Lindsey Gotta leave.

6,878 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by calbearinamaze
Ccajon2
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Her distracted coaching & sub-par recruiting starting in about 2017 is going to be the cause of what looks to be a losing season. She used her coaching job to prepare herself for an NBA job. Can Cal sue her for malpractice of coaching?
really
Ccajon2 said:

Her distracted coaching & sub-par recruiting starting in about 2017 is going to be the cause of what looks to be a losing session. She used her coaching job to prepare herself for an NBA job. Can Cal sue her for malpractice of coaching?
This is one of the most idiotic posts ever on this board -- and that is a pretty low bar.

I hope the lack of other replies is a sign that other board members are ignoring your post in order to discourage any further similar babbling, and not due to an unwillingness to call out your lack of decency, your limited understanding of Cal wbb and your sloppy typos.
BearBint
really said:

Ccajon2 said:

Her distracted coaching & sub-par recruiting starting in about 2017 is going to be the cause of what looks to be a losing session. She used her coaching job to prepare herself for an NBA job. Can Cal sue her for malpractice of coaching?
This is one of the most idiotic posts ever on this board -- and that is a pretty low bar.

I hope the lack of other replies is a sign that other board members are ignoring your post in order to discourage any further similar babbling, and not due to an unwillingness to call out your lack of decency, your limited understanding of Cal wbb and your sloppy typos.
Yes, weird and ignorant stuff. But that's what the mute/ignore/block option is for and why I shall apply it now.
"Don't get distracted, myself. Don't get distracted." Self-talk from a young relative
KiteBear
What is done is done. No point in rehashing the whys. I will also ignore this persons future posts
Ccajon2
KiteBear said:

What is done is done. No point in rehashing the whys. I will also ignore this persons future posts

Kitebear I knew it would take a Whopper of a post to get you to finally respond. What's this like your 65th in like 8 years?
OBear073akaSMFan
really said:

Ccajon2 said:

Must be something in the water in the southbay!
Ccajon2
really said:

Ccajon2 said:

Love it when a BIer gets on their high horse concerning a post of mine about a female coach, while the poor male OC is being buried alive by the board. It's called equal opportunity.
GrandPa Bear
taking idiocy to the next level
TypiCal
For this Cc should be BANNED from the WHoops board for life or whenever they get to another final four--whichever comes first.
Ashfield63
CAL played UCONN in Storrs today. It was a very good team effort. Kudos to Charmin, the coaching staff, and the players. They rebounded after Friday night's loss in the last few minutes at Harvard. I only want to focus on the Charmin Smith era. This is a new team who shows cohesiveness. This season is a chance for the Seniors and the Freshman to get a lot of playing time. Hopefully, shots will go down more frequently as the season progresses.The games at Haas are so much fun! GO BEARS!!!!
calbear80
Do you think LG recruited well the last two or three years? I don't.

Unfortunately, LG did not leave much for Coach Smith to work with.

Go Bears!
stu
calbear80 said:

Do you think LG recruited well the last two or three years? I don't.
I think the classes entering in 2017 and 2018 were thin and got much thinner with the departure of Smith and Forbes. AFAIK current freshies Crocker, Green, and Lutje Schipholt were recruited by LG. So was Lauren Fields, who changed her mind after LG left.
calbear80
I think (and I am going to take a beating for saying this) the turning point for LG was missing out on SG Plum (Country Day, San Diego) and the beginning of the end was missing out on G Sabrina Inescu (Orinda/Moraga/Walnut Creek). And, then there was repeated failure to sign a quality big after KA. I know there are a lot of factors involved in where recruits decides to go, but, if LG had gotten either of those two or a couple of quality bigs, our progran would be in a different place now.

Go Bears!
stu
I agree getting either Plum or Ionescu would have made us a better team and a more attractive recruiting destination. I've long thought guard is the most important position. I know it's a small sample and the circumstances differ but consider how much better Washington did with Plum and Oregon did with Ionescu than we did with Anigwe.

