Shoplifting Bruins!!!????

20,798 Views | 119 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by stu
petalumabear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My thoughts on the two of them denying each other any "credit " for the three fUCLA players being released is just this... 2 attention *****s battling their way to the bottom of the bowl.
bear2034
UCLA wants this story to go away but it just won't. Not with Ball yapping and Trump tweeting.
PtownBear1
oskirules said:

UCLA wants this story to go away but it just won't. Not with Ball yapping and Trump tweeting.

Lol. Reminds me of when William hung had his 15 minutes. So embarrassing for Cal and he just wouldn't go away.
GoCalBears
concordtom said:

SoFlaBear said:

Now Trump says he should have left the players in jail after the LaVar Ball comments:

Oh, this is hilarious.
Thank you.
I love it.

President Trump blasted the father of one of the three UCLA basketball players released after being picked up on shoplifting charges in China and said he should have "left them in jail" after LaVar Ball suggested the president had little to do with helping his son get out of the country.

"Now that the three basketball players are out of China and saved from years in jail, LaVar Ball, the father of LiAngelo, is unaccepting of what I did for his son and that shoplifting is no big deal. I should have left them in jail!" Trump posted on Twitter Sunday.

LiAngelo Ball, Cody Riley and Jalen Hill were held at their hotel in the Chinese city of Hangzhou after being arrested for allegedly stealing sunglasses from a Louis Vuitton store.

Trump, who was in China as part of a 12-day trip through five Asia nations, said he personally asked Chinese President Xi Xinping to intervene.

But Ball's father told ESPN that he doubted that Trump played a role in the release last week of the three Bruins.

"Who?" he told ESPN when asked about Trump's involvement. "What was he over there for? Don't tell me nothing. Everybody wants to make it seem like he helped me out."
It would be great if China issued an extradition for the 3 players and see what LaVar says then.
concordtom
Lol.
Or a statement that new information in the robbery investigation has come to light and that if they ever set foot in china again...
bearsandgiants
whatever you think about the kid and his dad, this, from our leader, is unhinged

concordtom
The CNN Lavar Ball - Chris Cuomo interview of 2 night's ago is the worse I've ever seen, and a huge waste of time. But, ya know CNN tried it out to get eyeballs, and Ball is just self-promoting for his own merchandising and ego purposes. So, no harm no foul.

There are a million reasons why this other character needs to go, however, and the least of which is that he spends time ranting with Ball, the NFL, etc.

Al Franken's job is threatened because he apparently patted a rear end.
But Ted Kennedy's womanizing recklessness killed a woman.
And Bill Clinton was caught both lying and doing unbecoming behavior (albeit consenting adults).
It's like, wow, this issue of sexual harassment and sexual abuse and abuse of power in the workplace, weighed against basic human expression of interest, advances, flirting, humor is interesting and rapidly maturing culturally.

Here's an article that illustrates how Trump is caught in an era rapidly fading.

https://www.thenation.com/article/16-women-or-donald-trump-who-would-you-believe/

The Washington Post has a similar one out.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2017/11/22/president-trump-and-accusations-of-sexual-misconduct-the-complete-list/

And no, sexual harassment is also not at all the reason why I assess the need for somehow installing a new chief executive.
wifeisafurd
concordtom said:

The CNN Lavar Ball - Chris Cuomo interview of 2 night's ago is the worse I've ever seen, and a huge waste of time. But, ya know CNN tried it out to get eyeballs, and Ball is just self-promoting for his own merchandising and ego purposes. So, no harm no foul.

There are a million reasons why this other character needs to go, however, and the least of which is that he spends time ranting with Ball, the NFL, etc.

And Bill Clinton was caught both lying and doing unbecoming behavior (albeit consenting adults).
It's like, wow, this issue of sexual harassment and sexual abuse and abuse of power in the workplace, weighed against basic human expression of interest, advances, flirting, humor is interesting and rapidly maturing culturally.

