2019 Women's Swimming Recruiting

221,858 Views | 411 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by UrsusArctosCalifornicus
bearz012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well, I'm finally starting the 2019 recruiting topic after months of discussing them on the 2018 recruiting topic. Thanks to UAC and tedbear for nominating me, this is really exciting haha. 2019 is an extremely important year for recruiting, as we are losing 3/4 of the Dream Team (Kathleen, Amy, and Katie), as well as Jenna.

The class of 2019 is nowhere as strong as the 2018 class, but still has some solid prospects. I'm thinking that if we land 6 solid recruits, it'll be solid. I haven't finalized my list yet, but here's three that are definitely on my list. I'll be discussing some more prospects later on in this topic because I don't want to overwhelm people.

Needs:
- Back (we're pretty weak beyond Kathleen & Amy)
- Fly (esp. 200 fly)
- Sprint free (to replace Amy on relays)
- IM (Keaton seems to be the only one apart from Kathleen who can make NCAAs)
- Mid-distance free (Katie was a huge help w/ the 500 free, and Kathleen, Amy, and Katie are a huge part of the 800 free relay)
- Of course, our usual weaknesses: Breast, distance free/IM, diving

Recruits:
She's been talked about multiple times, but my #1 pick for a Cal recruit would be Isabel Ivey (#1 Nat, #1 FL). She's a pretty darn reasonable choice, as she's friends w/ multiple Cal swimmers/commits, such as Cassidy and Reese, and she also follows both the men and womens' teams on Instagram. She's extremely versatile, with her best stroke being free, and her second best stroke being...uh...basically everything. Versatility is something Teri values, so I can easily see Teri targeting her as a recruit.

My second recruit would be Zoie Hartman (#5 Nat, #1 CA). She's a local, and an excellent breaststroker, and is great in freestyle and IM. She performed extremely well at Junior Nats this weekend, and dropped from a 1:00.5 to a 59.8 and went from a 2:11.8 to a 2:08.6, making her the superior all-around breaststroker (as compared to 2019 IU commit Emily Weiss). She's from the same team as 2018 men's recruit Daniel O'Connell, who's coach is Ethan Hall, who is Natalie Coughlin's husband. Again, with the versatility thing.

For my third recruit, I struggled on whether I'd prefer a local or a swimmer that we have a connection with (Carmel Swim Club), but ultimately, for my third recruit, it'd be Chloe Clark (#17 Nat, #3 CA). You might be wondering as to why I chose a "lower-ranked" recruit, it's because of her versatility. I tried to find the most versatile recruits, and I think that a lot of the distance swimmers (Donohoe, Heckman, Sims) are ranked too high, especially when they can only swim 500/1000/1650 free (I'm a fan of distance freestylers, don't get me wrong.) However, Chloe is pretty versatile, with her weakest stroke being butterfly, in which she still has a solid time of 55.15, though her best event is IM.
bearz012
Sorry if that was a bit too lengthy/statistic-heavy, I love numbers lol. Here's some information copied from the previous topic, and updated for after Winter Nats. Please tell me if any corrections are needed.

TOP TIMES OF THE CLASS OF 2019:
50 free: Kate Douglass (#4 Nat, #1 NY): 22.04 **VERBALLY COMMITTED TO VIRGINIA**
100 free: Isabel Ivey (#1 Nat, #1 FL): 47.88 **VERBALLY COMMITTED TO CAL**
200 free: Isabel Ivey (#1 Nat, #1 FL): 1:43.64 **VERBALLY COMMITTED TO CAL**
500 free: Miranda Heckman (#15 Nat, #2 CA): 4:41.53 **VERBALLY COMMITTED TO TEXAS**
1000 free: Maddie Donohoe (#10 Nat, #1 VA): 9:41.46 **VERBALLY COMMITTED TO VIRGINIA**
1650 free: Maddie Donohoe (#10 Nat, #1 VA): 16:08.71 **VERBALLY COMMITTED TO VIRGINIA**
100 back: Katharine Berkoff (#11 Nat, #1 MT): 51.95 **VERBALLY COMMITTED TO NC STATE**
200 back: Katharine Berkoff (#11 Nat, #1 MT): 1:53.61 **VERBALLY COMMITTED TO NC STATE**
100 breast: Emily Weiss (#14 Nat, #2 IN): 58.77 **VERBALLY COMMITTED TO INDIANA**
200 breast: Zoie Hartman (#5 Nat, #1 CA): 2:08.60 **VERBALLY COMMITTED TO GEORGIA**
100 fly: Coleen Gillilan (#7 Nat, #1 CO): 52.60 **VERBALLY COMMITTED TO NOTRE DAME**
200 fly: Mary Smutny (#8 Nat, #2 FL): 1:56.58 **VERBALLY COMMITTED TO TEXAS**
200 IM: Isabel Ivey (#1 Nat, #1 FL): 1:55.77 **VERBALLY COMMITTED TO CAL**
400 IM: Kelly Pash (#6 Nat, #1 IN): 4:10.97 **VERBALLY COMMITTED TO TEXAS**

*times and rankings are as of Dec. 17, 2017*
bearz012
I thought it'd be interesting to look at one final aspect: which schools the recruits are likely to commit to.

The reason why I didn't put Kate Douglass on the list is because I'm not sure she's even looking at Cal (also because she's not as versatile but anyways). On Instagram, she's following Stanford, UVA, Duke, USC, and UNC, as well as ASU coach Straton-Mills, and all the UVA coaches. She's friends w/ Kaki Christensen, who's a UVA commit, and as one of you guys found, was pictured w/ an LSJU sweatshirt. However, if she would commit to Cal, we'd happily welcome her She's also friends w/ 2018 baby bear Alex Sumner, so there's that. She's followed by UGA, USC, Michigan, UVA, UofA, UNC, and our own coach Dunleavy, which means that she's on their radar, even if we're not on hers I'm thinking she's a UVA lean.

Maddie Donohoe seems to be looking at UVA, but she's not following any other swim accounts. UVA (and all their coaches), UofA, ASU, OSU, and more. She's good friends with UGA commit Dakota Luther as well as Kate Douglass, so that may affect her decision making. UofA recruiting will be interesting to follow because Busch did take along w/ him Cory Chitwood, who is a great distance coach, but I dunno about how the rest is going to go.

Katharine Berkoff is following UGA, OSU, ASU (and their coaches), Tennessee, UofA, Louisville, NC State, UVA (+ coaches), UNC, USC, and Michigan. She's not following Cal or Stanford, but she is following Coach Dunleavy (who's following her back!) which at least means Teri (or at least Sarah) is interested in recruiting her She's followed by UGA, USC, Michigan, UVA (+ coaches), UofA, ASU (+ coahes), Louisville, OSU, NC State (+ coaches).

