Vaccine Redux - Vax up and go to Class

509,636 Views | 5321 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by movielover
Big C
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

BearHunter said:

The CEO of the OneAmerica insurance company publicly disclosed that during the 3rd and 4th quarters of 2021, death in people of working age (18-64) was 40% higher than it was before the pandemic.

Significantly, the majority of the deaths were not attributed to COVID.

From Feb. 2021 to Mar. 2022, millennials experienced the equivalent of a Vietnam war, with more than 60,000 excess deaths.

The majority of those deaths were not attributed to COVID.
Damar Hamlin collapsed after a brutal blow to the chest stopped his heart. If you're leading with that clear cut case that wasn't vaccine related (or at least had an EXTREMELY remote chance of being vaccine related), then it's hard to take the rest of your list and "facts" seriously.

By the way, I hear Hamlin has not only recovered, he's been cleared to play football again.

Maybe he wants to "die" once from Pfizer and once from Moderna! (talkin' 2x settlement $$$ for his family)

In related news, if it's the First of May and I haven't posted since this, you'll know the ani-vaxx nuts are on to something. Look for me in concordtom's "Obituaries" thread.
Cal88
Just wondering is anyone on here still "boosting" every 6 months or so, and if so how many mRNA jabs total?
MinotStateBeav
Cal88 said:

Just wondering is anyone on here still "boosting" every 6 months or so, and if so how many mRNA jabs total?

Git gud scrubs!

Haloski
BearHunter said:

The CEO of the OneAmerica insurance company publicly disclosed that during the 3rd and 4th quarters of 2021, death in people of working age (18-64) was 40% higher than it was before the pandemic.

From Feb. 2021 to Mar. 2022, millennials experienced the equivalent of a Vietnam war, with more than 60,000 excess deaths.

Once again, we here have a shameful and disingenuous post. Why do people here have to resort to such garbage and hyperbole? How does such a lack of logic appear on a board that one would expect to be populated by people smart enough to get into the world's best public university?

You post this and make inferences, but this seems political at best and possibly malicious.

To quote the OneAmerica CEO, Scott Davison, who you leave nameless (likely due to copy and paste coupled with no actual analysis):

"CDC data indicates that 65% of 3Q excess deaths can be directly attributed to COVID," Davison said. "Our own claims data is consistent with that as well. Based on the data and our analysis, we believe that a significant portion of the remaining excess deaths are driven by deferred medical care and individuals who recover from COVID but later die from the toll COVID has taken on their bodies."

That's HIS take on the data you've decided to twist. I don't think you recall exactly what happened when the world shut down. People suffered significant health setbacks, some related to COVID, some not. THIS is part of the health legacy of the steps that were taken. This IS a problem. Kids losing two years of learning and having their brains rewired is the legacy of COVID. Vaccines may present a problem, but on a mass scale, all you've got is inference at this point.

Stop posting in bad faith. It's a bad look.

Anyway, have a nice day.
Zippergate
the beginning of the end

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12015497/Australian-government-hit-class-action-lawsuit-Covid-vaccines.html
Zippergate
Haloski said:

BearHunter said:

Once again, we here have a shameful and disingenuous post. Why do people here have to resort to such garbage and hyperbole? How does such a lack of logic appear on a board that one would expect to be populated by people smart enough to get into the world's best public university?

You post this and make inferences, but this seems political at best and possibly malicious.

To quote the OneAmerica CEO, Scott Davison, who you leave nameless (likely due to copy and paste coupled with no actual analysis):

"CDC data indicates that 65% of 3Q excess deaths can be directly attributed to COVID," Davison said. "Our own claims data is consistent with that as well. Based on the data and our analysis, we believe that a significant portion of the remaining excess deaths are driven by deferred medical care and individuals who recover from COVID but later die from the toll COVID has taken on their bodies."

