Trump Says FBI is Searching Mar-a-Lago!

43,081 Views | 640 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by AunBear89
going4roses
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AunBear89 said:

Talking to the mirror again?

Talking and licking
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
BearForce2
AunBear89 said:

Talking to the mirror again?
That's definitely more interesting than talking to you. lol.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
BearForce2
concordtom said:

So, maybe this is why they searched.

They were searching for enriched uranium under Mar-a-Lago gifted by Putin.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
BearForce2
DiabloWags said:

This is why no attorney worth their salt is willing to represent the Orange Buffoon...

ITS A LOSER.

Wigs, your boy Stelter is out at CNN.
Unit2Sucks
We couldn't have picked a worse family to provide access to our most important national security assets.

But her emails sure.

GoOskie
TBF, it's only the guest network. But, yea, the trumps are despicable morons who shouldn't have ANY info related to nat sec.
Unit2Sucks
GoOskie said:

TBF, it's only the guest network. But, yea, the trumps are despicable morons who shouldn't have ANY info related to nat sec.
Exactly. Clintons rightfully took flack for their poorly secured network / IT infrastructure during the but her emails controversy. Fortunately, from a national security standpoint, she had nothing on her private server that was remotely sensitive. There was a small amount of information which was sensitive when sent (my speculation is that it related to travel and scheduling) but nothing remotely approaching our national security. There were references to SCI materials in the emails that would have to be reviewed in a SCIF so the staff clearly knew there were lines that should never be crossed. There were only a handful of emails that were marked as classified - something like 8 out of the 30,000+ and the FBI determined another few dozen should also have been classified when sent. The reason I am confident that it was nothing important is because we damn well know Trump and his team scoured the materials and would have publicly released (redacted if necessary) anything remotely concerning. Because they didn't do that, we know there was nothing there.

This is all a long way of saying, I can't imagine trusting the Trump family small business to take any efforts to protect our national security interests. They stored vital SCI materials in a store room in their publicly open seaside resort, which is known to have been crawling with spies and which the Secret Service had trouble securing. It was a major concern for intelligence agencies during the 4 years of the Trump Tower hillbillies occupying the white house and no one could reasonably think it would improve with the reduced security apparatus post-presidency.

I would expect a major effort by international spies, domestic terrorists, script kiddies and real hackers to infiltrate Trump's network. Lord knows what they have stored. The Russians almost definitely hacked everything and chose not to release it because they still think that staying on Trump's good side is beneficial to their long-term aims.
Unit2Sucks
Remarkably dumb statement from 45. Amazing that anyone thinks this is a smart person.

I love that there is no one over there who would tell him that "unwarranted" is a stupid term to use when complaining about a search executed with a valid warrant. Ditto for the concept of executive privilege. Quelle surprise that the parking garage lawyer representing him now failed to educate him.

His garbage lawyers also filed an irredeemably poor motion today. In order to prove they can't do anything right, they filed it as a pro se motion indicating that Trump isn't represented by counsel, which of course isn't true.

The motion is full of crazy statements, many of which are obviously false, but includes some gems.

ok sorry one last burn lol.

DiabloWags
Miss Haberman says that the FBI has counted 300 classified documents thus far.
No wonder why the FBI moved in so quickly.

Trump Had More Than 300 Classified Documents at Mar-a-Lago (yahoo.com)
concordtom
GoOskie said:

the trumps are despicable morons who shouldn't have ANY info related to nat sec.

What a F-up it has been for this country to have allowed a complete criminal, amoral, AH like Trump into our political space.

There are two historical concepts he makes me ponder:
Capital punishment, and
Swift and speedy trial.
concordtom
DiabloWags said:

Miss Haberman says that the FBI has counted 300 classified documents thus far.
No wonder why the FBI moved in so quickly.

Trump Had More Than 300 Classified Documents at Mar-a-Lago (yahoo.com)

Yet, the Trumpist news orgs continue to offer up endless trial balloons on why what he did was okay.
Mind boggling
Stunning
Ghastly
going4roses
Allowing him into the political space wasn't the issue … the mindset that him and those that voted for him share is the real problem.

That old way is burning the house down
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
concordtom
going4roses said:

Allowing him into the political space wasn't the issue … the mindset that him and those that voted for him share is the real problem.

