Who Else is Going to the Pac 12 Tournament?

2,997 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by KenBurnski
SonomanA1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It has been a tough season for our team, but I will be there to cheer them on in Vegas. Who else is going?

Go Bears!
bearister
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
oskidunker
Wyking?
Go Bears!
PtownBear1
oskidunker said:

Wyking?
If we get blown out at Maples may be not.
oskidunker
Hahahaha. Wish it were so! I am at the point not caring if he is replaced or not. I can save $1000 if he is kept and may look at stopping donating and doing end zone seats in the senior section for 2020. Already donated for this year and renewed football seats but may not continue paying outrageous prices to watch night games in memorial.
Go Bears!
SonomanA1
I was hoping to hear from other fans going to Vegas. I have gone to the tournament since it started in Vegas and have always enjoyed myself. I also like going to the Cal Athletics pregame reception with other Cal fans and people from the athletics dept. including the athletic director. I remember talking to Mrs. Cuonzo Martin there 2 years ago, and she said that they were happy at Cal and not leaving. So much for "happy wife, happy life."
GRRAAH
Not going to Vegas, but will be in Palo Alto for work Thursday and thinking about going. Anyone else interested in joining?

Go Bears!
TheNastybear
Annual trip for me!
dmoy
I'll be there as well. and plan on being at the reception before the game on Wednesday. it's an annual buddies trip now...the basketball games themselves are a good (cheap and mellow) distraction from everything else Vegas has to offer.
EricBear
Staff
SonomanA1 said:

I was hoping to hear from other fans going to Vegas. I have gone to the tournament since it started in Vegas and have always enjoyed myself. I also like going to the Cal Athletics pregame reception with other Cal fans and people from the athletics dept. including the athletic director. I remember talking to Mrs. Cuonzo Martin there 2 years ago, and she said that they were happy at Cal and not leaving. So much for "happy wife, happy life."

Concur with this. It's a terrific event. I will be there. Third straight year.
calgo430
i will be in vegas to watch some hoops.
HoopDreams
I would go to LV rain or shine ever year if I could, but just not the right time of the year for my schedule

Props to those going and supporting the team
wifeisafurd
Vegas to see the miracle happen.
concordtom
I saw the title and said, "this is an annual post, must be Sonoman!"
Yep!
Have a good time!
RedlessWardrobe
Not going this year, no not because of the team. For me the tournament lost a bit of its charm when they moved it from MGM to t-mobile. I had more fun staying at MGM and walking "down the hall to the basement" to watch the games.

T-Mobile is a nicer venue but its extra capacity of 5000 or so took away from the intimacy, also the slightly extended walk to get there. Anyone else feel the same?
Basketball Bear
Hummm,

I am on the fence this year. I am thinking probably not if they lose to $tanfurd on Thursday. If they win I may fly out of Orange County on Wednesday morning, spend the night and take a bus back to the OC after the Thursday game (if they win the first). Of course that could change if they win their first two games...might as well stay till Friday and take the late Greyhound bus back.

Hoping for a nice run. Lets hope our kids love that winning feeling and keep it going.
Go Bears 88'
KenBurnski
I took the Greyhound once from LA to Phoenix. 5 minutes after departing LA the gentleman seated behind me asked if I'd be interested to see his gunshot wound(s) scars. 10 minutes after that somebody used the toilet and the afterimage of their experience fouled the stale bus air for the remaining 7 hours. I can't wait to do it again. Godspeed, BB.
bearister

BI road trip.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
concordtom
Governor should take that money for the bullet train from LA-SF (I mean, Bakersfield to Merced) and build a bullet from LA-Vegas.

Or just compete with Vegas and build a new one in Merced.
SonomanA1
I'm looking forward to our next game in Vegas. Let's extend our streak!

Go Bears!
SonomanA1
concordtom said:

I saw the title and said, "this is an annual post, must be Sonoman!"
Yep!
Have a good time!
I will. Let's make Vegas Bear Territory!
Basketball Bear
KenBurnski said:

I took the Greyhound once from LA to Phoenix. 5 minutes after departing LA the gentleman seated behind me asked if I'd be interested to see his gunshot wound(s) scars. 10 minutes after that somebody used the toilet and the afterimage of their experience fouled the stale bus air for the remaining 7 hours. I can't wait to do it again. Godspeed, BB.
Ken, its been about 12 years since i took a Greyhound from Vegas with my kids, I remember lots of desperate people waiting at the terminal. I forgot about that, I was envisioning a plush bus with snacks, guess I could drive instead, only 4-41/2 hours from the OC. I hope i can avoid a BI road trip as per barrister. LOL

Last nights win sealed the deal for me.

Go Bears!
KenBurnski
You are an excellent Bear. If the drive is feasible I'd highly encourage that path over the GHound. You'll get there quicker and with (hopefully) less exposure to scar tissue. I hope you have a great time. Go Bears!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.