all-americans predict where Jordan Brown will go

48,303 Views | 230 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TheSouseFamily
MinotStateBeav
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Since its rivals I won't link it..but most believe Jordan Brown is Cal...1 believes Ucla, 1 St Johns, 1 Stanford.
SFCALBear72
1 said Oregon because he was going there.
parentswerebears
That is pretty much how the pundits have it...
EricBear
Staff
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/mcdonald-s-aa-game-prospects-predict-peers-college-decisions
KoreAmBear
Very promising the kids know best.
NYCGOBEARS
EricBear said:

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/mcdonald-s-aa-game-prospects-predict-peers-college-decisions

Don't we have a pipeline to Wheeler HS? EJ Montgomery to Cal!!!
Big C
I'd love to get my hopes up, but I don't dare.

Adding Jordan Brown would be HUGE and it'd be great for him and his family!
concordtom
Maybe he's waiting to see if we can land a grad transfer or other big.

We'll be more attractive with additional big guys to help him out. If not, I can't see him coming here. How could he possibly be setup for basketball success without help?
parentswerebears
There is transfer big coming... Just don't know who.
HoopDreams
parentswerebears said:

There is transfer big coming... Just don't know who.
are you saying that because you have some inside info?
parentswerebears
Nope. Moraga said it.
Gkhoury2325
Big C
concordtom said:

We'll be more attractive with additional big guys to help him out. If not, I can't see him coming here. How could he possibly be setup for basketball success without help?
He'd be set up for success because HE'D BE THE MAN on the inside: Every minute he could play would be his, every rebound, blocked shot, post-up... He'd be a stat sheet stuffer!
Big C
parentswerebears said:

Nope. Moraga said it.
Did Moraga say that on the premium board, or here? He may have hinted at it here, or said it was a possibility, but that's all I recall.

Hope it's true though!
parentswerebears
I thought he said it here, otherwise I wouldn't have said anything. If not, oops. I'll be more careful next time.
Big C
parentswerebears said:

I thought he said it here, otherwise I wouldn't have said anything. If not, oops. I'll be more careful next time.
No, do continue to share! Let's not lose sight of the important thing: That we get a couple of more interior players!

(and more shooters, too)
Chapman_is_Gone
parentswerebears said:

Pathetic. Listen to yourself.
parentswerebears
What? I've been a premium subscriber for a month. I don't know if there is info that's supposed to stay on the insider board. I don't really like violating rules or policies in any part of my life. If that makes me pathetic- I'll take that badge and gladly wear it. Happy Easter.
oskidunker
It was in the Premium board. There is always a big man stiffbyou can get so the news really doesn't mean anything until we see him play at pac 12 level.lets see who starts in the fall. Doubt we get a Daryl Dawkins
petalumabear
Parents gets the first Time Out from the new group of insiders for sharing Insider info on the public board...
TheSouseFamily
I could be wrong but I not think anyone suggested that we had a big guy on board. Just that we'd be pursuing grad transfers (and others) and that we likely have a target list and some connections to guys on such a list, but nothing beyond that.
joe amos yaks
Mistakes were made . . . I don't recall . . . blphfthizz...z!
"Those who say don't know, and those who know don't say." - LT
oskidunker
I know nothing, nothing! No torture devised by Ryan Gorcey will loosen my lips.
Richard__Lee
Well, I for one appreciated the loose lips.

"That's what she said!"

petalumabear said:

Parents gets the first Time Out from the new group of insiders for sharing Insider info on the public board...
You can’t spell NCAA without N-C-A-A.
concordtom
Richard__Lee said:

"That's what she said!"

petalumabear said:

I wonder if others feel about my off-color jokes the way I felt when I read yours.
If so, I should stop telling them.
concordtom
TheSouseFamily said:

I could be wrong but I not think anyone suggested that we had a big guy on board. Just that we'd be pursuing grad transfers (and others) and that we likely have a target list and some connections to guys on such a list, but nothing beyond that.
I am not a premium subscriber, and I can't believe that there is any real "NEWS" released there. I think it's just interviews and perspective.
Seriously, can ANYONE tell me ANYTHING that was released there before it was released everywhere else? What true "insider" news has been released there?

