The Official Russian Invasion of Ukraine Thread

802,070 Views | 9690 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by movielover
bear2034
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Newsweek?
smh
muting more than 300 handles, turnaround is fair play
Big C
movielover said:

So what was the previous ranking of top militaries?

1. USA
2. Russia
3. China
4. Ukraine (USA / NATO)
5. Iran or Turkey?

I'm surprised you would rank the USA #1, unless you think it was fake rankings by Biden and people of his ilk.

You seem so disgusted and embarrassed by the 2024 USA. Do you really think the "LGBTQ brigade" (your actual words) could defeat actual tough, manly men from Russia? And hasn't most of the trillions that our tax dollars have spent on defense actually gone to construct Hunter Biden's secret second home and Hillary's small chain of pedo pizza parlors?
movielover
Operative word 'was'. Now is it ...

1. Russia
2. USA
3. China
4. Iran / Turkey?
Big C
movielover said:

1. Russia
2. USA
3. China
4. Iran / Turkey?

I bet Turkey could clean our clock nowadays, which is why I have stopped making any Thanksgiving jokes around them. The last thing we need is a bunch of people from Istanbul coming over here and beating us with those giant drumsticks.
dimitrig
Big C said:

movielover said:

1. Russia
2. USA
3. China
4. Iran / Turkey?

I bet Turkey could clean our clock nowadays, which is why I have stopped making any Thanksgiving jokes around them. The last thing we need is a bunch of people from Istanbul coming over here and beating us with those giant drumsticks.

Istanbul was Constantinople
Now it's Istanbul, not Constantinople
Been a long time gone, Constantinople
Now it's Turkish delight on a moonlit night

Every gal in Constantinople
Lives in Istanbul, not Constantinople
So if you've a date in Constantinople
She'll be waiting in Istanbul

Even old New York was once New Amsterdam
Why they changed it I can't say
People just liked it better that way

So, take me back to Constantinople
No, you can't go back to Constantinople
Been a long time gone, Constantinople

Why did Constantinople get the works?
That's nobody's business but the Turks

bear2034

Where are these guys?
Zippergate
Why is the Uniparty so committed to Ukraine? Follow the money.

movielover
How much gets routed back to offshore accounts to US Congressmen? Even 1% ain't bad...

I wouldn't send another dime, maybe food.
bear2034
Zippergate said:

I understand greed, the love of money, and all that. But why not just invest in real estate or stock market? Why go through this trouble? I don't get it.
movielover
bear2034 said:

Zippergate said:

I understand greed, the love of money, and all that. But why not just invest in real estate or stock market? Why go through this trouble? I don't get it.

- Ignorant? (Russia isn't invading Poland or the EU)
- $$$ - from the Military Industrial Complex?
- pressure from senior leaders?
- Big Ag funding the war in order to acquire more Ukrainian ag land
Cal88
bear2034 said:

Zippergate said:

What Lindsay doesn't say is that for every Russian dying, at least 5 Ukrainians are also dying.
movielover
I don't think Russia will give up the Donbas, they've already secured some of the most valuable land.

Big Ag is acquiring farmland to fund Zelensky killing more Ukrainian men.
Cal88
Ukraine scored a major win today in what has otherwise been a disastrous Summer for them, hitting a major weapons storage facility 500km from the front, Russian equipment worth hundreds of millions vaporized:

movielover
... with NATO / USA assistance.
movielover
So our C-A and NATO provide logistics, satellite imagery, strategy, and real-time updates to Zelensky, ho ta J es the limuted-value PR stunt, and now they're blaming him. Were Blinken & Sullivan involved in this cluster-Fck?

Meanwhile, Colonel McGregor alleges Russia may be setting up for a big operation. It could be Putin wants to enact maximum damage before a possible Trump Presidency.
Zippergate
I think Putin was being honest when he said he prefers Kamala. He knows the Obama team is doing irreparable harm to the US and Russia just has to sit back and watch it happen.
movielover
Sadly, yes. Though with President Trump it becomes a more sane world.
dimitrig
Mass Hysteria said:

movielover said:

... with NATO / USA assistance.
Prison work outreach program for Ryan Routh

I don't see the quote "Personnel with previous Ukraine government service or experience as a member of the Armed Forces of the Ukraine are preferred" anywhere in that Tweet although it doesn't really matter if it did.

