cal's monster class deux

1,376,766 Views | 6499 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Admin
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
stanford cardinals (8-6) showed no heart getting rabies 91-52 by the arizona wildcats (13-2), a total program failure to compete by jared "man boobs" haase (trust me jordan brown never wanna see that ****)...former cal priority targeted wing/top 50 talent according to the rating services cameron walker lit it up for 0 points in his 1 minutes of pt

colorado buffaloes (10-4) got lit up 76-60 by the utah utes (10-3) in freezing azz salt lake city

lorenzo romar took another important step towards the unemployment line as the washington huskies (7-6) got kicked to the curb 79-74 by the washington state cougars (8-5) in front of a very unhappy quickly declining fan base in seattle...the bears staff got stay in contact with local commits daejon davis & jaylen nowell in case travis decuire is not hired as the huskies next coach, both guys are top 50 talents in the 2017 class & true student athletes with 3.5+ gpas

seton hall pirates (11-3) looted 69-66 the marquette warriors, theo john must be thrilled he's gonna live in milwaukee the next 4 years, don't get any better than that unless you are dead

louisiana tech bulldogs (9-5) endangered 79-55 the southern mississippi eagles

bi polar san diego aztecs (8-5) got arrested in the gaslight district 68-62 by the new mexico lobos...vegas hates trying to predict which aztec team will show up (or not)
Shocky1
fist bumped walton at halftime, he smelled like he had lit up before the game

braindead (no cells left)#
OneKeg
Shocky1;842784680 said:

and yeah my man young ivee played like a ******* all american with 20 points on 7 of 15 field goals including a nba stretch forward 2 of 2 3 pointers along with an alpha male 15 boards & an unselfish point forward 5 assists...there's a reason ivan is gonna be a lottery pick in the 2017 nba draft, now that he's healthy it's only gonna keep getting better & better...

Don't shortchange Ivan. He was 7 of 10, not 7 of 15. 2/2 on 3s and 5/8 on 2s.

I do agree with your earlier comment that he's finally healthy - you can feel his energy. The only bad play I remember from him is when he got a little to crazy with the dribble on a broken play and lost control in the first half. Everything else was awesome to see.
Shocky1
OneKeg;842784709 said:

Don't shortchange Ivan. He was 7 of 10, not 7 of 15. 2/2 on 3s and 5/8 on 2s.

I do agree with your earlier comment that he's finally healthy - you can feel his energy. The only bad play I remember from him is when he got a little to crazy with the dribble on a broken play and lost control in the first half. Everything else was awesome to see.

thx one keg, edited per your correction, if you told me you were a math or stats major at cal i would believe you

personally i did some of my best work with art history majors at cal

clothes are for losers#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Yeah, no one likes the new Call of Duty Infinite Warfare, but Cal stormed ASU, with 5 players hit 11 treys, shooting 44% from behind the arc[/SIZE]

Shocky1
not everyone associated with the cal basketball program wanna get their hair cut by derek king...on the other hand it don't really matter to coach martin, coach webster, coach wyking & coach marcus but let's be real here, they don't got good hair

sorry

:moon:

get you good (with sharp instruments)#
89Bear
Shocky1;842784680 said:

left to right, grant "the wolf of wall street" mullins, jabari "nba motor" bird, charlie "still growing up" moore, ivan "100% healthy" rabb, sir kingsley okoroh & sammy "joe's stone crabs are poisonous" singer

so it's an hour before tip off & i'm dropping off my extra floor pass for my guest 71b at the recruits will call, there's a problem at the players will call, grant mullins forgot to put his pretty columbia (played volleyball) girlfriend & her parents on the list for free tickets...so i tell them i'll take care of it, i jog over to the basketball offices but nobody's there...finally matt from the athletic department graciously takes care of the problem & gets them in the door...during the 45+ minutes early warm ups i ask grant what's wrong with him, how could be forget his good looking gf & his future potential in laws?...grant tells me thank you with his patented smirk smile & i say no worries, the wolf is gonna go off tonite, he's gonna shoot the rock without fear, he's like black soap in nyc

and that's exactly what happened, the wolf arbitraged the 2.5 gpa dumb azz sun devils with 20 points on 7 of 10 field goals & an en fuego 5 of 8 3 pointers along with exceptional ball control (only 1 turnover) in 35 minutes...when cal's ivy league catch & shoot venture capitalist shoots it in rhythm, the bears are minted in the markets...let's build on this, grant, let's do this

on a nite when jabari bird's 3 point shot wasn't dropping (2 of 9 3 pointers) the bird man did not sit in a ******* corner & sulk/become invisible...the senior/nba prospect fearlessly attacked the basket & finished with 16 points on 7 of 15 field goals along with a physical presence on d...jabari, gotta clean up the 4 turnovers for the la trip, ok?

