2020 Women's Swimming Recruiting

140,251 Views | 282 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by UrsusArctosCalifornicus
tedbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
She is from nearby Maryland, so Phoebe to Virginia makes perfect sense to me. Unfortunately, this probably also means that AW, who visited Virginia, is heading somewhere else, while I was hoping she would land with Cavaliers. The dark side has a strong pull on AW. The regulars know who is number one on my wish list .
swimmer19
bearz012 said:

2nd recruiting weekend for UK...going after 2020 recruits hard after one visited last time alongside the 2019 recruits.

Morgan Jones (#623 Nat, #23 NC), ??, Hannah Ownbey (#95 Nat, #3 SC), Sofie Davis *committed* (#240 Nat, #22 VA), Georgia Johnson (#179 Nat, #16 VA), Amanda Ray (#32 Nat, #2 NC), #14 Paige Hetrick, Kaylyn Schoof (#24 Nat, #1 WI)

Also at the recruiting trip were Paige McCormick (#64 Nat, #2 OH) & Julia Heimstead (#148 Nat, #6 IL)

Amanda Ray, a National Junior Teamer who visited Kentucky and possibly other top programs, verbaled to the Gators today:

I'm so excited to announce my verbal commitment to swim and study at the University of Florida!! I could never have gotten here if it wasn't for my amazing teammates and coaches!! I can't wait to be a gator!!

2nd commit for the Gators, as Kenady Beil verbaled this past weekend:

VERSATILE KENADY BEIL HANDS FLORIDA ITS 1ST VERBAL COMMITMENT FOR 2020-21

"I am beyond excited to announce my verbal commitment to swim and study at the University of Florida! I would not be here without the support of family, friends, & coaches!! can't wait to be a part of such and [sic] amazing program and group of girls! GO GATORS"
bearz012
swimmer19 said:

Elysse Pardus and Colby Hurt both on their 3rd recruit trip, this time to Auburn:

Elysse Pardus, Colby Hurt
JUNIORS A-FINALIST COLBY HURT OF 757 SWIM VERBALS TO AUBURN FOR 2020

CS ranking: #47 Nat, #4 VA

-----

Madison: "Thankful for the opportunity to announce my verbal commitment to further my academics and athletics at the University of Florida. I couldn't have gotten here without all of my coaches, friends, and family. I can't wait to be a a gator! #gogators"

MADISON KOLESSAR SENDS VERBAL COMMITMENT TO FLORIDA FOR 2020-21

CS ranking: #34 Nat, #3 PA

---

Katelyn: "I am beyond honored to say I've verbally committed to the University of Tennessee! They have such an outstanding program and phenomenal coaches, I fell in love the moment I stepped on the pool deck. My favorite thing about the team would be the energy they bring to every meet, I feel like it's really easy to swim fast when you're having fun and cheering on your teammates. I am proud to be considered a lady vol and I can't wait to swim for coach Matt and coach Ashley."

KATELYN YULE VERBALLY COMMITS TO TENNESSEE FOR 2020-21

CS ranking as of verbal: #249 Nat, #17 CA

---

Brynn: "Thankful to have the opportunity to continue my academic and athletic career at auburn university and for my friends, family, and coaches who helped me along the way!! #wareagle"

BRYNN CURTIS GIVES AUBURN THEIR 2ND VERBAL COMMITMENT FOR 2020-21

CS ranking as of verbal: #170 Nat, #15 VA

---

Kalli: "Beyond excited to announce my verbal commitment to swim and further my education at The University of Michigan. Thank you to my family, teammates, and coaches who have helped me on this journey. #GoBlue!"

MICHIGAN SNAGS VERBAL COMMITMENT FROM KALLI FAMA FOR 2020

CS ranking as of verbal: #239 Nat, #3 AZ

---

Elise: "I chose Florida because it is an academic and swimming powerhouse. I am grateful for my parents and coaches who helped me get here and am so excited to swim for one of the best schools in the country. I know that Coach Poppell will help me get to the next level of my swimming career."

