The Official Russian Invasion of Ukraine Thread

801,935 Views | 9690 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by movielover
Cal88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dimitrig said:

movielover said:

It's still a devastating ratio.

Scott Ritter is claiming we came very close to Russia launching nuclear weapons - if NATO sent long-range missiles into Russia.

Reportedly, Biden was ready to sign off on the LR attacks, and Putin warned the West. Ritter hypothesis is that a back channel call was made, and Russia listed what cities it would hit. Biden allegedly was later seen, and he was very angry.

NATO / the West can't match Russia and now North Korea's manufacturing might. Forbes recently claims Russia fires 10K 155 shells a day, and UKR 2K. Low estimates, but still a huge imbalance. And who will man the machines, women?

LOL @ NATO can't match North Korea's manufacturing might

Do you even read what you write?

ML is right, Russia's current military production capacity dwarfs that of NATO, except for airplanes where ongoing production runs have not stopped for older planes like the F-16, F-15 as well as newer jets like the F-35. But in the basic artillery and tank "staples", Russia's current production rate is much larger than that of all of NATO combined.

This is due to structural and political (business) problems within the US MIC, which to this day don't appear to be resolved.

I am not sure about North Korea's production capacity, but it's probably among the top 3 in the world in artillery, as well they have one of the largest stockpiles of ammunition in the world. It is quite conceivable that they have increased their production capacity as they now have access to Russian commodities (metals, energy etc) as well as capital.
movielover
Reuters: "North Korea has shipped at least 16,500 containers of munitions and related materiel to Russia since September last year, and Russia had launched more than 65 of those missiles at targets in Ukraine, Robert Koepcke, U.S. deputy assistant secretary of state, said in a speech last week."

Forty foot shipping containers can hold 45,000 or more pounds.

https://www.reuters.com/world/north-korean-weapons-extending-russian-stockpiles-german-general-says-2024-09-09/
Big C

The US / NATO could ramp up production -- way up -- if we were highly motivated to do so (i.e. if we were being attacked).

There is a limit as to how serious we are about Ukraine actually winning. As there should be.
Cal88
bearister said:

Israel v Gaza kill ratio 34-1.

That might be close to the actual figure, if you include Gaza civilians, who make up well over 90% of Palestinians killed in Israel's Gaza campaign. The Israelis have basically been carpet bombing entire urban neighborhoods where adult males make up less than one third of the population, and Hamas fighters a small fraction of that adult male population.

The main goal of Israelis in Gaza is to destroy everything, massacre tens of thousands of Gazans and create conditions that will depopulate it by starving the population and depriving it of medial care and basic infrastructure.
bearister
movielover said:

Zippergate said:

Sorry, I have a hard time believing that at this point Biden's handlers are allowing him to make any decisions beyond what flavor of ice cream he's having.

Or he was given the news after Obama, Jake Sullivan, Jeffrey Zients, and Lloyd Austin gave him their decision.

tRump won't have that luxury seeing that no one any good will work for him anymore. He will be surrounded with people as incapable as he is, but they will swear fealty on a tRump Bible.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
movielover
Trump: no wars, 5 peace deals

Biden-Harris: 2 wars, no peace deals, no communication w Russia, threat of nuclear war on the table
bear2034

The Biden admin flew Zelensky over on a military cargo plane.

Cal88
Marsellus Wallace said:

Even Deep State war advocates admit that the U.S. will never be able to drive Russians out of Ukraine.

Victory for the neocons means another million plus Ukrainian killed on top of the current 600,000-700,000 in a futile attempt to retake the Donbas and Crimea, followed by a frozen stalemate where they can rearm what's left of Ukraine and repeat this process in 5 or 10 years. That's their plan, seriously.

