Official Grant Anticevich aka The Aussie Fan Club Thread

4,163 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Bear8995
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
vs SDSU: 26 min. 6 boards; 13 pts

The first 500 members eligible to purchase an autographed Breaker Morant movie poster for $9.95.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
cal83dls79
bearister said:

The first 500 members eligible to purchase an autographed Breaker Morant movie poster for $9.95.

who autographed it?
Priest of the Patty Hearst Shrine
bearister
cal83dls79 said:

bearister said:

who autographed it?

Mimi Rogers signed it: "To Bryan Brown, my favorite co star. Nice large hands. with love"
KenBurnski
Such a likeable kid and looking forward to seeing him play more. Really enjoyed his post game interviews. As a weird side note, the media prep for all our athletes seems really solid. The kids come off intelligent and respectful. It's great to see.
cal83dls79
Another Lee Israel fake.
Priest of the Patty Hearst Shrine
IssyBear
bearister said:

cal83dls79 said:

bearister said:

who autographed it?

Mimi Rogers signed it: "To Bryan Brown, my favorite co star, with love"
She autographed 500 copies? Hope her hand is okay.
59bear
bearister said:

When I saw him last year in Maui, I thought he looked like a find. Then, he faded away into the background and was gathering splinters by season's end. Maybe he learned something watching. Hope this is the start of something good.
Yogi58
cal83dls79 said:

Another Lee Israel fake.
Awesome response
SFCityBear
59bear said:

bearister said:

When I saw him last year in Maui, I thought he looked like a find. Then, he faded away into the background and was gathering splinters by season's end. Maybe he learned something watching. Hope this is the start of something good.
The whole team kind of faded away after Maui.

I have been pleading with the roundball gods to give Anticevich much more playing time. To heck with matchups. Just let him play more.
SFCityBear
HoopDreams

Big C
Anticevich is supposed to suck on defense, but he didn't look half bad. At least he was competing. The most impressive thing was the four offensive boards.

This one earned him a spot in the rotation for at least a few more games. Can't wait to see how it works. This must've been a real confidence-builder for him!
KoreAmBear
I've got my shrimp on the barbie!

KoreAmBear
Big C said:

Anticevich is supposed to suck on defense, but he didn't look half bad. At least he was competing. The most impressive thing was the four offensive boards.

This one earned him a spot in the rotation for at least a few more games. Can't wait to see how it works. This must've been a real confidence-builder for him!
Grant was moving his feet, was a wall, and no one blew by him despite SDSU being way more athletic. Not sure how he was buried on the bench when we need a guy like that desperately. With him we finally had a viable presence in the middle of the paint in our half court offense. Our half court sets had been a succession of perimeter passes then one guy taking on 3 guys with 5 seconds left on the clock.
oskidunker
Misevaluation of talent. .
Go Bears!
HoopDreams
Grant had a great game, and he needs to play more

He also seems to play fundamentally sound defense

But let's not get too carried away. He isn't a strong nor big defender in general, and if I'm the SDSU coach I'd be furious for my players not blocking him out on those two tip ins.

I really like his mid range game and think that's where he will be most effective, and hopefully he can provide some rebounds

Next several games will be telling as we will finally see him in enough different situations to better evaluate his game

KoreAmBear said:

Big C said:

Grant was moving his feet, was a wall, and no one blew by him despite SDSU being way more athletic. Not sure how he was buried on the bench when we need a guy like that desperately. With him we finally had a viable presence in the middle of the paint in our half court offense. Our half court sets had been a succession of perimeter passes then one guy taking on 3 guys with 5 seconds left on the clock.
HoopDreams
bearister said:

one of the best movies I've seen
stu
HoopDreams said:

one of the best movies I've seen
Have you seen Rabbit Proof Fence, also from Australia?
MilleniaBear
His play in general was markedly different from the rest of Cal's team. The rest of the team seem a bit robot like on offense in the first 20 seconds of the shot clock and then devolve into hero ball for the last 10 seconds. Grant treats each pass/motion/pick with more purpose. And once the shot is airborne he reacts by competing for the ball - where as the rest of the Cal teams beats feet back to the other end of the court. Maybe characterize it as earlier aggression versus the rest of the Cal's team. But its controlled - not like whats his face from last year.
bearister
Thread resurrection merited!

* Beaver's father in center of 2nd row. No offense intended, MamaBear
bearister
We need to bump all the fan club threads.
calbearinamaze
bearister
We need to imbed this honor in his Official Fan Club records:

Cal Basketball: Grant Anticevich Named Pac-12 Player Of The Week | Bear Insider

https://bearinsider.com/s/2966/grant-anticevich-named-pac-12-player-of-the-week
HoopDreams
bearister said:

We need to imbed this honor in his Official Fan Club records:

Cal Basketball: Grant Anticevich Named Pac-12 Player Of The Week | Bear Insider

https://bearinsider.com/s/2966/grant-anticevich-named-pac-12-player-of-the-week
Bear8995
I've been tough on Grant so let me also praise him. 15 boards against Dartmouth and then 7 threes (25 points and 11 boards) against Pacific. Well done! Great to see his stroke back in the last game and hope it carries over to conference play. And good on him to hustle for 15 boards when he wasn't shooting well against Dartmouth. He didn't let one part of the game affect his ability to play hard on the other end of the floor.

I believe we will go as he goes. We know what we get with Kelly. Shepherd shoots a bit too much for my liking but we do need him to shoot. When Grant is on offensively, we can be very good. When he is off offensively, we will struggle.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.