cal's monster class deux

1,375,947 Views | 6499 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Admin
mikecohen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FuzzyWuzzy;842804472 said:

Oh, please. Are you going to defend Trump's morals next?

Trump is the epitome of nauseatingly substanceless ad hominem attacks. I thought that would be the obvious reference. Oh well . . .
mikecohen
FuzzyWuzzy;842804474 said:

Like he said, an ass for every seat.

I guess the intellectually appropriate response would be "Takes one to know one"
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Mikayla 18 points, 7 assists, 2 rebounds, 1 block, 1 steal
Courtney 15 points, 12 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 blocks, 3 steals
Kristine 18 points, 9 rebounds, 5 blocks
Asha 11 points, 4 rebounds, 8 assists including the game winning clutch pass to Kristine for the winning basket
Mi'Cole 18 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists[/SIZE]

gooski
Chapman_is_Gone;842804250 said:

+100.

Those entertained by his tired phony shtick -- which has gone unchanged for years and frankly makes me wonder if he has some form of autism -- are the same types still watching and entertained by the 17th season of Survivor. There's an ass for every seat, I suppose.

Are any of your posts not attacking Shocky? Lots of posts from Shocky that I appreciate - he's a great supporter of Cal

+1 for Shocky
SFBearz
mikecohen;842804499 said:

Trump is the epitome of nauseatingly substanceless ad hominem attacks. I thought that would be the obvious reference. Oh well . . .

And the epitome of those attacks on this board, and worse, is guess who...
Shocky1
if you ask them high character true student athletes of cal's go all the way up class (2017) where they live, they gonna point at the berkeley hills & tell you to go all the way up in their fueled up uber helicopter...just ask french montana, nothing can stop them

[video=youtube;y2ak_oBeC-I][/video]

jemarl baker, 3.6 gpa

juhwan harris dyson, 3.0 gpa

trevin knell, 4.0 gpa

justice sueing jr, 3.8 gpa

curvy brunette yoga female with a flat stomach that wants to date & marry a cal, stanford or ivy league grad, gpa unknown

cal family (50 year friendships)#
Shocky1
cal's go all the way up class (2017) fueled up uber helicopter may have room for 1 or 2 more passengers
mikecohen
SFBearz;842804510 said:

And the epitome of those attacks on this board, and worse, is guess who...

Getting serious for a second: The difference is that Trump actually means it . . . . Shocky does it (all of it, including the stuff in bad taste) with a sense of irony actually meant to be shared. Does he miss the mark? Yes. How much I think is a function of one's predilections; and I certainly do not question that, for some, some high degree of it is personally unacceptable. Fine. Having grown up with an appreciation of art that is deliberately extreme in various ways, including offensiveness, bad taste, over-the-top emotion, deliberately ugly, etc. (none of which precludes my maybe even deeper appreciation of art that is subtle, nuanced, intoned, refined, empathetic, heart-rendingly beautiful, and all those good things), I have a taste for Shocky's schtick - maybe especially because, in the middle of it, are real gems of what feels to me like truly deeply felt emotion which calls up sympathetic chords for me, like the paragraph that started my participation in today's string on this subject; AND, for the above reasons, I can also make the case (and have done so here) for the virtue of the irony in various aspects of his intentionally tacky schtick. Finally, I wonder if my unusually numerous posts today were created as much or more by the emotion caused by yesterday's extraordniary game -- and isn't it that general nexus of human endeavor that brings us all to this board?
Shocky1
thx mike, i think the real issue here is ethnocentiriscim, certain readers from uptight (usually white, not a mutt like me) middle class perspectives trying to impose their moral standards/censorship upon those with much different values...as berkeley is the epicenter of free speech & the celebration of true diversity, we should all be better than that

but with that in mind i'm still making 2 major changes in my behavior (ok, 3 if your counting not stormin' the floor anymore, sorry gordon):

1) i'm not gonna respond any more to those with criticisms on the cal's monster class, attacking those posters is actually kinda fun for me but clearly i've seriously hurt some people's feelings & that's never been my intent