kingsley okoroh altered half a dozen shots & blocked 3 more, the bears are one of the best defensive teams in the nation when the king is on the floor & not in foul trouble, his zero fouls tonite is a remarkable achievement (kinda like claiming a curvy brunette yoga female as a girlfriend)...king, please don't take any worthless advice from grant re: how to treat your gf, ok?...mullins don't know **** about relationships

sam singer did all the little things that help teams win basketball games...sam is unselfish, he's all about the team & i 100% respect that...he's currently working with a local shooting coach/consultant & his stroke looked good tonite, more natural & less upright/mechanical...singer scored 10 points on an efficient 4 of 8 field goals along with 6 boards...when sammy is smiling & hand clapping with attitude, the bears are victorious

charlie moore cut back on his dribbling & got 6 important assists, his upside is unlimited...trust me, charlie wants this real bad

and yeah my man young ivee played like a ******* all american with 20 points on 7 of 10 field goals including a nba stretch forward 2 of 2 3 pointers along with an alpha male 15 boards & an unselfish point forward 5 assists...there's a reason ivan is gonna be a lottery pick in the 2017 nba draft, now that he's healthy it's only gonna keep getting better & better...there's no candy azz soft male strippers like ultrahateme (an ugly bitch who thinks every cal basketball & football coach along with entire athletic department is incompetent but is so unsuccessful that he can't afford to actually ever go to a game in berkeley) at montera middle school

a tip of the cap to asu's obinna oleka for knocking down 3 of 7 3 pointers but make no mistake about it his james harden wannabe look is both unoriginal & never gonna work with the perfect 10s in tempe

fun ending to the evening when i yelled across the floor during the final minute to my pal bobby "off to the races" & let him know that "it's over, bobby, it's over"

King is really playing well!!! So impressed with his game. I would love to see Jabari take fewer 3's and get to the basket more. Zero free throws for him is not acceptable. Shocky, get on him for that:p I loved seeing Ivan and Grant let it fly!!!
Shocky1

mike williams told me before the game that the proposed $25 million dollars fully dedicated basketball practice facility is continuing to move forward thru the berkeley labryinth of approvals & discussions...a big part of mike's job in meeting with the numerous academic interests & explaining the academic commitment of cal's true student athletes, it needs to be explained that the donor raised $25m is not transferable to other departments by those seeking funding for their favorite educational programs

after the memorial stadium debt debacle, construction on this project once all approvals are gained cannot commence until all dollars are fully collected which is a prudent fiscal policy

in my travels i've toured the dedicated practice facilities at utah, oregon & arizona...while it's acknowledged that they are academically mediocre schools, it's an important recruting tool with top 100 prospects to offer these kinda facilities...the university of virginia (an excellent school) got the john paul jones arena that includes one and a half practice courts that are available at all times for team & individual work

with the retirement of worthless obstructionist mike weinberger the bears got more access to the gold gym at the rsf which was renovated thru donor dollars but it's not an ideal solution

this is coach martin's #1 request to ensure the continued upward trajectory of the cal basketball program...his #2 request is that i stay further afar from him & quit outcoaching him on gamedays, that's just embarazzing for coach but guess what none of that is gonna happen

and yeah it's also gonna ensure more opportunities for both the men's & women's teams to put up more practice free throws...when this deal gets done mark my words the season free throw percentages for both programs are gonna go up a couple of points...in close games that's big

let's do this

the haas that ivan built (with a lot of generous support from the haas & goldman families)#:bravo
UrsaMajor
Shocky1;842784784 said:

mike williams told me before the game that the proposed $25 million dollars fully dedicated basketball practice facility is continuing to move forward thru the berkeley labryinth of approvals & discussions...a big part of mike's job in meeting with the numerous academic interests & explaining the academic commitment of cal's true student athletes, it needs to be explained that the donor raised $25m is not transferable to other departments by those seeking funding for their favorite educational programs

after the memorial stadium debt debacle, construction on this project once all approvals are gained cannot commence until all dollars are fully collected which is a prudent fiscal policy

in my travels i've toured the dedicated practice facilities at utah, oregon & arizona...while it's acknowledged that they are academically mediocre schools, it's an important recruting tool with top 100 prospects to offer these kinda facilities...the university of virginia (an excellent school) got the john paul jones arena that includes one and a half practice courts that are available at all times for team & individual work