Caitlin Brooks is following UGA, Michigan (+ coaches), UVA (+ coaches), UofA, Florida, Tennessee, Kentucky, Wisconsin, OSU, Vanderbilt, Duke, Harvard, GTech, ASU (+coaches), NC State (+ coaches), FSU, and Cal (+ Coach Dunleavy!)
swimmer19
bearz012 said:

Sorry if that was a bit too lengthy/statistic-heavy, I love numbers lol. Here's some information copied from the previous topic, and updated for after Winter Nats. Please tell me if any corrections are needed.

TOP TIMES OF THE CLASS OF 2019:
50 free: Kate Douglass (#4 Nat, #1 NY): 22.04
100 free: Isabel Ivey (#1 Nat, #1 FL): 47.88
200 free: Isabel Ivey (#1 Nat, #1 FL): 1:43.64
500 free: Miranda Heckman (#11 Nat, #2 CA): 4:41.53
1000 free: Madelyn Donohoe (#6 Nat, #1 VA): 9:41.46
1650 free: Madelyn Donohoe (#6 Nat, #1 VA): 16:08.71
100 back: Katharine Berkoff (#9 Nat, #1 MT): 51.95
200 back: Katharine Berkoff (#9 Nat, #1 MT): 1:53.61
100 breast: Emily Weiss (#12 Nat, #1 IN): 58.77 **VERBALLY COMMITTED TO INDIANA**
200 breast: Zoie Hartman (#5 Nat, #1 TN): 2:08.
100 fly: Isabel Ivey (#1 Nat, #1 FL): 52.61
200 fly: Mary Smutny (#15 Nat, #2 FL): 1:56.58
200 IM: Isabel Ivey (#1 Nat, #1 FL): 1:57.04
400 IM: Kelly Pash (#14 Nat, #2 IN): 4:11.66

*times and rankings are as of Dec. 10, 2017*
Nice compilation of statistics, bearz012!

However, would you mind checking Isabel's time on that 200 IM? I believe she went a 1:55.77 at Nationals two weeks earlier, according to CS.
tedbear
Great work bearz012! It's going to be impossible replacing Kathleen, Amy, and Katie . I completely agree that Isabel is number one on all of our wish lists. Also, agree that 2019 is not nearly as deep as 2018. I have no idea yet who else to put on my dream list, but hoping for a high end international to help us keep pace.
bearz012
swimmer19 said:

Nice compilation of statistics, bearz012! However, would you mind checking Isabel's time on that 200 IM? I believe she went a 1:55.77 at Nationals two weeks earlier, according to CS.
Oh yeah, Fixed. I made that chart before Nationals, and didn't change it. Thanks
BearDevil
tedbear said:

Great work bearz012! It's going to be impossible replacing Kathleen, Amy, and Katie . I completely agree that Isabel is number one on all of our wish lists. Also, agree that 2019 is not nearly as deep as 2018. I have no idea yet who else to put on my dream list, but hoping for a high end international to help us keep pace.

Nice job, bear012. Thleen, Amy, and Katie scholly $s translates to more than three recruits, especially if two are in-state.

Losing both Thleen & Amy makes a high end backstroker a huge need.. Izzy's best value is as a sprinter, but her back times are solid which makes her the clear top priority. Maddie/Cassidy/Elise can hold down the fly legs.
bearz012
Copying this from the 2018 topic, and changed it based on some changes in rankings on CS. Really looking forward to the SS rankings, I think those are much more accurate. Anyways...

Recently noticed that there seemed to be a pretty big shift in ranking numbers on CS for our 2019 recruits, so I decided to do a breakdown of the swimmers through rank #25. For the freestylers, I broke it down into sprinters, mid-distance, and distance because if the ranges. If they're a 500 freestyler, I placed them in mid-distance if their 200 is better than their 1650, and vice versa. Also I'm not including international swimmers, sorry! I'm procrastinating on real work lol

Some quick notes:
- Florida (3), California (5), Virginia (3), Texas (3) have the most depth, with California having their #5 swimmer still being top 25 nationally.
- Not that many sprinters, but a considerable amount of distance swimmers
- Backstrokers in this class (Berkoff, Brooks) have high improvement curves from when I last went over backstrokers (both dropped time at Juniors)
- Lots of flyers, though none of the caliber of the fly-heavy 2018 class

2019 recruits - a breakdown
All-Around:

Isabel Ivey (#1 Nat, #1 FL) - Gator Swim Club **VERBALLY COMMITTED TO CAL**
- esp. good at 100-200 free & 2IM, strong back, breast, fly

Chloe Clark (#17 Nat, #3 CA) - Sierra Marlins Swim Team **VERBALLY COMMITTED TO CAL**
- great IMs, great 100 back and free, 1:02 breast; only "weakness" is fly (55 sec 100 fly)

Sprint Free (50-100):

Kate Douglass (#4 Nat, #1 NY) - Chelsea Piers Aquatic Club **VERBALLY COMMITTED TO VIRGINIA**
- great 50/100, some back/breast/IM as well

Katie Mack (#24 Nat, #3 VA) - Nation's Capital Swim Club **VERBALLY COMMITTED TO NC STATE**
- great 50, solid 100/200 free, strong backstroker (53/1:56) & 100 flyer (54), solid IMs, esp. 400 IM (4:17, which is impressive, esp. for a sprinter)
- imo, she should be ranked higher b/c of the lack of sprinters in this class, plus her versatility of sprints

Mid-Distance Free (200-500):

Miranda Heckman (#12 Nat, #2 CA) - Pleasanton Seahawks **VERBALLY COMMITTED TO TEXAS**
- great 200 and 500, her 1650 is solid

(left)
Caroline Kulp (#20 Nat, #2 VA) - Virginia Gators **VERBALLY COMMITTED TO VIRGINIA**
- didn't know where to put her, but the mid-distance events seem like her strongest
- great 200/500, solid 1650, 200 fly & 400 IM, but intriginely, split 28.8 on the breaststroke portion of a NAG winning 200 medley relay (1:05 100 breast)

Distance Free (500-1650):

https://instagr.am/p/BcORPsCDahU (left)
Madelyn Donohoe (#8 Nat, #1 VA) - The Fish **VERBALLY COMMITTED TO VIRGINIA**
- mostly just 500-1650, solid 200

(middle)
Kaitlynn Simms (#9 Nat, #1 TX) - Magnolia Aquatic Club **VERBALLY COMMITTED TO MICHIGAN**
- same as Donohoe, slightly slower 1650, good 400 IM

Back:

Caitlin Brooks (#11 Nat, #3 FL) - Gator Swim Club **VERBALLY COMMITTED TO KENTUCKY**
- really soared up in rankings (she was #20 at the end of Nov.)
- really just a backstroker, but her improvement curve has been very high

