Trump Voters Need a New Direction - Peggy Noonan

4,826 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Anarchistbear
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Once again, Ms. Noonan nails it.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/january-6-trump-voters-election-fraud-lies-2024-presidential-candidate-hillary-clinton-11655415629?st=lmiko5h1x9iw8em&reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink
blungld
Friggin terrifying that that is considered moderate reasonable conservatism--what she accepts and justifies. But yes, she is the better of several hundred other evils.

"The Bear will not quilt, the Bear will not dye!"
BearForce2
DiabloWags said:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/january-6-trump-voters-election-fraud-lies-2024-presidential-candidate-hillary-clinton-11655415629?st=lmiko5h1x9iw8em&reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink

Noonan knows the inevitable is coming but she can't accept it and sounds like she's in denial. At least she acknowledges the Afghanistan withdrawal disaster, inflation, and the border. But she fails to see that Americans don't care about the same things the Democrats in DC do.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
bearister
blungld said:

Friggin terrifying that that is considered moderate reasonable conservatism--what she accepts and justifies. But yes, she is the better of several hundred other evils.

Noonan:
" …start with the obvious. I never meet Americans who love America more than Trump people do. They really love its history, what it means in the world, what it's done."*

Reply: How do you think the average tRump supporter, much less tRump himself, would do on a standardized high school civics or history exam?

*Is she being sarcastic and it went over my head?
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
DiabloWags
bearister said:

blungld said:

Noonan:
" …start with the obvious. I never meet Americans who love America more than Trump people do. They really love its history, what it means in the world, what it's done."*

Reply: How do you think the average tRump supporter, much less tRump himself, would do on a standardized high school civics or history exam?

It's hard to discern because she should be terribly aware that the average Trump supporter is extremely ignorant, is an isolationist, and couldnt care any less about American exceptionalism.

Maybe she had one too many glasses of wine?

bearister
…or had a pot gummy like Maureen Dowd and then wrote about it like she snorted heroin.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
DiabloWags
I think she was speaking to how genuine the feelings for America that Trumpers have.

I would have left it at that.
But she embellished.
blungld
DiabloWags said:

I think she was speaking to how genuine the feelings for America that Trumpers have.

But she embellished.

If the underlying truth or beliefs are false, ignorant, or misplaced, can it still be genuine? Can you be genuine in your white supremacy for example?

kelly09
DiabloWags said:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/january-6-trump-voters-election-fraud-lies-2024-presidential-candidate-hillary-clinton-11655415629?st=lmiko5h1x9iw8em&reflink=desktopwebshare_
kelly09
DiabloWags said:

https://amgreatness.com/2022/06/19/so-why-exactly-should-we-vote-republican/
helltopay1
Peggy Noonan has always been one of the most sane, objective writers in America. She is one of my heroes. Her prose is unsurpassed. If she were President, we would all sleep better. She is a great patriot. She understands Trump. She also understand that the Demos have been coming off the guard rails for about 50 years..
helltopay1
Blun.....You look awfully white..Prove you are not a white supremacist.
DiabloWags
blungld said:

DiabloWags said:

But she embellished.

If the underlying truth or beliefs are false, ignorant, or misplaced, can it still be genuine? Can you be genuine in your white supremacy for example?

Yes.
The feelings that Trumpers have are indeed authentic.
The underlying beliefs are not required to be true in order for their feelings to be authentic.
The Religious Right Wing is emblematic of this.
Big C
DiabloWags said:

blungld said:

DiabloWags said:

But she embellished.

Yes.
The underlying beliefs are not required to be true in order for their feelings to be authentic.

In the America that I grew up learning to love, we were taught that a great strength of this country is the ideas which we were founded on and that forged our democratic (small "d") system of government. Also that, when push came to shove, we would come together as a people and make necessary sacrifices for the common good.

I never heard anything about elections being valid only if your guy won, or that the President of Russia's word can be taken over that of our own officials, or that thugs trying to subvert our government is a good thing.
Eastern Oregon Bear
Big C said:

DiabloWags said:

blungld said:

DiabloWags said:

But she embellished.

Yes.

