The Official Russian Invasion of Ukraine Thread

611,876 Views | 8723 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by 169 Days Til No Joe
bear2034
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Zippergate
Where do I opt out? I'm sure the neocon shills here will be happy to cover my share.

bearister
Drudge links propaganda to counter RT propaganda. Have fun with it, RT fans!

Putin has lost 450,000 soldiers, 3,000 tanks & vehicles and nearly 500 aircraft in Ukraine, says UK intelligence | The US Sun

https://www.the-sun.com/news/11217826/putin-ukraine-russia-losses-tanks-soldiers-aircraft-intelligence/

"Verified reports indicate that 1.2 million Ukrainian soldiers have been killed during Liberation exercises and 750 civilians. 3,100 Russian soldiers have lost their lives in the effort to purge the Nazi scourge."
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Unit2Sucks
bearister said:

Putin has lost 450,000 soldiers, 3,000 tanks & vehicles and nearly 500 aircraft in Ukraine, says UK intelligence | The US Sun
That doesn't include Wagner and other mercs or any of the "separatist" groups, eg LPR, DPR and others fighting for Russia.

When Russian generals show Putin a dashboard showing their losses they list 0 soldiers*
* = number of Russians Putin gives a fork about.

Putin is perfectly happy to keep fighting for a Pyrrhic victory and have his shills dissemble and pretend like Russia is just getting stronger.
Cal88
Unit2Sucks said:

bearister said:

That doesn't include Wagner and other mercs or any of the "separatist" groups, eg LPR, DPR and others fighting for Russia.

When Russian generals show Putin a dashboard showing their losses they list 0 soldiers*
* = number of Russians Putin gives a fork about.

Putin is perfectly happy to keep fighting for a Pyrrhic victory and have his shills dissemble and pretend like Russia is just getting stronger.

It gets funny - and a bit awkward - when the "Putin shills" are actual US generals:

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/4589095-russian-army-grown-ukraine-war-us-general/

Quote:

Gen. Christopher Cavoli, the head of U.S. European Command, said Thursday that Russia's army has grown by 15 percent since before the invasion of Ukraine, raising the alarm that Russian forces are reconstituting "far faster" than initial estimates suggested.

Cavoli, also the supreme allied commander of Europe at the Western security alliance NATO, told lawmakers at a Senate Armed Services Committee hearing that Russia is recruiting 30,000 soldiers per month.

"The size of the Russian military is bigger today than when the war started," he said.
Cavoli explained that Russia's military is partly growing because it has initiated an annual spring conscription,

The last Russian mobilization was a year ago, if they were dropping like flies as UK's orwellian intelligence source claims, I doubt they would be getting 30k volunteers per month.

Meanwhile in Ukraine:

Palestinian Chicken 3
Unit2Sucks said:

Putin is perfectly happy to keep fighting for a Pyrrhic victory

bearister
Apparently Russian men aren't convinced it's as easy as shooting Nazi's on Hogan's Heroes over in ole Ukraina.

Russian Draft Dodgers Fleeing to West in Record Numbers: UK

https://www.newsweek.com/russia-draft-dodging-ukraine-war-1893626

Cal88
bearister said:

Apparently Russian men aren't convinced it's as easy as shooting Nazi's on Hogan's Heroes over in ole Ukraina.

The article headline says "record numbers fleeing".

The body puts a number on that:
Quote:

"In March, Russian courts handed down nearly 700 sentences for "absence without leave," according to the outlet."
Nearly 700 in one month doesn't strike me as a very large number for a country of 150 million and an army of one million.

Young people, including conscription-aged men, can travel freely in and out of Russia. In Ukraine, it's a completely different story...
bearister
So it is a popular war among Russian men of draft age?
Cal88
bearister said:

Yes, and the Moscow concert hall massacre further cemented that. The war wasn't as popular the first year because most Russians bear no ill-will towards Ukraine, which they regard as a brotherly nation, along with Belarus.
Big C
Cal88 said:

bearister said:

The article headline says "record numbers fleeing".

The body puts a number on that:
Quote:

"In March, Russian courts handed down nearly 700 sentences for "absence without leave," according to the outlet."
Nearly 700 in one month doesn't strike me as a very large number for a country of 150 million and an army of one million.