FHSAA 3A RUNNER-UP ELISE BAUER VERBALS TO FLORIDA GATORS FOR 2020

CS ranking as of verbal: #53 Nat, #2 FL
swimmer19
UrsusArctosCalifornicus said:

#3 Isabelle Stadden taking a tour of Ann Arbor this weekend, showing up @ the Big House with Janessa Mathews (#44 Nat, #1 OH) - 2020, Hanna Henderson (ON) - 2020? & Katja Pavicevic (#68 Nat, #4 ON) - 2019.

Should belong on the 2019 thread, but since she's mentioned here, Katja Pavicevic -> UCSD

"It gives me great pleasure to announce my commitment to continue my swimming and academic career at the University of California San Diego! I am looking forward to becoming a valuable contributor to the Tritons' upcoming and talented team, and further developing my swimming at the highest level. Thankful for my parents, friends, and coaches who have helped me get to where I am today and a huge thank you to my future coaches David Marsh and Marko Djordjevic for making me feel at home from the moment I stepped on campus. I know that UCSD is the perfect school for me to succeed both in and out of the pool and I can't wait to be a part of this amazing family! GO TRITONS!"

CS ranking as of commit: #72 Nat, #4 ON

OBear073akaSMFan
Wonder if any recruits came visiting for the Colorado game since the swim team would be unavailable for the furd's game. Could had worked out perfectly with the long Thanksgiving weekend.
swimmer19

Meanwhile, Elysse Pardus (#66 Nat, #2 SC) joined a group of 2020 recruits, along with several 2019 Vols commits, @ Neyland Stadium (cheers to bearz012 for the find!):

Elysse (#69 Nat) visited Georgia recently, perhaps the same weekend as Alex Walsh?

She's taken all her trips, having visited Florida before her Tennessee trip, followed by Kentucky, Auburn, then UGA.
UrsusArctosCalifornicus

#4 Olivia Bray (CS ranking as of verbal: #4 Nat, #1 VA) -> UT

Botetourt swim phenom Bray picks Texas

"If you're a top-level swimmer, you're committing your junior year," said Doug Fonder, head coach of the Roanoke Gators, the year-around program with which Bray trains.

Bray made her decision Oct. 3. She had wanted to wait until Jan. 1.

"I instantly fell in love with Texas on my recruiting trip," Bray said. "Honestly, I didn't think [a commitment] would happen this early. You feel a little bit rushed, or at least I did."

OBear073akaSMFan said:

Another top 10 gone. Hard to recruit if we aren't bringing them here for a recruiting trip. Saving for them for the big game?
...what with the brutally accelerated pace of earlier & earlier recruiting/verbals in the aftermath of those NCAA rule changes... Keep in mind that the window of opportunity for recruiting visits this semester will narrow in the not too distant future - Thanksgiving, Bears away @ Athens for the UGA Invite, Finals 2nd week of Dec, etc. ... competing programmes may have put a hard deadline on a promising prospect to commit after their early visit to their institution, which can increase our chances of "losing" these recruits before they ever get a chance to discover that they can be a great/better fit with Bears

THE EVER CHANGING FACE OF COLLEGE RECRUITING

In case you have been out of the country for the past year here are some of the more significant rules changes that went into effect over the past several months.
  • High school juniors can take official recruiting visits
  • Coaches can text juniors
  • The two signing periods have been merged into one (second Wednesday in November-August 1)
  • Recruits are not allowed to meet with college coaches on unofficial visits prior to their junior year.
  • College coaches are allowed in most instances to stack academic scholarships with athletic scholarships.
  • Swimming and Diving scholarships are allowed to be guaranteed beyond the first year.
  • Cost of attendance is being provided by a lot of schools now that is over and above an athletic scholarship.