That's HIS take on the data you've decided to twist. I don't think you recall exactly what happened when the world shut down. People suffered significant health setbacks, some related to COVID, some not. THIS is part of the health legacy of the steps that were taken. This IS a problem. Kids losing two years of learning and having their brains rewired is the legacy of COVID. Vaccines may present a problem, but on a mass scale, all you've got is inference at this point.

Anyway, have a nice day.
Some good points here worthy of discussion. A couple thoughts...
1. There does seem to be a very large spike in these sudden cardiac incidents in athletes, a group that was forced into vaccination nearly everywhere . If this is true, it does not comport with your assessment. Athletes are not dropping from Covid or from deferred medical care. And the trope that long Covid is causing this has been debunked now by peer-reviewed studies. So what is causing it?

2. You've found one CEO that agrees with you. Ed Dowd says otherwise. https://www.amazon.com/Cause-Epidemic-Sudden-Childrens-Defense/dp/1510776397 Young people don't tend to die suddenly and they don't tend to die from deferred care. So why the large spike? I don't know the answer, but I do know one thing. This issue is not getting near the attention it deserves. We're talking about many tens of thousands of young people dropping dead in the prime of life. We need to know why, both to hold those responsible for this tragedy accountable if there is someone at fault, but more importantly to prevent further harm. If it's not the vaxxines, great. All of my extended family is vaccinated so I will be relieved if that is the case. But again, my point is that we need answers and the powers that be are pretending that there isn't a problem. If all we have is an inference at this point, who's fault is that?
Eastern Oregon Bear
Zippergate said:

Haloski said:

BearHunter said:

Anyway, have a nice day.
1. There does seem to be a very large spike in these sudden cardiac incidents in athletes, a group that was forced into vaccination nearly everywhere . If this is true, it does not comport with your assessment. Athletes are not dropping from Covid or from deferred medical care. And the trope that long Covid is causing this has been debunked now by peer-reviewed studies. So what is causing it?

2. You've found one CEO that agrees with you. Ed Dowd says otherwise. https://www.amazon.com/Cause-Epidemic-Sudden-Childrens-Defense/dp/1510776397 Young people don't tend to die suddenly and they don't tend to die from deferred care. So why the large spike? I don't know the answer, but I do know one thing. This issue is not getting near the attention it deserves. We're talking about many tens of thousands of young people dropping dead in the prime of life. We need to know why, both to hold those responsible for this tragedy accountable if there is someone at fault, but more importantly to prevent further harm. If it's not the vaxxines, great. All of my extended family is vaccinated so I will be relieved if that is the case. But again, my point is that we need answers and the powers that be are pretending that there isn't a problem. If all we have is an inference at this point, who's fault is that?
Here's a few fact checkers that dispute your claim that there's been a recent increase in sudden deaths among athletes due to Covid vaccinations. They point to listed deaths where people hadn't been vaccinated, people that died of other causes like cancer and even "deaths" where the victim is alive and well. They also point to "facts" posted on anonymous blogs where no posted source or evidence of investigation is given to support their numbers and conclusions.

Forbes

USA Today

Factcheck.org

Politifact.com
Big C
Cal88 said:

Maybe this thread needs a little balance again: Every six months always seemed a bit excessive to me...

+ I got the two shots (Pfizer) in March/April of 2021.
+ Boosted with Moderna in December 2021.
+ Had mild COVID with prolonged afternoon fatigue in May 2022.
+ Bi-valent booster in December 2022.
? Maybe I will get a booster this December, depending on how things seem with new variants, etc... maybe not

My older kid (teen) has had 2-shots-plus-one-booster. My younger kid (tween) has just had the two shots.

For the record, I feel like I've taken the sensible path... and when my kids say "Daddy has a big heart!", they don't mean it literally.
sycasey
I got the first two-shot dose and one booster for the winter season. Since then, the guidance has been that it's not needed unless you're elderly or immunocompromised, so nothing since then. Also caught Covid once (mild case).
Zippergate

Zippergate said:

Haloski said:

BearHunter said:

Anyway, have a nice day.