Katharine Berkoff (#10 Nat, #1 MT) - Missoula Aquatic Club
- performed really well @ Juniors West this weekend
- sub 52 100 back + 1:53 200 back

Alexandra Crisera (#18 Nat, #4 CA) - Southern California Swimming **VERBALLY COMMITTED TO STANFORD**
- great 100 back & solid 200 back/free

Ayla Spitz (#23 Nat, #5 CA) - Irvine NovaAquatics **VERBALLY COMMITTED TO CAL**
- solid backstroke (53/1:57), sub 2 minute 200 IM, solid 100/200 frees

Breast:

Zoie Hartman (#5 Nat, #1 CA) - Crow Canyon Country Club Sharks **VERBALLY COMMITED TO GEORGIA**
- also good 50 free & solid 100/200 free
- sub 2:09 in 200 breast! (2:08)

Emily Weiss (#13 Nat, #1 IN) - Cardinal Community Swim Club **VERBALLY COMMITTED TO INDIANA**
- less range than Hartman, but incredible 100 (58.7)

Gillian Davey (#21 Nat, #1 IA) - Central Iowa Aquatics **VERBALLY COMMITTED TO KENTUCKY**
- solid breaststrokes (1:01/2:10), 400 IM

https://instagr.am/p/BciWiVIFFXX (left)
Ashley McCauley (#25 Nat, #1 NC) - Marlins of Raleigh **VERBALLY COMMITTED TO GEORGIA**
- sub 2:10 breaststroker, 1:01 100 breaststroker, solid 400 IM

Fly:

Coleen Gillian (#6 Nat, #1 CO) - Fort Collins Area Swim Team **VERBALLY COMMITTED TO NOTRE DAME**
- putting her here b/c I have no idea where to put her & she swam fly on her team's medley relay lol
- projects as great breastrokers (1:00.4) and flyer (53.0); solid IMs as well

Mary Smutny (#7 Nat, #2 FL) - AquaKids Sharks Swim Team **VERBALLY COMMITTED TO TEXAS**
- best all-around flyer in this class, solid 100/200/500 frees as well

Lindsey Looney (#16 Nat, #2 TX) - Metroplex Aquatics **VERBALLY COMMITED TO ASU**
- slightly slower 100/200 fly than Smutny, a solid 400 IM

Ashlyn Fiorilli (#19 Nat, #3 TX) - Texas Ford Aquatics **VERBALLY COMMITTED TO CAL**
- 54/1:57 flyer, great distance free & 400 IM (basically one of those 200yd + swimmers)

(right)
Sarah DiMeco (#22 Nat, #1 WA) - Issaquah Swim Team **VERBALLY COMMITTED TO CAL**
- 55/1:57 flyer, solid distance free

IM:

(right)
Ella Nelson (#14 Nat, #1 TN) - Nashville Aquatic Club **VERBALLY COMMITTED TO VIRGINIA**
- also a sub 2:10 breaststroker, but better all-around IMer

Kelly Pash (#15 Nat, #2 IN) - Carmel Swim Club **VERBALLY COMMITTED TO TEXAS**
- slightly faster than Nelson in both IMs, but also has solid 50/100/200 frees
swimmer19
It will be particularly interesting to see in which direction Coleen Gillilan and Kelly Pash's recruiting will be headed.

For starters, Gillilan swims with FAST Fort Collins, the club that has produced LSJU bound Zoe Bartel, NC State commit Kylee Alons, and Notre Dame commit Bayley Stewart. I'm going to assume that they're all very close, and have been on multiple relays with one another, as highlighted by this past weekend's Winter Juniors meet in Iowa. She's very versatile, as highlighted by the events she swam at Juniors, and that's what most colleges want in a swimmer.

As for Kelly Pash, from Carmel (Amy), she's friends with Emma Nordin, Samantha Burchill (spelling?), and Gertrude Rothrock. The three are, respectively, a freshman at Arizona State, freshman at Georgia, and Tennessee commit. As is the same case with Coleen, Kelly is very close with the three and it's going to be a dogfight to see which school she ends up with. She was a member of the World Junior Team in Indy, so that may play as a factor as well.

These two are perfect examples of how teammates can have influence in a swimmer's decision. Kaitlynn Sims (and ultimately the rest of the Nordmann sisters) from the Magnolia Aquatic Club in Texas has the instant connection with 2018 Furd commit Lucie and current freshman Emily Reese at Texas; Ella Nelson (and albeit the Walsh sisters) have ties with 2018 Furd Allie Raab, Kate Douglass to 2018 UVA commit Kaki Christensen, and so on.

Would like to note that the second of the four Nordmanns, Lillie, was spotted on an insta post sporting Furd attire... not sure if she's in favor of their team or straight up supporting Lucie.

Forgot to note that from Isabel's club, Gator Swim Club in Gainesville, FL, wherever she commits, will also play a key role in the recruiting of fellow teammates (also 2019) Talia Bates and Caitlin Brooks, along with the other age group stars from GSC in the next few years.

(PS- Sorry this post is all over the place... need to get the thoughts out )
bearz012
swimmer19 said:

As for Kelly Pash, from Carmel (Amy), she's friends with Emma Nordin, Samantha Burchill (spelling?), and Gertrude Rothrock. The three are, respectively, a freshman at Arizona State, freshman at Georgia, and Tennessee commit. As is the same case with Coleen, Kelly is very close with the three and it's going to be a dogfight to see which school she ends up with. She was a member of the World Junior Team in Indy, so that may play as a factor as well.
Great information. Also would like to point out that Pash's SO, Drew Kibler, is going to Texas, so she's definitely going to look there. Wouldn't be surprised if she committed to Texas, as their freestyle program is very good.
bearz012
swimmer19 said:

Forgot to note that from Isabel's club, Gator Swim Club in Gainesville, FL, wherever she commits, will also play a key role in the recruiting of fellow teammates (also 2019) Talia Bates and Caitlin Brooks, along with the other age group stars from GSC in the next few years.
swimmer19 said:

In addition, if we could also recruit Talia Bates (c/o 2019) who is Isabel Ivey's teammate in both club and high school that would also be a stellar catch.
Talia: "So proud to announce that I have committed to the University of Florida! There is no place else that I would rather swim and study! Thank you to my family, coaches, and teammates for helping me make this dream a reality! #gogators"

UF DOUBLE LEGACY TALIA BATES ANNOUNCES VERBAL TO GATORS FOR 2019-20

CS ranking as of verbal: #29 Nat, #5 FL

Not surprised, especially w/ the double legacy. Her sister, Georgia Bates (c/o 2021) is also quite a stellar swimmer, and won't be surprised to see her go to UF either. It's quite an early commitment, but it's already the third of the 2019 class (Emily Weiss - UF, Jarod Arroyo - ASU). It will be interesting how this will affect the recruiting of fellow classmates and teammates, Caitlin Brooks and Isabel Ivey.
bearz012

Kathleen:
"I'm extremely excited to announce my verbal commitment to swim for the University of Florida! Thank you to my coaches, family and friends for supporting me. Can't wait to be a Gator!"