That's not going to work, the result, to paraphrase Mearsheimer, is that Ukraine is going to be wrecked, and they will negotiate a deal that looks worse than what they were about to sign in Istanbul at the beginning of the war, 600,000 lives ago - thank you Boris Johnson.
bear2034

File this one under 'Not Satire".
bearister
Russia's new Sarmat ballistic missile 'blows up during test launch' | Russia | The Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/sep/23/russias-new-sarmat-ballistic-missile-blows-up-during-test-launch

smh
Cal88
bearister said:

Russia's new Sarmat ballistic missile 'blows up during test launch' | Russia | The Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/sep/23/russias-new-sarmat-ballistic-missile-blows-up-during-test-launch

This article has been released on the same day that Russia announced it was lowering the threshold for going nuclear:

movielover
Playing chess w idealogical idiots not a comfortable idea.
Cal88
A number of F-16s destroyed on the ground in western Ukraine base by Russian hypersonic Kinzhals.

This whole idea was half-baked, the F-16s and their crew at their bases are sitting ducks for Russian hypersonic missiles, and in the air for the 350km range R-37M air-to-air missiles from Su-35s/57s and Mig-31s.
Big C
Cal88 said:

A number of F-16s destroyed on the ground in western Ukraine base by Russian hypersonic Kinzhals.

This whole idea was half-baked, the F-16s and their crew at their bases are sitting ducks for Russian hypersonic missiles, and in the air for the 350km range R-37M air-to-air missiles from Su-35s/57s and Mig-31s.

Two questions:

1. How much does an F-16 cost?
2. What is the median average salary for a K-12 public school teacher in the US this year?

(asking for a friend)
Zippergate
"sanctions"

European exports to Kyrgyzstan

bear2034
bearister
Trump 'asked Putin for advice' about whether the US should help arm Ukraine

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-putin-ukraine-war-b2624488.html

"Fiona Hill, a member of Trump's National Security Council staff who was in the German city for the summit and briefed about the meeting by Tillerson, told The Times: "Putin was basically telling [Trump] that you can't trust Ukraine, and don't give them anything."

She added that Tillerson said Putin had done his "K.G.B. shtick" on Trump."
movielover
Tillerson wasn't around long, sour grapes.

Afghanistan proved to Putin Biden and Blinken were weak.

Putin sent a serious letter to Biden with demands re: Ukraine, which Biden didn't respond to.

Right before the SMO Biden seemed to publicly approve a small incursion.

Russia lauched a soft SMO, and all indications continue to conclude Putin primarily wanted a neutral Ukraine.

Zelensky and Putin agreed to a peace accord in Istanbul, which we scuttled via Boris Johnson.

We were emboldened by Russias soft beginning; Austin said we want to "weaken Russia"; Russia geared up and has now pulverized Ukraine and NATOs military. 700K KIA Ukrainians, 100K amputees, 20% of Ukraine under Russian control, and Russia is stronger militarily and economically.
movielover
Cal88
Russians shoot down new S-70 unmanned drone after losing control over it:

bearister
"Another Woodward revelation: Director of National Intelligence Avril Haines reported to the White House's National Security Council this spring that Russian President Vladimir Putin has inarguably been weakened by the Ukraine war, with an estimated 200,000 dead and $200+ billion spent.

But Haines warned that doesn't make Putin less dangerous: By being weakened, he's more dangerous."
-Axios

Exclusive | One Million Are Now Dead or Injured in the Russia-Ukraine War - WSJ

https://www.wsj.com/world/one-million-are-now-dead-or-injured-in-the-russia-ukraine-war-b09d04e5
movielover
You're taking the word of a C-A hack and professional dabbler? Dabblers can be quite dangerous. Physics student, cafe owner, wanna-be lawyer, C-A stooge.

She covered up C-A torture and also her brethren C-A personnel hacking the computers of Senate staffers. A real gem.

But let's review the outted illogical statement about Putin being weaker.

1 million dead
200K Russians killed
-------------------
800K Ukranians killed

And Woodward, isn't he allegedly another C-A stooge?
bearister
I've always been very impressed by the sources used by the Right on this board to support their nonsense: Catturd, amuse and most of the hacks on Substack that are all becoming millionaires shoveling a steady diet of bullsh@it to a bunch of angry maladjusted White men chasing conspiracy theories like so many windmills.