In the America that I grew up learning to love, we were taught that a great strength of this country are the ideas which we were founded on and that forged our democratic (small "d") system of government. Also that, when push came to shove, we would come together as a people and make necessary sacrifices for the common good.

I never heard anything about elections being valid only if your guy won, or that the President of Russia's word can be taken over that of our own officials, or that thugs trying to subvert our government is a good thing.
I used to have a lot of hope and confidence about the future of America. Now I'm just hoping we can make it another 20 years until the current angry and bitter anti-democracy sociopaths move on to MAGA purgatory. Maybe things will improve after that.
helltopay1
big C...Indeed!!!!!So how come you are not a Republican??You have the right goals and ideas....just the wrong party. Please see this November..
helltopay1
Why is it so difficult for Cal grads to separate Trumpism from Trump?????Trump pledged to defeat the SWAMP in Washington. He had some success and a lot of misses. But, normal, sane Republican voters as well as many independent voters can easily separate the man from his political instincts and accomplishments over a four-year period.
Basically, a good economy
Got NATO to start paying their fair share
No new wars or stupid wars
Got north Korea to stop firing missiles into the sea of Japan
No Russian Ukraine on his watch
No China rehearsals to take over Taiwan
No flooding of illegals on our Southern border
No stagflation ( combo of inflation and recession)
made himself available to the people for press conferences
Helped Israel at every opportunity
Installed judges who are faithful to the constitution
did not coddle China at every opportunity
Was the driving force behind Operation Warp speed
cut taxes for everybody
Cut business regulations

yes...I am aware of his imperfections. And, yes, I am aware that Jan 6th would not have happened without him.
And, I am aware that his personal style caused much chaos in the Oval Office.
But, as typed above, I am also aware that he was largely a one-man gang in fighting the bi-partisan SWAMP in DC which has oppressed and alienated so many helpless Americans. Sometimes, the great American people fought back..In 2010 the people fought back. With Obama in power, Republicans CRUSHED the demos both in the House and the Senate. same thing happened with Bill Clinton. At least he got the message!!!!!! ok!!!OK!!!!I'll stop the bat s*** craziness of my party...Biden has NOT STOPPED THE BAT S*** craziness of his party. He and his party will pay the price this November...amazing Cal grads cannot figure these things out!!!
Eastern Oregon Bear
helltopay1 said:

Why is it so difficult for Cal grads to separate Trumpism from Trump?????Trump pledged to defeat the SWAMP in Washington. He had some success and a lot of misses. But, normal, sane Republican voters as well as many independent voters can easily separate the man from his political instincts and accomplishments over a four-year period.
Basically, a good economy
Got NATO to start paying their fair share
No new wars or stupid wars
Got north Korea to stop firing missiles into the sea of Japan
No Russian Ukraine on his watch
No China rehearsals to take over Taiwan
No flooding of illegals on our Southern border
No stagflation ( combo of inflation and recession)
made himself available to the people for press conferences
Helped Israel at every opportunity
Installed judges who are faithful to the constitution
did not coddle China at every opportunity
Was the driving force behind Operation Warp speed
cut taxes for everybody
Cut business regulations

yes...I am aware of his imperfections. And, yes, I am aware that Jan 6th would not have happened without him.
And, I am aware that his personal style caused much chaos in the Oval Office.
But, as typed above, I am also aware that he was largely a one-man gang in fighting the bi-partisan SWAMP in DC which has oppressed and alienated so many helpless Americans. Sometimes, the great American people fought back..In 2010 the people fought back. With Obama in power, Republicans CRUSHED the demos both in the House and the Senate. same thing happened with Bill Clinton. At least he got the message!!!!!! ok!!!OK!!!!I'll stop the bat s*** craziness of my party...Biden has NOT STOPPED THE BAT S*** craziness of his party. He and his party will pay the price this November...amazing Cal grads cannot figure these things out!!!

Hey helltopay1! Here's about 20 more examples of you lying. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to point out and explain it to you now. Besides, if I did, you would ignore it and keep posting this s*h*i*t again in a day or two, so why bother?

As for separating Trump from Trumpism, I don't any evidence that Trumpists like you are doing it. Who's the leading GOP 2024 Presidential candidate?
helltopay1
Every word I typed was true.....
DiabloWags
helltopay1 said:

Why is it so difficult for Cal grads to separate Trumpism from Trump?????Trump pledged to defeat the SWAMP in Washington.

