Vaccine Redux - Vax up and go to Class

510,285 Views | 5321 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by movielover
dajo9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm just going to drop this here
https://www.theonion.com/54-year-old-facebook-user-wins-nobel-prize-for-own-exte-1850892290
"The rules were that you were not going to fact check"
MAGA
Cal88
Big C said:

In one of the most serious indictments of the COVID vaccine thus far, at 3:00 PM this afternoon, some 100,000 Cal Football fans across the United States -- who had taken, on average, 4 jabs of the vaccine -- reported a malaise and feelings of nausia.

Heartbreaking stuff indeed.
Cal88
But seriously:

Study shows mRNA vaccinated have greater rates of heart tissue damage than unvaccinated
Radiology Tests Detect Myocardial Damage in Covid-vaccinated persons
https://pubs.rsna.org/doi/full/10.1148/radiol.232244

Scientists measured myocardial 18Fluorine-fluorodeoxyglucose (18F-FDG) uptake. F-FDG has molecular similarity to glucose. However, 18F-FDG does not metabolize like glucose. Therefore, PET scans could detect it, and its presence shows the heart muscle's abnormally high demand for glucose, indicative of abnormal cardiac function. More about it here.
Quote:

Conclusions: Focal myocardial 18F-FDG uptake seen on oncologic PET/CT indicates a significantly increased risk for multiple myocardial abnormalities.
Indeed, this is what the Nakahara study finds:

Quote:

Results: The study included 303 nonvaccinated patients (mean age, 52.9 years; 157 females) and 700 vaccinated patients (mean age, 56.8 years; 344 females). Vaccinated patients had overall higher myocardial FDG uptake compared to nonvaccinated patients (median SUVmax, 4.8 vs median SUVmax, 3.3 ; P < .0001). Myocardial SUVmax was higher in vaccinated patients regardless of sex (median range, 4.7-4.9 ) or patient age (median range, 4.7-5.6) compared to corresponding nonvaccinated groups (sex median range, 3.2-3.9; age median range, 3.3-3.3; P range, <.001-.015). Furthermore, increased myocardial FDG uptake was observed in patients imaged 1-30, 31-60, 61-120, and 121-180 days after their second vaccination (median SUVmax range, 4.6-5.1) and increased ipsilateral axillary uptake was observed in patients imaged 1-30, 31-60, 61-120 days after their 2nd vaccination (median SUVmax range, 1.5-2.0) compared to the nonvaccinated patients (P range, <.001-<.001).

Editor of the Journal of Radiology commented on this study:

Quotes from dr Bluemke:
Quote:

The development of messenger RNA (mRNA) COVID-19 vaccines is a remarkable biotech story. While traditional vaccines took 5-10 years to develop, the COVID-19 vaccines took less than a year. By comparison, the fastest conventional vaccine previously developed was the mumps vaccine, on a timescale of 4 years.

Quote:

The main results: asymptomatic patients vaccinated for COVID-19 before PET had about 40% greater radiotracer activity in the myocardium than unvaccinated individuals.

Quote:

Vaccine manufacturers are aware of the adverse effects of mRNA vaccines. These adverse effects lead to vaccine hesitancy. The study results by Nakahara et al suggest that mild asymptomatic myocardial inflammation could be more common than we ever expected.

Zippergate
Proving that Nobel prize winners and the people who select them can be idiots too.

Ill fitting surgical masks? Really?
sycasey
I understand being upset with laws or regulations that would force you to wear a mask. I cannot fathom being violently angry at other people who voluntarily choose to wear masks.
tequila4kapp
Wow. Maybe there's video of them washing hands, too.
Big C
Zippergate said:

Proving that Nobel prize winners and the people who select them can be idiots too.

An American and a Hungarian-American share the Nobel Prize in Medicine for their work that enabled the mRNA vaccines!

Is this a country with a big heart, or what!
Eastern Oregon Bear
Big C said:

Zippergate said:

An American and a Hungarian-American share the Nobel Prize in Medicine for their work that enabled the mRNA vaccines!