Here are some observations on how these rules have changed the face of recruiting for swimming and diving.
  • Verbal commitments are at an all-time high. SwimSwam lists nearly 400 swimmers/divers who gave their verbal commitment before the signing period this year. In September of 2018, they listed 180 and in September of 2017, they listed 55.
  • Last year American College Connection had 4 high school juniors give their verbal commitments. This year we have 26 juniors give their verbal.
  • September 1 of the Junior year has become a pivotal date. This is the first time a D-I coach can contact a recruit via email or text.
  • Many junior recruits are being offered official visits during the fall of their junior year and many of those are being offered scholarships with deadlines to decide
  • Coaches are using social media to find out about recruits.
  • Coaches seem to be investing in a recruit's potential more today.
  • Coaches are recruiting a lot more international swimmers and divers.
  • Recruits are being asked to take the SAT/ACT earlier in their junior year. This helps the coaches find academic aid for the recruit.
  • Juniors are being asked to call coaches.
  • Coaches are using Junior Days to get recruits to take unofficial visits.
  • Swimmers and Divers must start the recruiting process earlyat least at the beginning of their sophomore year and preferably in their freshman year.
  • A lot of coaches have given their scholarships to high school juniors and are running out of money much earlier than ever before. I know of three D-I programs that are finished with their recruiting for the next two years!
  • Some coaches have told us that there are limiting or no longer offering official visits to high school seniors.
  • Coaches seem to be filling their rosters earlier than ever before. This greatly affects swimmers who want to wait to decide on a school or who are willing to walk-on.
Swimmingnerd
Katherine Berkoff > NC STATE
Swimmingnerd
Wolfpack Snaps Up #3 Katherine Berkoff
canswim13
Looks like Faith Nelson (BC) off to University of Arizona, as per her Instagram bio:

https://www.instagram.com/faithknelson/
swimmer19

Casey Chung -> Michigan

"I'm so excited to announce my verbal commitment to swim for the University of Michigan! Thank you to all my family, teammates, and coaches for all the support. Go blue"

bearz012
bearz012 said:

#14 Paige Hetrick {PA}: Kentucky, Penn State, Louisville
Don't know if this is an official visit or not, but Paige Hetrick took a visit to Texas recently:

---

Emma: "I'm extremely excited to announce my verbal commitment to Virginia Tech! Thank you to my family, coaches, friends, and teammates for all the support throughout the years! I'm so happy to be a part of the Hokie family #GoHokies #sergioszn"

2X NCSA CHAMPION EMMA ATKINSON VERBAL TO VIRGINA TECH FOR 2020

CS ranking as of verbal: #24 Nat, #1 PA

---

Kaylee: "I am so happy to announce my verbal commitment to attend the University of Kentucky; to further my education and swimming career. I want to thank my parents, family, coaches and teammates for your support. Go Cats!!"

KENTUCKY ADDS 2020 VERBAL COMMITMENT FROM KAYLEE WILLIAMS

CS ranking as of verbal: #71 Nat, #4 MI

---

Elizabeth: "I am beyond excited to announce my verbal commitment to study and swim at Indiana University! As an Indiana age group swimmer, I have always admired the academic and competitive excellence of this program. I am looking forward to achieving new goals with the coaching staff and my future teammates. I would like to thank my coaches, family, and friends for their continued support. Go Hoosiers!"

VERSATILE ELIZABETH BROSHEARS GIVES VERBAL NOD TO INDIANA FOR 2020-21

CS ranking as of verbal: #90 Nat, #2 IN
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
bearz012 said:

Jade and Faith visited 'SC in July 2017, and are both mostly looking at west coast schools (Cal, USC, ASU, LSJU) Doubt either are going to go to LSJU, but USC is defintely a contender. Jade's probably more likely to come to Cal than Faith