FLORIDA RECEIVES 2ND VERBAL FOR 2019-20 FROM 3X STATE CHAMP KATHLEEN GOLDING

https://instagr.am/p/BcyAIrHAfIQ

CS ranking as of verbal: #27 Nat, #4 FL

UF w/ 2 good recruits this early...4th recruit for 2019-2020 season. It's quite startling how fast these recruits are coming in, but a lot of the FL swimmers are commiting to UF. Florida has a lot of great swimmers this year, not only Golding and Bates, but also Brooks, Smutny, and Ivey.
swimmer19
bearz012 said:

UF w/ 2 good recruits this early...4th recruit for 2019-2020 season. It's quite startling how fast these recruits are coming in, but a lot of the FL swimmers are committing to UF. Florida has a lot of great swimmers this year, not only Golding and Bates, but also Brooks, Smutny, and Ivey.

Since early verbals already came in for 2019 via Talia and Kathleen, here are some of my takes on the remaining top FL swimmers:

Isabel: I feel that she's really only be going a few places: here, UF (club team affiliation), Texas (took a recent trip), and insert whatever other school she may be interested in. However, I'm going to say that our chances with her are pretty good (unless she suddenly takes on an interest with the Furds) as is 1) following both our men's, women's teams and numerous commits/present swimmers here and 2) one of y'all has apparently found a pic of her in Cal sweats (or other gear).

Caitlin: So the word on the street is that she's following most to all of the NCAA D1 powerhouses (shoutout @ bearz012!). She could really be headed anywhere, but given Talia's commitment to the Gators this early, this could define the 2019 recruiting path.

Mary: First of all, I had absolutely no idea who she was until she was brought up in this very thread. I'm not going to say anything about her, because I don't know much about her.
bearz012
Record-setting performances leave no doubt

Ivey, who transferred from Oak Hall to Buchholz her junior year, won both the 200-yard freestyle (1:44.68) and 100 breaststroke (1:00.99), in which she set a state record. She was named Florida Dairy Farmers Miss Swimming earlier this month. In two years, Ivey has four state titles, winning the Class 1A 200 individual medley and 50 free as a sophomore at Oak Hall.

In winning the 200 free, she outdueled defending 4A state champion and record holder Morgan Tankersley of Tampa Plant.

"I didn't pick my events, they filled everyone else out and put me where they needed me," Ivey said. "I can swim anything. "When I swam her (Tankersley), I thought I am definitely going to get this. It was so much fun. She had a good race too. She went faster at juniors (nationals), so that is good. She is going to Stanford."

While Ivey is looking to announce her college decision after the NCAA championships in March, Bates, a junior, made her college choice known a week ago in announcing her commitment to Florida.
swimmer19

swimmer19
Went through Izzy's insta profile, and looks like it's not just us, her hometown Gators, and the Horns that she has inflicted interest in. Apparently, she may have also taken in an interest with our "friends" down south, the Lady Trojans and the Furd (although I think she may have unfollowed them since last I checked due to them not being on there anymore).

Either way, she's simultaneously following members of both our men's and women's teams and postgrads, the women (and some men) of the horns, quite a few Lady Trojans/commits, and a stockpile of Gators. I feel like this is going to be a very interesting recruiting path for us to follow
bearz012
The first pro series stop is coming up in Austin (Jan. 11-14), and a bunch of our targets are swimming. It'll be a good look at how well they can perform in the long course pool, and take a closer look at some overlooked Texan swimmers. Two of our baby bears (Ema & Alicia) are also competing; take a look at the 2018 recruits board if you want to know what they're swimming)

Full Psych Sheet: https://cdn.swimswam.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/austin-psych-sheet-v2.pdf

Some prospects: Zoie Hartman, Regan Smith, Jade Hannah, Faith Knelson, Kayla Sanchez, Mary Smutny & Texas swimmers Kaitlynn Sims, Lindsay Looney, Ashlyn Fiorilli, Ella Collins, Emma Wheal, Natalie Whalen, Emma Stephenson, Sydney Stanford.

Racing on the men's side is a bunch of pros (Murphy, Adrian, Vollmer, Prenot, Shields, Pebley) and 2018 commits Reece Whitley and Daniel O'Connell.
swimmer19
bearz012 said:

Racing on the men's side is a bunch of pros (Murphy, Adrian, Vollmer, Prenot, Shields, Pebley) and 2018 commits Reece Whitley and Daniel O'Connell.

Are there any 2019 men's prospects competing that we should consider, whether it be in state (TX or Cali) or across the entire country, and is it time to start a 2019 Men's recruiting thread?
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
swimmer19 said:

is it time to start a 2019 Men's recruiting thread?

Methinks tis 'bout time... and I heartily endorse you and/or bearz012 for the honour, in recognition of your much welcome & appreciated contributions to the board as of late...
swimmer19
bearz012 said:

Chloe Clark (#17 Nat, #3 CA) - Sierra Marlins Swim Team
- great IMs, great 100 back and free, 1:02 breast; only "weakness" is fly (55 sec 100 fly)

Miranda Heckman (#12 Nat, #2 CA) - Pleasanton Seahawks
- great 200 and 500, her 1650 is solid

Ayla Spitz (#23 Nat, #5 CA) - Irvine NovaAquatics
- solid backstroke (53/1:57), sub 2 minute 200 IM, solid 100/200 frees

Breast:

Zoie Hartman (#5 Nat, #1 CA) - Crow Canyon Country Club Sharks
- also good 50 free & solid 100/200 free
- sub 2:09 in 200 breast! (2:08)
Alright, so while there are a few early commits on the class of 2023 on the men's side to schools not named Cal, I feel like these 4 in-state recruits should be the standard for this recruiting cycle.

Chloe- She is the type of versatile swimmer that Teri is aiming for. She comes from Sierra Marlins, which is where 2017 frosh Bryce on the men's side is from. She's also friends/club teammates with Jennifer Lathrop, a current UCLA freshman swimmer. Overall, she looks to be mostly a backstroker with PBs of 53.23/1:56.79, respectively, not to underestimate her breast/IM/sprint free capabilities.

Miranda- Proficient distance swimmer extending in the ranges of 200-the mile. She was a 2017 World Junior Team member, so that could very well impact her decision. Swimming with the Pleasanton Seahawks, she's teammates with 2018 commit Chris Jhong, and current Florida Gator Maxime Rooney. She holds times of 1:46.79/4:41.53/9:50.10/16:28.51 amongst her range of freestyle. Her backstroke (55.61/1:59.79) and 100 fly (55.88) are more than sufficient for a distance swimmer, and her 400 IM (4:15.91) is also very solid.