Here's a few fact checkers that dispute your claim that there's been a recent increase in sudden deaths among athletes due to Covid vaccinations. They point to listed deaths where people hadn't been vaccinated, people that died of other causes like cancer and even "deaths" where the victim is alive and well. They also point to "facts" posted on anonymous blogs where no posted source or evidence of investigation is given to support their numbers and conclusions.

Forbes

USA Today

Factcheck.org

Politifact.com

Factcheck and Politifact, eh. You might as well have linked to the Ministry of Truth as far as I'm concerned. You obviously haven't seen Dowd's data which is not so easily explained away. Or the data from all over Europe, Australia, etc.
Zippergate
Big C said:

Cal88 said:

Maybe this thread needs a little balance again: Every six months always seemed a bit excessive to me...

? Maybe I will get a booster this December, depending on how things seem with new variants, etc... maybe not

My older kid (teen) has had 2-shots-plus-one-booster. My younger kid (tween) has just had the two shots.

For the record, I feel like I've taken the sensible path... and when my kids say "Daddy has a big heart!", they don't mean it literally.
Excessive? That's not what the science says. If there is anything clear about the data, it is that vaccine efficacy wanes dramatically over time and goes negative...as in you were better without it..right around the six month mark. Fortunately Covid is now mild, but if you really want vaxxine protection, you're on the treadmill and need a regular booster.
Big C
Zippergate said:

Big C said:

Cal88 said:

Excessive? That's not what the science says. If there is anything clear about the data, it is that vaccine efficacy wanes dramatically over time and goes negative...as in you were better without it..right around the six month mark. Fortunately Covid is now mild, but if you really want vaxxine protection, you're on the treadmill and need a regular booster.

With the boosters, I was looking for two things:

1. reducing the chances of severe COVID for me

2. tamping down "community spread" during the holiday season, when I hang around old folks and such

Things are different now, as most everybody has had either the vaccine or the disease, or both. 2-3 years ago, it was crazy to say "it's just like the flu". But now it sort of is.
Eastern Oregon Bear
Zippergate said:

Zippergate said:

Haloski said:

BearHunter said:

Anyway, have a nice day.

Forbes

USA Today

Factcheck.org

Politifact.com

Factcheck and Politifact, eh. You might as well have linked to the Ministry of Truth as far as I'm concerned. You obviously haven't seen Dowd's data which is not so easily explained away. Or the data from all over Europe, Australia, etc.
Yeah, I knew you'd blow it all off without any thought, even the Forbes article. It doesn't fit your conspiracy theories.
Zippergate
Quote:

Yeah, I knew you'd blow it all off without any thought, even the Forbes article. It doesn't fit your conspiracy theories.
I read the Forbes article. Some of the snarky criticism of Tucker and his source is warranted, but the Forbes article didn't provide any data on what the actual numbers are or what the baseline rate is. Well, I saved this excellent article which makes a good point. Here's a snip:

https://atlasmonitor.net/?p=31657

"Equally alarming are the massive rise in deaths among healthy, young professional athletes from around the world. Since the vaccination campaign was initiated, and as of June 4, 2022, there were approximately 1,090 athletes that suffered a cardiac arrest, with 715 of them dying as a result. The majority of arrests occurred in competition or training. The frequency of these events in comparison to historical data is highly concerning. In a 2009 review of professional athletes deaths, published in a prominent European Cardiology journal, they found that from 1966 to 2004, there was an average of only 29 sudden athlete deaths per year worldwide. Compare this number to just the month of January 2022 alone where 127 collapses and 87 deaths among professional athletes were reported. Overall, these athlete deaths reflect an approximately 22-fold increase in the year after the introduction of COVID vaccines, to date unexplained by other identifiable causes."