Sarah - please keep working on Jade, cos you'll make tedbear very happy lol

https://instagr.am/p/BsB3XD5nsXg
tedbear
Favorite recruit No. 2!
swimmer19

New Year, more recruits hosted down in Austin- looks like #2 Alex Walsh, #7 Emma Sticklen, #8 Quinn Schaedler, #16 Grace Cooper, #18 Lillie Nordmann, and an instater, Ellie McLeod (#144 Nat) are visiting the 'Whorns this weekend.

swimmer19
swimmer19 said:

New Year, more recruits hosted down in Austin- looks like #2 Alex Walsh, #7 Emma Sticklen, #8 Quinn Schaedler, #16 Grace Cooper, #18 Lillie Nordmann, and an instater, Ellie McLeod (#144 Nat) are visiting the 'Whorns this weekend.

Looks like Claire Donan (#2 KY, #34 Nat) was also in Austin this weekend:

Back: Lillie Nordmann, Quinn Schaedler, Grace Cooper, Alex Walsh, Ellie McLeod
Front: Emma Sticklen, Claire Donan
bearz012
#19 Anicka Delgado seen visiting USC for the second time today, seems like an $C lean.

---

Back: Zsfi Kurdi (#38 Nat - 2019)
Middle: Emma Steckiel (#121 Nat), #14 Paige Hetrick, Pyper Doo (#75 Nat), Madeline Burt (#158 Nat)
Front: Evelyn Bruner (#167 Nat), Meghan Lee (#94 Nat), Abby Gibbons (#66 Nat), Berit Quass (#78 Nat)

---

Claire Donan (#34 Nat), who has already visited Texas, Texas A&M, and Kentucky, seen visiting Michigan with Claire Tuttle (#100 Nat) here.

---

Kensley: "I am extremely excited to announce my verbal commitment to continue my athletic and academic career at Auburn University! I would like to thank my family, coaches, and friends for their support through this whole process! Can't wait to be a tiger!! #wareagle"

SWIMMAC'S KENSLEY MERRITT VERBALLY COMMITS TO AUBURN FOR 2020

https://instagr.am/p/Bst6iyTlrxl
CS ranking as of verbal: #115 Nat, #4 NC
Swimmingnerd
Looks like Louisville landed a new recruit... wonder who it was... Regan Smith was looking there...wonder if it was her....as they say "watch out world"

https://instagr.am/p/BsrSacxlHcW
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
Swimmingnerd said:

Looks like Louisville landed a new recruit... wonder who it was... Regan Smith was looking there...wonder if it was her....as they say "watch out world"

Thank you for the share! Interesting...

Regan Smith would certainly be more than worthy of a "watch out world" shoutout!

OTOH the Cardinals could be emulating the DeSorbo style of massively hyping up a good recruit who doesn't quite make the Top 5 or even Top 10 category lol

"Losing" the top recruit of the 2020 class to Louisville wouldn't likely go down well with the Furd, as Regan had been touted in several circles as an early furdette lean...

Speaking of the Cardinal (colour rather than the bird), I wouldn't be too surprised if Meehan & Slusser host their 2nd round of top flight prospects as early as this weekend on the Farm - #1 Regan & #2 Alex Walsh having already taken a trip along with sapling Lucie's sister, Lillie Nordmann

Believe our Bears are just about the only Top 10 Division I team who has yet to welcome any 2020 visitors, AFAIK.

swimmer19
Swimmingnerd said:

Perhaps a verbal from one amongst a group that recently visited over the weekend, in the form of Paige McCormick (#2 OH, #79 Nat), Liberty Williams (#6 CA, #56 Nat), Adeline Farrington (#2 GA, #46 Nat), and an unnamed recruit?

Top bookends: Paige McCormick, Liberty Williams
Front: ??, Adeline Farrington
swimmer19

#3 Isabelle Stadden taking a tour of Ann Arbor this weekend, showing up @ the Big House with Janessa Mathews (#44 Nat, #1 OH) - 2020, Hanna Henderson (ON) - 2020? & Katja Pavicevic (#68 Nat, #4 ON) - 2019.

