Charlie Moore Is Transferring .... Again!

12,663 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by HoopDreams
calbear80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Per ESPN, PG Charlie Moore (remember him?) is transferring ... again.

This time out of Kansas ... to be closer to home (read, wants star role and more playing time in a prominent program)!

I guess it took him two years to figure out his hometown of Chicago is not in Kansas! (remember, his excuse for transferring out of Cal was to be closer to home for family health reasons).

Have I seen this movie somewhere before?

Go Bears!
SFCityBear
calbear80 said:

This time out of Kansas ... to be closer to home (read, wants star role and more playing time in a prominent program)!

I guess it took him two years to figure out his hometown of Chicago is not in Kansas! (remember, his excuse for transferring out of Cal was to be closer to home for family health reasons).

Go Bears!
Wait a minute. I thought you had said a while back that Moore transferred because he did not want to play for Wyking Jones. Jones certainly would have given Charlie star status, and a starting role, plus all the minutes he could handle, because without Charlie, Wyking had no point guard. So are you admitting there might have been other reasons why Moore transferred from Cal, other than not wanting to play for Wyking Jones?
SFCityBear
Bobodeluxe
Wyking Jones is a vampire.
calbear80
SFCityBear said:

calbear80 said:

Go Bears!
Wait a minute. I thought you had said a while back that Moore transferred because he did not want to play for Wyking Jones. Jones certainly would have given Charlie star status, and a starting role, plus all the minutes he could handle, because without Charlie, Wyking had no point guard. So are you admitting there might have been other reasons why Moore transferred from Cal, other than not wanting to play for Wyking Jones?

Charlie Moore did not want to play for an obvious loser. He wanted to play for a coach who could help him develop and be the star in a winning program so that he would get national exposure. That is why he used the excuse of family health to transfer. It was purely an excuse because he went to Kansas (Lawrence, Kansas is a long way from Charlie's hometown of Chicago).

He is transferring out of Kansas now because he has been recruited over and does not get much playing time.

Go Bears!
TheSouseFamily
That's not what happened. Here's his exact quote when Wyking was hired:

"I'm ecstatic about the news. Coach Wyking is great with the players, knows his spots and gives us the confidence to go out there without looking over our shoulders."
calbear80
TheSouseFamily said:

"I'm ecstatic about the news. Coach Wyking is great with the players, knows his spots and gives us the confidence to go out there without looking over our shoulders."

And, within a few days, Moore transferred away from Jones. Actions speak louder than words. I wonder who in the AD's PR department wrote that quote for Charlie.

Go Bears!
TheSouseFamily
calbear80 said:

TheSouseFamily said:

And, within a few days, Moore transferred away from Jones. Actions speak louder than words. I wonder who in the AD's PR department wrote that quote for Charlie.

Go Bears!

By a few days, you mean three weeks? Look, guys transfer for a better (or different) opportunity all the time... or for other reasons. Happens constantly. No need to invent a fictional narrative here.
cal83dls79
A kid who blames all of his failures on the program or coach and all his succes he credits to himself. Good riddance and *** cares anymore. Turkey bound
Priest of the Patty Hearst Shrine
cal83dls79
SFCityBear said:

calbear80 said:

Go Bears!
nice piece of forensics here mr "peach baskets"! (No sarcasm)
concordtom
He must be having a hard time finding a home.
He will have only one year of eligibility if he lands at a D1 program.
Bear19
One thing that's clear: Getting a degree/education Moore can actually use is the last thing he's considering. This story is taking a sad turn.
TheSouseFamily
Probably a good spot for Charlie.

stu
TheSouseFamily said:

Probably a good spot for Charlie.
Good for him - that actually is close to home.
GBear4Life
The transfer to Kansas was odd -- both that CM would want to go there (playing time), and that KU would want want him (aren't KU walk-ons as good as CM?)
JimSox
Bear19 said:

One thing that's clear: Getting a degree/education Moore can actually use is the last thing he's considering. This story is taking a sad turn.

I thought DePaul was a pretty good school. No?
oskidunker
No Ray Myer anymore also no Joey Myer. Maybe he can stay in the portal in suspended animation like Scotty.
Go Bears!
calfanz
why didn't cuonzo throw him a bone?
stu
calfanz said:

Charlie may have had enough of Cuonzo.
joe amos yaks
Go Demons!
"Those who say don't know, and those who know don't say." - LT
oskidunker
Cal vs DePaul in the nit? Game st Haas as the fans boo Charlie Moore.
Go Bears!
calbearinamaze
oskidunker said:

No Ray Myer anymore also no Joey Myer. Maybe he can stay in the portal in suspended animation like Scotty.
+100

In 2294, Scott later experienced perhaps the longest recorded instance of a person remaining in transporter suspension. He was able to survive for a period of seventy-five years, while in transporter suspension, after the ship he was on, the USS Jenolan, crashed into a Dyson sphere and he was left with no way to call for help before he ran out of supplies.
If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band
EricBear
Staff
oskidunker said:

as the fans boo Charlie Moore.

