Vaccine Redux - Vax up and go to Class

356,684 Views | 4606 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by bearister
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Zippergate said:

When did we become Oceania?

When I saw this ongoing bit 15 years ago or so, I looked at my wife and said, "We are completely f@ucked."

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bearister
1. A majority of Americans cannot name a single branch of government or explain what the Bill of Rights is;

2. 24% can't name the country that the U.S. fought in the Revolutionary War;

3. 2/3 don't know what the holding of Roe v. Wade is;

4. 2/3 don't know what the Food and Drug Administration does;

5. 50% don't know each state has two senators;

6. More than 50% can't name their congressman;

7. The average voter thinks 24% of the U.S. budget goes to foreign aid (less than 1% does);

8. 18% thinks the sun revolves around the earth;

9. 50% don't know that Judaism predates Christianity

*But 90% of Americans under 30 know that the Kardashians bleach their a$$h@les.
AunBear89
Big C said:

<snip>
I know, as a people, we've always had sort of an anti-intellectual streak, but when did we become "the stupid country"?

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
bearister
Fauci: US 'would still have polio and smallpox' with false info

https://mol.im/a/9799083

*They couldn't have made an iron lung big enough to accommodate tRumps tub o guts.

helltopay1
Hate to post this but.....just saw panel of Dr's discussing the vaccines ( mostly moderna) According to one Dr. , who is treating vaccinated patients, that , because of inevitable clotting in the lungs, folks will die within 3 years...(Nothing can be done at this point)

Takeaway....Get your affairs in order..
dimitrig
helltopay1 said:

Hate to post this but.....just saw panel of Dr's discussing the vaccines ( mostly moderna) According to one Dr. , who is treating vaccinated patients, that , because of inevitable clotting in the lungs, folks will die within 3 years...(Nothing can be done at this point)

Which Fox News program was that?

BearForce2
dimitrig said:

helltopay1 said:

Which Fox News program was that?

Here's the video I think helltopay is referring to.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
Big C
bearister said:

1. A majority of Americans cannot name a single branch of government or explain what the Bill of Rights is;

2. 24% can't name the country that the U.S. fought in the Revolutionary War;

3. 2/3 don't know what the holding of Roe v. Wade is;

4. 2/3 don't know what the Food and Drug Administration does;

5. 50% don't know each state has two senators;

6. More than 50% can't name their congressman;

7. The average voter thinks 24% of the U.S. budget goes to foreign aid (less than 1% does);

8. 18% thinks the sun revolves around the earth;

9. 50% don't know that Judaism predates Christianity

*But 90% of Americans under 30 know that the Kardashians bleach their a$$h@les.

ROTFLMAO!!! The Food and Drug Administration (along with the Department of Transportation) ought to prevent those ice cream trucks from running over people! (referencing the Jay Leno video)
Big Dog
Zippergate said:

dimitrig said:

Zippergate said:

Posted on Twitter by Dr. Robert Malone, inventor of mRNA technology

"Many have been asking for this. Pfizer adolescent Risk / benefit calculations based on official CDC data, forwarded to me by an actuary. Please prove these wrong?"

(Links to data on CDC website)

"Thus, the Pfizer vaccine is 3 to 5 times more like to cause a 12 to 17 year old male to be hospitalized, than the CDC predicts it will prevent hospitalization from the disease itself."

"For 12 to 17 old females, the Pfizer vaccine is 4 to 5 times more likely to cause hospitalization than CDC predicts to prevent it, by similar calculations."

"So 12-17 year old males are only 16% less likely to die from COVID, than their vaccine. Females aged 12-17 years old are 72% MORE like to die from their vaccine than COVID itself."

This may be true. Let's assume it is.

How many lives of other age groups may be saved if 12-17 year old males don't go around spreading COVID everywhere and helping to create new variants in the process?

1. It is unethical to do harm to one group, children, in order to protect another group from potential harm.
2. Children have long lives ahead of them, most of those dying from Covid do not. Therefore, in terms of human life years protected or lost, your argument is highly like to be false.
3. There are effective treatments for Covid. Most deaths from Covid could be prevented if our industry-captured government officials would stop following a vaccination-only agenda and allow doctors to use what has been learned from doctors all around the world in treating Covid.
4. Children do not spread Covid to adults at high rates. This has been proven in school settings across the world.
5. If the vaccines are so effective, why should anyone care whether the person sitting next to you is vaccinated or not?
6. One of the top vaccine scientists in the world says just the opposite; that the policy to vaccinate everyone in the middle of a pandemic is crazy because it increases the rate of variant proliferation.

