Shoplifting Bruins!!!????

20,899 Views | 119 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by stu
calgldnbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just got a text alert from ESPN ... Three Bruins players caught shoplifting in China including LiAngenlo Ball !!!!!????

Borrow some money from your brother dude.....
GoCalBears
damn...stealing in china? if true, will the chinese gov make an example out of them?
85Bear
GoCalBears said:

damn...stealing in china? if true, will the chinese gov make an example out of them?
Depends... are the Big Baller shoes manufactured in China?
OldenBear
calgldnbear said:

Just got a text alert from ESPN ... Three Bruins players caught shoplifting in China including LiAngenlo Ball !!!!!????

link from the LA Times ...

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-ucla-basketball-china-arrests-20171107-story.html

ahhh, kids ....
andilise
A clear cry for help? This kid is saying "somebody save me from my dad".
socaliganbear
Allegedly stole from Louis Vuitton. That can add up quickly. . .
calgldnbear
My guess is the boosters aren't giving them enough to cover their "normal" expenses .....
ducky23
socaliganbear said:

Allegedly stole from Louis Vuitton. That can add up quickly. . .
oh that's not good. I just assumed they stole something from like a local market. I wouldn't call stealing something from Louis Vuitton "shoplifting". that's more like grand larceny.

will be interesting how UCLA handles this

85Bear
ducky23 said:

oh that's not good. I just assumed they stole something from like a local market. I wouldn't call stealing something from Louis Vuitton "shoplifting". that's more like grand larceny.

Not good at all. If they were your regular average-joe type of US citizen getting caught for this, they'd be in a ton of trouble. Not sure how their being more high profile will impact this, if at all. Maybe the US State Department gets involved?
PtownBear1
LOL what a bunch of buffoons. Although I'll admittedly feel bad for them if they get sent to years of hard labor.

EDIT: On second thought, they can't possibly be that stupid and Asian countries are notoriously racist. I'll wait for more info before bashing them....
Econ141
Man these guys are good - season hasn't started and already lead the nation in steals.
UrsaMajor
In the article it says "not sure whether or not they have been detained or will be allowed to play against Georgia Tech." Really? Would Alford go ahead and play them?
ncbears
I'm sure they will be suspended for the first half of the game on November 15 against Central Arkansas. Ok, maybe not the first half. Maybe the first five minutes.
NYCGOBEARS
It'll be interesting to see how the Chinese go forward with this. Such a stupid move for so many reasons.
bear2034
Arrested!

3 UCLA basketball players arrested in China on shoplifting charges
bear2034
This will probably be the leading story for college basketball over the next 2 weeks?
Trump also arriving in China on Wednesday, bad timing for the Bruins.

MinotStateBeav
That's how Big Balla's do!!!!!!!
cal93
China is probably in the top 10 list of countries not be arrested in.

Can't wait to hear how Daddy Ball spins this one.
ColoradoBear
PtownBear1 said:

LOL what a bunch of buffoons. Although I'll admittedly feel bad for them if they get sent to years of hard labor.

EDIT: On second thought, they can't possibly be that stupid and Asian countries are notoriously racist. I'll wait for more info before bashing them....

What weird was this morning there was an article that three GT players were detained and interviewed regarding some kind of crime. So was this just due to there being a description of three black males stealing something? Unless someone was caught with the goods, it might be more than a little tenuous.
socaliganbear
ColoradoBear said:

PtownBear1 said:

What weird was this morning there was an article that three GT players were detained and interviewed regarding some kind of crime. So was this just due to there being a description of three black males stealing something? Unless someone was caught with the goods, it might be more than a little tenuous.
I believe that the LV store is either in or right next to the hotel where both teams are staying, so yeah, they prob grabbed whatever group of kids where there that happened to match a description. But there must be some reason why all were released but 3.
NYCGOBEARS
socaliganbear said:

ColoradoBear said:

PtownBear1 said:

I believe that the LV store is either in or right next to the hotel where both teams are staying, so yeah, they prob grabbed whatever group of kids where there that happened to match a description. But there must be some reason why all were released but 3.

There is a zero percent chance that there isn't video in that store.
bearister
Brings to mind former Warrior Chris Washburn. During a pre season trip to Greece when he played for North Carolina State they found more Greek antiquities in his suitcase than in a wing of the British Museum.
Well at least the Bruins didn't get caught taking propaganda posters off the walls in a North Korean Hotel.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bross
From Dan Wetzel: LiAngelo Ball and UCLA teammates could face 3-10 years in prison if convicted of shoplifting
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/benrosssports
NYCGOBEARS
bross said:

From Dan Wetzel: LiAngelo Ball and UCLA teammates could face 3-10 years in prison if convicted of shoplifting

If LaVar starts opening his mouth, those kids could do serious time.
stu
NYCGOBEARS said:

If LaVar starts opening his mouth, those kids could do serious time.

Maybe a shoe deal with a Chinese company and the right terms could smooth everything over.
bear2034
ncbears said:

I'm sure they will be suspended for the first half of the game on November 15 against Central Arkansas. Ok, maybe not the first half. Maybe the first five minutes.
Or maybe 3 years in a Chinese prison.
calgo430
it looks like serious trouble for the kids and ucla.
UCBerkGrad
My prediction: Public apology and no serious consequences.
SanseiBear
calgldnbear said:

This reminded me of some of the members of the Texas Southern band that went on a shoplifting rampage in Tokyo in 1992 after performing at the Nebraska-Kansas State football game held in that country where Cal had played Washington State in 1987.

http://articles.latimes.com/1992-12-16/news/mn-1947_1_university-band

brcal69
Sounds like a relatively innocent incident to me. An 18 year old college freshman who drives a Ferrari probably doesn't know the value of anything and likely assumes that he was entitled to whatever he might want. It's all very simple. Certainly the Chinese authorities will understand.
graguna
85Bear said:

ducky23 said:

Not good at all. If they were your regular average-joe type of US citizen getting caught for this, they'd be in a ton of trouble. Not sure how their being more high profile will impact this, if at all. Maybe the US State Department gets involved?
Whether or not the state dept gets involved really depends on whether the kids are white or black. If they are white, trump will save them If they're black, well ........
BeachedBear
graguna said:

Whether or not the state dept gets involved really depends on whether the kids are white or black. If they are white, trump will save them If they're black, well ........
I believe one of them (Jaylen Hill) had a recurring role as Sideshow Bob in the Simpsons. Perhaps Hollywood will step in and exert some influence.
SFCityBear
So what is the big deal here? It's Westwood. It's UCLA.

Here is an incident from 1966, reported again in the LA Times, October 11, 1997:

"Forward Mike Lynn, about to begin his senior campaign, was suspended for a season after being charged with (and later convicted of) illegal use of a stolen credit card a few days before the 1966-67 opener. He came back to play in the 1967-68 season."

Some things never change.

bearister
SFCityBear said:

Here is an incident from 1966, reported again in the LA Times, October 11, 1997:

"Forward Mike Lynn, about to begin his senior campaign, was suspended for a season after being charged with (and later convicted of) illegal use of a stolen credit card a few days before the 1966-67 opener. He came back to play in the 1967-68 season."

The Jesuit response would be suspension for the season even if it meant losing every game. The Christian Brothers' response would be "Well, boys will be boys, they didn't really mean to steal."
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
UrsaMajor
SFCityBear said:

LOL
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.