Why?
parentswerebears
Exactly. That would be messed up towards a really good guy.
oskidunker
People that leave Cal usually hurt the program. Especially distressing when my
Mom is sick excuse is used way too many times.

Half kidding about booing. I would not do that but certainly would not root for an opposing player that came back to Haas after defecting.
Go Bears!
Bearprof
Someone who may have inside knowledge on this site said that he may have had academic problems at Cal. That would explain a lot why he left despite possibly liking Jones.
Bearprof
I really liked Charlie. Was very sad to see him go.
HoopDreams
I don't have a problem with charlie
if we played him I hope he has a great game, as long as we win the game
cal83dls79
Interesting to see the DePaul and NU discussion about Moore. The NU board sounds like this board but with just the names changed. Really, two programs struggling.

One quote from the NU board:
Correct. DePaul is trash. Torvik has them ranked at #140 next year, below NU at #127
http://barttorvik.com/trankpre.php

Cal looks good at 198 just a few spots below LIU Brooklyn which I understand just expanded their facilities to include an additional playground.
Bear19
calfanz said:

I don't know cuonzo personally, but from what I've observed, I don't believe loyalty to players is very high on his list of values. Unless he could make a couple of bucks.
concordtom
Former KU guard Charlie Moore moves on to 4th school of college career

J-W Staff & Wire Reports
Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Kansas guard Charlie Moore (2) looks to dish as he is defended by South Dakota guard Stanley Umude (0) during the second half, Tuesday, Dec. 18, 2018 at Allen Fieldhouse.
Former Kansas guard Charlie Moore is transferring from DePaul to Miami (Fla.), his fourth school, for his final year of eligibility.

Thanks to the NCAA's newly passed one-time transfer exemption rule, Moore will be eligible to play right away.

The 5-foot-11 Chicago native averaged 15.5 points and 6.1 assists in 32 games for DePaul in 2019-20, and 14.4 points and 4.2 assists in 16 games this past season.

He started 34 games as a freshman at California during the 2016-17 season and played as a reserve at KU in 2018-19 after sitting out the 2017-18 season following his transfer.

During his one season of eligibility with the Jayhawks, Moore appeared in 35 games, with one start, while averaging 2.9 points per game in 13 minutes.

Moore left KU to be closer to his hometown following the 2018-19 season and played the past two seasons as a key member of DePaul's roster, starting all but one of his 48 games with the Blue Demons.

Dave Leitao was fired as DePaul's coach after last season, and Moore left Cal after a coaching change there, as well.

Moore provides a much-needed reinforcement for the Hurricanes, who since the end of the season have lost three players via the NCAA's new transfer rule.

Departing Miami since the end of the season via transfer have been Chris Lykes to Arkansas, Earl Timberlake to Memphis and Elijah Olaniyi to Stony Brook. Two other players, Isaiah Wong and Kameron McGusty, decided to enter the NBA draft with the option to return to Miami.
concordtom
He's playing this season for Miami.

Here's a look at his 4 jerseys. I've never heard of such a thing.

concordtom
Stats

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/charlie-moore-1.html

Graduated HS in 2016
1. Cal
2. Kansas (RS)
3. Kansas
4. DePaul
5. DePaul
6. Miami

I wonder how his studies are coming along and what degree he'll be acquiring in the spring, or what degrees he's already attained.

Ooops. Asked too soon. Per the Miami player profile page:

Graduated from DePaul University with a degree in communications … Enrolled in the international administration master's program at Miami …
oskidunker
Phd back at Cal?
Go Bears!
SFCityBear
He still has that baby face. Youngest looking player I ever saw in a Cal uniform.
SFCityBear
calbear80
From what I recall he is from the Chicago area.
. His excuse for transferring out of Cal was he wanted to be closer to his sick mother or father in the Chicago area.
. Well, he transferred from Cal to Kansas (yeah, right next door to Chicago!).
. When things did not work out in Kansas, he transferred to DePaul (now, that is actually in Chicago).
. And, now he is transferring to Miami which means either the ailing mother or father must not be sick anymore or…

Go Bears!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.