Here's an article that illustrates how Trump is caught in an era rapidly fading.

https://www.thenation.com/article/16-women-or-donald-trump-who-would-you-believe/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2017/11/22/president-trump-and-accusations-of-sexual-misconduct-the-complete-list/

And no, sexual harassment is also not at all the reason why I assess the need for somehow installing a new chief executive.
If this is a shot at Kristian Gillibrand, it is unfair. Clinton now is facing several rape claims (one of which several media CEO's tried to bury a while back) and physical harassment claims (also one where he exposed his genitals). None of them consenting. If you read the recent allegations that surfaced, there mostly women who worked with Clinton. My gut reaction is this payback (since the sources are Dems) now for Mrs. Clinton getting that "creepy Joe Biden" site on the internet, and because victims are now coming forward all over the place . Certainly different than allegations Kennedy or any other guy was a womanizer. BTW, since I am subjected to Fox News at my gym, there are lot of pictures out there of Franken grabbing asses and tits (some to be funny maybe?) and rather crude remarks, which 20 to 30 years ago people would laugh off, but not today. My guess is he is dead in his party. BTW, certainly bipartisan. Moore looks to be a predator, Fox was running an environment a labor lawyer would salivate over, and it seems like every male media icon did something inappropriate, Lest we forget, several women came forward about Trump. And then there is Congress which has a system where settlements are paid with taxpayer money, and there is no transparency how the money is spent. Even congressional leaders Pelosi and Ryan can't find out how much is paid and to whom.

I would have thought the Ball interview was not even worthy of a response. I underestimated this President's ability to be small. Ball and Trump deserve each other. As for UCLA, this isn't going away any time soon, and the more daddy Ball speaks, the longer the suspensions IMO.
bearmanpg
Come on CT....as far as the Franken photo is concerned you must need a course in anatomy....
concordtom
wifeisafurd said:

concordtom said:

If this is a shot at Kristian Gillibrand, it is unfair. Clinton now is facing several rape claims (one of which several media CEO's tried to bury a while back) and physical harassment claims (also one where he exposed his genitals). None of them consenting. If you read the recent allegations that surfaced, there mostly women who worked with Clinton. My gut reaction is this payback (since the sources are Dems) now for Mrs. Clinton getting that "creepy Joe Biden" site on the internet, and because victims are now coming forward all over the place . Certainly different than allegations Kennedy or any other guy was a womanizer. BTW, since I am subjected to Fox News at my gym, there are lot of pictures out there of Franken grabbing asses and tits (some to be funny maybe?) and rather crude remarks, which 20 to 30 years ago people would laugh off, but not today. My guess is he is dead in his party. BTW, certainly bipartisan. Moore looks to be a predator, Fox was running an environment a labor lawyer would salivate over, and it seems like every male media icon did something inappropriate, Lest we forget, several women came forward about Trump. And then there is Congress which has a system where settlements are paid with taxpayer money, and there is no transparency how the money is spent. Even congressional leaders Pelosi and Ryan can't find out how much is paid and to whom.

I would have thought the Ball interview was not even worthy of a response. I underestimated this President's ability to be small. Ball and Trump deserve each other. As for UCLA, this isn't going away any time soon, and the more daddy Ball speaks, the longer the suspensions IMO.
Who is Kristian Gillibrand?

I will admit, I felt that all the accusations vs Clinton when he was initially running for Pres was a bunch of BS. I was a young adult and did not think that grown men would conduct themselves in that way. Now I am older know that I was very naive, and so many of those who accomplish great things do so b/c they don't have the same inner voice of caution and others. (Also, folks are plain ole' fallible.)

Since the time that Clinton essentially admitted that he had been lying ("I did not have sexual relations with that woman") with his strained responses during that deposition ("It depends on what the definition of 'is' is"), I have not known which of the Slick Willy accusations of sexual impropriety I should believe or throw out.

And with all the sexual assault-harassment junk going on now, I suppose I should be believing most of the stories about Bill.

That's a shame, because he's the last President to run a Budget Surplus, and that's something I think is very important for us to do. No, the President doesn't get 100% of the credit for the economy, but he gets some. Interestingly enough, the GOP was supposed to be the budgetary-hawks party, but Trump seems to favor immediate gratification (to boost his current situation) and is not worried about the future (why should he, he's a rich narcissist - he's got his, so screw everyone else). Thus, the Deficit is looking to balloon even more than what was projected.

Oh, wait, unless you believe the current policies will generate something more in the future, as reasoned by "dynamic scoring", or what Reagan referred to as "Supply Side Economics" (which Bush Sr. called "Voodoo Economics").

I dunno, I'd rather go "static scoring" and have a bunch of cash reserves in the bank first, THEN use "dynamic scoring" to pump the economy. As it is now, we are screwed as a nation if the current risky policies don't pan out.

But I digress....
concordtom
bearmanpg said:

Come on CT....as far as the Franken photo is concerned you must need a course in anatomy....
I was referring to the second accusation.

The story behind the first photo is that it was apparently intended between he and the camera-man as a spoof to her. Clearly, not cool. A joke in poor taste. But I would not boot him from office for that.