Janessa: "I'm super excited to officially announce my verbal commitment to swim for The Ohio State University! So thankful for family, coaches, and friends who have helped me get to where I am today. Can't wait to be part of such a great team! #GoBucks"

Breaststroker Janessa Mathews Stays Local, Announces 2020 Verbal to Ohio State

UrsusArctosCalifornicus

Speaking of the Cardinal (colour rather than the bird), I wouldn't be too surprised if Meehan & Slusser host their 2nd round of top flight prospects as early as this weekend on the Farm - #1 Regan & #2 Alex Walsh having already taken a trip along with sapling Lucie's sister, #18 Lillie Nordmann

Looks like #7 Emma Sticklen (#11 Nat, #2 TX) & Emma Weyant (#13 Nat, #1 FL) are being wooed @ LSJU this weekend...
  • UPDATES =>
Other visitors to the Farm: Lola Mull (#22 Nat, #2 MI), Isabel Gormley (#27 Nat, #1 NY) & Samantha Pearson (#35 Nat, #2 CA).

These recruits are all very talented & smart student-athletes with impressive upside, so no surprise that they are sought after by the Stanford coaches!

OBear073akaSMFan

Believe our Bears are just about the only Top 10 Division I team who has yet to welcome any 2020 visitors, AFAIK.

Perplexing! Any guesses what the reason would be? Bad basketball team? Possibly negative comments from competing coaches?
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
OBear073akaSMFan said:

Bad basketball team?

lol

You'll have to put that question to our head coach at the next home dual I reckon :p

There's no denying the massive interest from many of the top recruits in taking a trip to Berkeley - it's just that I don't think that a formal group visit has been planned or offered to the 2020 class until this Spring semester at the earliest, for whatever reason (hopefully a sound one!).

Perhaps we'll get to finally welcome some talented 2020 visitors come 1-2 Feb (v. $C & UCLA)?

Or perhaps on 16 Feb (dual v. LSJU, will be shown on Pac-12 Networks) - which may actually not be the best timing if the furdette behemoth ends up dominating our Bears as is apparently expected by most of the so-called swim experts, for a spot of counter-recruiting!!...not that I buy into any of that rubbish mind you lol
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
swimmer19 said:

Swimmingnerd said:

Perhaps a verbal from one amongst a group that recently visited over the weekend, in the form of Paige McCormick (#2 OH, #79 Nat), Liberty Williams (#6 CA, #56 Nat), Adeline Farrington (#2 GA, #46 Nat), and an unnamed recruit?

I could be way off lol, but at a wild guess, could Louisville's mystery recruit (in the light pink) possibly be Rio Olympian Barbora Seemanova??

Would be a really great get for the Cardinals if that's really her...
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
bearz012 said:

bearz012 said:

#14 Paige Hetrick {PA}: Kentucky, Penn State, Louisville
Don't know if this is an official visit or not, but Paige Hetrick took a visit to Texas recently:
bearz012 said:

Middle: Emma Steckiel (#121 Nat), #14 Paige Hetrick, Pyper Doo (#75 Nat), Madeline Burt (#158 Nat)
Swimmingnerd said:

#14 Paige Hetrick -> Louisville

--------
  • UPDATE => now reported by SwimSwam:
2X YMCA NATIONAL CHAMPION #14 PAIGE HETRICK VERBALS TO LOUISVILLE

--------
bearz012

Adeline: "I am extremely thrilled to announce my verbal commitment to the University of Louisville!!! I could not have done it without the amazing support of my friends, family and coaches. I cannot wait to work with such an awesome team and coaching staff. So very thankful and excited to be a baby card #gocards"