Is this a country with a big heart, or what!
Sweden?
Eastern Oregon Bear
Cal88 said:

But seriously:

Study shows mRNA vaccinated have greater rates of heart tissue damage than unvaccinated

Scientists measured myocardial 18Fluorine-fluorodeoxyglucose (18F-FDG) uptake. F-FDG has molecular similarity to glucose. However, 18F-FDG does not metabolize like glucose. Therefore, PET scans could detect it, and its presence shows the heart muscle's abnormally high demand for glucose, indicative of abnormal cardiac function. More about it here.
Quote:

Conclusions: Focal myocardial 18F-FDG uptake seen on oncologic PET/CT indicates a significantly increased risk for multiple myocardial abnormalities.

Quote:

Results: The study included 303 nonvaccinated patients (mean age, 52.9 years; 157 females) and 700 vaccinated patients (mean age, 56.8 years; 344 females). Vaccinated patients had overall higher myocardial FDG uptake compared to nonvaccinated patients (median SUVmax, 4.8 vs median SUVmax, 3.3 ; P < .0001). Myocardial SUVmax was higher in vaccinated patients regardless of sex (median range, 4.7-4.9 ) or patient age (median range, 4.7-5.6) compared to corresponding nonvaccinated groups (sex median range, 3.2-3.9; age median range, 3.3-3.3; P range, <.001-.015). Furthermore, increased myocardial FDG uptake was observed in patients imaged 1-30, 31-60, 61-120, and 121-180 days after their second vaccination (median SUVmax range, 4.6-5.1) and increased ipsilateral axillary uptake was observed in patients imaged 1-30, 31-60, 61-120 days after their 2nd vaccination (median SUVmax range, 1.5-2.0) compared to the nonvaccinated patients (P range, <.001-<.001).

Quotes from dr Bluemke:
Quote:

The development of messenger RNA (mRNA) COVID-19 vaccines is a remarkable biotech story. While traditional vaccines took 5-10 years to develop, the COVID-19 vaccines took less than a year. By comparison, the fastest conventional vaccine previously developed was the mumps vaccine, on a timescale of 4 years.

Quote:

The main results: asymptomatic patients vaccinated for COVID-19 before PET had about 40% greater radiotracer activity in the myocardium than unvaccinated individuals.

Quote:

Vaccine manufacturers are aware of the adverse effects of mRNA vaccines. These adverse effects lead to vaccine hesitancy. The study results by Nakahara et al suggest that mild asymptomatic myocardial inflammation could be more common than we ever expected.

Is it possible people with heart disease or generally poor health were more likely to get vaccinated?
Cal88
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

Cal88 said:

But seriously:

Quote:

Quote:

Quotes from dr Bluemke:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Is it possible people with heart disease or generally poor health were more likely to get vaccinated?

The opposite is true among younger or working age people 25-65, the vaccinated tend to be more affluent urban white collar types, who are by and large healthier than the general population.

I would also guess that among younger groups, those who go or went to college will have much higher vaccination rates than blue collar/trades people or people in the service industry.

bearister
Why are you guys still fighting a battle that is over? No vax or mask mandates. Everyone can choose what they think is the best course for themselves.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Zippergate
bearister said:

Why are you guys still fighting a battle that is over? No vax or mask mandates. Everyone can choose what they think is the best course for themselves.
One, all-cause mortality is STILL running much higher than pre-plandemic levels. We need to know why. Many doctors think its the vaxxines and there is considerable research being conducted which shows causation. Two, these mRNA kill shots can be put on the vaccine schedule which means millions of children will receive them. This is insane child abuse--all risk and no benefit--and can't be allowed to happen. Third, a horrible crime has been committed and those responsible for it need to be rooted out so that it can't happen again. With the WEF crowd already talking plandemic 2.0, it can't happen soon enough. I understand how people duped by the MIC would like to just forget this whole episode, but the logical response is anger and demands for justice.
bearister
You may be right, but it sure horrifies me when Harvard, UCSF, Stanford, Mayo Clinic, and outliers like Andrew Weil all recommend getting vaccinated and boosted.

I would like to see research laying out evidence that explains why they are all corrupt and Pied Piper-ing us to our doom.

Have all the Asian countries been duped by vaccines and masks too?

Once again, if I was young I would probably take my chances. I take pain over Advil and Tylenol.

Finally, as I have conceded before, I have no medical expertise and therefore I could be one of those being led to my doom by misplaced trust.

In searching for possible motivations of the anti vax movement, I stumbled upon the article below. The 2nd half of the article has a lot of discussion about RFK, Jr. and motivations of the anti vax movement.