Ayla- Looks to be an excellent sprint freestyler who can potentially cover relay slots in the future with more development (23.19/49.29/1:46.64 50-200 free). She comes from Irvine Novaquatics, which is where Courtney Mykkanen came from. However, she's club teammates with Isabelle Odgers (2018 Trojan commit), Owen Kao (2018 Trojan commit), and Andrew Koustik (2018 Horns commit). Not to mention, current Lady Longhorn swimmer Rebecca Millard is also from Nova so that may be taken into consideration. Her backstroke times are also similar to that of Chloe's, and maintains a solid 100 fly/200 IM.

Zoie- She comes from the Crow Canyon Sharks,, which is where Maddie and 2018 commit Daniel O'Connell on the men's side come from. I doubt that the Furds would want her as they have freshman Grace and 2018 commits Zoe and Allie holding down breast pretty well. Her 50 free time of 22.94 is solid, and her 100/200 free times of 49.15/1:47.67 are very developmental, and could make for a key player on the 800 free relay especially since both Thleen and Katie McL are on that relay.
bearz012
swimmer19 said:

Alright, so while there are a few early commits on the class of 2023 on the men's side to schools not named Cal, I feel like these 4 in-state recruits should be the standard for this recruiting cycle.

Chloe- She is the type of versatile swimmer that Teri is aiming for. She comes from Sierra Marlins, which is where 2017 frosh Bryce on the men's side is from. She's also friends/club teammates with Jennifer Lathrop, a current UCLA freshman swimmer. Overall, she looks to be mostly a backstroker with PBs of 53.23/1:56.79, respectively, not to underestimate her breast/IM/sprint free capabilities.

Miranda- Proficient distance swimmer extending in the ranges of 200-the mile. She was a 2017 World Junior Team member, so that could very well impact her decision. Swimming with the Pleasanton Seahawks, she's teammates with 2018 commit Chris Jhong, and current Florida Gator Maxime Rooney. She holds times of 1:46.79/4:41.53/9:50.10/16:28.51 amongst her range of freestyle. Her backstroke (55.61/1:59.79) and 100 fly (55.88) are more than sufficient for a distance swimmer, and her 400 IM (4:15.91) is also very solid.

Ayla- Looks to be an excellent sprint freestyler who can potentially cover relay slots in the future with more development (23.19/49.29/1:46.64 50-200 free). She comes from Irvine Novaquatics, which is where Courtney Mykkanen came from. However, she's club teammates with Isabelle Odgers (2018 Trojan commit), Owen Kao (2018 Trojan commit), and Andrew Koustik (2018 Horns commit). Not to mention, current Lady Longhorn swimmer Rebecca Millard is also from Nova so that may be taken into consideration. Her backstroke times are also similar to that of Chloe's, and maintains a solid 100 fly/200 IM.

Zoie- She comes from the Crow Canyon Sharks,, which is where Maddie and 2018 commit Daniel O'Connell on the men's side come from. I doubt that the Furds would want her as they have freshman Grace and 2018 commits Zoe and Allie holding down breast pretty well. Her 50 free time of 22.94 is solid, and her 100/200 free times of 49.15/1:47.67 are very developmental, and could make for a key player on the 800 free relay especially since both Thleen and Katie McL are on that relay.
Thanks for the in-deep analysis of how they are related to Cal

Actually, for Chloe, I see her more of an Emma Muzzy (NC State commit)-like swimmer, with a good 200 IM (I'm pretty sure Emma had around the same time too) with backstroke being her strongest stroke. Think her lineup would be similar to Keaton's and Thleen's (if she were to come here haha), with 100/200 back, 200 IM.

For Miranda, I can't decide whether she'd swim 200/500/1650 or 500/1650/400 IM. Probably wouldn't be a relay player, and her times seem to be pretty much equal w/ Chenoa's.
(Miranda: 1:46.7/4:41.5/16:28.5/4:15.9 400 IM; Chenoa: 1:48.3/4:41.1/16:04.3/4:13.5)
I don't see Teri recruiting someone with the same times as Chenoa, but if she could drop more time (esp. in 200 free), it might add a lot more value to her.

Ayla has pretty much the same times as Chloe in backstroke (actually, they both go 53.46 in 100 back), just a bit slower in 200 back. Both have times similar to current frosh Sophie K-Z. As I was looking through her best times, I noticed that they were all done pretty recently, indicating a high improvement curve (similar to baby bear Ema Rajic's improvement curve in breast) which could be pretty promising.

Okay, so other than Ivey, my top choice for 2019 would be Zoie Hartman, as she's a breaststroker but can also sprint a 50 free AND swim a good 200 IM. I feel like most breaststrokers are either 100/200 breast and 50 free or 100/200 breast and 200 IM, so this is exciting. Also, she dropped loads of time @ Junior Nats just recently. For example, she was 2:00.0 in 200 IM coming into Juniors, but then dropped a 1:58 @ prelims, and then lowered in back down to a 1:57.7. Her 200 breast progress is similar: 2:11.8 before Juniors, then went a 2:10.5 in prelims, and finally, a 2:08.6 in finals. Also dropped a second in 100 breast. Both her 100 and 200 breast would rank #3 in the All-Times List.

The #4 California recruit, Alexandra Crisera, swims at Southern California Swimming & Mira Costa HS (swimmer19, could you find any connections to Cal?) She has solid 50/100/200 free times (22.4/48.8/1:47.0) and projects as a free/back swimmer.
swimmer19
bearz012 said:

swimmer19 said:

bearz012 said:

Zoie- She comes from the Crow Canyon Sharks,, which is where Maddie and 2018 commit Daniel O'Connell on the men's side come from. I doubt that the Furds would want her as they have freshman Grace and 2018 commits Zoe and Allie holding down breast pretty well. Her 50 free time of 22.94 is solid, and her 100/200 free times of 49.15/1:47.67 are very developmental, and could make for a key player on the 800 free relay especially since both Thleen and Katie McL are on that relay

The #4 California recruit, Alexandra Crisera, swims at Southern California Swimming & Mira Costa HS (swimmer19, could you find any connections to Cal?) She has solid 50/100/200 free times (22.4/48.8/1:47.0) and projects as a free/back swimmer.
bearz012- For Alexandra, I'm not sure if the club team Southern California Swimming refers to SoCal Aquatics, which is the team that 2018 commit Elise Garcia is from. If it is, however, then I truly believe we may have a shot at getting her if that is the case; however, I cannot guarantee this as Southern California Swimming is also coincidentally the name of the LSC...