Also after Brittany and Reshanda graduated I think our once-formidable defense softened up. Even with more consistent offense I'd have to say we we seemed a bit overrated.
Finnish Oski
I've read a lot of nonsense here about LG not trying to recruit or being too distracted by pregnancy, SW airlines and getting an NBA job (all without a scintilla of evidence or real knowledge of the situation). The fact is that LG an staff continued to work very hard at recruiting but -- according to at least one prominent girl's high school coach -- the word had gotten out among the nation's top players that LG was not particularly good at developing players and that her tactical ability, game management and use of players were bad. Hence when she left Charmin was able to haul in four excellent recruits. LG's departure was a big plus for the program but don't demean her efforts by suggesting she was too distracted to recruit, especially absent any evidence.
roqmoq
Finnish Oski said:

I've read a lot of nonsense here about LG not trying to recruit or being too distracted by pregnancy, SW airlines and getting an NBA job (all without a scintilla of evidence or real knowledge of the situation). The fact is that LG an staff continued to work very hard at recruiting but -- according to at least one prominent girl's high school coach -- the word had gotten out among the nation's top players that LG was not particularly good at developing players and that her tactical ability, game management and use of players were bad. Hence when she left Charmin was able to haul in four excellent recruits. LG's departure was a big plus for the program but don't demean her efforts by suggesting she was too distracted to recruit, especially absent any evidence.
If true that LG was suffering from top players' perceptions that she had faults as a coach, why couldn't Charmin and the rest of the staff overcome some of those perceptions? I agree that LG's departure is a positive for the same reasons outlined above. I hope that Charmin and the staff can now remedy some of LG's shortcomings.
Finnish Oski
Quote:

why couldn't Charmin and the rest of the staff overcome some of those perceptions?
Pretty hard to overcome what the head coach does or is perceived as.
willtalk
If she stopped recruiting or not is a different issue. I doubt she would have done that. But it did seem that like she was looking for another landing spot for after Angwe graduated. It is also not that absurd to think that her having a family might not have impacted that decision as well. Being an assistant coach in the NBA would be a far less time-consuming job than a head coach at Cal. I can remember a really good coach who once was at UCLA and took the Job at LSU. I really thought she would become one of the best women's coaches in the country in time. Yet she had a child and seemed to lose her fire for the job. It is not unusual for people who have children to change their values and perspectives on life. Good lord people-- there is nothing wrong with someone reevaluating their priorities.

People often actively search for a new job while they are still employed, but that can not help affect their perspective and dedication to the one they still have.

There is all this talk about moving on, but why skewer a poster who gives an opinion about an ex-coach. The same thing happened with Boyle after she left. Hey! let's get a group together and burn down his house. Talk about an overreaction. I suspect their are some other agenda's involved.
willtalk
By the way! I don't recognize some of the people posting on this subject as really being active posters on the Women's Basketball site.
annarborbear
Lindsay left with two years remaining on her contract. Instead of riding out those remaining two years for the money, she has given Charmin her chance. I thought she also needed a mid- career mentor to get some new ideas about coaching, and she gets that in John Beilein. So it is all good.
calbear80
Is it really all good? LG left Cal with a mid major level talent while 1/2 of the Pac-12 have top 25 talent and 1/4 of the conference have top 10 talent.

Can anyone argue with the fact that there was an steep decline in recruiting in the last four years? This while there was an steep incline in recruiting by our competition. It does not seem like LG capitalized on the Final Four appearance while our competition's talent got better and better each year. What do you attribute that to?

Go Bears!
Ccajon2
willtalk said:

By the way! I don't recognize some of the people posting on this subject as really being active posters on the Women's Basketball site.

No just LGs husband got a little miffed at me saying I'm ignorant of Cal wbb and lack decency. Who but someone close to her would say that of me. I'm a saint on this board compared to others.
really
willtalk said:

Wow, that's a really cutting criticism there....

("By the way!" - lol) you may have noticed that the number of active posters on this site seems to have declined with the team's conference performance the last few years; and the amount of actual bball analysis and any insightful/insider info has dropped along with them.

So the board has become even more of an echo chamber than before, based mostly on the frustrated speculation of a few posters who either wish there was more hard info (recruiting/injuries/etc.) out there about the wbb team or who don't care.
really
Ccajon2 said:

willtalk said:

No just LGs husband got a little miffed at me saying I'm ignorant of Cal wbb and lack decency. Who but someone close to her would say that of me. I'm a saint on this board compared to others.
Haha - Nope, I just take personal offense to such arrogant ignorance as saying "sue her for malpractice of coaching..." LOL Especially for one "losing session [sic]" -- I mean, I hardly know where to begin.

