Magic Appoints Mike Williams And Jim Knowlton To Head The Lakers' Coaching Search

2,053 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by calbearinamaze
calbear80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lakers and Magic Johnson have appointed Mike Williams and Jim Knowlton to jointly head the search committee for finding the next Lakers' Head Coach according to an unconfirmed account. Williams' superlative work in hiring an excellent basketball coach two years ago and Knowlton's current decisive timely action in dealing with performance issues of that basketball coach are maybe the basis for this appointment. Same unconfirmed account points out that today we are exactly two weeks from April 1 which is a very relevant date to all of this post (Early April Fools Day in other words).

Go Bears!

helltopay1
Careful 80: you are in danger of blowing your street cred by trashing JK . JK has gotten excellent reviews from just about everyone so far ( including me) Once you lose your street cred, good luck in getting it back. So hard to earn----so easy to blow.
Eastern Oregon Bear
Calbear80 (aka MrOneNote) has street cred? Who knew?
My favorite school days… “There is no substitute.”
helltopay1
we are nothing if not generous.
calbearinamaze
calbear80 said:

Lakers and Magic Johnson have appointed Mike Williams and Jim Knowlton to jointly head the search committee for finding the next Lakers' Head Coach according to an unconfirmed account. Williams' superlative work in hiring an excellent basketball coach two years ago and Knowlton's current decisive timely action in dealing with performance issues of that basketball coach are maybe the basis for this appointment. Same unconfirmed account points out that today we are exactly two weeks from April 1 which is a very relevant date to all of this post (Early April Fools Day in other words).

Go Bears!

Sincere congratulations on the humor or, for some, attempted humor (which is not a crime) and for some
some others unwanted attempted humor (which, apparently, is a crime).

Also, major improvement in not even mentioning Wyking...let alone not referring to him as
"the guy Mike Williams hired.".As for "street cred"...you used .to have it back it the day as a
very knowledge CAL fan.

Full disclosure this is coming from someone who, under a different lablel, long ago
got into it with a troll from Kansas. Oblivous to the fact that other folks on the Board were
completely ignoring my posts because of high degree of dumbness, I pulled out every reference
from The Wizard of Oz I could think of.

Well, Charlie Moore may be in Kansas, but we're not.

We are striving to get back to "The Dance" some day.

If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band
MilleniaBear
I'm sure doxing is a no-no on BI but I can't help but wonder what drives CB80's one track agenda. Could he/she be one of the 2 players asked to leave the program under Jones? Or a family member? Could he be a coaching candidate who Williams did not select? Or maybe they are a recruit who didn't get an offer? Such single minded purpose is seldom seen without reason. Somebody should tell Wilcox to avoid pissing in CB80's cornflakes.
bearister
They think they are getting within a whisker of stealing away an assistant coach from the Washington Generals.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
oskidunker
Or he could be an extreme fan. Sf city gets more space here.
Go Bears!
calbearinamaze
bearister said:

They think they are getting within a whisker of stealing away an assistant coach from the Washington Generals.
Don't disrespect my city. Actually, I wouldn't recommend Scottie Brooks for the CAL job.
If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.