Vaccine Redux - Vax up and go to Class

356,740 Views | 4606 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by bearister
oski003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

AunBear89 said:

When did RWNJs (the GOP base) become anti business and against the free market?

You tell me? When did you stop beating your kids?

Lol so you are saying they've always been anti business and anti free market?

Wrong as usual, USuck.
Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

AunBear89 said:

Wrong as usual, USuck.

You don't know how loaded questions work. We can add it to the list.
AunBear89
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

AunBear89 said:

Wrong as usual, USuck.

You don't know how loaded questions work. We can add it to the list.

It's a L O N G list. Might need a second page.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
oski003
Another article about Facebook censoring by fact checking a renowned peer reviewed journal because it does not like the facts in the journal.

https://newstarget.com/2021-12-22-facebook-censoring-bmj-science-pfizer-lies-deception.html
oski003
oski003 said:

By request, UK authors of Dec 14, 21's
@NatureMedicine
paper, now separate by age & sex
For Men <40
Pfizer D2 & D3
Moderna D1 & D2
Have rates of myocarditis GREATER than after sars-cov-2 infection

I was hoping to be proven wrong with this shocking information as opposed to a Tweedle Dee/Dumb attack. Please attack or support ideas and focus less on posters and sources.
Eastern Oregon Bear
oski003 said:

oski003 said:

By request, UK authors of Dec 14, 21's
@NatureMedicine
paper, now separate by age & sex
For Men <40
Pfizer D2 & D3
Moderna D1 & D2
Have rates of myocarditis GREATER than after sars-cov-2 infection

I was hoping to be proven wrong with this shocking information as opposed to a Tweedle Dee/Dumb attack. Please attack or support ideas and focus less on posters and sources.
There's more to the medical outcome of Covid or the vaccine than whether or not a portion of the population gets myocarditis. Myocarditis is a tiny, tiny part of the total picture.
bearister
The Fall of the American Empire, Exhibit 37:

"Under a new law in Ohio one of at least 19 states this year that have restricted state or local authorities from safeguarding public health amid the coronavirus pandemic Franklin County's health commissioner Joe Mazzola can no longer intervene. The county health department was stripped of its power to compel people to wear masks even as the omicron variant fuels a fifth coronavirus surge in the United States.

"We've not been able to put in place the policy that would protect our community," Mazzola said.

The number of states that have passed laws similar to Ohio's is proliferating fast, from eight identified in one study in May to more than double that many as of last month, according to an analysis by Temple University's Center for Public Health Law Research. And around the country, many more measures are being debated or being prepared for legislative sessions to start early in the new year.

These laws the work of Republican legislators inhibit health officers' ability to require masks, promote vaccinations or take other steps, such as closing or limiting the number of patrons in restaurants, bars and other indoor public settings. Often, the measures shift those decisions from health experts to elected officials at a time when such coronavirus-fighting strategies have become politically radioactive."

Anger over mask mandates, other covid rules, spurs states to curb power of public health officials

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/12/25/covid-public-health-laws-restricted/
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
BearForce2

Vermont has the highest vaccination rate in the nation, is one of the least densely populated states, and the ERs are clogged by people with no COVID symptoms. When Biden said "prepare to die", people listened.
B.A. Bearacus

dimitrig
BearForce2 said:

Vermont has the highest vaccination rate in the nation, is one of the least densely populated states, and the ERs are clogged by people with no COVID symptoms. When Biden said "prepare to die", people listened.

Subtitle:

People in Vermont are morons for going to the ER to get tested for COVID

bearister
BearForce2

Imagine that.
It's the end of 2021 and Biden has failed to "shut down the virus."
bearister

B.A. Bearacus
Time for indoor bars, restaurants, concerts, etc that require proof of vax to require proof of booster?

Unit2Sucks
Close friend in NY (boosted right before thanksgiving) came down with Omicron on xmas eve. Other friends just got back from a family trip to NYC - 4/5 got Omicron but I don't think any were boosted. Fortunately, everyone I've heard of first or second hand who is vaccinated is reporting fairly mild symptoms.