Young people, including conscription-aged men, can travel freely in and out of Russia. In Ukraine, it's a completely different story...

If there were a heated, unpatrolled walkway between Sarah Palin's backyard and those Russian islands, you think there'd be more traffic going east, or west?
Zippergate
Regarding the corruption, how is this ok? Anyone who justifies this nonsense is either in on it or a useful idiot.
Lets Go Brandon 21
bearister said:

No, because poor people don't want to die for the political ambitions of the rich and powerful.

Meanwhile, here's a nice history of the U.S. couping the Ukraine government, picking out their new leaders, Democrats searching for dirt on Trump in 2016 (and failing LOLOLOLOL) and more of the story of the fake Russiagate investigation.

Unit2Sucks
US issued additional sanctions today in response to Putin's repeated use of chemical weapons in Ukraine. Seems odd given their consistent war criming that we would bother responding. Why aren't we addressing Russia's repeated recent attacks against civilian sites in Odessa?

https://www.state.gov/imposing-new-measures-on-russia-for-its-full-scale-war-and-use-of-chemical-weapons-against-ukraine-2/
Cal88
Unit2Sucks said:

US issued additional sanctions today in response to Putin's repeated use of chemical weapons in Ukraine. Seems odd given their consistent war criming that we would bother responding. Why aren't we addressing Russia's repeated recent attacks against civilian sites in Odessa?

https://www.state.gov/imposing-new-measures-on-russia-for-its-full-scale-war-and-use-of-chemical-weapons-against-ukraine-2/

Ukraine has used drones to drop cannisters of chemical agents on Russian troops last year, this was very well documented, even on this thread, with videos showing assembly of chemical cannisters and their dropping on Russian soldiers. I have not seen any proofs of the Russians doing the same.

As to Odessa, apparently the Russians targeted recent shipments of 155mm shells and cannons, which were stored in civilian structures:

Evidence of 155mm artillery being delivered through Odessa:
movielover
How much of the military gear we send will be destroyed before its ever used in combat?
Cal88
movielover said:

How much of the military gear we send will be destroyed before its ever used in combat?

A lot of the smaller, more expensive gear is syphoned off and sold on the black market to buyers in Africa, Mideast etc, Ukraine being the biggest arm traffic hub in Europe by a long shot.

The stuff that gets destroyed is usually weapons caches on or near the last leg of the transport cycle, because the further out their target is, the more resources they have to dedicate to destroy it.
MinotStateBeav
So glad we gave these mentally challenged $60 Billion
Cal88
^ is Cyrillic for TDS.

Cal88

bearister
MinotStateBeav said:

For a minute I feared tRump copied that guy who Buddist monk-ed himself in front of the courthouse in New York where tRump is getting Stormy Daniel-ed.

*I understand igniting a barrel of transfat causes a meth lab level explosion.
Unit2Sucks
MinotStateBeav said:

You don't actually think Bebo is an authentic account do you?

What other Russian state media accounts do you follow for "authentic" takes on the war?

Why bother with astroturfed BS like bebo, Vigilant Fox, War Clandestine, etc. when you can just copy and paste from TASS or Putin's acknowledged propagandists like Solovyov? Or Greyzone or Zerohedge for that matter.

Cal88
Unit2Sucks said:

MinotStateBeav said:

You don't actually think Bebo is an authentic account do you?

What other Russian state media accounts do you follow for "authentic" takes on the war?

Why bother with astroturfed BS like bebo, Vigilant Fox, War Clandestine, etc. when you can just copy and paste from TASS or Putin's acknowledged propagandists like Solovyov? Or Greyzone or Zerohedge for that matter.

Those outlets aren't connected to state media, and furthermore, they have proven to be far more accurate about the facts and outcomes of the Ukraine war than your MIC/Kyiv sources (Anton, Dmitri, Tendar etc) - the truth is in the pudding. Probably the reason why you can't ever address the content posted..

Cal88
movielover
Good catch.

(((Tendar)))@Tendar

"...The reason of the fire is unclear.

