For All You California Haters Writing Us Off

2,849 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearForce2
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wifeisafurd said:

concordtom said:

bearister said:

"Did I read you right that Laguna Beach prices are up more than 100%? I haven't heard of anything that nuts!"

Thank God Venice Beach prices are still reasonable. You can still get ocean front property there for practically nothing.

I'm at a water polo tournament in the southland. I've been told that Corona Del Mar is the king location, not so much Newport Beach.
If you are talking water polo, you have entered into an ongoing emotional debate among Laguna, CDM, and Newport. Good luck with that.

It you are talking the rich and reality TV, CDM is just nice little houses. I would say overpriced houses, but all the houses around here are all overpriced. The big money is in the gated communities: the islands, Ebay, the Cove, the Coast, etc. See you at the Aston Martin dealer. The funny thing this is not about politics, the Coast, for example, is purple. The OC is the capital of guard gated and fenced communities, where your wife can compete at Pilates and hair coloring, and your children are stored at various camps within the confines, and home school study at ASU prep (they get their college training early and on-line) so they can attend the right college. Get with it Tom.
Thanks, Wife.
I was talking about $ for houses.
I'll have to check out "Ebay", "The Cove" and "the Coast"! :-)

I like to know these things. I have lived in some pretty swank houses in my lifetime! At least I thought they were choice! (But I don't get into the social competition aspects of it. Maybe I can hang in slightly more modest but still quite choice Dana Point with you some day.)
concordtom
Ah... I see your point!
Yes, I'll take one 2585 Riviera Drive, please and thank you!

Zillow says:

4 bd
6 ba
9,517 sqft
2585 Riviera Dr, Laguna Beach, CA 92651
Sold: $32,700,000, Sold on 09/12/18
Zestimate: $40,208,400

No, I have not lived in THAT swank!
It not only has immediate beach access, but is raised up a bit to protect from stormy waves/tides, a large grassy area AND an internal courtyard for absolute nude sun-bathing privacy - if you're into that sort of thing.
One complaint. No boat launch.
Second complaint. ONLY FOUR bedrooms???? Yo, if I have that place, I'm turning it into a flop-house for all my family and friends.

BearForce2

The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.