Colorado's Sirena "Peanut" Tuitele to Cal

2,941 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by GATC
SFCALBear72
How long do you want to ignore this user?
As per Raoul:

Colorado WBB grad transfer Sirena "Peanut" Tuitele (6-1 SR forward, Chico, CA) has announced her commitment to Cal, another Pac-12 to Pac-12 move.

She also announced it on Instagram saying "Home, here I come".

Immediately Liked by Jazzy Green.
Ashfield63
SFCALBear72 said:

As per Raoul:

Colorado WBB grad transfer Sirena "Peanut" Tuitele (6-1 SR forward, Chico, CA) has announced her commitment to Cal, another Pac-12 to Pac-12 move.

Welcome home! I look forward to watching you play with
your enthusiasm and energetic attitude. Chico is not far from Berkeley......

Roul just posted....who is going from Cal to Arizona to complete the three-way trade?
Does somene know what he is referrring to?
SFCALBear72
Ashfield63 said:

SFCALBear72 said:

As per Raoul:

Welcome home! I look forward to watching you play with
your enthusiasm and energetic attitude. Chico is not far from Berkeley......

Roul just posted....who is going from Cal to Arizona to complete the three-way trade?
Does somene know what he is referrring to?

He's joking. Earlier today, an Arizona player (Aaronette Voneh) committed to Colorado. Now, a Colorado player is coming to Cal. To complete the "triangle", a Cal player would go to Arizona. Not happening.
HoopDreams
looks like a solid player, especially as a rebounder

but another undersized post player?

she does seem to be able to shoot a little

her experience, along with the 2 other grad transfers, and the juniors will give us a more experienced team
annarborbear
I was hoping for someone with the nickname "Too Tall", but it is good that she is 6'1" and not 5'6".
Schroeder71
Peanut Tuitele is a solid all-around experienced player in the Pac 12. She is durable, played in all 31 Colorado games. The Chico product finished 5th in scoring for the Buffs with 7.4 ppg. She's a good shooter with a FG% of .511. Her FT% is 77.6. Tuitele registered the 3rd most rebounds on Colorado with an average of 4.2 per game. Peanut was exceptional on the offensive boards with 61 in 31 games. She is also a tough defender, blocking the 2nd most shots (30) on the team. Cal adds a key player to its front court. GO BEARS!
ClayK
This is good news. She's a solid Pac-12 player and can play PF well enough.

It's also good to see NorCal kids at Cal. You have to start somewhere.
CalFanatic
Great get, coaches! If (and big if) we are all healthy next year this is still a much improved team (IMO).
CalWSportsFan

smh
calbears link..

https://calbears.com/news/2022/4/22/womens-basketball-bears-sign-peanut-tuitele.aspx
stu
TLDR:

"Peanut had us at hello," said head coach Charmin Smith. "From our student-athletes to our administration, every person that she met with could instantly see the leadership and experience that she will bring to our young, talented group. Peanut has the grit and competitiveness that is needed to compete in the Pac-12. She was an integral part of Colorado's success and we know she will have a similar impact here. Most importantly, she embodies every piece of our core values and is an amazing addition to our CIRCLE."

GATC
I was impressed with the way Colorado played us. They were tough.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.