I assume the validity of the article can be attacked by questioning the credibility of The NY Times and that the authors and the experts and studies cited are all corrupted by Big Pharma. One thing is clear, a lot of time was spent putting it together:

The Anti-Vaccine Movement's New Frontier - The New York Times

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/25/magazine/anti-vaccine-movement.html
Haloski

Cal88 said:

But seriously:

Quote:

Quote:

Quotes from dr Bluemke:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Of course none of this was quoted:

"The results are intriguing but unfortunately
incomplete."

" These results are compelling, but we should remain suspicious without further analysis. There are simply too many things that can still go wrong with this comparison. Oncologic patients who get vaccinated tend to be older, and perhaps at greater risk for immunocompromise or chemotherapy treatment. We do not know the full characteristics of vaccinated vs unvaccinated patients (including the course and nature of chemotherapy treatments). Prior studies showed that younger males had more reports of vaccine-related myocarditis after their 2nd dose of vaccine. SUV values are quantitative and useful, but metabolic derangements might also cause the same differences. In short, other differences besides vaccination could be responsible for differences between the two patient groups."

TLDR: STOP BEING DISINGENUOUS WITH S*IT LIKE THIS
Zippergate
Let's continue quoting.

"The investigators understood their first result was only the starting point. They next performed extensive "sensitivity analyses" - i.e., looking at the same data from multiple different directions. What if we account for age differences between groups, and the number of vaccinations? If mRNA vaccinations do cause asymptomatic myocardial inflammation, wouldn't the effect be more likely shortly after vaccination, rather than 6 months later? Many of us who had COVID-19 vaccines had flu-like symptoms immediately after vaccination perhaps those of us with common flu-like reactions would have more myocardial inflammation as well? Could trained readers see the differences visually? Or were the differences seen only after placing regions of interest on the heart that could be accidentally mispositioned? The list goes on. Great researchers are also skeptics they need to prove the results to themselves.

Notably, the authors' interrogation of their results held up to all these secondary ways of looking at their data. The authors were careful to conclude, that in a subset of patients undergoing PET-CT and with low glucose levels and fasting, myocardial activity was greater in patients who received mRNA vaccine compared with those who did not. Greater myocardial activity after the mRNA vaccine was present regardless of sex, age, or type of mRNA vaccine. "

p-value 0.0001

If the paragraph you cited is enough reason enough to disregard a highly powered study, you might as well admit can't know anything including your precious vaxxines. Why are you in such a rush to disregard research like this which might explain the very real increase many vaccinated countries are seeing in cardiac-related death?
Big C
bearister said:

You may be right, but it sure horrifies me when Harvard, UCSF, Stanford, Mayo Clinic, and outliers like Andrew Weil all recommend getting vaccinated and boosted.

I would like to see research laying out evidence that explains why they are all corrupt and Pied Piper-ing us to our doom.

Have all the Asian countries been duped by vaccines and masks too?

Once again, if I was young I would probably take my chances. I take pain over Advil and Tylenol.

Finally, as I have conceded before, I have no medical expertise and therefore I could be one of those being led to my doom by misplaced trust.

In searching for possible motivations of the anti vax movement, I stumbled upon the article below. The 2nd half of the article has a lot of discussion about RFK, Jr. and motivations of the anti vax movement.

I assume the validity of the article can be attacked by questioning the credibility of The NY Times and that the authors and the experts and studies cited are all corrupted by Big Pharma. One thing is clear, a lot of time was spent putting it together:

The Anti-Vaccine Movement's New Frontier - The New York Times

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/25/magazine/anti-vaccine-movement.html

Why can't you just accept the fact that Harvard, UCSF, Stanford and the Mayo Clinic don't know as much as Zippergate?
Zippergate
You're right. Stop the research. Pretend that people aren't dying. Let's bring back Vioxx while we're at it. Your infallible authorities loved that one too.
Haloski
Zippergate said:

Let's continue quoting.