UPDATE: Further research does incline that the "Southern California Swimming" refers to the LSC. She actually does her club swimming with Beach Cities Swimming. As of right now, we project no known ties to Cal in any way, but her sprint free times are a notch above the other in-staters in the class (50/100 free). If she were to come to Cal, she has potential to earn relay spots in the future.
UrsusArctosCalifornicus

Have just realised that I never got round to thanking bearz012 for the cracking research & enthusiasm in starting this thread, and swimmer19 as well for all their valued contributions here!

Izzie remains my dream recruit for this class, having talked her up quite a bit on the board ever since her stellar 2016 Junior Pan Pacs exploits lol. The fragility of social media extrapolations and Isabel's friendship with Baby Bear Cassidy aside haha, I'm keeping me fingers crossed that Ivey would like to keep her streak of beating her state rival (baby furdette) Morgan alive by continuing that tradition @ Cal come 2019 :p If that's somehow not meant to be, then surely Izzy would feel right at home staying with the Gators...for selfish reasons hehe, I'd be less crushed over that scenario for Izzie than one involving the Furd, Horns, Trojanettes or Dawgs!

Still haven't given up completely on Kate wearing the blue & gold - but at the same time realistically preparing to face the bleak possibility of her favouring the farm...although reckon Douglass' academics would be very well catered to by the Hoos who also happens to be on the rise in the pool after Coach Todd DeSorbo came over from the Wolfpack to replace Augie Busch. NC State also a fine choice though don't think KD's looking at them? Although currently less competitive swimming-wise, Blue Devils & Tar Heels would also be solid choices for the classroom-oriented swimmer if Kate wishes to stay on the East Coast or move down to the mid-Atlantic. Would naturally cheer her on to choosing these fine institutions, or even the improving ASU & transitioning UofA programmes, over LSJU & '$C...for yet again selfish reasons here lol

Have already started focussing on / been distracted by 2020 in the form of massively versatile Alex & Regan (ummm, latter may be a furd lean ~gulp~)...

But liking many of the 2019 in-state talent that have been extensively discussed on these pages, though have yet to settle on my go-to list other than the above pair from out-of-state. Zoie's one of the local candidates amongst the group who appears to check off many of the requisite swim qualities, but not yet convinced that she would be a natural fit with the team or with the school. Will have to do more research...or piggyback on the hard work of the other contributors here

I'd also take note of Jade & Faith from north of the border, feel that they should be on our radar even if internationals are hard to make any truly accurate predictions for (Kayla OTOH more likely to commit to the University of Toronto) - they've certainly attracted Salo's attention...

At any rate, I'm sure Coach Dunleavy was very proactively scouting & recruiting a lot of the names put forward on both this thread and the 2018 topic, when she made the road trip to Knoxville & Iowa for Winter Juniors back in Dec

Oh, for historical reference below...think we were already arguing the relative merits of the freshie class of 2019 & 2020 back on the 2018 thread...even on the 2017 one too
UrsusArctosCalifornicus said:

Women's Swim Recruits (2015)

Women's Swim Recruiting: Class of 2016

Women's Swim Recruiting: Class of 2017

2018 Women's Swimming Recruiting

bearz012

I'd also take note of Jade & Faith from north of the border, feel that they should be on our radar even if internationals are hard to make any truly accurate predictions for (Kayla OTOH more likely to commit to the University of Toronto) - they've certainly attracted Salo's attention...
https://instagr.am/p/BWpjOAOgHub
Jade and Faith visited 'SC in July 2017, and are both mostly looking at west coast schools (Cal, USC, ASU, LSJU) Doubt either are going to go to LSJU, but USC is defintely a contender. Jade's probably more likely to come to Cal than Faith, but don't forget that they can both just go to UofT and go pro at the same time.
bearz012

20 Question Tuesday: Regan Smith Part 1

20 Question Tuesday: Regan Smith Part 2

swimmer19

Have just realised that I never got round to thanking bearz012 for the cracking research & enthusiasm in starting this thread, and swimmer19 as well for all their valued contributions here!

Izzie remains my dream recruit for this class, having talked her up quite a bit on the board ever since her stellar 2016 Junior Pan Pacs exploits lol. The fragility of social media extrapolations aside haha, I'm keeping me fingers crossed that Ivey would like to keep her streak of beating her state rival (baby furdette) Morgan alive by continuing that tradition @ Cal come 2019 :p If that's somehow not meant to be, then surely Izzy would feel right at home staying with the Gators...for selfish reasons hehe, I'd be less crushed over that scenario for Izzie than one involving the Furd, Horns, Trojanettes or Dawgs!

Still haven't given up on Kate wearing the blue & gold, but at the same time preparing to face the bleak possibility of her favouring the farm...although reckon Douglass' academics would be very well catered to by the Cavaliers, Blue Devils or Tar Heels, and would naturally cheer her on to choosing these fine institutions, or ASU & UofA, over LSJU & '$C!

Have already started focussing on 2020 in the form of massively versatile Alex & Regan (ummm, latter may be a furd lean ~gulp~)... But liking many of the 2019 in-state talent that have been extensively discussed on these pages, with perhaps Zoie being one of the frontrunners amongst the group for me.

At any rate, I'm sure Coach Dunleavy was very proactively scouting & recruiting a lot of the names put forward on both this thread and the 2018 topic, when she made the road trip to Knoxville & Iowa for Winter Juniors back in Dec

Oh, for historical reference below...think we were already arguing the relative merits of the freshie class of 2019 & 2020 back on the 2018 thread...even on the 2017 one too

Women's Swim Recruits (2015)

Women's Swim Recruiting: Class of 2016

Women's Swim Recruiting: Class of 2017

2018 Women's Swimming Recruiting

UAC- thanks for providing all of the links to the previous forums!

What I think we should be asking right now, is what exactly do we need to replace in 2019?

Well, we're at a loss of points in Thleen's backstrokes/200 IM, Katie McL's 200 Fly (I'm not entirely sure what she swam at NCs), and Amy's sprints/backstrokes, and the relay values of the big three.

Isabel and Zoie, as we have all discussed extensively, are the must-haves for this class. Isabel being an everything can-do perfectly well swimmer, and Zoie bringing in breaststroke talent with a mean 50 free/200IM.

The only part where I would see that we would need Kate D. is for sprint free and relay value. As you all know, she's gone almost sub-22 flat start, and with Amy being a big part of the 200 free relay, would be a nice substitute to that.

The Canadian ladies have an in with frosh Sarah Darcel, although it's very hard to predict internationals.