Remember when we had 15 cases and were going to zero lol?
BearForce2
bearister said:

Send Nancy Pelosi to tell these ships to go away. Just make sure the border remains open.
B.A. Bearacus
Five days. "CDC cuts the recommended isolation and quarantine periods for coronavirus infections."

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/12/27/1068358102/cdc-quarantine-covid

Quote:

People who test positive for COVID-19 only need to isolate themselves for 5 days if they don't show symptoms, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Monday. This cuts in half the earlier recommendation of 10 days of isolation.

Data shows that the majority of COVID-19 transmission "occurs early in the course of the illness," the CDC explained generally in the one or two days before symptoms begin, and two or three days after.

"Therefore, people who test positive should isolate for 5 days and, if asymptomatic at that time, they may leave isolation if they can continue to mask for 5 days to minimize the risk of infecting others," the CDC said.
bearister
sycasey
People have opinions about Jerome Powell?
B.A. Bearacus
sycasey said:

People have opinions about Jerome Powell?

Natural fascination with white dudes named Jerome.
Big C

I'm guessing less than 10% of Americans could identify all eleven of those people.
bearister
What it's like to travel in Europe amid COVID - Axios

https://www.axios.com/travel-europe-covid-omicron-fcd6b8c7-5c7f-4a9e-8537-bac15041cb55.html
dajo9
Maybe they thought by storming Burger King they could overthrow the monarch that has been oppressing them.

People are funny
MinotStateBeav

who could have seen that coming..
DiabloWags
Unit2Sucks said:

Remember when we had 15 cases and were going to zero lol?

Yup.
And for some reason, BearForce doesnt care about all of Trump's lies about Covid.
Shocker.

Trump on coronavirus from China: 'We have it totally under control' (cnbc.com)
DiabloWags
"We have it totally under control," Trump told "Squawk Box" co-host Joe Kernen in an interview from the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland. "It's one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It's going to be just fine."

DiabloWags
Trump told CNBC he believes that Chinese President Xi Jinping and health officials there are going to continue to tell authorities around the world everything they need to know about the virus.

"I do. I do. I have a great relationship with President Xi," said Trump, addressing a question about whether he's concerned about transparency in China. "The relationship is very good."

MinotStateBeav
DiabloWags said:

"We have it totally under control," Trump told "Squawk Box" co-host Joe Kernen in an interview from the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland. "It's one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It's going to be just fine."

You're right, he should have said "We're all fk'd, go kiss your wife and hug your kids, empty your bank accounts!"
AunBear89
MinotStateBeav said:

DiabloWags said:

You're right, he should have said "We're all fk'd, go kiss your wife and hug your kids, empty your bank accounts!"

Wow! That's a really stupid reply. Even for you. You really aren't very good at this.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
DiabloWags
MinotStateBeav said:

DiabloWags said:

Another Trumpy drama queen.
Shocker.
Unit2Sucks
Largest mass suicide in history and deplorables want to blame Biden. Maybe they need to do their own research and get on Prozac or Zoloft.
bearister
Unit2Sucks said:

Largest mass suicide in history and deplorables want to blame Biden. Maybe they need to do their own research and get on Prozac or Zoloft.

bearister
"The CDC originally forecast last week that the Omicron strain represented 73% of cases for the week that ended Dec. 18. That has since been revised down to 22.5%.

Omicron accounted for 58.6% of cases for the week that ended Dec. 25.

Between the lines: The drastic data change is due to the fact that CDC knew Omicron was spreading quickly, but it ultimately discovered fewer Omicron cases after more data came in.

The bottom line: CDC's initial estimates of Omicron prevalence were way off, but the rising caseloads and new data still suggest this variant is driving the country's current outbreak."

CDC slashes estimate of Omicron case prevalence - Axios

https://www.axios.com/cdc-slashes-estimate-omicron-proportion-covid-849bc52e-259f-4f4b-9fd4-83e5008412ca.html
oski003

Thoughts on the need for more tolerable vaccines in 2022.
Eastern Oregon Bear
oski003 said:

Thoughts on the need for more tolerable vaccines in 2022.
I'm a sample size of 1, but I've been more sick some years from a flu shot than I have been from any of my 3 Covid vaccinations. Anyway, let's keep working towards better vaccines.
First Page Last Page
Page 44 of 132

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.