From the study cited:

"Results: SCD occurred in 1101 (1966-2004) reported cases in athletes under 35 years, 50% had congenital anatomical heart disease and cardiomyopathies and 10% had early-onset atherosclerotic heart disease. Forty percent occurred in athletes under 18 years, 33% under 16 years; the female/male ratio was 1/9. SCD was reported in almost all sports; most frequently involved were soccer (30%), basketball (25%) and running (15%). The PPSP were of varying quality and content. The IOC consensus meeting accepted the proposed Lausanne Recommendations based on this research and expert opinions (http://multimedia.olympic.org/pdf/en_report_886.pdf)."

1101 cases in 40 years. That's your baseline comparison. Now look at the above "review of professional athlete deaths" website that Forbes ridiculed. (slightly misleading since it includes athletes of all types)

"1844 Athlete Cardiac Arrests or Serious Issues, 1277 of Them Dead"

Best I can tell, all have links to news about the event. I'm not a sadist and didn't read them all, but I did note suicide was listed 14 times, some as a result of vaxxine injury and there appears to be one gun shot death. I'm sure there are other non-vaccine deaths listed as well. But read a few dozen of these. Died suddenly is the overwhelming cause. Athletes in their teens, twenties, and thirties dropping dead from cardiac events. Now look at the graph they provide. There's a massive spike in reported cases starting in June of 2021 that continues until early 2022. Then cases start to taper off. Yeah, nothing to see here move along. Yet another conspiracy theory debunked. Lol, whatever helps you sleep at night.

Could the data be better? Absolutely. So why don't we have it? You'd think that with all these young people dropping dead of cardiac issues at the same time they were being forced to take an experimental treatment that coincidentally is known to cause cardiac issues would cause the medical authorities to take a closer look at these deaths and maybe do a few autopsies. But we know it's not the vaxx because... the vaxx is "safe and effective." QED. And if we don't look for a link it's not there.
Zippergate
https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1652512207090122753

Dr. Aseem Malhotra tells Joe Rogan that a reanalysis of Pfizer and Moderna's original clinical trial data shows that their COVID mRNA vaccines *INCREASE* your risks of serious adverse events, hospitalization, and death: "In my whole career, looking at all of the drugs and knowing about many different prescribed medications, I've never seen something that when you look at the data has such poor effectiveness and unprecedented harms. In the summer of last year, in the journal Vaccine, the highest-impact medical journal for vaccines, they published a reanalysis of Pfizer and Moderna's original double-blinded randomized controlled trial. This is the highest quality of scientific evidence. Joseph Fraiman is an ER doctor and clinical data scientist from Louisiana. Associate editor of the BMJ, Dr. Peter Doshi. Dr. Robert Kaplan from Stanford. Some real eminence of integrity published this reanalysis, and what they found was this. In the trials that led to the approval of regulators worldwide, you were more likely to suffer a severe adverse event from taking the vaccine, hospitalization, disability, or life-changing event than you were to be hospitalized with COVID. This mRNA vaccine should likely have never been approved for a single human in the first place, and that rate of serious adverse events is at least 1 in 800... 1 in 800 is a very, very high figure. We've pulled other vaccines for much less. The 1976 Swine Flu vaccine was pulled because it was found to cause a debilitating neurological condition called Guillan-Barre syndrome in about 1 in 100,000 people. The Rotavirus vaccine was suspended in 1999 because it was found to cause a form of bowel obstruction in kids in 1 of 10,000. This is at least 1 in 800. It's a no-brainer. So the question is, why have we not paused it?"

Study: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/36055877/
@DrAseemMalhotra
@JoeRogan

movielover
Big Pharma? Junk science? No leaders? Corrupt, low-IQ narrative engineers?
MinotStateBeav
Big C said:

Zippergate said:

Big C said:

Cal88 said:

2. tamping down "community spread" during the holiday season, when I hang around old folks and such

Things are different now, as most everybody has had either the vaccine or the disease, or both. 2-3 years ago, it was crazy to say "it's just like the flu". But now it sort of is.
In fairness..I caught Covid in Feb of 2020, and I was saying it was like a crappy flu. This was before vaccines were a thing. I didn't even know what symptoms a person was to experience when I had it at the time. I knew I had it eventually because I had a really long term change in my taste buds. Foods I liked before, tasted disgusting to me. That lasted for over 6 months, then it slowly started to come back.