Previously, as I mentioned, Miranda Heckman was one of the 5 in-state recruits that we would need for this class. However, as someone mentioned, she has very similar, if not, almost exact same times as Chenoa. I believe that if we can recruit Miranda, and train both her and Chenoa to NCAA scoring levels (let's not get too wild about this) then it can offset the margin of distance points between us and the Furd.
swimmer19

Izzie remains my dream recruit for this class, having talked her up quite a bit on the board ever since her stellar 2016 Junior Pan Pacs exploits lol. The fragility of social media extrapolations aside haha, I'm keeping me fingers crossed that Ivey would like to keep her streak of beating her state rival (baby furdette) Morgan alive by continuing that tradition @ Cal come 2019 :p If that's somehow not meant to be, then surely Izzy would feel right at home staying with the Gators...for selfish reasons hehe, I'd be less crushed over that scenario for Izzie than one involving the Furd, Horns, Trojanettes or Dawgs!
The only reason I would see Isabel heading to the Gators other than it being at home would be that she has the connection between the Buchholz coach, Tina Bates, whose daughter is Talia (UF commit 2019)
bearz012
swimmer19 said:

Well, we're at a loss of points in Thleen's backstrokes/200 IM, Katie McL's 200 Fly (I'm not entirely sure what she swam at NCs), and Amy's sprints/backstrokes, and the relay values of the big three.

The only part where I would see that we would need Kate D. is for sprint free and relay value. As you all know, she's gone almost sub-22 flat start, and with Amy being a big part of the 200 free relay, would be a nice substitute to that.

The Canadian ladies have an in with frosh Sarah Darcel, although it's very hard to predict internationals.
Katie swam the 200/500 free and the 200 fly. I think what's more important is her excellent 200/500 freestyles, since I'm confident that Cassidy can go just as fast in the 200 fly with a year of training. We don't really have a replacement for Katie's important roles on the 800 free relay, as well as her mid-distance free (thinking about it, apart from Robin and Katie, do we have any mid-distance free swimmer?)

Not to spread bad luck, but I won't be surprised if Kate heads over to UVA, where former NC State coach Todd Desorbo has been recruiting a bunch of sprinters and doing well with their current sprinters.

If you ever are wondering what anyone swam @ NC's: http://i.turner.ncaa.com/sites/default/files/images/2017/03/20/di_womens_swim_dive_championship_full_meet_results.pdf
bearz012
bearz012 said:

100 back: Katharine Berkoff (#11 Nat, #1 MT): 51.95
200 back: Katharine Berkoff (#11 Nat, #1 MT): 1:53.61
bearz012 said:

Katharine Berkoff is following UGA, OSU, ASU (and their coaches), Tennessee, UofA, Louisville, NC State, UVA (+ coaches), UNC, USC, and Michigan. She's not following Cal or Stanford, but she is following Coach Dunleavy (who's following her back!) which at least means Teri (or at least Sarah) is interested in recruiting her She's followed by UGA, USC, Michigan, UVA (+ coaches), UofA, ASU (+ coahes), Louisville, OSU, NC State (+ coaches).

KATHARINE BERKOFF JUMPS TO 9TH IN AGE GROUP HISTORY AT WASHINGTON OPEN

Missoula Aquatic Club swimmer Katharine Berkoff climbed the ladder on Friday at the 2018 Washington Open and continued to build her own history book in the backstroke races. The 16-year old won the girls' 200 yard back in 1:52.26, which jumped her from her previous rank as 18th-best in the age group's history all the way to 9th, moving her ahead of backstroking legends like Missy Franklin and Elizabeth Beisel.

---

Berkoff (#11 Nat, #1 MT) is one to watch. She recently dropped a 51.95 in the 100 at Junior Nats, but was beaten by Furd Commit Lucie Nordmann in the 200 back, but again dropped even more time at this meet. Original best times before this season were 52.65 and 1:53.64. She's the daughter of Olympian David Berkoff, who attended Harvard.
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
bearz012 said:

Berkoff (#11 Nat, #1 MT) is one to watch. She recently dropped a 51.95 in the 100 at Junior Nats, but was beaten by Furd Commit Lucie Nordmann, but again dropped even more time at this meet. Original best times before this season were 52.65 and 1:53.64. She's the daughter of Olympian David Berkoff, who attended Harvard.
Good call there, +1 on adding Katharine Berkoff (#11 Nat, #1 MT) to the shortlist!

Social media may not be all that of a reliable source lol, but KB has been "liking" a bunch of our womens' posts, FWIW. Besides, her initials would fit right in here, alongside Kathleen & Keaton...

However, Katharine's casting her net far & side, so we could have competition from schools & programmes as diverse as the Furdettes, Dawgs, Trojans, Wolfpack, Wolverines, Cardinals, Cavaliers, Tar Heels, Volunteers, Sun Devils, Buckeyes, Kentucky Wildcats, Seminoles...to name but a few!

I'm also warming up quite a bit to this pair as of late ... both have been discussed earlier on this thread as well as the 2018 recruits topic:

• 1) Mary Smutny (#8 Nat, #2 FL)
    Mary may or may not be considering recruiting trips to check out the Cavaliers, Wolfpack, Gators & Seminoles (in addition to Bears).
  • 2) Miranda Heckman (#16 Nat, #2 CA)
    Some of our swim rivals vying for Miranda's commitment may include the Furdettes, Trojanettes, Hoosiers, Aggies & Horns. Heckman's from the same club team as swim alumna Celina & Baby Bear Chris J.

Miranda was hanging out at Uytengsu Aquatics Ctr today (Trojans pool), incidentally.

bearz012 said:

For my third recruit, I struggled on whether I'd prefer a local or a swimmer that we have a connection with (Carmel Swim Club), but ultimately, for my third recruit, it'd be Chloe Clark (#17 Nat, #3 CA). You might be wondering as to why I chose such a "lower-ranked" recruit, it's because of her versatility. I tried to find the most versatile recruits, and I think that a lot of the distance swimmers (Donohoe, Heckman, Sims) are ranked too high, especially when they can only swim 500/1000/1650 free (I'm a fan of distance freestylers, don't get me wrong.) However, Chloe is pretty versatile, with her weakest stroke being butterfly, in which she still has a solid time of 55.15, though her best event is IM.

Hmmm, I believe that Chloe does have more than a passing interest in Bears, so yet another talented 2019 recruit to keep an eye on...will leave it to swimmer19 to post any corroborating evidence of this
HBear
May be mistaken, but it does seem as if Mary Smutney and Miranda Heckman are both following Teri's Instagram, which is doubly promising given the recent conception of the account and her relatively low number of following/follower users! (Though again, social media means a smidgen in the glimpse of reality interactions, interest, and otherwise. Was hopeful, however!)
swimmer19
So I made the trip to ATX for the PSS this past weekend, and while watching the new format of swimming, scouted out some recruits.