with the retirement of worthless obstructionist mike weinberger the bears got more access to the gold gym at the rsf which was renovated thru donor dollars but it's not an ideal solution

this is coach martin's #1 request to ensure the continued upward trajectory of the cal basketball program...his #2 request is that i stay further afar from him & quit outcoaching him on gamedays, that's just embarazzing for coach but guess what none of that is gonna happen

and yeah it's also gonna ensure more opportunities for both the men's & women's teams to put up more practice free throws...when this deal gets done mark my words the season free throw percentages for both programs are gonna go up a couple of points...in close games that's big

let's do this

the haas that ivan built (with a lot of generous support from the haas & goldman families)#:bravo

The facility is going to be a very hard sell at the university. In addition to the $25 million for construction, the administration is going to demand an endowment to cover operating costs (probably 6 figures a year) given the IA deficit. Plus, there is a real fight on campus for available land. There was a **** storm when the Aquatic Center was built, because of the very acute need for housing and the lack of available land to build on. It doesn't help that Mike W. has relatively little credibility within the administration. While I think the practice facility is a sound investment, I wouldn't hold my breath.
Shocky1
if you told me auburn's tj dunans is related to me or something, i would believe you

[video=youtube;FVZDLoOZZak][/video]

player of the ******* week#
HoopDreams

[video=youtube;b3_VbuqBhVQ][/video]
Shocky1
UrsaMajor;842784785 said:

The facility is going to be a very hard sell at the university. In addition to the $25 million for construction, the administration is going to demand an endowment to cover operating costs (probably 6 figures a year) given the IA deficit. Plus, there is a real fight on campus for available land. There was a **** storm when the Aquatic Center was built, because of the very acute need for housing and the lack of available land to build on. It doesn't help that Mike W. has relatively little credibility within the administration. While I think the practice facility is a sound investment, I wouldn't hold my breath.

ursa, agree with you it's gonna be challenging to get this done but there's always gonna be obstacles to get anything collectively done in an organization with an annual operating budget of $2.5 billion dollars...williams is actually very well regarded (relatively speaking, much more than his predecessors) within the administration for raising academic standards (recent 1000 apr for basketball & 997 for football) & he's a brilliant financial guy that has a gameplan that's methodically moving forward...i wouldn't want you to hold your breath, my yoga/meditation practice has taught me that deep breaths is the best way to live (and make free throws) during out limited time here on planet earth but this is gonna happen...when people impose their will (and the offense runs thru ivan) good things happen & then we're off to the races

there are influential forces behind the dedicated basketball practicie facility, i'll make sure you get an invitation to the groundbreaking, make sure you bring a curvy brunette yoga female with a flat stomach, ok?

Shocky1;842662951 said:

the proposed basketball practice facility which is currently on a fast track cost analysis including underground infrastructure (this was not done at the spieker aquatics center) & lead donors fundraising would include a world class s&c workout area for coach christopher

off to the races#
Shocky1
as part of my player development responsbilities for the cal basketball program i had the following conversation with kingsley okoroh in hawaii:

the king (walking towards me with his hand outstretched): how are you, good to see you again

shocky (avoiding the handshake, patented fist bump instead): what up, king?...why are you trying to use the backboard?...when you get within a foot or two of the basket just dunk the ******* basketball, ok?

the king (with a big smile): yeh, i'm working on that

shocky: dribbling & the backboard are not your friends king, just slam the ball next time, ok?...your the strongest guy on the court, nobody is gonna stop you

the king (nodding his head): i'm definitely working on that

so it was good to see last nite against asu the king continue his recent progression of going up strong & dunking the basketball without dribbling and/or banking a point range shot off the backboard

yeah, the king is the #1 rim protector in the pac 12 right now & with a bad azz attitude (he's learning to turn off the english gentleman candy azz soft good manners **** on gamedays) he's gonna eventually get paid to play basketball

sure hope i get to develop 2018 tolu jacob yaffa in the future, that's my boy

shocky's work is never done (cal basketball don't sleep, sleep is for losers)#:bluecarrot:

Shocky1;842769918 said:

let's be real here, it's gotta be great time right now to be the king...did i mention that his girlfriend is a curvy brunette latina yoga female?

the king of darby & his compton princess#:bravo
Shocky1
listen to walton at the 1:10 mark, bill mentions that grant got "wonderful hair"...yeah walton is an avid reader of the cal's monster class