I can understand tamping down community spread, but the whole push for this vaccine and how quickly it was developed just had my spidey senses tingling. Vaccines take a long time to test and it seemed like everyone was immediately saying "It's been tested properly with trials and questioning that means you're anti-vaxx!" The whole media apparatus who was being sponsored by Pfizer btw, immediately concluded that this vaccine was perfect and trials showed how amazing it was lol. I think ultimately for me it was a personal choice not to get vaxxed due to the fact I had already had covid and knew that 1) I can survive it, and 2) more generations of the virus would be less virulent. I decided, if I was sick I'd just stay home and surprisingly I never really got sick after that.
BearHunter

Illegal migrants are still permitted to arrive without providing vaccination status.
OdontoBear66
MinotStateBeav said:

Big C said:

Zippergate said:

Big C said:

Cal88 said:

In fairness..I caught Covid in Feb of 2020, and I was saying it was like a crappy flu. This was before vaccines were a thing. I didn't even know what symptoms a person was to experience when I had it at the time. I knew I had it eventually because I had a really long term change in my taste buds. Foods I liked before, tasted disgusting to me. That lasted for over 6 months, then it slowly started to come back.

I can understand tamping down community spread, but the whole push for this vaccine and how quickly it was developed just had my spidey senses tingling. Vaccines take a long time to test and it seemed like everyone was immediately saying "It's been tested properly with trials and questioning that means you're anti-vaxx!" The whole media apparatus who was being sponsored by Pfizer btw, immediately concluded that this vaccine was perfect and trials showed how amazing it was lol. I think ultimately for me it was a personal choice not to get vaxxed due to the fact I had already had covid and knew that 1) I can survive it, and 2) more generations of the virus would be less virulent. I decided, if I was sick I'd just stay home and surprisingly I never really got sick after that.
It's interesting when we look back, because I am sure I don't recall everything with clarity. But I do remember being at the Long Beach Auditorium in a long line of cars and thinking at my age, that I sure am lucky getting the Moderna first dose. In March and all through 2020 there was a great fear of death, especially in those immuno-comprimised. You wanted to do everything to protect yourself. The biggest obstacle was the absurd way you had to register online (actually the most difficult part of the whole procedure) and quickly.

Then personal behavior (masking and distancing and isolating) were top of the list as we really did not understand what was going on, but people were dying horrible deaths isolated from their families. The ugliest of times. Everything seemed reactive versus proactive and you felt very mallable. Fear reigned. And we did things that we may or may not have done with what we know today. However, in out case (aged/compromises) it was a good thing, and we were the ones who should have been isolated from society. Some many youngers, I questioned then and do now. The lock downs were way over the top except again for the aged.

So hopefully, an unbiased study can be done to ascertain just what we should have done, and not done based on what we know now. There seems to be too many personalities involved (Fauci, CDC, WHO) with vested interests that we never know which may be the biggest shame of all. Not a punitive study, an unbiased one, with all cards on the table. Some of the governmental authoritarian stuff was just way, way over the top, and those mistakes should be held accountable.
BearHunter
MinotStateBeav
movielover
BearHunter

CDC head, Rochelle Walensky resigns, blindsiding many health officials.

Rochelle Walensky acknowledged the agency did not meet expectations during the pandemic and launched a reorganization. Where to next?