2) i'm not gonna post anymore of any of the other 10,000+ threads on the basketball board...i'm not trying to dominate this board with my voice so please feel free to post your misinformed criticisms of the cal basketball program on any of the other threads knowing that shocky probably won't be reading them & attacking you any more

from day 1 the targeted audience has been a dozen+ high school prospects & the current guys on the team, that's around 25+ targeted readers on planet earth...by all accounts the current readership of that limited market segment is around 95% which means as the director of recruiting for the cal basketball program that i'm successfully doing my job

the reality is that the cal's monster classs & deux (with total views in excess of 2,600,000+ making it the most read thread in the history of college basketball recrutiing) is probably not for anybody over 25 years of age unless they don't take themselves that seriously, i've yet to meet anybody under 25 years of age who thought anything in these threads is in poor taste...my honest reaction when people get upset over anything written on the cal's monster class is that they proabaly don't got a yoga/meditation practice or aren't having enough sex, both of those are correctable personal issues/problems, it doesn't have to be that way unless your a killer whale

forward & onward#:rant:chainsaw:chainsaw:chainsaw:chainsaw:chainsaw:chainsaw
Shocky1
the problem in seattle is not lorenzo romar, he's arguably the best recruiter in the nation

it's the failure to hire/retain talented assistant coaches around him like ken bone that can teach defensive fundamentals, the huskies are currently poorly coached which has resulted in washington missing the ncca tournament the last 6 years despite a signficant # of nba selections

criminal dana altman, on the other hand, has led the corrupt oregon basketball program with solid gameday coaching which has resulted in a lot of wins on the basketball court with a basketball but also the failure to produce many nba players during his time in eugene & at creighton
Shocky1
jules bernard scored 27 points & competed like his hair (he got good hair) was on fire for 19 boards as the winward wildcats locked the ghosts in the attic 58-44 of the paraclete spirits

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including trinidad):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]sign him up![/SIZE]

[SIZE=5][/SIZE]
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Sunday is Cal basketball heaven with both the women and men's game at Haas (both for the price of one)

If you haven't seen Cal women basketball before, you are missing out big time
These warriors are talented, athletic, and have a deep love of the game of basketball

They also play at super sonic speed[/SIZE]

[video=youtube;zKu9e3svhvQ][/video]
Big C
gooski;842804503 said:

Are any of your posts not attacking Shocky? Lots of posts from Shocky that I appreciate - he's a great supporter of Cal

+1 for Shocky

Chapman_is_Gone has, historically, criticized many different people and ideas here. He is an equal-opportunity curmudgeon... and often very funny.

I actually enjoy reading both Shocky1 and Chapman. While they may appear to be on opposite ends of the continuum, if you bend the line into a circle, they really aren't too far apart (a concept that would probably sicken them both).

Go Bears!
Shocky1

the hardest working practice perimeter pure shooter in the united states of america & its territories trevin knell lit it up for 32 points including 5 3 pointers as the woodcross wildcats stung 76-61 the box elder bees...crooked azz shooting is not a fate, it's a choice (if you wanna get minted down the road, putting up 500+ practice shots every day is the price of admission)

the university of california, berklee=always welcoming the girl from utah:cheer
Shocky1

happy birthday, i...how did tamarik's children's lit final on alice in the wonderland turn out?

Shocky1;842753163 said:

http://www.scout.com/college/california/story/1537271-ivan-rabb-commits-to-cal-full-video

young ivee is the goat

do you remember where you were on april 13, 2015 the day young ivee made his collegiate announcement at his moms tami place of cooking at the time, the ol' yeller cafe in oakland across the street from bishop o'dowd high school?

taylor & i were watching the live stream (check out the link above, i seriously can't even watch it now without getting chills down my spine) at our home in north scottsdale nervously holding hands/holding our breaths in the living room when ivan finally told the assembled audience that he was gonna attend "the university of cal berkeley" & cal's diamonds are forever class (2015) was born against all odds

we screamed non stop for 5 minutes, we laughed & we cried, it's a moment when time stood still, something that will forever bind us together...someday taylor will get married & during the dad speech i will remind her of that epic shared experience re: our shared love for the magic of cal basketball...and someday they are gonna rename the bod gym & he's gonna build academic/athletic facilities for the youth of oaktown & trust me taylor & i will be there

yeah, young ivee you are the goat

the day the earth stood still (and the planets aligned with love throughout the universe)#:bravo
Shocky1
2018 cal offeree walter ellis scored 24 points including 2 3 pointers as the adams eagles ornithologized 74-65 the glenn falcons somewhere in the freezing azz midwest

my take is that when walter & his old man visit coach martin that they gonna commit a second after they get off the plane in cali, it's not sweater weather in the frozen tundra of south bend