At the very least, all people getting the coivd vaccines are entitled to full disclosure about the risks. I don't know how anyone on this board can honestly say that this is currently occurring.

Btw, the UK will not recommend Covid vaccines for teenagers on the advice of scientists.

Baghdad Bob Psaki in a rare moment of candor...
https://t.co/axuc2sPY33
Not only unethical, but its never been done before in the US.

We should only make decisions about today's facts. And right now, we have no information taht any future variant won't/can't be contained. The only folks we should be concerned about are teh ~10% of pop that for medical reasons can't be vaxxed, or the vax won't work on them. (Those folks know who they are and will continue to take appropriate precautions.) Let the anti-vaxxers play the covid roulette and Darwin to take his toll.
oski003
Zippergate said:

dimitrig said:

Zippergate said:

Posted on Twitter by Dr. Robert Malone, inventor of mRNA technology

"Many have been asking for this. Pfizer adolescent Risk / benefit calculations based on official CDC data, forwarded to me by an actuary. Please prove these wrong?"

(Links to data on CDC website)

"Thus, the Pfizer vaccine is 3 to 5 times more like to cause a 12 to 17 year old male to be hospitalized, than the CDC predicts it will prevent hospitalization from the disease itself."

"For 12 to 17 old females, the Pfizer vaccine is 4 to 5 times more likely to cause hospitalization than CDC predicts to prevent it, by similar calculations."

"So 12-17 year old males are only 16% less likely to die from COVID, than their vaccine. Females aged 12-17 years old are 72% MORE like to die from their vaccine than COVID itself."

This may be true. Let's assume it is.

How many lives of other age groups may be saved if 12-17 year old males don't go around spreading COVID everywhere and helping to create new variants in the process?

1. It is unethical to do harm to one group, children, in order to protect another group from potential harm.
2. Children have long lives ahead of them, most of those dying from Covid do not. Therefore, in terms of human life years protected or lost, your argument is highly like to be false.
3. There are effective treatments for Covid. Most deaths from Covid could be prevented if our industry-captured government officials would stop following a vaccination-only agenda and allow doctors to use what has been learned from doctors all around the world in treating Covid.
4. Children do not spread Covid to adults at high rates. This has been proven in school settings across the world.
5. If the vaccines are so effective, why should anyone care whether the person sitting next to you is vaccinated or not?
6. One of the top vaccine scientists in the world says just the opposite; that the policy to vaccinate everyone in the middle of a pandemic is crazy because it increases the rate of variant proliferation.

At the very least, all people getting the coivd vaccines are entitled to full disclosure about the risks. I don't know how anyone on this board can honestly say that this is currently occurring.

Btw, the UK will not recommend Covid vaccines for teenagers on the advice of scientists.

Baghdad Bob Psaki in a rare moment of candor...
https://t.co/axuc2sPY33

Here is an article on the UK's decision to not vaccinate those under 18. The two exceptions are those about to turn 18 and those living with an immunocompromised person. This just happened.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ndtv.com/world-news/british-ministers-decide-against-mass-covid-vaccination-for-teens-report-2489042%3famp=1&akamai-rum=off

Perhaps, UK legislators are anti-science or anti-vax? Perhaps, it is the opposite? Should we ask them what they know about the Kardashians bleaching their private parts?
Unit2Sucks
I believe the UK also is balancing the fact that they don't have enough vaccines to go around because of their limit on the use of AZ. Unclear what the UK would do if they had enough supply.

There are still unknown long-term impacts from Covid and the vaccines. Very few is any scientists would dispute the theoretical possibility. We know long-Covid is hitting some kids and others but no one knows what it looks like long-term. I'm not more worried about dropping dead in 3 years from Pfizer than I would be from COVID itself.

I suppose the answer is you protect kids by wearing masks and distancing them, but the anti-vax people in America don't want that either. For the vast majority of anti-vax, it has nothing to do with science and everything to do with politics. In that way I believe oski is an outlier since I don't think he is politically motivated and think that he probably is distancing/masking his children.

