The Official Russian Invasion of Ukraine Thread

802,348 Views | 9690 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by movielover
Big C
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It Takes Two said:

Far be it for me to take issue with the great Tucker Carlson, but no American President wants us to get in a war with Iran unless it absolutely can't be avoided.

If Trump wins, well he's not into war (broken clock saying and all). If Harris wins, she'll immediately be thinking about getting reelected. These just aren't the good ol' days anymore.
Eastern Oregon Bear
It Takes Two said:

The dude's an entertainer not a serious news source. That's been acknowledged by his previous bosses.
Cal88
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

It Takes Two said:

The dude's an entertainer not a serious news source. That's been acknowledged by his previous bosses.

Hi previous bosses did not like at all Tucker's political stances. Fox ownership and management are a mix of hardcore neocons and closet neoliberals.
dimitrig
Cal88 said:

It Takes Two said:

Hi previous bosses did not like at all Tucker's political stances. Fox ownership and management are a mix of hardcore neocons and closet neoliberals.

Tucker has no political stance.

What he says on the air has no bearing to his own beliefs or even facts. It may as well be Weekly World News.

bearister
dimitrig said:

Cal88 said:

It Takes Two said:

What he says on the air has no bearing to his own beliefs or even facts.

"Newly disclosed messages and testimony from some of the biggest stars and most senior executives at Fox News revealed that they privately expressed disbelief about President Donald J. Trump's false claims that the 2020 election was stolen from him, even though the network continued to promote many of those lies on the air.

The hosts Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity and Laura Ingraham, as well as others at the company, repeatedly insulted and mocked Trump advisers, including Sidney Powell and Rudolph W. Giuliani, in text messages with each other in the weeks after the election , according to a legal filing on Thursday by Dominion Voting Systems. Dominion is suing Fox for defamation in a case that poses considerable financial and reputational risk for the country's most-watched cable news network.

"Sidney Powell is lying by the way. I caught her. It's insane," Mr. Carlson wrote to Ms. Ingraham on Nov. 18, 2020.

Ms. Ingraham responded: "Sidney is a complete nut. No one will work with her. Ditto with Rudy."

Mr. Carlson continued, "Our viewers are good people and they believe it," he added, making clear that he did not."

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/16/business/media/fox-dominion-lawsuit.html
*Fox News paid $787,000,000 to settle the Dominion Voting Systems defamation action.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Cal88
dimitrig said:

Cal88 said:

It Takes Two said:

What he says on the air has no bearing to his own beliefs or even facts. It may as well be Weekly World News.

^The dumbest, most destructive Republican president of all time endorses your girl Kamala.

Let me help you out here, Tucker is a socially conservative populist. He grew his audience into the tens of millions by doing solid pieces of journalism like this:

You might learn something about the US economy and other topics by listening to his brand of journalism.
Cal88
bearister said:

dimitrig said:

Cal88 said:

It Takes Two said:

"Newly disclosed messages and testimony from some of the biggest stars and most senior executives at Fox News revealed that they privately expressed disbelief about President Donald J. Trump's false claims that the 2020 election was stolen from him, even though the network continued to promote many of those lies on the air.

The hosts Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity and Laura Ingraham, as well as others at the company, repeatedly insulted and mocked Trump advisers, including Sidney Powell and Rudolph W. Giuliani, in text messages with each other in the weeks after the election , according to a legal filing on Thursday by Dominion Voting Systems. Dominion is suing Fox for defamation in a case that poses considerable financial and reputational risk for the country's most-watched cable news network.

"Sidney Powell is lying by the way. I caught her. It's insane," Mr. Carlson wrote to Ms. Ingraham on Nov. 18, 2020.

Ms. Ingraham responded: "Sidney is a complete nut. No one will work with her. Ditto with Rudy."

Mr. Carlson continued, "Our viewers are good people and they believe it," he added, making clear that he did not."

*Fox News paid $787,000,000 to settle the Dominion Voting Systems defamation action.

Why is it that the generation that grew up fighting "The Man" has become the staunchest defender of the establishment and rigged democratic process?
bearister
Cal88 said:

bearister said:

dimitrig said:

Cal88 said:

It Takes Two said:

Why is it that the generation that grew up fighting "The Man" has become the staunchest defender of the establishment and rigged democratic process?

I'm confused. I thought I was responding to a statement that Tucker Carlson doesn't believe everything he says on the air….and documentary evidence proves that is a true statement.