As far as trying to rehearse the kiss.... I also would not boot him from office from that. He may have really given it to her, but by her own admission, she agreed to do the kiss. Again, classless move by him. And not worth kicking a senator out of office for.

The second accusation was that he squeezed a butt during a photo shoot? Or cupped it?
Come on, man. In the league of crimes, these are pretty petty.

I'm very much on the side, if you've been reading, of women's equality/rights/etc here. But some of this mild stuff gets lumped in with much more severe stuff. We don't even know what we are talking about half the time. Someone needs to come up with a linear scale of the types of violations. On the left hand would be:

Boogie man jumps out of the bushes, beats and rapes.
To the right of that is date rape where both parties are drunk.
The the right of that is (physically forcible) date rape where victim is not drunk, but she's saying NO just the same.
You can put those right close to each other if you like!

The above is called "Sexual Assault".
The below is called "Sexual Harassment", if I'm beginning to understand it.

To the right of that is the boss who uses employment/pay/promotion/etc in exchange for sex. At least in this case, she has an opportunity to back away.

Further right, grabbing, jokes, kissing, attempts to "pick-up" someone. These should have their own scale of seriousness. Some of the stuff being talked about is very mild on this entire spectrum.

Certainly, some of this stuff goes straight to immediate expulsion and jail.
Other stuff goes to the HR office with a "knock it off" lecture.

People need education, and re-education, on the cultural aspect.

Okay, Game On - Beat Chaminade!!!
cubzwin
Neither Trump nor LaVar Ball has reached bottom yet. Why are any of your surprised to find out that there is no bottom for either of these two. Someone said they were two turds fighting there way to the bottom of the toilet bowl. But there is a hole at the bottom that leads to an infinite sewer and no matter what you think about this President he is smart enough to know most voters think that shop lifting is wrong, that teenagers make stupid decisions and that a responsible parent would not say that a crime that could land their son 10 years in a Chinese prison is "no big deal". The mother of Wendell Brown, an ex-Ball State linebacker who is a Chinese prison after a bar fight stated about Lavar Ball:
"My reaction is, this man must seek attention," Antoinette Brown told Bill Tucker and Nan Hayworth on Tuesday on Newsmax TV's "Newsmax Now." "He can't say our president did not play a role in helping those young men get released after clearly committing a crime in China.

"Just being thankful that the president did step up for them and release them because things could be a lot worse. They could be going through what I'm going through with my son being clearly innocent and still detained. It's just sad."
bonsallbear
You liberal crybabies are very entertaining. Keep it up!! The sky is falling!
wifeisafurd
concordtom said:

wifeisafurd said:

concordtom said:

Who is Kristian Gillibrand?

I will admit, I felt that all the accusations vs Clinton when he was initially running for Pres was a bunch of BS. I was a young adult and did not think that grown men would conduct themselves in that way. Now I am older know that I was very naive, and so many of those who accomplish great things do so b/c they don't have the same inner voice of caution and others. (Also, folks are plain ole' fallible.)

Since the time that Clinton essentially admitted that he had been lying ("I did not have sexual relations with that woman") with his strained responses during that deposition ("It depends on what the definition of 'is' is"), I have not known which of the Slick Willy accusations of sexual impropriety I should believe or throw out.

And with all the sexual assault-harassment junk going on now, I suppose I should be believing most of the stories about Bill.

That's a shame, because he's the last President to run a Budget Surplus, and that's something I think is very important for us to do. No, the President doesn't get 100% of the credit for the economy, but he gets some. Interestingly enough, the GOP was supposed to be the budgetary-hawks party, but Trump seems to favor immediate gratification (to boost his current situation) and is not worried about the future (why should he, he's a rich narcissist - he's got his, so screw everyone else). Thus, the Deficit is looking to balloon even more than what was projected.

Oh, wait, unless you believe the current policies will generate something more in the future, as reasoned by "dynamic scoring", or what Reagan referred to as "Supply Side Economics" (which Bush Sr. called "Voodoo Economics").

I dunno, I'd rather go "static scoring" and have a bunch of cash reserves in the bank first, THEN use "dynamic scoring" to pump the economy. As it is now, we are screwed as a nation if the current risky policies don't pan out.

But I digress....
New York Senator who recently said Clinton should have have resigned for his sexual harassment conduct.

BTW, today body count was about another 2 women claiming they got assaulted by Franken and a GOP congressman who sent nude pictures of himself to women (his defense was he was single at the time).

petalumabear
Politics is always a fail on the boards.
stu
petalumabear said:

Politics is always a fail on the boards.
IMHO politics has been a fail far beyond the boards.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.