It would be nice if we could actually crush the pandemic, but sadly an anti-science cohort of America has been made resolutely anti public health to own the libs and it doesn't appear that Republican leadership or Fox News is interested in changing that because it's good for business. If they had named it the Trump vaccine, people in Arkansas would be lining up for vaccines instead of passing laws to prevent hospitals from requiring workers to be vaccinated for at least 2+ years.
BearNIt
helltopay1 said:

That is absolutely BULLSHYTE!!!!!!!! If that doctor said that he should have his medical license pulled.
bearister
BearNIt said:

helltopay1 said:

That is absolutely BULLSHYTE!!!!!!!! If that doctor said that he should have his medical license pulled.

I think that "doctor" just got arrested in Napa for selling fake vax cards.
oski003
bearister said:

Fauci: US 'would still have polio and smallpox' with false info

https://mol.im/a/9799083

*They couldn't have made an iron lung big enough to accommodate tRumps tub o guts.

The polio and small pox vaccines stopped viral transmission. In this case, the CDC simply misled the public and said that the current vaccines stop viral transmission despite none of them doing so in the OWS sponsored non-human primate challenge trials (as evidenced by the macaques replicating the virus in their noses).
oski003
Once the initial antibodies are reduced 5-10x, mRNA may no longer be the best vaccine. This may be why Israel is already boosting.

https://www.ft.com/content/4492746e-6a14-4993-9c21-cd9c9f37eca4

DNA with a safer delivery may be the answer. This is why I was naively surprised when the FDA continuously screwed Inovio over, even in a pandemic.
helltopay1
Dear Nit.....Sure hope you are right.....why don't you see the video and see for yourself??( panel of 5 doctors and 1 reporter..) My advice still stands..Get your affairs in order..Wills, etc. Do it now while you are healthy...
helltopay1
Furthermore..If you or a loved one are thinking of getting the Vaccine ( any provider) hold off until other Doctors, virologists weigh in on thge findings of this Doctor..
helltopay1
Furthermore..A FDA approved Vaccine is in the works..That should be the best bet .
helltopay1
Youtube.com/Watch?v=5sWb9GTbbE
oski003
60% vaccinated, opened up, and going backwards fast. Closing the border, even to vaccinated tourists, on August 1.

https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/coronavirus-in-israel-430-new-cases-147-percent-of-tests-positive-674215
bearister
I only see one way we reel in the pandemic:

If the Delta variant becomes real to the un vaxxed in the Red States where everyone has personal knowledge of someone who has become very ill or died from the virus, then the "Fake News and fraudulent Covid stats" explanation will no longer be able to hold The Truth and science at bay, and people will get vaccinated.
sycasey
I think it's likely that in the long run the virus becomes another endemic common cold. The vaccine protection wanes over time but still prevents the worst outcomes in the vast majority of people. Most people are exposed while they're very young and have no major effects.

Thread here:
Anarchistbear
bearister said:

If the Delta variant becomes real to the un vaxxed in the Red States where everyone has personal knowledge of someone who has become very ill or died from the virus, then the "Fake News and fraudulent Covid stats" explanation will no longer be able to hold The Truth and science at bay, and people will get vaccinated.

Biden and Trump do a joint PSA. Must see TV
BearForce2
Unit2Sucks said:

It would be nice if we could actually crush the pandemic, but sadly an anti-science cohort of America has been made resolutely anti public health...

The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
bearister
If employers unite, they can tame the pandemic. Grab your employees by the balls, and their hearts and minds will follow:

"June 1, 2021 -- Employers can legally require COVID-19 vaccination for employees to re-enter the workplace and can provide incentives to encourage employees to get a shot, according to new guidance issued Friday by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission."
BearForce2
Anarchistbear said:

bearister said:

Orangeman and the Puppet unite.
Insurrection and Dementia be damned.
Blueblood
BearForce2 said:

Anarchistbear said:

bearister said:

Orangeman and the Puppet unite.
Insurrection and Dementia be damned.
The leader of sheep posts on what Biden and Drupbo are doing!

Baaaaahhh Baaahhh
Big Dog
Anarchistbear said:

bearister said:

Waste of effort.

