OT - Kristine Anigwe

2,521 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Big C
stu
How long do you want to ignore this user?
In her last regular-season game at WSU Kristine scored 32 points and pulled down 30 rebounds. The latter broke the Cal single-game record, men or women, and was therefore the first 30/30 performance in Cal history!
LOUMFSG2
I was just checking out the box score and saw this - Outstanding! What an amazing performance - hopefully the Bears can keep this going into the post-season
graguna
Kristine is averaging 16+ rebounds per game. second place is pac 12 is 9.8
stu
Actually Kristine is now in the 30-30-30 club as today's performance was her 30th consecutive double-double.
TheSouseFamily
Front page headline on espn. Not too shabby.
Big C
30 boards is A LOT in a college game. Is it a school record? Courtney Paris? What is the men's school record? NCAA record?
HoopDreams
Big C said:

30 boards is A LOT in a college game. Is it a school record? Courtney Paris? What is the men's school record? NCAA record?
30 rebounds is a school record. it is tied for the Pac12 record.

I doubt it is a NCAA record.

however in the final two minutes she got the 31st rebound, but it was a tie up. KA wrestled the ball away from the other player, but the ref had already blew the whistle.

I was thinking the ref shouldn't have had such a fast whistle, and then KA would have held the Pac12 record completely herself

amazing talent
OdontoBear66
stu said:

In her last regular-season game at WSU Kristine scored 32 points and pulled down 30 rebounds. The latter broke the Cal single-game record, men or women, and was therefore the first 30/30 performance in Cal history!
Off the charts, Wow....What a talent.
calbear80
KA is simply amazing.

I used to call her Ms. 20/20.

Well, no more. It is now:

Ms. 30/30.

Go Bears!
wvitbear
As being a season ticket holder in both men's and women's bball, this was an amazing stat. The Pac 12 WBall might be the best conference in the country. So she was going against big time talent every night. She averaged 22 rebounds a game against Stanford. Always a good rebounder, she took it to another level this year. Led the Pac 12 in rebounding by 6 rebounds a game.
75bear
Congrats Kristine - what an amazing accomplishment!
wvitbear
And one of the basketball magazines said she was the best ball talent in the history of Cal basketball, men's or women's.

Here is another astounding stat. Last year she averaged 8.8 rebounds a game. This year she is at 16.4 which means she almost doubled it.
stu
wvitbear said:

And one of the basketball magazines said she was the best ball talent in the history of Cal basketball, men's or women's.
I wouldn't place her above Jason Kidd, nor below. It's hard to compare a post to a point.
wvitbear
And we are taking about college impact. Not pro impact or high school. Saw Jason a lot in high school and he was the most impactful player I have seen at that level. But we sort of underachieved his sophomore year losing to Wisconsin-Green Bay.
calbear80
Here is one more reason that KA is amazing.

EVERY team that we play against has the primary game plan of stopping KA. She is almost always double teamed, sometimes triple teamed and, yes, at times four defenders are hanging all over her. Despite all of that she just had her 30th consecutive double double (PAC-12 record) and averages in high teens both in points and rebounds.

Go KA (Ms. 3/30), Go Cal!

P.S. I cannot stop thinking about if we had gotten SI (from bearby East Bay), we would a favorite to make the Final Four again.
calbear80
Today's amazing stat:

Rebounds:
. KA: 30 rebounds.
. WSU (the whole team combined): 22 rebounds.

Go KA, Go Cal!
HoopDreams
wvitbear said:

And we are taking about college impact. Not pro impact or high school. Saw Jason a lot in high school and he was the most impactful player I have seen at that level. But we sort of underachieved his sophomore year losing to Wisconsin-Green Bay.

You had to bring that up huh?
I keep trying to block that game from my mind
ColoradoBear
wvitbear said:

come on and use some common sense here.

jason kidd was the man. people lined up around the block to see his first practice @ Cal. cover of sports illustrated. demand for tickets pushed games to the oakland coliseum and led to the expansion of harmon.

also, if you want to know a team for underachieving with a star player... T6 in the conf is not lighting it up.

Not trying to say 30/30 is anything but spectacular.
bearister
Her 30 boards made me think of this:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Basketball_Association_single-game_rebounding_leaders
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
stu
bearister said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Basketball_Association_single-game_rebounding_leaders
Interesting that the biggest rebounding games are far in the past - I suppose shooters have been getting better. After 1996 only Kevin Love (31) has exceeded Kristine's total and only Andrew Bynum and Dwight Howard (30) have matched it. And that's in 48 minutes with a 24-second shot clock, which should result in about 50% more shots.
TheSouseFamily
stu said:

bearister said:

Interesting that the biggest rebounding games are far in the past - I suppose shooters have been getting better. After 1996 only Kevin Love (31) has exceeded Kristine's total and only Andrew Bynum and Dwight Howard (30) have matched it. And that's in 48 minutes with a 24-second shot clock, which should result in about 50% more shots.

Shot clock is definitely a factor. So too is the introduction of the 3 point line which gives carems a much wider and longer spray.
Big C
bearister said:

Wow! Of the top 50 (actually 50+) single-game NBA rebounding totals, 46 of them are by either Wilt Chamberlain or Bill Russell.

Reminds me of a story Jim Barnett was telling on the radio several years back: One of the Warriors (the old Warriors, the crappy ones) grabbed his 20th rebound of the game, early in the 4th quarter. Some of his team mates asked Barnett -- doing radio from across the court -- what the NBA record was. He held up both hands with all finger extended, like the way a ref signals who a foul is on ("fifty-five"). The players were like, "What? It's got to be more than ten, because _____ already has twenty!" Barnett yells across, "No, FIFTY-FIVE... Wilt Chamberlain." The players were like, "Oh. Never mind."
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.