LOUISVILLE SNAGS VERBAL FROM GEORGIA HS CHAMP ADELINE FARRINGTON

https://instagr.am/p/Bs1KHHbh8jn
CS ranking as of verbal: #46 Nat, #2 GA

---

Anna: "I'm super excited to announce my verbal commitment to further my academic and swimming career at the University of Kentucky!! As soon as I stepped foot on campus, I knew that was where I wanted to spend the next four years of my life! I want to thank all of my teammates, friends, family, and coaches for helping me get to this point. Go cats! "

6X SCHSL CHAMP ANNA HAVENS RICE VERBALS TO KENTUCKY FOR 2020

CS ranking as of verbal: #56 Nat, #1 SC

---

Hannah: "SO excited and humbled to announce my verbal commitment to further my swimming and academic career at Auburn University! I can't thank my parents, coaches, and teammates enough for the constant support and encouragement throughout this journey. I can't wait to be a part of the #AUfamily! War Eagle! #ThePlains #WDE"

4X SCHSL 5A STATE CHAMP HANNAH OWNBEY VERBALLY COMMITS TO AUBURN

CS ranking as of verbal: #81 Nat, #3 SC
UrsusArctosCalifornicus

OBear, fret not...

On the heels of the bloody fab news of #2 Destin Lasco committing to the Bear Bros for 2020, some rumours are already floating around of a forthcoming visit from the 2020 women recruits, headed by #2 Alex Walsh no less...
bearz012

Looks like #7 Emma Sticklen (#11 Nat, #2 TX) {not in the group photo below} & Emma Weyant (#13 Nat, #1 FL) {middle, in the light blue} are being wooed @ LSJU this weekend...

UPDATE => Referring to the top photo, from the Farm (not the one immediately above, in the quoted post, which is from UVa)

1) The recruit with the distinctive curls lol (sitting) = Lola Mull (#22 Nat, #2 MI)
  • 2) The recruit who's kneeling (thanks, s19!) = Isabel Gormley (#27 Nat, #1 NY)
  • 3) The recruit on our left (thanks, bearz012!) = Samantha Pearson (#35 Nat, #2 CA)

• Confirmed presence of Isabel Gormley (left) & Emma Sticklen (right)
    swimmer19

Speaking of the Cardinal (colour rather than the bird), I wouldn't be too surprised if Meehan & Slusser host their 2nd round of top flight prospects as early as this weekend on the Farm - #1 Regan & #2 Alex Walsh having already taken a trip along with sapling Lucie's sister, #18 Lillie Nordmann

Looks like #7 Emma Sticklen (#11 Nat, #2 TX) {not in the group photo below} & Emma Weyant (#13 Nat, #1 FL) {middle, in the light blue} are being wooed @ LSJU this weekend...

UPDATE => Referring to the top photo, from the Farm (not the one immediately above, in the quoted post, which is from UVa)

1) The recruit with the distinctive curls lol (sitting) = Lola Mull (#22 Nat, #2 MI)
  • 2) The recruit who's kneeling (thanks, s19!) = Isabel Gormley (#27 Nat, #1 NY)
  • 3) The recruit on our left (thanks, bearz012!) = Samantha Pearson (#35 Nat, #2 CA)

• 2020 visitors @ LSJU:

Samantha Pearson, Isabel Gormley, Lola Mull, Emma Sticklen, Emma Weyant, and Janelle Rudolph (#1 WA, #47 Nat)
    OBear073akaSMFan
    swimmer19 said:

• 2020 visitors @ LSJU:

Samantha Pearson, Isabel Gormley, Lola Mull, Emma Sticklen, Emma Weyant, and Janelle Rudolph (#1 WA, #47 Nat)
    Looks like Janelle Rudolph would have difficulty getting off of the blocks! I'm just saying 8-)!
    UrsusArctosCalifornicus
    OBear073akaSMFan said:

Looks like Janelle Rudolph would have difficulty getting off of the blocks! I'm just saying 8-)!

Haha, OBear!