My response is now being used as a prompt to pivot the discussion to another issue?

BTW, if Fox News, doesn't qualify as The Man, I don't know who does. tRump is a swindler that has convinced the working class that he is taking down The Man, just like he convinced tRump University enrollees that he was giving them a quality real estate educational product. tRump and his buddies enjoying tax cuts and Kushner with his $2,000,000,000 Saudi kicking real estate development tires on the beach in Gaza are The Man.

How many millions do you think Fox News spent trying to prove the election was rigged before parting with $787,000,000?
cbbass1
sycasey said:

movielover said:

Bill Walsh used to say better to cut a player one year early than one year late. Was Putin supposed to wait until F15s were flying over Moscow?
There's a difference between cutting a player and sending in your army to kill a bunch of people.
What do you think the 700,000-strong, U.S.-equipped & trained Ukrainian Army was preparing to do? Hand out cookies??
sycasey
cbbass1 said:

sycasey said:

movielover said:

Bill Walsh used to say better to cut a player one year early than one year late. Was Putin supposed to wait until F15s were flying over Moscow?
There's a difference between cutting a player and sending in your army to kill a bunch of people.
What do you think the 700,000-strong, U.S.-equipped & trained Ukrainian Army was preparing to do? Hand out cookies??
Defend against the Russian invasion that US intelligence correctly predicted was coming?
bear2034

BlackRock, Boeing, Raytheon, General Dynamics, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman
BlackRock, DuPont, Cargill, Monsanto
BlackRock, Democratic Party, Republican Party
Cal88
sycasey said:

cbbass1 said:

sycasey said:

movielover said:

Defend against the Russian invasion that US intelligence correctly predicted was coming?

Wrong, Ukraine's government was building up a major offensive force in the Donbas in early 2022 that was about to overrun the rebels, with Crimea as their clear next objective. The Russians moved in to prevent that, their objective was to force the Kiev government to accept a Minsk 2 plus agreement, the same deal they tried to sign with the Kiev government in Istanbul 2 months after their invasion.
Cal88
Quote:

I'm confused. I thought I was responding to a statement that Tucker Carlson doesn't believe everything he says on the air….and documentary evidence proves that is a true statement.

My response is now being used as a prompt to pivot the discussion to another issue?

BTW, if Fox News, doesn't qualify as The Man, I don't know who does. tRump is a swindler that has convinced the working class that he is taking down The Man, just like he convinced tRump University enrollees that he was giving them a quality real estate educational product. tRump and his buddies enjoying tax cuts and Kushner with his $2,000,000,000 Saudi kicking real estate development tires on the beach in Gaza are The Man.

How many millions do you think Fox News spent trying to prove the election was rigged before parting with $787,000,000?

The Dominion lawsuit is a complete joke, a great example of the US judicial system gone awry and being completely subverted by corporate/political lawfare strongarming. Judgments in the billion dollar range for a defamation suit are a symptom of a legal system void of any common sense.

And yes, the Dominion voting machines are eminently hackable, Before them, the Diebold machines and their network was most likely hacked in Ohio by Rove operatives to flip that state and the entire election towards Dubya.
Cal88
The Ukrainian Kursk offensive has been blunted, with Ukraine incurring heavy losses. It has had the opposite desired effect of weakening Russian positions in the Donbas, with them closing in on the critical strategic hub of Pokrovsk. The Russians did not draw troops from other fronts but instead slowly injected reserves into Kursk, cutting off supplies to the Ukrainian forward positions.

Russian advances accelerating, with the takeover of Pokrovsk looming ahead in early Fall.

Quote:

@Glenn_Diesen
The Russians continue their rapid advancement toward Pokrovsk. Seizing Pokrovsk, a key transportation hub, will reduce Ukrainian mobility and it will likely be the bridgehead for Russian expansion in all directions as a massive "Popasna flower"

- It seems to be a strategic mistake for Ukraine to divert its best troops and equipment to invade territory it cannot keep. Was it the decision of Kiev or Washington to invade Kursk?
bearister
Cal88 said:

Quote:

Judgments in the billion dollar range for a defamation suit are a symptom of a legal system void of any common sense.

No jury verdict, voluntary settlement. Fox News wanted nothing to do with putting its crew of liars on the witness stand. The judgment, with punitive damages, would have been in the billions and those lying b@stards knew it. They got the bargain of a lifetime at $787,000,000.