Are you really this gullible?

How does one DRAIN THE SWAMP by appointing the CEO of EXXON as your Chief of Staff, a Banker from GOLDMAN SACHS as your Treasury Secretary, a Billionaire as your Commerce Secretary, and an Executive from BOEING as your Secretary of Defense who never spent a day in the military?

Are you really this gullible?
This out of touch?
DiabloWags
helltopay1 said:

Every word I typed was true.....

Hahahahahahahaha!
BearGoggles
I really like Peggy Noonan. I like the style of her writing and usually the substance. But to think that the typical Trump voter gives two poops about what she writes/thinks is quite hysterical. Her advocating against him makes the trump voters like him more.

Trump exists precisely because the Noonans of the world were (and still are) swampy/establishment republicans.

My hope is that Trump doesn't run and if he does, that he loses in the primary. If he's the candidate, whether he wins will be largely a function of who he runs against. He will defeat Biden, Kamala, and probably Buttigieg. If the Dems nominate a more mainstream/likable/seemingly competent candidate (Gavin Newsom?), then Trump will very likley lose (assuming the economy is only bad and not awful).

Biden won because he was more likable and perceived as moderate and competent (turns out for both, not so much). Trump will have a hard time beating a quality candidate because his negatives are so high. Can the dems find such a candidate?

And for the record, I think the dems are praying that Trump is the candidate. If the republicans manage to nominate a strong candidate (DeSantis being the obvious choice, but there are others), he/she will beat virtually anyone the dems can nominate.
BearForce2
Newsom vs. Trump
California vs. America
Woke vs. MAGA

The state of California brought us Pelosi, Schiff, Swalwell, Kamala, Waters, Lieu....all major liars .Newsom is perceived as a moderate to Californians but will be exposed if he decides to run, not by the media who will protect him, but by the people of this nation who know residents are fleeing his state in droves.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
OsoDorado
BearForce2 said:

Newsom vs. Trump
California vs. America
Woke vs. MAGA

The state of California brought us Pelosi, Schiff, Swalwell, Kamala, Waters, Lieu....all major liars.
The California Democratic politicians are "major liars". Are you suggesting that, in contrast, Donald Trump has absolute integrity? If not, please name 3 of his most egregious lies.

Edit -- P.S. -- that was a rhetorical question I know you won't answer. Do you have principles? What would you say if a Democratic President did all the things Trump did to try to steal the election? Do any of the revelations of the Jan. 6th committee matter to you at all, or not at all because your man was President at the time?

I ask again rhetorically, because I know you will not admit Trump is a liar, let alone a criminal.
concordtom
bearister said:

blungld said:

Noonan:

People at a WWF show are pretty into it, too?

Love America? Come on, now. That's not what's going on, Peggy.
dajo9
BearGoggles said:

I really like Peggy Noonan. I like the style of her writing and usually the substance. But to think that the typical Trump voter gives two poops about what she writes/thinks is quite hysterical. Her advocating against him makes the trump voters like him more.

Trump exists precisely because the Noonans of the world were (and still are) swampy/establishment republicans.

Peggy Noonan is the voice of the few establishment Republicans out there who no longer have a meaningful political party in America because they no longer have any meaningful voting constituency because their policies and Presidents have been miserable failures.
American Vermin
DiabloWags
OsoDorado said:

I ask again rhetorically, because I know you will not admit Trump is a liar, let alone a criminal.

Why bother?
BearFarce wont even tell you what his major was when he allegedly attended CAL.
76BearsFly
Pretty good list there H2P. You left out all the drugs being walked across the border by cartels killing so many of our people. Last admin shut that down. The Abrahamic accords were achieved against all odds. Moving the US embassy to Jerusalem. Recognizing that oil independence was, and could be again, one of the strongest cards in our hand. Standing up to NATO partners who had been "gaming" us for years. Oh yeah, tax reform truly ignited our economy rather than the excessive spending by current admin for "social programs" masquerading as economic help for the US. It goes on and on.