I'm sure that if you cited examples from more than 12 months ago, you won't get in trouble. Consider it your marketing for them. Word of mouth recommendation. Spill the beans.
concordtom
Big C said:

concordtom said:

He'd be set up for success because HE'D BE THE MAN on the inside: Every minute he could play would be his, every rebound, blocked shot, post-up... He'd be a stat sheet stuffer!
Yes, absolutely he BE THE MAN.
As such, he'd be double teamed and double boxed out every time.
Not a recipe for success.
Big C
concordtom said:

Big C said:

concordtom said:

Dude, shhhhhhh! Whose side are you on?!?
KoreAmBear
Big C said:

concordtom said:

Big C said:

concordtom said:

Dude, shhhhhhh! Whose side are you on?!?
There would be much more help. More adept scorers and shooters. McNeil and Sueing will also get more open looks. This will be a different team.
PtownBear1
concordtom said:

TheSouseFamily said:

I am not a premium subscriber, and I can't believe that there is any real "NEWS" released there. I think it's just interviews and perspective.
Seriously, can ANYONE tell me ANYTHING that was released there before it was released everywhere else? What true "insider" news has been released there?

I'm sure that if you cited examples from more than 12 months ago, you won't get in trouble. Consider it your marketing for them. Word of mouth recommendation. Spill the beans.
Those of us with insider access already know whether Brown is coming, who the AD will be, who the starting QB will be, and who shot JFK.
MilleniaBear
I'm not an insider nor did I stay at Holiday Inn but...could Chase Jeters get released by UofA and fill the big spot at Cal? Has the cloud over UofA reached a point where a transfer like him can go where he wants? Or has he attended classes at UofA (don't laugh) and thus is not a candidate to play elsewhere?
TheSouseFamily
MilleniaBear said:

I'm not an insider nor did I stay at Holiday Inn but...could Chase Jeters get released by UofA and fill the big spot at Cal? Has the cloud over UofA reached a point where a transfer like him can go where he wants? Or has he attended classes at UofA (don't laugh) and thus is not a candidate to play elsewhere?

Not only is Chase Jeter already an official and enrolled Wildcat, he participated in cutting down the nets when they won the PAC-12 tournament. With all the recent decommits and departures, he's a big part of their roster next year. Fortunately, he's not a huge game-changer. More of a complimentary piece.

https://instagr.am/p/BgHvKEHA58S
Richard__Lee
concordtom said:

Richard__Lee said:

"That's what she said!"

petalumabear said:

I wonder if others feel about my off-color jokes the way I felt when I read yours.
If so, I should stop telling them.

If that's the best you've got, I'm not impressed.
You can’t spell NCAA without N-C-A-A.
concordtom
North Carolina reportedly contacted 2018 power forward Jordan Brown

North Carolina's pursuit of its last target in the Class of 2018, 5-star power forward E.J. Montgomery, has been well-documented.
But Montgomery may not end up being the last target on the Tar Heels' board after all. North Carolina has reached out to 5-star power forward Jordan Brown, according to a report from ZagsBlog's Adam Zagoria. This comes after Brown told FloHoops at the McDonald's All-American Game that he was opening things up and that Arizona and Stanford had gotten back in the mix. Louisville, with new coach Chris Mack, also has reached out, according to Zagoria.

The window to recruit Brown may be tight. Brown's father told Zagoria that his son would like to make a decision sometime this month or in May. Brown also only has one official visit left after using his other four on Cal, Louisiana-Lafayette, St. John's and UCLA. UCLA has fallen out of the mix, according to Brown's interview with FloHoops.
North Carolina hasn't officially put itself in the ring for Brown with an offer, although neither has Stanford or Louisville.
Brown is the No. 4 power forward and No. 16 overall prospect in the Class of 2018. Brown is one of just four top 20 unsigned prospects, not counting NBA-bound Anfernee Simons.

concordtom
Although North Carolina is late to the party with Napa, California 5-star power forward Jordan Brown, the Tar Heels are trying to make up ground quickly. The Tar Heels are looking for more help in the post by reaching out in the last week to multiple targets, including Brown, as well as former Kentucky power forward Sacha Killeya-Jones, a primary UNC target in the 2016 class. While Killeya-Jones would have to sit out the 2018-19 season if he transferred to UNC, the 6-10 Brown could challenge for a starting job right away as a freshman next season with the Tar Heels.

UNC's Roy Williams

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.