Cal at LSU Softball Regional

22,653 Views | 181 Replies | Last: 18 days ago by BearinOC
CalFanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
After SIU's tacky tweet about us losing…I want blood.
I want us to demolish this little mid major and send them packing back to BFN Illinois.

We might get that opportunity. They are trailing 3-0 against LSU. GO BEARS!!
CalFanatic
Cal up 2-0 in the 1st!
OBear073akaSMFan
Keep it up Bears! Go Bears!
volleybear
Grand Slam! 7-0
SFCALBear72
Bears came to Play...and Hit!!!
CalFanatic
ELON!
CalFanatic
8-0 Bears! Pile it on
SFCALBear72
Now 9-0!
Schroeder71
Well, Tianna Bell and Elon Butler have hits today to join the offensive parade. Only Lagi Quiroga has yet to register a base hit in this regional. She just got robbed of a double by the JSU left-fielder. Cal is warming up, leading 9-0 T2nd.
volleybear
JSU defense is atrocious. I think at least 9 of 11 runs have been unearned.
CalFanatic
LSU barely mustered 5 runs off them…. 11-0 Cal
CalFanatic
The bats are going going going! 13-0 now

Raven PH single...15-0
Strykur
Close game eh, need a few more touchdowns to put this away
CalFanatic
Victory! Beat SIU!
Shocky1
https://bearinsider.com/forums/2/topics/110786/replies/2335718
CalFanatic
1-0 Cal lead in the 1st!
CalFanatic
2-0 Bears!
Schroeder71
I missed the two Anzaldo errors to start the B2nd. However, that is three infield errors already plus two walks.

Roelling comes through against their two best power hitters to escape a bases loaded jam in the B2nd. This pitching is perhaps the best that I have seen RR pitch this season. Great job!

Elon Butler takes two fastballs for strikes and strikes out again on off-speed. The pitcher was alternating change-ups and fast balls. Butler was called out on strikes in her first AB. The starting pitcher has only two strikeouts against Cal and they both are Elon Butler. Poor judgement (IMO) to take the fast balls for strikes, leaving her susceptible for off-speed both times.

Thank goodness RR is "on her game" this weekend to give the Bears an opportunity to advance. The Salukis two starting pitchers are both very good. I don't know how many runs Cal will score to add-on to the 2-1 lead. Quiroga still is without a hit in this regional. Bears are making some solid contact on medium deep flyballs, but they don't even reach the warning track.

I would like to see Cal defeat a topflight pitcher. Most of the season, the elite pitchers have won the vast majority of the battles versus the Bear's offense.
CalFanatic
Roelling gets out of a HUGE bases loaded jam against SIU's 2 best hitters. Way to battle kid!

2-1 Cal after 2
CalFanatic
Randi with 2 k's in the 3rd. That ball is breaking!
Schroeder71
The season is over. Lis rips a double after a two-out error by Tatum Anzaldo. Cal has committed a season high four infield errors on ground balls in four innings. All the runs scored against Randi Roelling are unearned. It's called "choking".

Now Southern Illinois is bringing in their ace, Maddia Groth (1.00 ERA), to close out Cal.
CalFanatic
Schroeder71 said:

It's over. Lis rips a double after a two-out error on Tatum Anzaldo. Cal has committed a season high four infield errors on ground balls. All the runs scored against Randi Roelling are unearned. It's called "choking".

You are the most miserable, negative person i've ever encountered in my life. It's 3-2 in the 5th. It's called "having faith". Jesus christ dude.
SFCALBear72
Schroeder71 said:

The season is over. Lis rips a double after a two-out error on Tatum Anzaldo. Cal has committed a season high four infield errors on ground balls. All the runs scored against Randi Roelling are unearned. It's called "choking".

Now Southern Illinois is bringing in their ace, Maddia Groth (1.00 ERA), to close out Cal.

Exposed for what you are. A fair-weather fan. Pathetic.

Ccajon2
CalFanatic said:

Schroeder71 said:

It's over. Lis rips a double after a two-out error on Tatum Anzaldo. Cal has committed a season high four infield errors on ground balls. All the runs scored against Randi Roelling are unearned. It's called "choking".