Ms. Noonan fails to grasp the real mood of every day Americans who are fed up with heavy-handed government telling them how to think and that they know better what is best for them. Trump is good at capitalizing on those feelings and his track record engenders a feeling of hope in them.

DeSantis is clearly a strong contender and a rising force. One thing is for sure, the people are fed-up with being marginalized by the Washington elite ruling class and their bureaucracy or "deep state" henchmen. I predict a massive push back from the people who just want freedom. I long for the days of free-speech at Cal as well as Berkeley.

Noonan would benefit from a road-trip across America visiting breakfast cafes, church bazaars, bars, parades and 7:00 am AA mtgs. A whole different perspective on the beating heart of America would be revealed.
DiabloWags
dajo9 said:

BearGoggles said:

Peggy Noonan is the voice of the few establishment Republicans out there who no longer have a meaningful political party in America because they no longer have any meaningful voting constituency because their policies and Presidents have been miserable failures.

This is funny, yet oh so predictable from you.

You sure are giving a lot of credibility to MAGA morons who barely made it through high school.
That is unless you're claiming that the successful "policies" of Trump were spreading racism and white nationalism.
It's funny to hear someone imply that the Republican Party has lost its way because of MAGA morons who understand "policy".

lol

dajo9
DiabloWags said:

dajo9 said:

BearGoggles said:

This is funny, yet oh so predictable from you.

You sure are giving a lot of credibility to MAGA morons who barely made it through high school.
That is unless you're claiming that the successful "policies" of Trump were spreading racism and white nationalism.
It's funny to hear someone imply that the Republican Party has lost its way because of MAGA morons who understand "policy".

lol

People know they've been losing out since the advent of the conservative economic policies brought on by Reagan and people also know we've been in stupid wars. It doesn't take a policy genius to understand that. And yes, the "successful" policies of of Trump have been to turn that discontent into typical fascist scapegoating though Trump mostly implements the same failed economic policies.
American Vermin
BearGoggles
dajo9 said:

BearGoggles said:

I think the hard core Trump supporters would certainly agree with this sentiment.
AunBear89
helltopay1 said:

Every word I typed was a word.....

FIFY
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
blungld
76BearsFly said:

...Americans who are fed up with heavy-handed government telling them how to think...

...marginalized by the Washington elite ruling class and their bureaucracy or "deep state"...
Yes, if there's one thing no one can accuse Trump and his media support propaganda machine of is telling people how to think. It's a signature of Trumpism the ability to listen and talk freely and openly and that there are no orthodox tribal speaking points that should you contradict or question will result in you being portrayed as traitor or RINO. All thoughts and words welcome should be the MAGA motto!

Oh, but any person using the term "deep state" non-ironically has just flagged themselves as a dupe. It's amazing that Trump and his administration ran the election and government for 4 years and he is the all powerful Oz and the only one who could save America and yet there was still a Deep State (where and who are they again exactly? Boogeymen?) that conducted the election and ran his government. It seems one could make the claim that if Trump was subject to the Deep State and their election, then he wasn't in charge and can't take credit for anything you listed and/or he is ineffectual and incompetent. Which is it?

DiabloWags
76BearsFly said:

Ms. Noonan fails to grasp the real mood of every day Americans who are fed up with heavy-handed government telling them how to think and that they know better what is best for them. Trump is good at capitalizing on those feelings and his track record engenders a feeling of hope in them.

DeSantis is clearly a strong contender and a rising force. One thing is for sure, the people are fed-up with being marginalized by the Washington elite ruling class and their bureaucracy or "deep state" henchmen. I predict a massive push back from the people who just want freedom. I long for the days of free-speech at Cal as well as Berkeley.

Noonan would benefit from a road-trip across America visiting breakfast cafes, church bazaars, bars, parades and 7:00 am AA mtgs. A whole different perspective on the beating heart of America would be revealed.

I'm sorry, but its comical that you would make such a claim about Peggy Noonan.

It literally tells me that you dont even know who she is, let alone how she repeatedly touches upon heavy handed government and constantly touches upon Midwestern sentiment in contrast to liberal elites that conveniently dismiss them and call them "fly-over" states.

Here . . . let me give you a hint:

DiabloWags
Another hint.... for the people sitting WAAAAAY IN THE BAAAAAAACK.

Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.