Another Shooting: This Time It Was A Texas Elementary School

30,987 Views | 503 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by concordtom
oski003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dimitrig said:

Big C said:

I thought it would be impossible in these times to unite the left and the right, but I had not considered "throwing the Uvalde cops under the bus".

Not to say they didn't kind of screw up, but still...

And what about that teacher that propped the door open? You know who told her to do that? Her teachers' union!

Like a guy with a rifle and 1000 rounds of ammo would have been deterred by a locked door.

I am pretty sure he would have just turned around and went home to wait for the police to arrest him upon encountering that obstacle.

Good point. I am going to stop locking my car doors because thieves CAN break in anyway. Might as well leave my front door open despite the huge increase in property crimes in my neighborhood. Thieves CAN get in my house anyway.
going4roses
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
dimitrig
oski003 said:

dimitrig said:

Big C said:

I thought it would be impossible in these times to unite the left and the right, but I had not considered "throwing the Uvalde cops under the bus".

And what about that teacher that propped the door open? You know who told her to do that? Her teachers' union!

Like a guy with a rifle and 1000 rounds of ammo would have been deterred by a locked door.

I am pretty sure he would have just turned around and went home to wait for the police to arrest him upon encountering that obstacle.

Good point. I am going to stop locking my car doors because thieves CAN break in anyway. Might as well leave my front door open despite the huge increase in property crimes in my neighborhood. Thieves CAN get in my house anyway.

I didn't say that, but it puts an undue amount of blame on the poor teacher as if the issue was a door propped open and not that the issue was a crazed gunman outside looking for ways to get in.

By the way, in areas with a lot of property crime I often leave my windows rolled down. Better to have someone rifle through the car then break the window and then rifle through the car anyway. In Hawaii it is really common to see cars parked with the windows down.

going4roses
On scene real time footage

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTd7Nfp7k/?k=1
Unit2Sucks
dimitrig said:

oski003 said:

dimitrig said:

Big C said:

I didn't say that, but it puts an undue amount of blame on the poor teacher as if the issue was a door propped open and not that the issue was a crazed gunman outside looking for ways to get in.

By the way, in areas with a lot of property crime I often leave my windows rolled down. Better to have someone rifle through the car then break the window and then rifle through the car anyway. In Hawaii it is really common to see cars parked with the windows down.

Short version of Oski003 when addressing an issue with rather obvious conclusions: "But what if it wasn't?"

Don't mistake his contrarian challenges with any sort of studied conviction.
oski003
dimitrig said:

oski003 said:

dimitrig said:

Big C said:

Ick. Even with Soros funded DAs trying to turn California this way and property crime surging, I lock my doors. I do make sure, however, to leave nothing valuable visible. I understand that easy access to guns is a real problem. However, the reason schools lock gates and doors is for the students' safety. To ignore such because **** will happen anyway because "guns," is not a step forward.
BearForce2
dimitrig said:

oski003 said:

dimitrig said:

Big C said:

In Hawaii, aren't they leaving their car windows slightly open mainly to keep it cool? I didn't know they have a smash and grab problem like they do in S.F.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
going4roses
Big C
oski003 said:

dimitrig said:

oski003 said:

dimitrig said:

Big C said:

Ick. Even with Soros funded DAs trying to turn California this way and property crime surging, I lock my doors. I do make sure, however, to leave nothing valuable visible. I understand that easy access to guns is a real problem. However, the reason schools lock gates and doors is for the students' safety. To ignore such because **** will happen anyway because "guns," is not a step forward.

It's taken a week, but we've finally found the real killer: George Soros!
Unit2Sucks
Big C said:

oski003 said:

dimitrig said:

oski003 said:

dimitrig said:

Big C said:

It's taken a week, but we've finally found the real killer: George Soros!
Nope, Fox now saying it's weed lol. I guess if we were worried about people murdering a bag of Doritos that could be the case. Note the extremely misleading chyron. The link has been "well researched" but it hasn't been established because there is no link.

DiabloWags
Unit2Sucks said:

Short version of Oski003 when addressing an issue with rather obvious conclusions: "But what if it wasn't?"

You've just summed up 5,558 worthless posts.
Well done!
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
oski003
DiabloWags said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Well done!

Short version of diablo's posts:. You are so stupid and the board is so stupid and embarrassing to Cal.

Short version of USucks posts: people with views like this do these terrible things therefore your views are terrible. Facts and actions must support my ultimate noble goals and the ends justifies the means. Get in line contrarian.
Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Well done!

Short version of diablo's posts:. You are so stupid and the board is so stupid and embarrassing to Cal.

Short version of USucks posts: people with views like this do these terrible things therefore your views are terrible. Facts and actions must support my ultimate noble goals and the ends justifies the means. Get in line contrarian.
I don't know if I should wait for you to argue with yourself or not before responding but it's worth considering why your views so frequently match up with people who do terrible things.
going4roses
They are comical
okaydo
This is cool.

dimitrig
okaydo said:

This is cool.

What's he supposed to do with it?

BearForce2
oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Well done!

Wags needs discipline in his life, he needs a Teri McKeever.

U2Sucks is anti-science.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
Unit2Sucks
dimitrig said:

okaydo said:

This is cool.

What's he supposed to do with it?

I think this signals the end to the GOP required mandatory waiting period where we can't demand change in response to mass shootings. That means we have from today until the next mass shooting to do something, anything.