That old way is burning the house down

People are malleable, so leadership is important.
Unit2Sucks
This is damning for Trump and his team. No surprise that this proves Trump and his "lawyers" lied profusely over the last few weeks. Also, makes me think that Trump stole some of these documents to impede an ongoing investigation. He's going down. And his team is incredibly stupid and ill-suited to protecting him from his worst instincts (which are really all of his instincts, it's not like he has any good ones).

Unit2Sucks
In case anyone is interested in learning just how bad Trump's ridiculous motion was yesterday, check out this thread. Long story short, they filed an invalid brief in the wrong court which never had a prayer of succeeding. What's unclear is whether his parking garage lawyer knows that this is a joke motion or whether this was solely designed to deplorable signal to Fox News viewers. It's not a serious motion and just further proves how incredibly out of his depth Trump is. The fact that we as a nation let him anywhere near a major party nomination, let alone elected him, is going to be a continuing source of embarrassment for generations to come. It's no less ridiculous than the Chiefs choosing to bench Mahomes in favor of Trump on the morning of the super bowl. The results were predictable and we're living in that world now.

DiabloWags
..so, ok, they are in the wrong court with a document that follows no standard of judicial procedure. Bad start. Gets worse. Trump clearly wrote huge portions of this, even though three lawyers signed it. There are repeated sections with "my" and "I" in it (like "my house").

Hahahahahaaaaa!
calbear93
Honestly, Trump is the Democrats' best friend.

Based on history, the Democrats should be slaughtered in the midterms in both houses of congress.

Trump is the wild card. Truly despicable character actor in the form of Trump who drowns out a legitimate debate on differing views on economic and monetary policies, things that directly impact every day life. This character actor leads the Republican party over the cliff by supporting candidates who are so out there that even people who disagree with the economic policies of the left (things that impact them most immediately) may vote for a moderate Democrat to avoid having any more far right clowns in Congress. Georgia senate seat is a prime example.

Y'all should hope that Trump continues to play an oversized role. Without Trump and with the unpopularity of Biden, Trump is your best hope to avoid losing both houses in 2022 and the White House in 2024. You will still lose the House but Senate is in contention because of the loonies the Republicans nominated when moderately conservative candidates who addresses economic issues and parental rights would run over the Democrats.
Unit2Sucks
calbear93 said:

Based on history, the Democrats should be slaughtered in the midterms in both houses of congress.

Trump is the wild card. Truly despicable character actor in the form of Trump who drowns out a legitimate debate on differing views on economic and monetary policies, things that directly impact every day life. This character actor leads the Republican party over the cliff by supporting candidates who are so out there that even people who disagree with the economic policies of the left (things that impact them most immediately) may vote for a moderate Democrat to avoid having any more far right clowns in Congress. Georgia senate seat is a prime example.

Y'all should hope that Trump continues to play an oversized role. Without Trump and with the unpopularity of Biden, Trump is your best hope to avoid losing both houses in 2022 and the White House in 2024. You will still lose the House but Senate is in contention because of the loonies the Republicans nominated when moderately conservative candidates who addresses economic issues and parental rights would run over the Democrats.
A lot to unpack here. I guess I would just challenge whether and why the presumption is that he democrats would be slaughtered in a "typical" midterm.

Inflation is super high but in just about all other respects, the economy is doing well. Unemployment is historically low (3.5%) and that isn't expected to change before the midterms. People's personal financial situations are as strong as they've been in decades, if ever. Thanks to legislative wins, we've meaningfully reduced child poverty and. We've extricated ourselves from the longest war in US history and have very little of our military exposed to combat risk right now. We've also basically put a halt to our overseas drone strike campaigns. Gas prices are continuing to drop, so that's one less talking point. Compared to the eurozone, our economy has proven incredibly strong and resilient and we are well positioned to survive the impending recession, whenever it comes and in whatever form it eventually takes. And of course, all of the theocratic nonsense we've seen post-Dobbs is providing tailwinds to progressive voters.

The media is constantly doing it's doom and gloom with headlines like "so and so seems to be going well and why that's bad for Biden" but it's not clear to me that things are actually bad right now. I do understand why people are motivated to claim that it is however and that those claims will impact the election. And ultimately I agree with you that when the Ds keep the senate (and possibly expand their position) they will have Trump to thank for endorsing horrible candidates. I'm not sure who the D candidate for POTUS will be in 2024, but I think he or she will have another weak R to run against, whether it's Trump or some Trump lite like Desantis, who will get zero support from Trump, and if we're being honest will probably be eviscerated because as long as Trump is alive he won't let any other R steal his spotlight.