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including east st louis)
Shocky1
what up, charlie?

happy b-day, just write down what you want & i'll get it sent to the cal dorms, ok?...much tastier than fish nite in berkeley, no worries about the cost i got tracy's credit card

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) univrersity in the world (including morgan park)
Shocky1
2018 point guard prospect alex lomax scored 23 points in limited minutes as the memphis east mustangs galloped 110-56 the melrose golden wildcats

alex is not a dumb azz, he got a 3.62 gpa

men take care of their business (with gatorade academic ambition)#
Shocky1
do you got your tix(s) for the battle at the barricade tomorrow at 1:30 pm vs colorado?...the super bowl kick off isn't until 3:45 pm for those that care about stuff like that

http://calbears.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS%3ACTO%3AB16%3AB17%3A&linkID=cal&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=&cgc=
[video=youtube;dyXEOVDF3rY][/video]

the magic of cal basketball (can't be experienced on tv)#:wave:wave:wave:wave
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]shocky, you should stick to basketball...

the best BBQ in Berkeley (and Oakland) is without a doubt Everett & Jones on the corner of University & San Pablo.
order the hot sauce at your peril[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]founder Dorothy Everett holds and donates to an annual Christmas free gift give away for the community every year[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]shocky, you might even pick up some new material from the bumper stickers on the wall of the Berkeley location...[/SIZE]

Shocky1;842804651 said:

what up, charlie?

happy b-day, just write down what you want & i'll get it sent to the cal dorms, ok?...much tastier than fish nite in berkeley, no worries about the cost i got tracy's credit card

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) univrersity in the world (including morgan park)
Shocky1
hoop dreams, your not my favorite foodie, it's not even close

everybody's a food critic#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]only THREE more home games
only THREE more home games for our seniors[/SIZE]

south bender
Tempus fugit...
stu
Shocky1;842804546 said:

i'm not gonna post anymore of any of the other 10,000+ threads on the basketball board...

That would be a loss, you've provided plenty of good information on threads meant for those on the other side of age 25.
Shocky1
stu;842804751 said:

That would be a loss, you've provided plenty of good information on threads meant for those on the other side of age 25.

stu, it's possible i still might repost some of those posts & respond on the cal's monster class thread

the goal is to not have anyone subjected to the world according to shocky unless they click on the cal's monster class

no more hurt feelings#
stu
Shocky1;842804752 said:

no more hurt feelings#

OK, but if you never again hurt someone's feelings or rush the court people might start thinking you've passed age 25. Happy birthday!
Shocky1
the cal basketball family's newest commit justice sueing jr scored 20 points as the mater dei monarchs corrupted 74-62 the st augustine saints at the nike extravagana

justice is a mutt, his dad is black & his moms is samoan...the fact that berkeley along with the san francisco bay area is one of the most diverse places on planet earth is kinda important to fellow mutts ivan rabb, derek king, kameron rooks, nick hamilton, stephen domingo, brandon chauca, koko kurdoghlian, brenden glapion, jason kidd & myself

justice, check out the link below with quotes from phx suns head coach earl watson (he's black & latino) re: his view that all the trump racism is uniting people & that the next president of the united states of america could be a female of a "mixed race and it's going to be intresting to see who that person is"

us mutts tend to be the least racist people on planet earth, yeah i got my eyes on the next potus in 2020, she's gonna be a curvy brunette yoga female with a flat stomach...and that's a good thing, someone who could unite the citizens of america, right justice?

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nba/suns/2016/11/12/suns-earl-watson-sees-new-us-unity-after-election/93742980/

real talk (what an incredible opportunity for tomorrow):bravo:bravo:bravo#
Shocky1
arizona wildcats (21-3) lost the assist battle -15 (11 to 26) & the game 85-58 to the corrupt oregon ducks organization (21-3)...former cats commit tyler dorsey scored 23 points & stared down the donut boy of tuscon after one of his buckets but the reality is that td don't got any future in the nba

lorenzo romar's washington huskies (9-14) are arguably the fundamentally worst defensive team in the nation in stopping nobody 107-66 in a abysmal performance on their home court to the ucla bruins (21-3)

utah utes (15-8) didn't play with enough energy after thursday nite's double ot loss to cal & got man boobed 81-75 by jerod haase's stanford cardinals (12-11)...it was a tremendous scheduling break in retrospect for the bears to get another day of rest after multiple guys played 40+ minutes

chimezie metu scored a career high 29 points as the usc trojans (20-4) wrapped up 86-77 the washington state cougars (11-12) in pullman

arizona state sun devils (11-13) stripper poled 81-68 the oregon state beavers (4-20)...the devils knocked down 13 of 27 3 pointers (48.1%) & only turned the ball over 8 times