" Fox News agreed Tuesday to pay Dominion Voting Systems nearly $800 million to avert a trial in the voting machine company's lawsuit that would have exposed how the network promoted lies about the 2020 presidential election.

The stunning settlement emerged just as opening statements were supposed to begin, abruptly ending a case that had embarrassed Fox News over several months and raised the possibility that network founder Rupert Murdoch and stars such as Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity would have to testify publicly.

… the agreement shows there is a real financial risk for conservative media that traffic in conspiracy theories.

…. Dominion set out to prove in the lawsuit that Fox acted with malice in airing allegations that it knew to be false, or with "reckless disregard" for the truth. It presented volumes of internal emails and text messages that showed Fox executives and personalities saying they knew the accusations were untrue, even as the falsehoods were aired on programs hosted by Maria Bartiromo, Lou Dobbs and Jeannine Pirro.

….. During a deposition, Murdoch testified that he believed the 2020 election was fair and had not been stolen from Trump."

https://apnews.com/article/fox-news-dominion-lawsuit-trial-trump-2020-0ac71f75acfacc52ea80b3e747fb0afe#

*How many millions ya figure Fox News spent trying to prove those voting machines were crooked or hacked before they paid $787,000,000?
smh
Quote:

> They got the bargain of a lifetime at $787,000,000.
for real?? # wowser
dajo9
Cal88 said:

Quote:

The Dominion lawsuit is a complete joke, a great example of the US judicial system gone awry and being completely subverted by corporate/political lawfare strongarming. Judgments in the billion dollar range for a defamation suit are a symptom of a legal system void of any common sense.

And yes, the Dominion voting machines are eminently hackable, Before them, the Diebold machines and their network was most likely hacked in Ohio by Rove operatives to flip that state and the entire election towards Dubya.

That is definitely the view of the billionaire oligarchy class
"The rules were that you were not going to fact check"
MAGA
Cal88
Cal88
How it started

How it's going

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/volkswagen-warns-possible-plant-closures-germany-2024-09-02/

RFK called it:

sycasey
Cal88 said:

sycasey said:

cbbass1 said:

sycasey said:

movielover said:

Wrong, Ukraine's government was building up a major offensive force in the Donbas in early 2022 that was about to overrun the rebels, with Crimea as their clear next objective. The Russians moved in to prevent that, their objective was to force the Kiev government to accept a Minsk 2 plus agreement, the same deal they tried to sign with the Kiev government in Istanbul 2 months after their invasion.
Oh, beating back the separatist groups that Russia was funding and leading. Yes, that too.
Cal88
sycasey said:

Cal88 said:

sycasey said:

cbbass1 said:

sycasey said:

movielover said:

Oh, beating back the separatist groups that Russia was funding and leading. Yes, that too.

In your "Slava Ukraini" information bubble, this below - the Kiev regime President Poroshenko boasting about bombing the Donbas populace into submission and having their children grow up cowering in their basements - this doesn't exist:

And also, these maps do not exist:

Reality is, the people in the Donbas rose massively against the Kiev regime after it turned them into second class citizens, overthrowing the president they voted for. Entire local Ukrainian army divisions defected and held out for 7 years in a civil war against the Kiev army, which used their air force to bomb Donbas cities.

Local Donbas DPR and LPR leadership deeply resented Russia for not having provided more military support for their effort against Kiev, and furthermore even in the first year of the Russian invasion the DPR/LPR bore a disproportional share of Russian losses.
movielover
bear2034 said:

BlackRock, Boeing, Raytheon, General Dynamics, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman
BlackRock, DuPont, Cargill, Monsanto
BlackRock, Democratic Party, Republican Party

Who was the number one advisor to President Biden-Harris, and who staffed their White House?

Blackrock

Edit: Colonel McGregor is the only person I've heard or read who dialed in on the desire of Big Ag to own the best dirt in the world. But he never explained so succinctly the practical steps.

RFK Jr also mentions the benefits to the MICC of being in NATO - i.e. specified American suppliers.