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/05/05/cdc-director-rochelle-walensky-leaving-00095583
bearister
WHO: COVID-19 no longer global health emergency

https://www.axios.com/2023/05/05/covid-global-health-emergency-end-who
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
movielover
Zippergate

Be sure to check out the data in the chart which is staggering. Something has decimated the health of working-age people over the last few years. Is it Covid? Is it the vaxxes? Lockdown stress breakdown? Whatever it is, it's a serious problem not just for public health but for the entire the economy.
Eastern Oregon Bear
Zippergate said:

Be sure to check out the data in the chart which is staggering. Something has decimated the health of working-age people over the last few years. Is it Covid? Is it the vaxxes? Lockdown stress breakdown? Whatever it is, it's a serious problem not just for public health but for the entire the economy.
Do you have any numbers pre-Covid to back up your claim that there's been a big increase? Plenty of people were disabled prior to Covid. My wife is disabled due to her chronic back issues for one. I could probably claim disability too due to my health issues, but I prefer to keep working.
Zippergate

Zippergate said:

Do you have any numbers pre-Covid to back up your claim that there's been a big increase? Plenty of people were disabled prior to Covid. My wife is disabled due to her chronic back issues for one. I could probably claim disability too due to my health issues, but I prefer to keep working.
Sorry to hear of your difficulties. As noted in the graphic, these are comparisons to either 2019 or 2021 before the vaccine rollout. There are tons of charts in Dowd's book that lay all this out. Here's Federal Reserve data that I happen to have handy. This alone does not prove causation but you combine it with survey and anecdotal data, I think the case is pretty overwhelming.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/graph/?id=LNU01076960,LNU01076955,
Zippergate
Australia and New Zealand are important data points. They effectively closed entry and stopped the spread of Covid early on in the pandemic. Very few cases and deaths. Then they vaccinated nearly the entire population. Very high uptake rates. Now this...

wraptor347
https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-COVID-vaccines-new-zealand-949096630073

New Zealand excess deaths are due to covid itself and having an aging population.
Zippergate
RRRRRRRRRRRROLF. Of course they did.
Eastern Oregon Bear
Zippergate said:

Zippergate said:

Sorry to hear of your difficulties. As noted in the graphic, these are comparisons to either 2019 or 2021 before the vaccine rollout. There are tons of charts in Dowd's book that lay all this out. Here's Federal Reserve data that I happen to have handy. This alone does not prove causation but you combine it with survey and anecdotal data, I think the case is pretty overwhelming.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/graph/?id=LNU01076960,LNU01076955,
Interesting graph. I'd say the numbers have been increasing since 2015 though it is sharper in the last few years despite a dip in 2021 (I wonder why?). The graph would be less dramatic if the y axis went from 0 to 4,000 rather than 2,000 to 3,400.

I think it's also quite possible that people are choosing to take disability for medical issues other than Covid vaccination problems, if they can, rather than having to go back and work in an office and be exposed to others. As for the survey (unconfirmed VAERS data?) and anecdotal data, I don't trust them. It's all been too heavily politicized to be trustworthy.
Zippergate
Quote:

I think it's also quite possible that people are choosing to take disability for medical issues other than Covid vaccination problems, if they can, rather than having to go back and work in an office and be exposed to others. As for the survey (unconfirmed VAERS data?) and anecdotal data, I don't trust them. It's all been too heavily politicized to be trustworthy.
What would happen if you applied that same extreme skepticism to the pharma industrial complex and all the institutions that facilitated and perpetuated its lies?
Cal88
British study finds that mRNA vaccines increase the risk of going blind by 350%. In this study they did control for covid cases and were able to isolate the risks from the vaccine alone.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41541-023-00661-7

mRNA vaccines are still in the experimental stage, the vaccine injuries so far have been the short term effects, we've barely scratched the long term damages, which also include brain damage from the spike protein (similar to those from tau protein that cause parkinsonian ailments or perhaps those from BSE causing prions), as the spike protein produced through the mRNA vax has been shown to cross the blood-brain barrier.
movielover
First Page Last Page
Page 102 of 153

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.