Is Bearinsider asleep on the job-will this be the last day for a certain poster?

1,915 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bearister
NVBear78
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sorry CalBear80 but when Cal hires an Athletic Director as competent and proactive as Jim Knowlton I don't like seeing him drug through the mud of Bear Insider. I admire your passion and we may be from similar eras at Cal but I don't agree with this tack.

I have personally found the Athletic Director to be very engaged and responsive but believe that unless you are the Alum willing to fund the Buyout and New Coach your "say" in the situation is just one of many opinions....

Go Bears and I am hoping for a bright future for Cal Basketball with whatever actions needed to accomplish that...
helltopay1
dear CalBear 80: You are either serious or you are not. If you are serious, you are clearly a parody or caricature of a very mean person and/or someone whose knowledge of sports and $2.95 wouldn't get him a cup of coffee at Joes' Diner on Telegraph ave. If you are not serious, have the decency to say that so that many members of this site don't tear their hair out every time they read your repetitive post. i.e. saying something for the 7,987,874,983 time does not render it accurate or meaningful. or, maybe you didn't know that. If not, consider this a public service. BTW, whatever your therapist charges you, he or she is vastly underpaid.
Civil Bear
helltopay1 said:

dear CalBear 80: You are either serious or you are not. If you are serious, you are clearly a parody or caricature of a very mean person and/or someone whose knowledge of sports and $2.95 wouldn't get him a cup of coffee at Joes' Diner on Telegraph ave. If you are not serious, have the decency to say that so that many members of this site don't tear their hair out every time they read your repetitive post. i.e. saying something for the 7,987,874,983 time does not render it accurate or meaningful. or, maybe you didn't know that. If not, consider this a public service. BTW, whatever your therapist charges you, he or she is vastly underpaid.
Dear Hell: This is very perplexing. Why would you read CalBears80's 7,987,874,983 posts if they bother you to the point of tearing out your hair? And why would you think responding to nearly half of them would change anything?

Any well-paid therapists out there that want to take this on?
helltopay1
dear civil: I'm beginning to think you are very funny.
SFCityBear
Civil Bear said:

helltopay1 said:

Dear Hell: This is very perplexing. Why would you read CalBears80's 7,987,874,983 posts if they bother you to the point of tearing out your hair? And why would you think responding to nearly half of them would change anything?

Any well-paid therapists out there that want to take this on?
It would probably be better if the therapist was not a Cal fan.

Off topic, but did you hear about the time Wilt Chamberlain hired a therapist to help him with his free throws? Wilt said that after a few sessions, the therapist had become a better free throw shooter than he was.
SFCityBear
helltopay1
size matters: Wilt is a hall-of-famer and his FT % was 51%.
Yogi58
NVBear78 said:

will this be the last day for a certain poster?
You wish.

Nothing objectionable about calling out Jim Knowlton. He's proven himself to be woefully unprepared for the end of the season. Any groundwork that he needed to do to figure out what he was doing should have been done months ago when the problem was as apparent as the lack of clothes on the emperor.

I'm firmly convinced that he listens, but doesn't hear.
socaliganbear
Jim seems like a question mark to me. Sure, he's better liked than the last guy, but there's nothing tangible yet to look at. He hasn't hired a major sport coach, hasn't secured any major facility improvement, the softball project was in the works before he was hired. We're not killing it with fundraising. The raise for the FB staff wasn't particularly good.

He might be good, but not much to see yet.
helltopay1
dear skeptics: i've e-mailed JK three times, and, each time, he has sent me a thoughtful, lengthy e-mail in response. He has a lot of street cred with me. he has an impossible situation. I trust him and I will continue to trust him until I see much evidence to the contrary. Being the AD at Cal is probably more challenging than designing space ships.
bearister
helltopay1 said:

size matters: Wilt is a hall-of-famer and his FT % was 51%.

His most impressive stat was the work bench 20,000.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.