[video=youtube;A6kj9fZbryQ][/video]
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]why is this man throwing a tantrum?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]because he keeps trying and trying, but still can't beat Cal[/SIZE]

Shocky1

bishop o'dowd's naseem gaskin was in the haas again for the asu game, kid loves his family & the bay area and he's being coached up by academic mentor/community activist lou richie on 98th avenue across the street from the ol' yeller cafe

watching gaskin at the nor cal classic at newark memorial high school last month, he's a +1 freak athlete that already defends at a high level that can also attack the basket & can also shoot with a smooth stoke...like all the dragons he's unselfish with the ball which means none of the guys are ever gonna get huge stats...love his intensity, he's clearly a basketball gym rat...and yeah naseem got great hair

the staff is keeping a close eye on 3 bay area guards for 2018, naseem gaskin & eiijah hardy of the dragons & james akinjo of salesian (coached up by cal grad bill mellis)...bod & salesian are gonna go head to head again (salesian won the 1st battle 57-55) on november 28th at 8:00 pm at napa community college...there's gonna be lots of talent on display at the grind sessions november 27th-29th including deandre ayton & 2019 josh green (cal actionable offer, 1st school to offer) of the hillcrest academy (phoenix) & the unreal prolific prep d1 talent

naseem, elijah & james all gotta work harder in the classroom, they got basketball talent but that's only part of the recruiting (evaluation) equation at the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world

what's your gpa (study hall matters)?#:axe
bearmanpg
I saw Gaskins and Hardy at the NorCal at Newark Memorial too...I also just saw Akinjo in the Modesto Christian tourney last week...Gaskins has the best build and motor of the 3, he also probably drives to the hoop the best of the 3, Akinjo is definitely a point guard, distributing freely and setting up teammates, he is the smallest of the 3 but he has a good shot and plays completely under control....Hardy had probably his best shooting game at Newark but I've seen him a few other times and his shot needs some work to get consistent, he does have a good handle and has good court vision and feel for the game....if I could only get 1 of these guys for Cal, I would take Gaskins for his defense, size, shot and motor...kid plays hard all night...just my opinion...
Shocky1
good stuff, bearmanpg, always enjoy your in person high school prospect evaluations

btw, it's gaskin, not gaskins

spelling (kinda) matters#
Shocky1
alcorn state braves (3-9) got barely clawed 67-65 by the texas southern tigers in the circle of life

southeastern louisiana lions (9-6) tamed 74-63 the incarnte word cardinals
calfanz
Shocky1;842784784 said:

let's do this

[SIZE=5]*IF* this is true, and I certainly hope so, then BRAVO!
This is critical to being a top 20 Hoop program. With Academics, CM and top notch facilities, we have a great opportunity to be the shi*.

So.....let's grassroot this and find out what we can do to expedite this facility.

Once the W's move to SF, the east-bay will be all ours.
[/SIZE]
Shocky1
as mentioned in the asu game recap, sam singer is currently working with a highly respected/well regarded local shooting coach/consultant from down the peninsula

they are working to subtly get his stroke less upright/mechanical & more flowing with better rhythm while stepping into the shot, his shot already looks more natural

yeah sammy is not afraid to put in the work, if singer can knock down his free throws & wide open 3 pointers from the top of the key we're gonna be off to the races

the unselfish (team 1st) 6th man#
south bender
Shocky1;842785111 said:

as mentioned in the asu game recap, sam singer is currently working with a highly respected/well regarded local shooting coach/consultant from down the peninsula

they are working to subtly get his stroke less upright/mechanical & more flowing with better rhythm while stepping into the shot, his shot already looks more natural

yeah sammy is not afraid to put in the work, if singer can knock down his free throws & wide open 3 pointers from the top of the key we're gonna be off to the races

Glad to know Sam has a well regarded shooting coach. His form has never been awful, so hopefully results will come quickly. If so, Sam's scoring should go up some, as important, his assists should increase.

As in every year Sam has been at Cal, I will be rooting for him.