Much better to direct the Veep to visit vax centers for photos ops and outreach in every big city to encourage the urban relcutants to obtain the jab. Sure, Delta is running hot in the south, but also in many Deep Blue states. Los Angeles just went back to mandating masks, and the Bay Area may soon follow. Ditto New York City adn Chicago. Clearly not Trump supporters drinking cool aid or reading so-called Fake News....
Unit2Sucks
Big Dog said:

Anarchistbear said:

bearister said:

Waste of effort.

Much better to direct the Veep to visit vax centers for photos ops and outreach in every big city to encourage the urban relcutants to obtain the jab. Sure, Delta is running hot in the south, but also in many Deep Blue states. Los Angeles just went back to mandating masks, and the Bay Area may soon follow. Ditto New York City adn Chicago. Clearly not Trump supporters drinking cool aid or reading so-called Fake News....

Yeah, you aren't going to convert people who are dug in.

And 20% of Americans believe the vaccine is being used to implant microchips.

https://news.yahoo.com/20-americans-believe-conspiracy-theory-115206203.html

Let's focus on the persuadable.
okaydo
I saw this tweet of this Southern Baptist preacher, then I saw his Twitter feed, and it's like BF2 and htp1 come to life. So enraging.

Big C

"Danny Reeves" is fighting for his life in ICU and also tweeting this stuff? Frankly, this smells a little like that guy that posted here, who had the Korean girlfriend who left him and blah blah blah...

I will say though, that it sounded like some of those people may reconsider getting vaccinated, after they're done praying.
okaydo
Big C said:

"Danny Reeves" is fighting for his life in ICU and also tweeting this stuff? Frankly, this smells a little like that guy that posted here, who had the Korean girlfriend who left him and blah blah blah...

I will say though, that it sounded like some of those people may reconsider getting vaccinated, after they're done praying.

There is a baptist preacher who looks like him.https://www.baptiststandard.com/news/texas/incumbent-danny-reeves-nominee-bgct-president/

And he was tweeting about going to Baylor Bears basketball games a year before the pandemic.

bearister
COVID on the rise, overwhelmingly among the unvaccinated - Axios

https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-cases-deaths-infections-vaccines-abbce96a-3e31-459e-a09f-41d88bb0f749.html
BearNIt
helltopay1 said:

Furthermore..If you or a loved one are thinking of getting the Vaccine ( any provider) hold off until other Doctors, virologists weigh in on thge findings of this Doctor..

My entire immediate family has been vaccinated including my parent who is 83 y/o and my 13 y/o niece who travels internationally for various competitions. We have not had any issues with the vaccine. We have taken the stance that being vaccinated offers protection from serious/deadly consequences from COVID regarding the variants we may come into contact with. Since I have two siblings that are also involved in healthcare we were okay with the vaccines(Pfizer & Moderna) after investigating and researching the vaccine trials when they were released. Here is my advice: get vaccinated so you are prevented from getting COVID for the most part, or if you do get COVID the vaccine will prevent you from ending up in the ICU suffering from serious complications or ending up dead. In the end, it is up to the person but as the Governor of Maryland said:

Last month, 130 people died of Covid-19 in Maryland. None of them were vaccinated, according to Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan. In addition, unvaccinated people made up 95% of new Covid-19 cases in the state and 93% of new Covid-19 hospitalizations.

At my facility, we were just starting to feel like we were turning the corner but the Delta variant has hit and we are seeing an increase in admissions and deaths due to COVID. We are tired, very, very tired and Flu season is just around the corner. If we don't get COVID infections down, people vaccinated, and people wearing masks, we are going to be ****ED.

oski003
bearister said:

COVID on the rise, overwhelmingly among the unvaccinated - Axios

https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-cases-deaths-infections-vaccines-abbce96a-3e31-459e-a09f-41d88bb0f749.html

US is almost all mRNA vax. UK is AZN and MRNA.

Both countries have similar vax rates.

only 3% of reported covid hospitalizations in USA are vaxed.

50% of reported covid hospitalizations in UK are vaxed.

What explains this disparity? Government disinformation, bad luck, or vaccine quality? Or all three?

Other possibilities include crowds gathering at soccer matches or simply just being exposed to the Delta variant first.
First Page Last Page
Page 18 of 132

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.