Eastern Oregon Bear
movielover said:

You're taking the word of a C-A hack and professional dabbler? Dabblers can be quite dangerous. Physics student, cafe owner, wanna-be lawyer, C-A stooge.

She covered up C-A torture and also her brethren C-A personnel hacking the computers of Senate staffers. A real gem.

1 million dead
200K Russians killed
-------------------
800K Ukranians killed

I'd ask you what C-A means, but after a moment of reflection, I decided I don't care to know.
oski003
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

movielover said:

1 million dead
200K Russians killed
-------------------
800K Ukranians killed

I'd ask you what C-A means, but after a moment of reflection, I decided I don't care to know.

You can take another moment of reflection and just figure it out for yourself.
Big C
bearister said:

I've always been very impressed by the sources used by the Right on this board to support their nonsense: Catturd, amuse and most of the hacks on Substack that are all becoming millionaires shoveling a steady diet of bullsh@it to a bunch of angry maladjusted White men chasing conspiracy theories like so many windmills.

Okay fine, you're on a rant, but just don't include their highly credible sources such as The Vigilant Fox and Lord Bebo.
Zippergate
bearister said:

Remember all those posts about Ukraine winning? About sanctions destroying the Russian economy? About Putin being dead? Good times.
Cal88
Big C said:

bearister said:

Okay fine, you're on a rant, but just don't include their highly credible sources such as The Vigilant Fox and Lord Bebo.

As Zipper mentioned above, sources like Lord Bebo turned out to be far more accurate in their reporting of the Ukraine war than the NYT, WaPo, CNN, Fox and so forth which have essentially become stenographers for NATO and the MIC.
bearister
I take it you're not saying Woodward is only truthful when he hammers Democrats but he is lying when he exposes tRump.
movielover
Most missed the real blockbuster revelation - Biden threatening Putin w a nuclear attack over our non-vital interest (Ukraine).
sycasey
Woodward does what he does because he wants to sell the most books.

That doesn't mean his reporting is wrong; I think he's pretty trustworthy. But the timing of the release is all for his own sales.
movielover
He has detractors, and how did he start in journalism as a cub reporter assigned one of the biggest stories ever?

The Wrap: Tucker Carlson Suggests Bob Woodward Was a CIA Asset Sent to Oust President Nixon: 'He Wasn't a Journalist'

""Who exactly was Bob Woodward? Well, he wasn't a journalist," Carlson continued. "Bob Woodward had no background whatsoever in the news business. Instead, Bob Woodward came directly from the classified areas of the federal government. Shortly before Watergate, Woodward was a naval officer at the Pentagon." "

https://www.thewrap.com/tucker-carlson-bob-woodward-cia-asset-president-nixon/
sycasey
movielover said:

He has detractors, and how did he start in journalism as a cub reporter assigned one of the biggest stories ever?

The Wrap: Tucker Carlson Suggests Bob Woodward Was a CIA Asset Sent to Oust President Nixon: 'He Wasn't a Journalist'

""Who exactly was Bob Woodward? Well, he wasn't a journalist," Carlson continued. "Bob Woodward had no background whatsoever in the news business. Instead, Bob Woodward came directly from the classified areas of the federal government. Shortly before Watergate, Woodward was a naval officer at the Pentagon." "

https://www.thewrap.com/tucker-carlson-bob-woodward-cia-asset-president-nixon/
If I'm to compare Bob Woodward to Tucker Carlson as a journalist, well . . . LOL.
bearister
Rise of the Dragons: Fire-Breathing Drones Duel in Ukraine DNyuz

https://dnyuz.com/2024/10/12/rise-of-the-dragons-fire-breathing-drones-duel-in-ukraine/

First Page
Page 277 of 278

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.