Why No Talk About Baseball

6,070 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Baller4
socaliganbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Baller4 said:

Bear8995 said:

Furd player didn't run out the ground ball at the end. Claims it hit his foot.

Perhaps it did. But we also should have had another run on a pitch that was called for a 2nd strike instead of ball 4 in the 7th. So everything evens out.

I will also say that it was comforting to see Esquer hasn't changed. Same strategies employed. So predictable. Guy on 1st, next guy bunts. Only their guy couldn't lay it down.

Glad Ladrech got the win. He pitched a heck of a game.

Go Bears!
I guess you don't watch much baseball. It's called manufacturing a run. So I guess the player not laying it down was Esquer's fault? Didn't matter, I think that was Tawa who did not execute the bunt. He worked Cal's pitching staff in game 2 and 3. I thought Neu was the second coming of Milano. Well he is, he could not beat Esquer to win this series. I went to game 1, and 2 where Cal got spanked. I am still trying to figure out why Neu got all hot when Reyes who was talking trash in game one, got it back when he checked swing strike three. Reyes wanted to start something and Neu came out and complained.

I guess the different this year, Esquer is ranked #2 in the nation, and Cal is not even ranked. Esquer would have had this Cal team ranked in the top 25. You gotta love how Neu threw in the towel in game 2, when I have seen this team come back from 6 even 8 runs down.

LMFAO. Yeah, just look at the nearly 2 decades of evidence. Totally would have had this team ranked.
Baller4
Bear8995 said:

I may be an Idiot but the fact that you have to resort to name calling says way more about you than me.

I had nothing against Esquer while he was here and rooted for him to succeed. That said, I don't think he was as successful as he could have been for whatever reason.

Gotta love that ignore feature.
Sorry to have hurt your feelings. You are the genius equivalent to Cliff Gustafson when it comes to college baseball. You had nothing against Esquer, but felt it was the right time to critique what every baseball coach does to manufacture a run with a power hitter coming up next in the lineup. Dashbauch was following Tawa in the situation that you felt it was a good time to knock Esquer. I am sure your Ron Frasseresque coaching style in the local 6U T-Ball league is appropriate for every situation. Just sit back and smack it as hard as you can, you are all All-Stars!!!!!

Looking past the assumption that every program at Cal is a winner, you should be able to see why programs are not as successful as someone like you expect them to be. In Esquer's case, he had the ghost of Milano hovering over this program. MIlano was hurt because none of his staff was considered for this job when Kasser was AD. So throughout Esquer's 18 years, he was lurking in the background trying to make sure Esquer would not be successful. Administration made it easy for Hubbs to leave, as a matter of fact, I think he left before getting the job at USC. Neu may ride the storm, as he will have Milano's backing because Milano recruited Neu. Yet Neu passed up Cal to go to Miami. As Neu walked out on all these recruits that he is now reaping the benefits from now. Dub Kilgo was the coordinator at ASU back in Jim Brock's era, players did not go because of Kilgo, they wanted to play for Brock!

Maybe Esquer would have stayed, but from sources, I heard they could not give him a guarantee that the program would last past three years. Remember, Cal has that financial cluster F*&k going on right now for athletics. They got Neu on the cheap, because, what well established coach would come to Cal and take over with no guarantee of a future.

It's all relative when it comes to the state of this program today, it is in better shape than it was 18 years ago Cal/Milano got what they wanted!
Baller4
https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/college-baseball-projected-field-of-64-5218/

Start of the year, this team was projected in a regional. Today, snake eyes!!! I guess that preseason schedule did not help!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.