It's all really sick. We could spend those billions retooling our nuclear power plants, rebuilding thousands of aging bridges, brunging nanufacturing home and insulating millions of homes.
movielover
Several other sources claim another goal of the Kursk incursion was to take their nuclear power plant, and then trade it for Ukranian NPP controlled by Russia. It looks more like a suicide mission disguised as a brief PR success.
sycasey
Cal88 said:

sycasey said:

Cal88 said:

sycasey said:

cbbass1 said:

sycasey said:

movielover said:

In your "Slava Ukraini" information bubble, this below - the Kiev regime President Poroshenko boasting about bombing the Donbas populace into submission and having their children grow up cowering in their basements - this doesn't exist:

Reality is, the people in the Donbas rose massively against the Kiev regime after it turned them into second class citizens, overthrowing the president they voted for. Entire local Ukrainian army divisions defected and held out for 7 years in a civil war against the Kiev army, which used their air force to bomb Donbas cities.

Local Donbas DPR and LPR leadership deeply resented Russia for not having provided more military support for their effort against Kiev, and furthermore even in the first year of the Russian invasion the DPR/LPR bore a disproportional share of Russian losses.

I know, you think the Donbas always belonged to Russia. We've been over this.
movielover
Cal88 said:

How it started

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/volkswagen-warns-possible-plant-closures-germany-2024-09-02/

McGregor asks what happens to the fragile German social fabric, overflowing with immigrants, when factories close down and Germany isn't an industrial powerhouse?
Cal88
sycasey said:

Cal88 said:

sycasey said:

Cal88 said:

sycasey said:

cbbass1 said:

sycasey said:

movielover said:

I know, you think the Donbas always belonged to Russia. We've been over this.

Russophones in those red regions above have a dual identity as Russo-Ukrainians, and would have easily stayed in Ukraine had their language and cultural heritage not been completely at odds with the brand of Banderist nationalism forcibly promoted by post-Maidan Kiev. That, and 7 years of bombings under the Ukrainian government's "ATO" burned those bridges.
movielover
Colonel Douglass McGregor mentioned this several times over a year ago, but RFK Jr spells it all out. It's sick.

Eastern Oregon Bear
I hear RFK Jr is into animal mutilation.
Cal88

You prefer Lindsay Graham, Nancy Pelosi and all the other establishment MIC tools whose policies have led to the mutilation of over a million Ukrainian soldiers, destabilized the world economy, added a quarter trillion dollar to our deficit and put us on the path to WW3?

Any feedback on these short RFK videos below, other than juvenile partisan cracks?

Zippergate
I'm not holding my breath. So many people blinded by anchoring bias and further hardened in their positions when confronted with facts that destroy the narrative. If they haven't been able to overcome their biases by now, it's never going to happen.
Cal88
A lot of these biases have been built on a false narrative that is currently collapsing, like the idea that Ukraine can win a war against Russia, or reconquer the Donbas and Crimea.
Eastern Oregon Bear
Cal88 said:

You prefer Lindsay Graham, Nancy Pelosi and all the other establishment MIC tools whose policies have led to the mutilation of over a million Ukrainian soldiers, destabilized the world economy, added a quarter trillion dollar to our deficit and put us on the path to WW3?

Any feedback on these short RFK videos below, other than juvenile partisan cracks?
Why is it OK for movielover and bear2034 to make endless juvenile partisan cracks without rebuke from you but my very occasional juvenile partisan cracks make me the bad guy?

As for your videos, I considered your long track record of posting faked or very misleading information, either unknowingly or on purpose. I decided I had better uses for my time.
Cal88

Cal88 said:

Why is it OK for movielover and bear2034 to make endless juvenile partisan cracks without rebuke from you but my very occasional juvenile partisan cracks make me the bad guy?

In your case, you're making those juvenile partisan cracks because you lack a fundamental understanding of the Ukraine war.

Quote:

As for your videos, I considered your long track record of posting faked or very misleading information, either unknowingly or on purpose. I decided I had better uses for my time.

If I really did have a "long track record of posting fake info", it should have been very easy for you to point out some of those and score easy debate points, instead of resorting to baseless personal attack that U2Sucks used to repeat ad nauseum. Ironically, I suspect he has bailed out from this board because his own takes turned out to be so embarrassingly wrong, particularly in this thread, in which he was very invested emotionally.
movielover
Humm. Mass departures for the unelected transvestite Russian comedian.

Eastern Oregon Bear
Cal88 said:

Cal88 said:

In your case, you're making those juvenile partisan cracks because you lack a fundamental understanding of the Ukraine war.

Quote:

If I really did have a "long track record of posting fake info", it should have been very easy for you to point out some of those and score easy debate points, instead of resorting to baseless personal attack that U2Sucks used to repeat ad nauseum.
You mistake me for someone who cares if he's scoring debating points.
First Page Last Page
Page 273 of 278

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.