Naje Murray to...

7,777 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by stu
annarborbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Adia Barnes record at Arizona probably represents about what we are going to experience ourselves. First three years were 9th, 11th and 8th in the conference, and now finally able to compete. You have to have competitive recruiting over several years, and then you need experience.

Also, these discussions mostly focus on offense. But in today's PAC-12, you also need somebody who can guard against Haley Jones, Sabrina Ionescu, Ari McDonald and Destiny Slocum.
HoopDreams
ClayK said:

Murray is a good player, and will help, but she is smallish and only shot 37% overall. Her 35% from three-point range, though, is good, and that's on 229 attempts.

Here's a concern: An A/TO of 87/91, which means she's unlikely to be the point guard.

Is she an upgrade? Absolutely. Is she going to add a bunch of Pac-12 wins because of her presence? That's more of a wait-and-see.
fair point, and I trust you're opinions

we will have a small back court which is a concern, especially on defense

the A/TO ratio is also a concern, but she will be a redshirt junior with a half-year of practicing with the team, so hopefully that additional experience will improve her court vision and adjustment to the speed of D1 hoops

certainly her long range shooting will be a contribution to this team plus add depth
wvitbear
Having watched her in high school, I never thought of her as a point guard. But we have a couple of point guards coming back. And maybe the foreign recruit.

We need a wing to replace Brown. although maybe the foreign woman will be that. Remember that Cayton is approximately the size of Murray. Used to get them confused on St Mary's.
stu
Quote:

We need a wing to replace Brown...
I don't see anyone with Jaelyn's skill set but I can imagine Jazlen or Dalayah playing Jaelyn's spot (big guard or small forward as the situation requires). I'm expecting Naje and/or Ornela to replace Sara at SG.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.