Crap, there was another mass shooting in Texas yesterday so we have to re-start the clock. Will you let me know when the next mandatory waiting period subsides?
okaydo
Wow, Republicans are doing something.

bearister
My prediction:

Some drunk school security guard or a gunned up teacher will plant a hollow point in the forehead of one of these unannounced "auditors," and Texas will be one moron short.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
dimitrig
okaydo said:

Wow, Republicans are doing something.

Yes, because the problem is that schools don't have moats, minefields, and bulletproof glass.

It has nothing to do with assault weapons being available to anyone over 18 who wants one no questions asked.

dimitrig

By the way, the official State of Texas web site shows this as their error when a page can't be found:

Page Not Found

Come and Take It…to another page. The page you were looking for could not be found. Try using the search or take a look at the site maps below to help find the page you are looking for.

Lovely.
bearister

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
going4roses
That thread is wild
BearForce2

Berkeley Police arrested a Berkeley High student on suspicion of a mass shooting plot.
going4roses
Your beloved country just like you(y'all) made it
Unit2Sucks
Hmmm.

DiabloWags
Big C said:

And what about that teacher that propped the door open? You know who told her to do that? Her teachers' union! Why, if Robb Elementary had only been a charter school, then that door-propping teacher would have been let go years ago and replaced by a no-nonsense teacher packing a .357 magnum!

State police officials have been forced to amend portions of their timeline of events several times, including last week when it became clear that a school district police officer had not confronted the gunman before he entered the school. They did so again on Tuesday, when the department said that the gunman did not enter through a door that was being propped open. Instead, the closed door had not been locked.

"After examining video evidence we were able to conclude that after propping the door open with a rock, the teacher ran back inside when she saw the shooter, and removed the rock and the door shut," Mr. Considine said. "Investigators are now looking at why the door did not lock properly when it was shut."

Uvalde Teacher Spoke With Husband, a Police Officer, Before She Died - The New York Times (nytimes.com)
82gradDLSdad
bearister said:

I'm breaking a lot of my rules by responding on this...but this is powerful. If indeed children are training for active shooter situations to the extent that they can teach adults what to do then the final step is training teachers AND ARMING TEACHERS to be able to take out a combatant. Just training everyone to get down and keep quiet seems like only half the solution. I'm no gun nut. I own a pistol that I inherited. I've gone to my local range once and went through 30 minutes of training. Fired a few rounds and now have my pistol under my nightstand loaded but broken apart (revolver part open). If someone breaks into my house and comes up the stairs I will shout out a warning but if the intruder doesn't leave he/she will be shot. I'm well aware of the dangers, I've got plenty of law enforcement friends, but I've decided I don't just want to be a victim.
going4roses
Just imagine every law enforcement officer is the potential threat just like a like a mass shooter (in the house or not) from birth to death … everyday of ones life people live with that threat.

Then add the 80 million that voted for …. Especially the those on capital hill jan 6 outside and in Congress

Plus anyone with that similar mindset

That's the difference between the buffalo shooter and the tx shooter
Big C
82gradDLSdad said:

bearister said:

I'm breaking a lot of my rules by responding on this...but this is powerful. If indeed children are training for active shooter situations to the extent that they can teach adults what to do then the final step is training teachers AND ARMING TEACHERS to be able to take out a combatant. Just training everyone to get down and keep quiet seems like only half the solution. I'm no gun nut. I own a pistol that I inherited. I've gone to my local range once and went through 30 minutes of training. Fired a few rounds and now have my pistol under my nightstand loaded but broken apart (revolver part open). If someone breaks into my house and comes up the stairs I will shout out a warning but if the intruder doesn't leave he/she will be shot. I'm well aware of the dangers, I've got plenty of law enforcement friends, but I've decided I don't just want to be a victim.

While I'm not 100% against the idea of having a few teachers being armed and well-trained, I must be 97%, with my main concern being the potential for accidents, misuse and theft. Speaking of theft, we had our house burglarized a few years ago and it looked like the first place they searched through was my nightstand. Yikes.

Just curious, I wonder what the number of kids who have died in school shootings is, compared with the number of kids who have died in shootings and car accidents on Friday and Saturday nights. I'm guessing that those numbers would reveal that school is a relatively safe place, though we sure hear about it when it's not.
82gradDLSdad
Big C said:

82gradDLSdad said:

bearister said:

While I'm not 100% against the idea of having a few teachers being armed and well-trained, I must be 99%, with my main concern being the potential for accidents, misuse and theft. Speaking of theft, we had our house burglarized a few years ago and it looked like the first place they searched through was my nightstand. Yikes.

Just curious, I wonder what the number of kids who have died in school shooting is, compared with the number of kids who have died in shootings and car accidents on Friday and Saturday nights. I'm guessing that those numbers would reveal that school is a relatively safe place, though we sure hear about it when it's not.

I will admit that should I ever have grandkids (didn't have the gun when my kids were young) the loaded gun will get reexamined.
DiabloWags
82gradDLSdad said:

bearister said:

Hope you do a lot more practice shooting at the range.

When an intruder is in your home and you go to grab your gun, the adrenaline will be pumping and you'll find that the difficulty factor of using your gun just went up by 50x.
DiabloWags
5 people shot at a funeral in Racine, Wisconsin today.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/multiple-people-injured-shooting-wisconsin-cemetery-funeral-rcna31737

82gradDLSdad
DiabloWags said:

82gradDLSdad said:

bearister said:

Hope you do a lot more practice shooting at the range.

When an intruder is in your home and you go to grab your gun, the adrenaline will be pumping and you'll find that the difficulty factor of using your gun just went up by 50x.

Maybe. You don't know me though so tough for you to say how I'll react. Good generalization though.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.