UCI and Montana playing their best basketball now

2,452 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bearister
KoreAmBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sign of good coaches?

Montana has won 12 of its last 13 and is 22-7.

Irvine has won 11 straight and is 25-5.

Both from the Monty tree.
PtownBear1
I'm guessing they're both on win streaks given their conference schedules are easier than their OOC.
calbear80
Which one should be our MBB coach come March 14?

Go Bears?
PtownBear1
Well UCI is ranked 81 in NET and Montana is 117. They're also 50 points higher than Montana in kenpom at 92.
Big C
Thanks for the info, socaltow... er... KoreAmBear!
OneTopOneChickenApple
KoreAmBear said:

Sign of good coaches?

Given the two, I'd take DeCuire.
KoreAmBear
OneTopOneChickenApple said:

KoreAmBear said:

Sign of good coaches?

Given the two, I'd take DeCuire.
I'd really be happy with either.
UrsaMajor
They're both from the Monty tree, so have good bloodlines when it comes to strategy. I don't feel I can have an opinion as to which is better, because the wild card is recruiting. Neither has had to recruit (as head coach) to a P6 team, so there's not a lot of data there.
helltopay1
ursa: ( aka owmf) ----how you can be down with the silly rantings of four year olds is beyond me, but "recruiting chops" is not a problem. The AD will simply ask Monty which of the two is the better recruiter along with the other 100 variables with which Monty is familiar. I have a hunch Monty will lean toward travis since travis was touted by Monty prior to stepping down. are we sure that either or both of these gentlemen would covet the gig??Everyone knows Cal is "different", and, not in a good way, so, let's not assume things we have no business assuming.
Big C
If Decuire retained David Grace (because he wanted to, not because he was ordered to), I think we'd be okay. Bottom line for him coming here: a) Did he like being at Cal and living in this area enough to leave his Alma Mater? and... b) Does he harbor any ill-feelings about being passed over before?
Civil Bear
Big C said:

If Decuire retained David Grace (because he wanted to, not because he was ordered to), I think we'd be okay. Bottom line for him coming here: a) Did he like being at Cal and living in this area enough to leave his Alma Mater? and... b) Does he harbor any ill-feelings about being passed over before?
B) would be an odd reason seeing as both bosses are now gone. I mean would you have an issue with coming back to a company for a big fat promotion after the two people that passed on you have been canned?
R90
Based on rosters:
Montana peaks this year. (Coach easier to entice this March.)
Irvine peaks next year. (Coach easier to entice next March.)
Cal peaks in two years. (Coach probably gets at least one more year to prove his process works, while the athletic department saves at least a million bucks, and waits for the most attractive time to bring in a new coach if Jones doesn't prove himself.)

It's all just entertainment, so find a way to enjoy it.
The refs are there to feed your hatred addiction and keep the games close.
Yogi58
KoreAmBear said:

Sign of good coaches?

But will either make the tournament. Neither guy has been very good at that.
Yogi58
helltopay1 said:

The AD will simply ask Monty which of the two is the better recruiter
In other news, the AD will also be asking Todd Bozeman about how to follow NCAA regulations and Sonny Dykes about how to identify good defensive coaches.
bearister
Yogi Bear said:

...In other news, the AD will also be asking Todd Bozeman about how to follow NCAA regulations and Sonny Dykes about how to identify good defensive coaches.

The Sonny Hall of Fame:

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.