Go Bears!
bearmanpg
Shocky1;842785047 said:

good stuff, bearmanpg, always enjoy your in person high school prospect evaluations

btw, it's gaskin, not gaskins

spelling (kinda) matters#

He was so fast it looked like 2 of him...hehe....
philbert
Shocky1;842785111 said:

Bravo to Singer! He does seem less reluctant to shoot the ball in recent games. Would something like this help Domingo? Or maybe a sports psychologist?
Shocky1
philbert;842785191 said:

Bravo to Singer! He does seem less reluctant to shoot the ball in recent games. Would something like this help Domingo? Or maybe a sports psychologist?

philbert, actually domingo is also working with the same shooting coach/consultant too
Shocky1
oskidunker;842785285 said:

Wouldnt be Rick Barry,would it?

nope
Shocky1
it's not just rescue dogs that need adoption, consider my fighter little man drae brown recent's adoption in phoenix after 832 days in foster care...check out the link below, coach martin is gonna cry for sure, count on it

gotta love dae's triumphant fist pump, he's already got the basics down for being an amped fueled up cal fan when charlie, young ivee, bird man or the wolf of wall street drains a nba range 3 point moneyball

lots of love, dae, gonna attend your games in high school when your in high school, if you commit to them california golden bears then i'll even let you name the 2031 recruiting class, ok?...nothing but blue chip true student athletes, let's do this dae

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/lifestyle/a8527770/michael-brown-viral-twitter-adoption-pictures/?src=socialflowTW

normal people doing great things (assist to taylor chavez)#:cheer
Shocky1
warren washington made his junior season debut (due to transfer rules) with an explosive & multiple 16 points along with 10 boards & 6 assists in leading them mission hills grizzlies (kam & khayla's school) to a 75-59 mauling of the sage creek bobcats

warren, when you are gonna commit to the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world?...trevin is gonna need a roommate down the road...feel your pain, not playing for so long is like living in a penitentiary, it's gonna be a special season

Shocky1;842719307 said:

the cal staff offered bouncy 6'9" 185 lbs 2018 warren washington from escondido high school earlier this summer & warren attended cal's elite camp this weekend while doing the hang with coach martin & coach webster (who started scouting warren as a freshman on the aau circuit)

yeah warren got good hair, coach martin & coach webster not so much

washington is a stretch 4 that could potentially slide at times to the 3 creating major offensive mismatches that can knock down 3 pointers, pass the ball to cutters with vision, block shots/rebound in the paint & run the court...he would benefit tremendously from coach christopher's world class (and fun) s&c program, gaining good weight & strength is a major priority for him to develop along the lines of his idol current golden state warrior kevin durant

warren is a mature true student athlete that enjoys his world history & english classes, he is not a dumb azz...washington has told ryan gorcey that he got a 3.5 gpa

[video=youtube;aoippovraQA][/video]

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including san diego):gobears:
Shocky1
[video=youtube;xquGi_XDuOc][/video]
Shocky1
89Bear;842783318 said:

Will KR be in the lineup next game???

yes, k(rooks) cleared by barry
Shocky1
Shocky1;842785000 said:

as part of my player development responsbilities for the cal basketball program i had the following conversation with kingsley okoroh in hawaii:

the king (walking towards me with his hand outstretched): how are you, good to see you again

shocky (avoiding the handshake, patented fist bump instead): what up, king?...why are you trying to use the backboard?...when you get within a foot or two of the basket just dunk the ******* basketball, ok?

the king (with a big smile): yeh, i'm working on that

shocky: dribbling & the backboard are not your friends king, just slam the ball next time, ok?...your the strongest guy on the court, nobody is gonna stop you

the king (nodding his head): i'm definitely working on that

so it was good to see last nite against asu the king continue his recent progression of going up strong & dunking the basketball without dribbling and/or banking a point range shot off the backboard

yeah, the king is the #1 rim protector in the pac 12 right now & with a bad azz attitude (he's learning to turn off the english gentleman candy azz soft good manners **** on gamedays) he's gonna eventually get paid to play basketball

sure hope i get to develop 2018 tolu jacob yaffa in the future, that's my boy

shocky's work is never done (cal basketball don't sleep, sleep is for losers)#:bluecarrot:

king, that's right, slam dunk the ******* basketball

[video=youtube;tejnp_nDYXs][/video]

dribbling & using the backboard#:nono:
Shocky1
warren washington stats tonite: 23 points along with 12 boards, 4 assists, 2 steals & 2 blocks

Shocky1
the bears are not gonna travel to los angeles for this week's roadtrip with bill walton as the bus driver, that's not gonna happen

sorry

it's not a race (no returned calls)#:
philbert
Shocky1;842785195 said:

philbert, actually domingo is also working with the same shooting coach/consultant too

Thanks. I'm pulling for him to break out.
Big C
Shocky1;842785195 said:

As a noted long-time Cal Basketball lover, it pains me to sound a note of cynicism, but seniors are now working with a well-regarded shooting coach? Aren't they about 6-18 months too late on that?
First Page Last Page
Page 70 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.