The in-state (TX) swimmers have their high school champs (districts/regionals/state) coming up in the next two weeks, and are likely using this as a tune-up meet before taper begins!

So, I've compiled a list of recruits (most, or pretty much all are from Texas) potential list of recruits we may want to focus on:

-Emma Sticklen (2020, Katy Aquatic Club, Katy, TX): Primarily fly/free (sprinter), with a strong 100 back. Also big short course swimmer. She broke Cammile Adam's pool record (100 fly) at high school regionals last year as a freshie, if that isn't indicative of her talent. Also an NISCA All-American, UIL (basically TX's CIF) Academic All-State, and finaled in every single event she swam at 2017 Winter Juniors minus 100 free (2nd alternate). Huge improvement curve as well. I have attached a pic of her and Emma Stephenson, 2019 TX recruit, both are also friends with Emma Carlton (2018 TAMU Commit). I work with the UIL specifically with her school district, which explains my in-depth-ness on her. https://instagr.am/p/Bd5O2vAlBwa(edit: this morning, apparently Dana Vollmer had helped her with her straps (tech suit) and gave her tips on swimming fast!)

-Regan Smith (you saw this one coming): Stellar swims as usual, but is apparently "beat up with training." https://swimswam.com/regan-smith-59-3-100-back-im-pretty-beaten-video/

-Claire Donan (2020, Triton Swimming, Louisville, KY): Well the KY State meet follows the TX schedule, supposed to come within the next several weeks, so her performances aren't indicative of her talent. Longtime competitor of our 2019 recruit Zoie, she excels in the breaststrokes and IM. Finaled in the breaststrokes and IMs at Knoxville, went a best time in the 200 back as well there. Solid freestyles (esp. 200) as well.

-Lillie Nordmann (2020, Magnolia Aquatic Club, The Woodlands, TX): She's the sister of Lucie (Furd commit), so that will make a heavy impact on her decision. Also was spotted with a Furd t-shirt on as well... May be influenced by Kaitlynn Sims, the two are club teammates, and Emily Reese, longhorns swimmer. She's an excellent flyer/freestyler (broke 1:00 in the LC 100 fly this past weekend for the first time!) and holds a sufficient IM. Brings in lots of relay value as well.

Some underrated TX recruits:

-Ella Collins (2019, Austin Swim Club, ATX): Another Texas recruit. She's very well suited in her event(s), 100/200 free. More than proficient back/fly. Literally BFFs with the ASC crew (Kendall Shields (lady longhorns 2018 commit), Diana Dunn (UofL 2018 commit), Dakota Luther (UGA 2018 commit)), so that will influence her decision in one way or another.

-Katherine Zenick (2020, Lakeside Aquatic Club, Southlake, TX): Same event repertoire as Emma Sticklen (similar times minus freestyles), but with a nicely added 200/400IM as well. However, she's high school teammates with 2018 Furd commit Jack LeVant and 2018 Horns commit Alex Zettle, so...??? Also was club teammates with current furdie Lauren Pitzer.

-Emma Wheal (2019, Western Hills Athletic Club, ATX): Her coach is Ian Crocker, Horns alum, so that may be played in the game. HS teammates with Dakota Luther and Morgan Johnson, the latter of whom is headed to GTech. Sprint everything (minus breast), so briings in high relay values.

-Lindsay Looney (2019, Metroplex Aquatics, Denison, TX): This meet looked to be an off-meet times wise. But then again, its almost taper time for literally everyone in TX, so I'm not blaming her. Club teammates with Vanessa Pearl, UF commit 2018, and repped the US at World Cup this past fall. Big IMer, and great at the events most "normal" swimmers try to stay away from. (200 fly, anyone??)

-Kaitlynn Sims (2019, Magnolia Aquatic Club, Montgomery(??), TX): So. No HS connections (rather isolated part of the HTX metro area), club teammates with Lucie and Lillie Nordmann, the former of whom will be reppin the Furd. Also former teammates with Emily Reese, current lady longhorn swimmer. Big-time distance swimmer and great 4IMer.

-Most TX teams competing, lack their all-star guys, and I'm not as familiar with the boys who competed here, so I'm not going to mention anything due to my lack of familiarity with them.
swimmer19

Hmmm, I believe that Chloe does have more than a passing interest in Bears, so yet another talented 2019 recruit to keep an eye on...will leave it to swimmer19 to post any corroborating evidence of this

I found this on the web while doing more research:

http://vsco.co/cchloeclarkk/media/583264e646657e543961fe55

and this:

http://vsco.co/cchloeclarkk/media/5867fc52d698e612b3e2b484

2019 recruit Chloe Clark is seen in the first pic with current frosh Bryce, while in the second pic, I believe that's a Cal hoodie or jacket of some sort on her
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
swimmer19 said:

-Ella Collins (2019, Austin Swim Club, ATX): Another Texas recruit. She's very well suited in her event(s), 100/200 free. More than proficient back/fly. Literally BFFs with the ASC crew (Kendall Shields (lady longhorns 2018 commit), Diana Dunn (UofL 2018 commit), Dakota Luther (UGA 2018 commit)), so that will influence her decision in one way or another.

-Emma Wheal (2019, Western Hills Athletic Club, ATX): Her coach is Ian Crocker, Horns alum, so that may be played in the game. HS teammates with Dakota Luther and Morgan Johnson, the latter of whom is headed to GTech. Sprint everything (minus breast), so briings in high relay values.

-Lindsay Looney (2019, Metroplex Aquatics, Denison, TX): This meet looked to be an off-meet times wise. But then again, its almost taper time for literally everyone in TX, so I'm not blaming her. Club teammates with Vanessa Pearl, UF commit 2018, and repped the US at World Cup this past fall. Big IMer, and great at the events most "normal" swimmers try to stay away from. (200 fly, anyone??)

Good stuff, swimmer19!

Just to put faces to a few of these names, see below...I'm certain Bears swim alumna Coach Carol would love to hook all of 'em for the Horns!

Kelly Pash (#6 Nat, #1 IN), Ella Collins (#59 Nat, #5 TX), Lindsay Looney (#17 Nat, #2 TX), Emma Wheal (#51 Nat, #4 TX), Cora Dupre (#35 Nat, #1 OH), Ella Nelson (#13 Nat, #1 TN)

swimmer19

swimmer19 said:

Good stuff, swimmer19!

Just to put faces to a few of these names, see below...I'm certain Bears swim alumna Coach Carol would love to hook all of 'em for the Horns!

Kelly Pash (#6 Nat, #1 IN), Ella Collins (#59 Nat, #5 TX), Lindsay Looney (#17 Nat, #2 TX), Emma Wheal (#51 Nat, #4 TX), Cora Dupre (#35 Nat, #1 OH), Ella Nelson (#13 Nat, #1 TN)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.