2024 Women's Swim Recruiting

8,519 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by OBear073akaSMFan
smh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
coachdeke said:

OBear073akaSMFan said:

You're right from New Zealand but can't remember her name either.
Lauren Boyle?
thanks. her wikiwiki page..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lauren_Boyle
> Full name Lauren Marie Boyle
> Born 14 December 1987 (age 36)
OBear073akaSMFan
Thanks. Though I couldn't remember her name she was one of my favorites swimmer. My God it's already over 14 years .
RollOnYouAll
OBear073akaSMFan said:

swimmer19 said:

Ohio State's Maya Geringer announced her intent to swim at Cal for her 5th year. A 4 year NCAA scorer for the Buckeyes in the mile, she will head to Berkeley with a 4:39.5 500 free and 15:56 mile.

Who was the last women swimmer that we had to
score in the mIle? Can't recall.

I think Cierra Runge may have been the last woman swimmer to score in the mile at the national championship?

Runge was runner-up to Leah Smith (UVA) with her 15:46.46 at 2015 NCAAs. She holds the top spot in Cal's All-Time Top 10 in this event, with her 15:40.17 from 2015 Pac-12s. Unfortunately Runge only competed a single season for us (the McKeever effect? cough cough)

Maya Geringer's 15:56.28 PB from 2023 would come in at #2 on Cal's All-Time list, faster than #2 Lauren Boyle's 15:56.93 achieved back in 2009

Kinda off-topic for "2024 Women's Swim Recruiting", but I think it's worth mentioning that Claire Weinstein from the 2025 recruiting class has an even faster best time of 15:51.64, which would have placed 6th in the A final of the 1650 Free at 2024 NCAAs

Weinstein's best 500 Free time of 4:29.38 is actually 3 seconds faster than Bella Sims' winning time at this year's NCAAs, and would have topped Runge's #1 spot of 4:31.90 i on Cal's all-time list

And how about 2025 top recruit Alex Shackell's 1:50.15 which would have WON the 200 Fly title at 2024 NCAAs, not to mention surpassing Katie McLaughlin's #1 time of 1:51.09 on Cal's list (keeping fingers crossed that she will stick with her commitment)!

In the 100 Fly, Shackell's 49.49 also outdoes McLaughlin's 49.97 (top time on our All-Time list, and would have claimed the runner-up spot at NCAA Champs.

Shackell's best of 1:42.23 in the 200 Free would have earned 4th place at NCAAs this year

More goodies here:
https://swimswam.com/how-would-top-age-group-swimmers-stack-up-at-ncaas/
smh
welcome aboard
OBear073akaSMFan
You're right. Think she only stayed one year & left. She was a 2014-15 recruit. Maybe she was impacted by coach Teri?
Nasal Mucus Goldenbear
Hey now. RollOnYouAll reminds me of legendary supersaiyanposter of Cal Swimming, Ursus Arctos Californicus, who was lost to us when the Tericalypse really started collapsing our recruiting.

Cierra possibly heard (or heard of) Teri's maltreatment of one or more teammates and that really soured her on Cal.
OBear073akaSMFan
Nasal Mucus Goldenbear said:

Ursus Arctos Californicus, who was lost to us when the Tericalypse really started collapsing our recruiting.

I do miss UAC postings and hope he/she return some days. I don't though UAC left because of coach Teri's actions but more because of complaints from the peanut gallery who criticized him for postings of the signing/recruiting of swimmers at 'other' schools.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.