The biggest problem is that the GOP is still a clear and present danger to the US and it's unclear when it will return again to being a party that is genuinely interested in governing with a conservative view. Although I may not necessarily agree with all of the conservative views that the party may eventually propose to govern with, I look forward to the party having a policy agenda and actually trying to make the country better. It's been years since that's been the case.

calbear93
Unit2Sucks said:

calbear93 said:

A lot to unpack here. I guess I would just challenge whether and why the presumption is that he democrats would be slaughtered in a "typical" midterm.

Party holding the presidency, especially when the approval rating of the president is low, gets slaughtered in the midterms.

Biden's polls are embarrassingly low, and people's sentiments (whether you think justified or not) on economic future is low.

https://www.brookings.edu/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/vitalstats_ch2_tbl4.pdf

https://www.vox.com/22899204/midterm-elections-president-biden-thermostatic-opinion

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-the-presidents-party-almost-always-has-a-bad-midterm/

I know this is not the first time you are hearing this about the midterms, so I would guess you know the history.

All the rest is great for intellectual debate but not for predicting how people will vote.

sycasey
Supreme Court striking down abortion protections (Dobbs decision) is the #1 reason the Dems have a shot in the midterms. The polls all shifted after that, a shift that has thus far persisted.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/maybe-dobbs-did-change-the-race-well-need-more-time-to-know-for-sure/

Trump doesn't help, of course, and you can say that he was responsible for the SCOTUS configuration that handed down that decision. But I don't think he's the biggest reason.
calbear93
sycasey said:

Supreme Court striking down abortion protections (Dobbs decision) is the #1 reason the Dems have a shot in the midterms. The polls all shifted after that, a shift that has thus far persisted.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/maybe-dobbs-did-change-the-race-well-need-more-time-to-know-for-sure/

Trump doesn't help, of course, and you can say that he was responsible for the SCOTUS configuration that handed down that decision. But I don't think he's the biggest reason.
I think Trump is the biggest reason in the midterm because of the idiots he has promoted and, consequently, pushed as the Republican candidates. This is especially true in the senate where wacky extremists are harder to win the state-wide elections. There is so much gerrymandering in the house races that extremist can easily win but not in the senate.

Abortion is legal and will be legal in states with majority of liberals. It may get liberals to vote in purple states but I don't know how much impact it will have in the senate races in the other states.
Unit2Sucks
calbear93 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

calbear93 said:

Party holding the presidency, especially when the approval rating of the president is low, gets slaughtered in the midterms.

Biden's polls are embarrassingly low, and people's sentiments (whether you think justified or not) on economic future is low.

https://www.vox.com/22899204/midterm-elections-president-biden-thermostatic-opinion

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-the-presidents-party-almost-always-has-a-bad-midterm/

I know this is not the first time you are hearing this about the midterms, so I would guess you know the history.

All the rest is great for intellectual debate but not for predicting how people will vote.

I'm not disagreeing with anything you say. I think the Biden white house has lost the messaging war and that NY Times pitchbot is closer to reality than a lot of people would like to admit. There really is no meaningful democratic propaganda media organization that operates the way Fox News does for Republicans. I'm not sure how much something like that would move the needle for Biden and the D's, and I hope we don't ever find out, but I do think it plays a part in why Biden has been so poorly received.
sycasey
calbear93 said:

sycasey said:

I think Trump is the biggest reason in the midterm because of the idiots he has promoted and, consequently, pushed as the Republican candidates. This is especially true in the senate where wacky extremists are harder to win the state-wide elections. There is so much gerrymandering in the house races that extremist can easily win but not in the senate.

Abortion is legal and will be legal in states with majority of liberals. It may get liberals to vote in purple states but I don't know how much impact it will have in the senate races in the other states.

The most competitive Senate races will be in purple states. The biggest reason Republicans gained in the Obama midterms was that Dems didn't show up to vote. With abortion rights on the ballot, that advantage is gone. The Left will be motivated.