Maybe you are a saint on this board, but why would anyone respect your knowledge of Cal wbb? Only a few months ago back in June you said (in the "Kianna Smith transferring" thread):

"Agree. I'm all in with LG. It's not or ever has been her fault that the P12 is so strong. Some bad luck that she's whiffed on the recruitment of several blue chippers that were in Cal's neighborhood, but not all players want to stay home to go to school. Won't be surprised to see the implementation of the Kerr styled offense next year, given her recruiting strategy."
R90
Don't feed the troll. He enjoys seeing your anger.

Ignore and move on.
It's all just entertainment, so find a way to enjoy it.
The refs are there to feed your hatred addiction and keep the games close.
wifeisafurd
You know even Saint Tara has a rebuilding year from time to time. This was not a surprise. LG's recruiting didn't keep up with some other Pac programs that just exploding on the top level. In fact, no one did outside of a very few schools.

Get playing time for the youngsters and enjoy the great recruiting class next year.
UrsineMaximus
really said:

willtalk said:

Wow, that's a really cutting criticism there....

("By the way!" - lol) you may have noticed that the number of active posters on this site seems to have declined with the team's conference performance the last few years; and the amount of actual bball analysis and any insightful/insider info has dropped along with them.

So the board has become even more of an echo chamber than before, based mostly on the frustrated speculation of a few posters who either wish there was more hard info (recruiting/injuries/etc.) out there about the wbb team or who don't care.
I agree with you. Frankly I enjoy how silly the comment and attitude of @willtalk is.
annarborbear
Time to close out the past era no matter how we felt about it. The new Charmin era looks promising.
Lone Star
annarborbear said:

Lindsay left with two years remaining on her contract. Instead of riding out those remaining two years for the money, she has given Charmin her chance. I thought she also needed a mid- career mentor to get some new ideas about coaching, and she gets that in John Beilein. So it is all good.

Love John Beilein but, he should have stayed at Michigan. I get that he is in his mid/late 60's so the NBA money is much better then college money but, his stint in the NBA will be a short one. He should have consulted Nick Saban before he made the jump to the pros.
annarborbear
I worked at Michigan and wish he had finished his career there since his teams were doing well. But he is an innovator and probably wanted one last test in his career.LG has lucked out to have him as a mentor, and he will treat her own ideas respectfully.
calbear80
annarborbear said:

... The new Charmin era looks promising.

Does it? 0-2? Lost to a non-scholarship school?

Go Bears!
BearBint
calbear80 said:

annarborbear said:

Go Bears!
Three--so far--top 2020 recruits. A solid game against the #5 team. I'm willing to be optimistic, and simply view 2019-20 as a rebuilding year.
"Don't get distracted, myself. Don't get distracted." Self-talk from a young relative
GATC
calbear80 said:

annarborbear said:

Go Bears!
We beat Brown last year by 10 points (vs losing by 3 this year) and lost to UConn by 35 points last year (vs 11 this year). Considering that we probably have the least experience of all of the 355 WBB teams in the country there is hope that we will win some games as we play together more.

BearBint
GATC said:

calbear80 said:

annarborbear said:

Go Bears!
We beat Brown last year by 10 points (vs losing by 3 this year) and lost to UConn by 35 points last year (vs 11 this year). Considering that we probably have the least experience of all of the 355 WBB teams in the country there is hope that we will win some games as we play together more.

Nope, that was 2017-18. Last season's UConn game was just a 10-point margin, but with a more experienced team, and deeper into the season. This year's 11-point difference at UConn with mostly new starters was pretty admirable.
GATC
BearBint said:

GATC said:

calbear80 said:

annarborbear said:

Go Bears!

Nope, that was 2017-18. Last season's UConn game was just a 10-point margin, but with a more experienced team, and deeper into the season. This year's 11-point difference at UConn with mostly new starters was pretty admirable.
You are correct, my error. I was trying to compare the away games as our team was completely not prepared to play UConn at their place last time while they looked more prepared this year.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.