You are the most miserable, negative person i've ever encountered in my life. It's 3-2 in the 5th. It's called "having faith". Jesus christ dude.

Wow there's six outs left S71. You remind me of my mother the most gloom and doom human in world history. Lighten up.

CalFanatic
Off to the 6th. Bell, Anders and Butler up. Down 3-2. Let's go Bears!!
CalFanatic
Cal falls to SIU 3-2.

We return all but one starter in our starting offensive lineup next year (Anzaldo), excited to see what we can do. All you miserable fans can "choke" =)
59bear
CalFanatic said:

Cal falls to SIU 3-2.

We return all but one starter in our starting offensive lineup next year (Anzaldo), excited to see what we can do. All you miserable fans can "choke" =)
Annzaldo is a huge loss but there is still a strong offensive base to build from (if we don't get portalized}. I'm more concerned about tightening up the defense, which has been pretty mediocre for the past few years, and continuing to build the pitching staff. There was a lot of "woulda, coulda, shoulda" this year but the outlook is still brighter than when Chelsea took over.
Jackisback
The Bears had a good season, but they were limited by their pitching. We have a number of good young pitchers, but none were yet able to dominate teams on a regular basis. Randi and Haylei both had some great games, but consistency was an issue all season. Next year will be better, both through individual improvement and from addition through recruiting. It takes time to rebuild a program (just ask Mike White) but we are clearly on the right track. Chelsea is a great coach, and given time, she (and we) will succeed. Go Bears.

Shocky1
https://bearinsider.com/forums/2/topics/110786/replies/2335823
CalFanatic
Jackisback said:

The Bears had a good season, but they were limited by their pitching. We have a number of good young pitchers, but none were yet able to dominate teams on a regular basis. Randi and Haylei both had some great games, but consistency was an issue all season. Next year will be better, both through individual improvement and from addition through recruiting. It takes time to rebuild a program (just ask Mike White) but we are clearly on the right track. Chelsea is a great coach, and given time, she (and we) will succeed. Go Bears.

+1

I'm excited to see an improved Randi, Ryann and what appears to be a strong arm coming in next year in De Nava. The next year we bring in the Soph state player of the year in McGowan. The future is bright.
gmunay
[url=<blockquote][/url]
Cal P Randi Roelling has entered the transfer portal.

As a freshman in 2024, Roelling posted a 3.16 ERA, 13 wins, and 101 strikeouts in 133 innings of work. She led the Bears in wins, innings pitched, strikeouts, and saves.
pic.twitter.com/3Rvo3L0q9r
Justin McLeod (@justfactsmaam) May 21, 2024 ">
Quote:

Cal P Randi Roelling has entered the transfer portal.

As a freshman in 2024, Roelling posted a 3.16 ERA, 13 wins, and 101 strikeouts in 133 innings of work. She led the Bears in wins, innings pitched, strikeouts, and saves. pic.twitter.com/3Rvo3L0q9r
Justin McLeod (@justfactsmaam) May 21, 2024
Not sure if this is accurate but if so, would hate to see her go[url=<blockquote][/url]

SFCALBear72
It's true.

She posted an announcement about her decision on Instagram yesterday.

I wonder why she's leaving.
bamabear9929
Sounds like Cal softball will need to work the portal for pitching next year. The ACC will be challenging with Duke, Florida State, Stanford, VT. Thought Roelling looked good for a freshman with lots of potential to develop into an ace.. something Cal has been missing.
Ccajon2
Maddia Groff 30-5 1.11 era. Beat us twice in Baton Rouge.
CalFanatic
Roelling wasn't managed well... and you could see her confidence shot early on in Pac 12 play.

I think it hurt us a bit having O'Toole out for a portion of the season. I have a feeling things would've been different with her pitching management...I definitely didn't understand some of the late game decisions, pitch calling, etc by the coaching staff when she was out. However, some things are 100 percent bigger than softball. Congrats on the kiddo!

FWIW, I think she ends up at Texas A&M.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.