As with many things, Trump does not help matters (endorsing terrible candidates), but I don't think the root of the problem is with him. It's with the radicalization of the Republican base, which has been going on for decades.
calbear93
Unit2Sucks said:

calbear93 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

calbear93 said:

I'm not disagreeing with anything you say. I think the Biden white house has lost the messaging war and that NY Times pitchbot is closer to reality than a lot of people would like to admit. There really is no meaningful democratic propaganda media organization that operates the way Fox News does for Republicans. I'm not sure how much something like that would move the needle for Biden and the D's, and I hope we don't ever find out, but I do think it plays a part in why Biden has been so poorly received.

Agreed. Biden needs a competent cabinet, including in particular chief of staff. Having a weak East Wing does not help either with messaging.
calbear93
sycasey said:

calbear93 said:

sycasey said:

The most competitive Senate races will be in purple states. The biggest reason Republicans gained in the Obama midterms was that Dems didn't show up to vote. With abortion rights on the ballot, that advantage is gone. The Left will be motivated.

As with many things, Trump does not help matters (endorsing terrible candidates), but I don't think the root of the problem is with him. It's with the radicalization of the Republican base, which has been going on for decades.
You may be right. I suppose we will see, but it is hard to tell the reason when you have idiots like Walker talking like a third grader BSing on a science book report because he didn't bother to read.
DiabloWags
We're now up to 700 documents and counting.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/23/us/politics/trump-classified-documents-fbi-letter.html
DiabloWags
The Trump-Search Affidavit is due to be filed tomorrow by the DoJ.
Unsealed, with redactions.

US Magistrate Judge Bruce Reinhart accepted the Justice Department's request to keep secret the identities of witnesses, law enforcement agents, people who haven't been charged, grand jury information as well as details about "the investigation's strategy, direction, scope, sources, and methods."

The judge gave DOJ until Friday at noon New York time to file the redacted affidavit on the court's public docket.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-08-25/judge-approves-unsealing-doj-s-redacted-trump-search-affidavit
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
bearister
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bearister
bearister
DiabloWags

The 38 page affidavit is out.

Read the FBI's redacted affidavit to search Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate (yahoo.com)
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
Big C

I've been reading / hearing the word "affidavit" a lot recently. Might be a nice name for a kid! Girl, you could call her "Affi" for short. Boy: "Davit".

For the name of my next punk band, I'm considering "Heavily Redacted".
Eastern Oregon Bear
Big C said:

For the name of my next punk band, I'm considering "Heavily Redacted".
Why do I have an expectation of songs with lots of humming or La La Las and only a few random words tossed in here and there?
bearister
Judge reveals 'intent' to grant Trump a Special Master for documents

https://mol.im/a/11153103

*I'm sure that a well timed death threat triggered this. Judge should be a baller and appoint Rudy, Jenna Ellis, Sidney Powell or Alan Dershowitz the Special Master. The request is moot anyway since the FBI has already gone through every document like fiends on speed.
Unit2Sucks
bearister said:

Judge reveals 'intent' to grant Trump a Special Master for documents

https://mol.im/a/11153103

*I'm sure that a well timed death threat triggered this. Judge should be a baller and appoint Rudy, Jenna Ellis, Sidney Powell or Alan Dershowitz the Special Master. The request is moot anyway since the FBI has already gone through every document like fiends on speed.
Hard to imagine this really happening for a variety of reasons. Without getting into the legal details, it's hard to get people to understand just how poorly thought out Trump's request for a special master was. He sent it to the wrong court. He may not have served the government. He didn't request immediate relief. So he's asked the court to require the government to have an outside special master review the documents removed from MAL before the government is able to do so. Except Trump waited 2 weeks to make the request and for all they know the FBI is already done going through the boxes at a first pass. And they still have a few more days to continue reviewing the materials.

I guess this is what happens when you are such a bad client that you end up with parking garage lawyers who've never practiced in federal court defending you against the DOJ. He's going to continue to get slapped around.

And more and more information is coming out that looks very bad for our country, which could be bad for Trump. I haven't seen a single exculpatory claim made or any information come out in the last 2 weeks that would tend to mitigate the harm he's done to national security.

I can't imagine how GOPers will defend Trump if any of the speculation that his sloppy handling of these records actually led to the death of our agents overseas, but I am confident they will find a way. And they will pretend that my scorn for Trump is the real problem. Just like they pretend the US approach to Nato is the reason Russia invaded Ukraine without provocation.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.