#9 ranked virginia cavaliers got citrus poisoning 66-62 by the syracus orangemen

seton hall pirates (14-8) buried the treasure chest 68-66 of the georgetown hoyas

princeton tigers (12-6) got better gpas 57-56 than the harvard crimson

southeastern louisiana lions (13-11) make a mistake in feeding the bears 68-66 to the central arkansas bears

alcorn state braves (10-11) dental flossed 69-58 the jackson state tigers

louisiana tech bulldogs (16-8) hooved 94-90 the marshall thundering herd

south dakota state jackrabbits (12-14) lettuced 74-67 the oral roberts golden eagles

uc davis aggies (14-9) pharmed 67-64 the uc santa barbara gauchos

cal poly mustangs (7-16) got dropped off at hearst castle to the uc riverside highlanders

san diego state aztecs (13-9) leashed 70-67 the fresno state bulldogs

wyoming cowboys (15-9) broke back mountained 83-74 the air force falcons

uc irvine anteaters (13-12) got gold rushed 72-63 by the long beach state 49ers
Mealpoints
Shocky1;842804546 said:

thx mike, i think the real issue here is ethnocentiriscim, certain readers from uptight (usually white, not a mutt like me) middle class perspectives trying to impose their moral standards/censorship upon those with much different values...as berkeley is the epicenter of free speech & the celebration of true diversity, we should all be better than that

but with that in mind i'm still making 2 major changes in my behavior (ok, 3 if your counting not stormin' the floor anymore, sorry gordon):

1) i'm not gonna respond any more to those with criticisms on the cal's monster class, attacking those posters is actually kinda fun for me but clearly i've seriously hurt some people's feelings & that's never been my intent

2) i'm not gonna post anymore of any of the other 10,000+ threads on the basketball board...i'm not trying to dominate this board with my voice so please feel free to post your misinformed criticisms of the cal basketball program on any of the other threads knowing that shocky probably won't be reading them & attacking you any more

from day 1 the targeted audience has been a dozen+ high school prospects & the current guys on the team, that's around 25+ targeted readers on planet earth...by all accounts the current readership of that limited market segment is around 95% which means as the director of recruiting for the cal basketball program that i'm successfully doing my job

the reality is that the cal's monster classs & deux (with total views in excess of 2,600,000+ making it the most read thread in the history of college basketball recrutiing) is probably not for anybody over 25 years of age unless they don't take themselves that seriously, i've yet to meet anybody under 25 years of age who thought anything in these threads is in poor taste...my honest reaction when people get upset over anything written on the cal's monster class is that they proabaly don't got a yoga/meditation practice or aren't having enough sex, both of those are correctable personal issues/problems, it doesn't have to be that way unless your a killer whale

forward & onward#:rant:chainsaw:chainsaw:chainsaw:chainsaw:chainsaw:chainsaw

And give rescue cats 🐱 some love. Bandit insists.
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]get busy[/SIZE]

Shocky1
Osogato;842804822 said:

Tix are gone. I hope the rest of you who requested them still go to the game.

i've had the distinct honor of being invited to drop by osogato's fabulous tailgating parties on my walk from haas pavillion to memorial stadium on football gamedays & please be assured that he is arguably the most talented chef on campus (he's wasting his talents & true life mission with that dumb azz law degree)
Shocky1
Mealpoints;842804803 said:

And give rescue cats �� some love. Bandit insists.

meals, let me point out the obvious, bandit is clearly up to no good with that all knowing smirk

rescue/adoption lives matters (cats & mutts)#
Shocky1
gooski;842804503 said:

+1 for Shocky

gooski, your marshawn bobblehead is in the mail, cod

concordtom
Being a mutt may inoculate one against being a judging racist, fair point. But it does nothing to assure you won't judge people on their shapeliness.
First Page Last Page
Page 84 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.