I would be surprised if the US wasn't training for a deployment to Ukraine. Soldiers train for all kinds of scenarios. Doesn't mean it will happen. Plans are plans.

Cal88
The two ends of the Ukraine meat grinder.

This is the equivalent of 2-3 days of war in Ukraine.
movielover
When are they going to wise up and start carrying protection?
movielover
bearister
"We have identified the names of 70,112 Russian soldiers killed in Ukraine, but the actual number is believed to be considerably higher."

Russia's war dead tops 70,000 as volunteers face 'meat grinder' - BBC News

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cjr3255gpjgo
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
movielover
bearister said:

"We have identified the names of 70,112 Russian soldiers killed in Ukraine, but the actual number is believed to be considerably higher."

Estimates of 700,000 or more dead Ukrainians, 100K plus amputees. Probably 150K dead Russians, which supports some estimates of a 5-to-1 kill ratio.
Cal88
bearister said:

^An accurate lower end estimate of Russian KIAs done with a reliable methodology, it does not however include first year Donbass DPR/LPR losses and some Wagner losses. The total figure for KIAs on the Russian side is probably around 90k-100k.

Quote:

Estimates of 700,000 or more dead Ukrainians, 100K plus amputees. Probably 150K dead Russians, which supports some estimates of a 5-to-1 kill ratio.
It's closer to 6-7 to 1. The Russians have waged this war with minimizing that ratio as their main objective.
movielover
It's still a devastating ratio.

Scott Ritter is claiming we came very close to Russia launching nuclear weapons - if NATO sent long-range missiles into Russia.

Reportedly, Biden was ready to sign off on the LR attacks, and Putin warned the West. Ritter hypothesis is that a back channel call was made, and Russia listed what cities it would hit. Biden allegedly was later seen, and he was very angry.

NATO / the West can't match Russia and now North Korea's manufacturing might. Forbes recently claims Russia fires 10K 155 shells a day, and UKR 2K. Low estimates, but still a huge imbalance. And who will man the machines, women?
Zippergate
Sorry, I have a hard time believing that at this point Biden's handlers are allowing him to make any decisions beyond what flavor of ice cream he's having.
bearister
Israel v Gaza kill ratio 34-1.
movielover
Zippergate said:

Sorry, I have a hard time believing that at this point Biden's handlers are allowing him to make any decisions beyond what flavor of ice cream he's having.

Or he was given the news after Obama, Jake Sullivan, Jeffrey Zients, and Lloyd Austin gave him their decision.
dimitrig
movielover said:

Scott Ritter is claiming we came very close to Russia launching nuclear weapons - if NATO sent long-range missiles into Russia.

Reportedly, Biden was ready to sign off on the LR attacks, and Putin warned the West. Ritter hypothesis is that a back channel call was made, and Russia listed what cities it would hit. Biden allegedly was later seen, and he was very angry.

NATO / the West can't match Russia and now North Korea's manufacturing might. Forbes recently claims Russia fires 10K 155 shells a day, and UKR 2K. Low estimates, but still a huge imbalance. And who will man the machines, women?

LOL @ NATO can't match North Korea's manufacturing might

Do you even read what you write?

smh
bearister said:

Israel v Gaza kill ratio 34-1.
genocidal israels slaughtering helpless civilians with american bombs is nothing to brag about
# holocaust -> baad
movielover
dimitrig said:

movielover said:

Correct. Which EU country is going to produce ammo for UKR?
bearister
I assume you know the spirit of the post. I fully support Israel's right to defend itself..,but I also believe in the Proportionality factor of the Just War Theory.
sycasey
dimitrig said:

movielover said:

Having to consistently maintain an "America Bad" philosophy leads people to some weird conclusions.
movielover
When questioned on basic facts, they often revert to personal attacks.

I backed the Afghanistan war, but then found out we were lied to. Did Powell lie to us, or did the CIA manipulate him?

Correct. The West - which has been de-industrializing for decades and is now consumed with social agendas and hi tech - can't produce the quantity of ammunition needed for a WWII artillery war. And the hi tech weapons have huge lead times. Russia appears to have a much lower cost basis for production, stockpiles, and now low-cost drones and glider bombs. Meanwhile, three years in, 45 Generals haven't figured a way out. Well, I guess they sent over cluster munitions.

First Page Last Page
Page 276 of 278

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.