"The Diehl Group is the umbrella organisation of the Diehl Defense. The IRIS-T SLM air defense systems, one of their main products, is one of the most successful air defense systems currently deployed in Ukraine."
Cal88

To the last Ukrainian.
movielover
An interesting perspective on rural Russia (Siberia).

The first half focuses on his adjustments in Russia, the culture ('survival'), how sanctions have affected them, etc.

The second half, an elderly Russian woman gives her blunt assessments of the war.

These videos have racked up two million views.

movielover
France estimates that 150,000 Russian soldiers have been killed in the Ukraine war

"The BBC reported in April that more than 50,000 Russian military personnel have died, citing its own reporters, independent media group Mediazona and volunteers."

https://www.france24.com/en/europe/20240503-france-estimates-that-150-000-russian-soldiers-have-been-killed-in-the-ukraine-war

KIA ratio still dramatically in Russia's favor.
Cal88
movielover said:

France estimates that 150,000 Russian soldiers have been killed in the Ukraine war

"The BBC reported in April that more than 50,000 Russian military personnel have died, citing its own reporters, independent media group Mediazona and volunteers."

https://www.france24.com/en/europe/20240503-france-estimates-that-150-000-russian-soldiers-have-been-killed-in-the-ukraine-war

Sejourne', France's sitting Foreign Minister, is a goof and a complete joke, sort of a French Kamala. His main qualification was being the current Prime Minister's Gabriel Attal's lover/husband. Prior to his current assignement, he was in charge of the EU gender equity commission. His command of the French language is awful, as are his qualifications for the job.

His statement reminds me of U2S's, managing to amalgamate several whoppers in one small statement.
Quote:

Speaking to Russian independent newspaper Novaya Gazeta Europe, Sjourn said
"Russia's military failure is already apparent. We estimate Russian military losses at 500,000, including 150,000 deaths," he said.
"All of this for what?" he asked. "This can be summed up in two words: for nothing," he said.

Russian KIAs are around 60k-70k tops (including inmates, Wagner and DPR/LPR units), about 8 times fewer than Ukrainian KIAs, although the current ratio is likely even more lopsided due to several factors weighing down the Ukrainian side: lack of training, poor/suicidal tactics, low ammunition levels, lack of air defense and now, increasingly, lack of motivation.
movielover
I figured it was an exaggeration, and the BBC said more than 50,000... quite a difference.

It's a slaughter. Has there been a recent conventional war that was so lopsided?

(I don't call Gaza a traditional war.)
Big C
movielover said:

I figured it was an exaggeration, and the BBC said more than 50,000... quite a difference.

It's a slaughter. Has there been a recent conventional war that was so lopsided?

(I don't call Gaza a traditional war.)

Is US v, Afghanistan or US v. Iraq recent enough for you?
movielover
I'm not sure they qualify, Navy Seals vs cousin-marrying goat herders.
dajo9
Cal88 said:

movielover said:

Sejourne', France's sitting Foreign Minister, is a goof and a complete joke, sort of a French Kamala. His main qualification was being the current Prime Minister's Gabriel Attal's lover/husband. Prior to his current assignement, he was in charge of the EU gender equity commission. His command of the French language is awful, as are his qualifications for the job.

His statement reminds me of U2S's, managing to amalgamate several whoppers in one small statement.
Quote:

"Russia's military failure is already apparent. We estimate Russian military losses at 500,000, including 150,000 deaths," he said.
"All of this for what?" he asked. "This can be summed up in two words: for nothing," he said.

Russian KIAs are around 60k-70k tops (including inmates, Wagner and DPR/LPR units), about 8 times fewer than Ukrainian KIAs, although the current ratio is likely even more lopsided due to several factors weighing down the Ukrainian side: lack of training, poor/suicidal tactics, low ammunition levels, lack of air defense and now, increasingly, lack of motivation.

Remember, Putin88 has been repeatedly caught lying about KIA / casualties
American Vermin
sycasey
dajo9 said:

Cal88 said:

movielover said:

Quote:

I've found it hard to believe casualty numbers from anywhere, given that they are so all over the place.
Cal88
dajo9 said:

Cal88 said:

movielover said:

Quote:

By the same source that repeatedly claims that Putin is dead.
First Page Last Page
Page 246 of 250

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.