"The investigators understood their first result was only the starting point. They next performed extensive "sensitivity analyses" - i.e., looking at the same data from multiple different directions. What if we account for age differences between groups, and the number of vaccinations? If mRNA vaccinations do cause asymptomatic myocardial inflammation, wouldn't the effect be more likely shortly after vaccination, rather than 6 months later? Many of us who had COVID-19 vaccines had flu-like symptoms immediately after vaccination perhaps those of us with common flu-like reactions would have more myocardial inflammation as well? Could trained readers see the differences visually? Or were the differences seen only after placing regions of interest on the heart that could be accidentally mispositioned? The list goes on. Great researchers are also skeptics they need to prove the results to themselves.

Notably, the authors' interrogation of their results held up to all these secondary ways of looking at their data. The authors were careful to conclude, that in a subset of patients undergoing PET-CT and with low glucose levels and fasting, myocardial activity was greater in patients who received mRNA vaccine compared with those who did not. Greater myocardial activity after the mRNA vaccine was present regardless of sex, age, or type of mRNA vaccine. "

p-value 0.0001

If the paragraph you cited is enough reason enough to disregard a highly powered study, you might as well admit can't know anything including your precious vaxxines. Why are you in such a rush to disregard research like this which might explain the very real increase many vaccinated countries are seeing in cardiac-related death?

I'm not in a rush to disregard it. I'm just not in a rush to accept it as an absolute case of causation as you are.

The part I quoted come from the same document and follows the parts of it you rebutted with. The part I quoted exists precisely to caution against what you're doing.

It's totally reasonable to be wary of the vaccines, which you apparently think I believe to be "precious." That statement alone speaks volumes about how you approach this whole situation.

Why must you be such an insufferable windbag? Stop being disingenuous.
Zippergate
The part I quoted come from the same document and follows the parts of it you rebutted with. The part I quoted exists precisely to caution against what you're doing.

Sorry, wrong. The parts i quoted FOLLOW the part you quoted. I'll assume it was an honest error.

The whole point of my quote was to show that the researchers did in fact take into account as many factors as they were able and made a limited yet strongly supported claim.

When you start similarly criticizing the vaxx defenders (who have largely disappeared into hiding), I'll take more seriously your criticism of my tone.
Haloski
Zippergate said:

Sorry, wrong. The parts i quoted FOLLOW the part you quoted. I'll assume it was an honest error.

The whole point of my quote was to show that the researchers did in fact take into account as many factors as they were able and made a limited yet strongly supported claim.

When you start similarly criticizing the vaxx defenders (who have largely disappeared into hiding), I'll take more seriously your criticism of my tone.

Fair enough, I suppose. Also: to that mistake. An error to be sure, but not a great look.

Your tone about this absolutely blows, as does anybody's that blindly accepts the vaccines as infallible.

Real dialogue can't happen unless we don't dismiss people out of hand.
Cal88
Haloski said:

Zippergate said:

Fair enough, I suppose. Also: to that mistake. An error to be sure, but not a great look.

Your tone about this absolutely blows, as does anybody's that blindly accepts the vaccines as infallible.

Real dialogue can't happen unless we don't dismiss people out of hand.

Reasonable post.

The bottom line is that these vaccines are, by definition, still classified as experimental, through 2023-25, meaning that nobody knows what kind of results and side effects they will actually have. We have already established that some of the assumptions turned out wrong, like the spike protein that the mRNA gene therapy induce to produce actually does cross the blood-brain barrier and does accumulate in other organs.

The fact that the vaccines come affixed with the Harvard, Stanford, Mayo or Ketchup brands doesn't change the basic feature of their still being experimental at this point, in what is probably the largest medical experiment ever conducted on the human race.
Eastern Oregon Bear
Zippergate said:

Most of us just got tired of a few of you taking every negative claim as the gospel truth and dismissing out of hand anything we said. There comes a time when you say "What's the point?"
bearister
….especially when it is aligned on all 4 squares with the Conservative take on the alphabet of political/social issues. It will seem so unfair if this is the issue they get right…..and also mathematically improbable.

No one responded to my query regarding how the Asian countries got in so wrong on masks and Covid vaccines when they are exponentially more advanced than our society in almost every other area.
Zippergate
bearister said:

No one responded to my query regarding how the Asian countries got in so wrong on masks and Covid vaccines when they are exponentially more advanced than our society in almost every other area.
Perhaps it's for the same reason that German insurance companies lost billions in AAA-rated CLO garbage in the GFC: they assumed that the authorities (in that case, the rating agencies) were trustworthy and acting in good faith. It will be interesting to see how Asia responds to the next health crisis. I don't know about the rest of Asia but there is a ton of shock and angst in Japan over the mRNA jabs and how they were encouraged for the entire population. Europe is waking up too; the jab is not recommended in much of Europe.
Cal88
bearister said:

….especially when it is aligned on all 4 squares with the Conservative take on the alphabet of political/social issues. It will seem so unfair if this is the issue they get right…..and also mathematically improbable.