Actually in reality Janelle has tremendous promise in the pool, great progression curve with really impressive versatility across all 4 strokes. Would be quite psyched if Rudolph was to consider Cal as one of her college choices, though am not aware of any indications that she has visited Berkeley at this point...
    UrsusArctosCalifornicus
    Quote:

Which 2020 Recruits are Visiting Which Schools? (rankings based on NCAA finish)

#1 Stanford: #1 Regan Smith, #2 Alex Walsh, #7 Emma Sticklen, #18 Lillie Nordmann, Emma Weyant (#13), Lola Mull (#22), Isabel Gormley (#27), Samantha Pearson (#35), Janelle Rudolph (#47)

#2 Cal: none

#4 Michigan: #3 Isabelle Stadden, #6 Phoebe Bacon, #8 Quinn Schaedler, #11 Kathryn Ackerman *commit*, Claire Donan (#34) *commit*, Emma Atkinson (#37), Janessa Matthews (#43), Sophie Housey (#55), Andrea Santander (#76), Noelle Kaufmann (#118) *commit*, Sophie Tuinman (#138), Casey Chung (#145) *commit*, Kalli Fama (#239) *commit* Hanna Henderson (? - CAN)

#5 Louisville: #1 Regan Smith, #12 Tristen Ulett *commit*, #13 Gabi Albiero *commit*, #14 Paige Hetrick *commit*, HM Ella Ristic, Adeline Farrington (#46) *commit*, Liberty Williams (#56), Paige McCormick (#79)

#6 Texas: #2 Alex Walsh, #3 Isabelle Stadden (x2), #4 Olivia Bray *commit*, #6 Phoebe Bacon, #7 Emma Sticklen, #8 Quinn Schaedler, #14 Paige Hetrick, #16 Grace Cooper, #17 Anna Keating, #18 Lillie Nordmann, Claire Donan (#34), Olivia Theall (#126), Ellie McLeod (#144)

#9 Virginia: #2 Alex Walsh, #4 Olivia Bray, #6 Phoebe Bacon, #9 Maxine Parker, #12 Tristen Ulett, #17 Anna Keating *commit*, #18 Lillie Nordmann, #20 Abby Harter *commit*, Emma Weyant (#11), Isabel Gormley (#27) Samantha Pearson (#31), Colby Hurt (#46), Andrea Santander (#76)

Last Updated: 1/20/19

Just to summarise then, LSJU has hosted 2 big recruiting weekends thus far for the Class of 2020, wooing a total of 9 top impact prospects who could immediately contribute to any top programme that would be lucky to recruit them:

a/ Weekend of 6 Oct 2018 => 3 visitors from HS Class of 2020
    b/ Weekend of 19 Jan 2019 => 6 visitors from HS Class of 2020
    5 swimmers (Megan Byrnes, Katie Drabot, Brooke Stenstrom, Allie Szekely, Erin Voss) + 1 diver (Haley Farnsworth) will have graduated by then for the furdette squad.
    bearz012
    bearz012 said:

Claire Donan (#34 Nat), who has already visited Texas, Texas A&M, and Kentucky, seen visiting Michigan with Claire Tuttle (#100 Nat) here.

Claire: "Super excited to announce my verbal commitment to study and swim at the University of Michigan! Thank you so much to my parents, coaches, and friends who have all supported me and helped me grow as a person and as an athlete over the years. Can't wait to see where my new journey will take me. Go Blue!"

MICHIGAN PICKS UP KENTUCKY HS CHAMP CLAIRE DONAN FOR 2020

CS ranking as of verbal: #34 Nat, #2 KY

---
    swimmer19
    swimmer19 said:

Swimmingnerd said:

Paige: "Beyond excited and honored to announce my verbal commitment to continue my academic and athletic career at the University of Louisville!!! Thank you to my family, coaches, and friends for supporting me throughout this whole process. I can't wait to be apart of the Louisville family! GO CARDS!!"

LOUISVILLE CARDINALS EARN 3RD VERBAL OF THE WEEKEND FROM PAIGE MCCORMICK

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.