Cal Gets Back On Track With 83-63 Rout of CSUN

bross
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bross
Staff
Now updated with quotes from Wyking Jones, Darius McNeill, and Juhwan Harris-Dyson.
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/benrosssports
HoopDreams
I like this quote a lot better than the Maui ones because he takes some responsibility for the losses

of course, it's easier to have a good quote after a win ...

"We weren't doing a great job making the right reads (in the press)," Jones said. "And I was exhausting my guys. Once the ball got past my guards, now they're trying to sprint back. Don and Darius were a lot more aggressive tonight, and as a result, we were able to be more effective on the defensive and offensive end. I had to look in the mirror and say, I'm a press guy, but sometimes you've got to go with a different strategy."

concordtom
Excellent article, Ben.
And excellent way to end it!

"That honor belongs to Stanford."

LOL!
bross
Staff
Gotta enjoy the little victories
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/benrosssports
59bear
Well, it wasn't a power opponent but the Bears did look more like a D1 team in this one. I like the smaller lineup, was glad us mixing up defenses, didn't miss the press and was pleased to see Coleman play more under control. Harris-Dyson seems to be coming along as he gets healthier. They obviously had some fun, which is never a bad thing.
Rxrg09b
bross said:

Now updated with quotes from Wyking Jones, Darius McNeill, and Juhwan Harris-Dyson.

With Stanford's win last night Cal is back in last place. Bummer, but only one way to go from here!
MoragaBear
Staff
Rxrg09b said:

bross said:

With Stanford's win last night Cal is back in last place. Bummer, but only one way to go from here!
Eh, Stanford's 1 game under .500, just like Cal, with losses to Portland State and Eastern Washington.
HoopDreams
MoragaBear said:

Rxrg09b said:

bross said:

Eh, Stanford's 1 game under .500, just like Cal, with losses to Portland State and Eastern Washington.
we play portland state too
won't be an easy game

however how stanford loss to them with their veteran team, including their two very good front court players is beyond me

must be poor coaching
UrsaMajor
HoopDreams said:

MoragaBear said:

Rxrg09b said:

bross said:

we play portland state too
won't be an easy game

however how stanford loss to them with their veteran team, including their two very good front court players is beyond me

must be poor coaching
Nah. It's only poor coaching when it's Cal. If it's someone else, it's bad luck.
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.