Ducks 73 Sean Miller 46

2,043 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by calbearinamaze
calbearinamaze
How long do you want to ignore this user?
UDUB 62 Stanfurd 61 in a game with 33 turnovers.

So, who really is capable of winning a first round game in the NCAA Tournament.

I guess UDUB.............but..........
If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band
The Bounce
Watched the UW/Stan game...geesh..we got to get ready for 2 man inside game with Da Silva and Sharma on Thurs. 20 plus nba scouts in attendance for talent on both teams and Opkala tanks..scores 6 pts and is a non factor.
Go Bears.
The Bounce
BEARUPINDC said:

Looks like we're going to have to go through a Utah/UCLA route in our first two games but that changes regularly. Much rather play UCLA first. Krystowiak is superb coach who's maximizing the use of his decent personnel. UCLA has gobs of talent but they don't seemed to stay focused under Alford or Bartow. Go Bears.
calbearinamaze
805bear said:

Watched the UW/Stan game...geesh..we got to get ready for 2 man inside game with Da Silva and Sharma on Thurs. 20 plus nba scouts in attendance for talent on both teams and Opkala tanks..scores 6 pts and is a non factor.
Go Bears.
We match up with Stanfurd extremely badly.
ducky23
We don't match up with ucla's big dude that well either
calbearinamaze
ducky23 said:

Agreed, but he's a freshman who can get in foul trouble. I guess it's too much to hope that he's
a one-and-one. One mock draft has him late first. Maybe...a two-and-done?????

Furd has 3 guys 6'9"+ who can play a bit.
HoopDreams
Gotta agree with you

Also not good to play Stanford back to back

If we play UCLA we need to handle their ball swatter

805bear said:

BEARUPINDC said:

Looks like we're going to have to go through a Utah/UCLA route in our first two games but that changes regularly. Much rather play UCLA first. Krystowiak is superb coach who's maximizing the use of his decent personnel. UCLA has gobs of talent but they don't seemed to stay focused under Alford or Bartow. Go Bears.
Civil Bear
ducky23 said:

?

M M-A 3's FT REB TO B S PTS
29 5-10 0-1 2-4 6 0 2 1 12
34 1-2 0-0 2-9 11 2 3 1 4

Which one was Brown and which one was Vanover?
Cal8285
Civil Bear said:

ducky23 said:

?

Brown has to be the worst free throw shooter I have ever seen. Makes Shaq's form look graceful. I have no idea how he is 35.6% on the season. For that matter, I don't know how he made 2 of his last 4 at Haas after missing his first 5. If you are actually going to stop him from making a bucket he'd otherwise get, fouling him is excellent defense (unless the defender is in too much foul trouble). When UCLA is in the bonus, hack-a-Moses is also good defense if done in proper NCAA manner.

His FT shooting has to be better than it looks, because it sure doesn't look like he can shoot 35.6%. Yeah, he was only 22% against Cal, so maybe I saw him at his worst. Ha. The guy really ought to give Rick Barry a call and get some lessons in shooting underhanded.
The Bounce
Cal8285 said:

Civil Bear said:

ducky23 said:

?

Brown has to be the worst free throw shooter I have ever seen. Makes Shaq's form look graceful. I have no idea how he is 35.6% on the season. For that matter, I don't know how he made 2 of his last 4 at Haas after missing his first 5. If you are actually going to stop him from making a bucket he'd otherwise get, fouling him is excellent defense (unless the defender is in too much foul trouble). When UCLA is in the bonus, hack-a-Moses is also good defense if done in proper NCAA manner.

His FT shooting has to be better than it looks, because it sure doesn't look like he can shoot 35.6%. Yeah, he was only 22% against Cal, so maybe I saw him at his worst. Ha. The guy really ought to give Rick Barry a call and get some lessons in shooting underhanded.

Merit in hack a moses theory...should be initiated as soon as we enter penalty shooting phase if needed....back up players especially Roman would be effective in H-A-Moses. Jacobi if healthy and Kelley. Keep starters from foul accumulation.
Letz get to Stanford....agreed horrible match up and Hoop Dreams had a potential scary thought of having to play them twice ( Thu/P12 Tour?).
Okpala coming off bad Udub game will get his points and their guards will do damage. We should focus on not letting DaSilva receive the ball uncovered in the high post or anywhere in the paint. He dishes smoothly and regularly to Sharma at the rim or kicks it out quickly to perimeter shooters. We have to start checking players as they move through the zone...just step in their way to impede progress or give them a little tap. Grant catch turn and shoot immediately in the high post. Paris continue with 10 dimes a game. Get Bradley scoring early and keep Connor out of foul trouble with Sharma. Justice embrace quality shot/drive selection . Come into tournament physically rested and mentally sound..Just some amateur spectator thoughts.
Go Bears.
calbearinamaze
I was looking at his fouls.....not his FT missing.

OMG, he's horrible. One of the first things I usually look at the last 5 games or so.
That is....look for improvment.

11 for 32 for 34.4% and that includes randomly going 4 for 5 against OSU.

It would take a few minutes,but a good working hyphotheses is that
his attempts have increased as the season has gone on. I'll do it later....or someone
can do it.

=>have Roman and/or Jacobi foul him when he's is sitting on the bench.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.