The maths here are on our side, but the media and mainstream culture definitely aren't, staunchly so. In the above example for instance the study established greater rates of heart damage with the vaccinated, with a p value of 0.0001, meaning that there is only 1 chance out of 10,000 that the results were a random outcome. And although the top med school administrations also are in the opposite camp, there are many iconoclast black sheep from top schools like UCSF, Stanford or Yale who are blowing the whistle, at a cost to their career and social prospects.

East Asian countries had very low covid death rates even before the vaccines rolled out. As well in countries like Japan the use of masks has been widespread since the 1960s due to high levels of air pollution in that heavily industrialized country. They were also conditioned to mask up by the SARS epidemic.

This being said, most US blue cities had strict mask mandates and high mask usage yet most also ended up with high covid death rates.
Big C
Cal88 said:

bearister said:

The maths here are on our side, but the media and mainstream culture definitely aren't, staunchly so. In the above example for instance the study established greater rates of heart damage with the vaccinated, with a p value of 0.0001, meaning that there is only 1 chance out of 10,000 that the results were a random outcome. And although the top med school administrations also are in the opposite camp, there are many iconoclast black sheep from top schools like UCSF, Stanford or Yale who are blowing the whistle, at a cost to their career and social prospects.

East Asian countries had very low covid death rates even before the vaccines rolled out. As well in countries like Japan the use of masks has been widespread since the 1960s due to high levels of air pollution in that heavily industrialized country. They were also conditioned to mask up by the SARS epidemic.

This being said, most US blue cities had strict mask mandates and high mask usage yet most also ended up with high covid death rates.

Blue cities have more poor people and poor people are usually more obese (in this country anyway), as well as living in tighter quarters. What about that bluest of blue cities, San Francisco?

How about N and S Dakota? All that wide open space and they had that abrupt COVID death spike...
Zippergate
Nothing to see here...quite literally

Wouldn't want anti-vaxxers to keep updating charts like this

Cal88
Zippergate said:

This is the smoking gun, because young people have had low mortality rates with covid and have very low mortality rates overall, whereas with older segments there is more "background noise" in the data.

This kind of staggering jump in mortality rates is completely aberrant.
Eastern Oregon Bear
Cal88 said:

Zippergate said:

This is the smoking gun, because young people have had low mortality rates with covid and have very low mortality rates overall, whereas with older segments there is more "background noise" in the data.

It's probably lost on you, but one of the axioms of statistical science is that correlation doesn't prove causation.
MinotStateBeav
Cal88
^I do have an academic background in Bayesian statistics.
Big C

Cal88 said:

Zippergate said:

It's probably lost on you, but one of the axioms of statistical science is that correlation doesn't prove causation.

It's probably lost on you, but there's a lot of data lately that says that the mRNA vaccine causes bipping in blue cities!
Cal88
Big C said:

Cal88 said:

Zippergate said:

It's probably lost on you, but there's a lot of data lately that says that the mRNA vaccine causes bipping in blue cities!

Climate change is the main reason for the car break-ins.

Funnily enough, that is an actual theory that is being pushed around:
Quote:

"Under the IPCC's A1B climate scenario, the United States will experience an additional 35,000 murders, 216,000 cases of rape, 1.6 million aggravated assaults, 2.4 million simple assaults, 409,000 robberies, 3.1 million burglaries, 3.8 million cases of larceny, and 1.4 million cases of vehicle theft"
>>> Too hot/cold/wet/dry/smoky today, I'm gonna steal a car...
Eastern Oregon Bear
Big C said:

Cal88 said:

Zippergate said:

You bet your bippy!

Pardon me, I'm having some 60s flashbacks this afternoon.
oski003

Big C said:

Cal88 said:

Zippergate said:

You bet your bippy!

Pardon me, I'm having some 60s flashbacks this afternoon.

You guys are adorable. Bourla salutes you.
First Page Last Page
Page 113 of 153

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.