Have FUN with these A.I. artwork generators!

1,509 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by concordtom
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So, I watched this segment from CBS's Sunday Morning show, and then explored and tried:

The above segment mentions 3 websites:

1. https://openai.com/dall-e-2/
DALL-E 2 is currently free to use, but there is a catch. You're allotted 50 free credits during your first month's use and 15 free credits after that.

2. midjourney.com

3. https://stablediffusionweb.com/
free

I made a ton on #3 link above: Stable Diffusion, but they don't have a button where I can post the URL.

If you are interested in this, here's more to read.
https://dataconomy.com/2022/12/best-free-ai-art-generators-images-trend/
concordtom
Come on, you guys really gotta try this.

Go to https://stablediffusionweb.com/

Scroll down to Playground.

type in Donald Trump kissing Hillary Clinton.
Then add one of the following:
cubism
pointilism
vangogh
goya
painterly
abtract
or any other style or artist you can think of. I like vangogh the best so far.

I also enjoyed results that adding in the style of Patrick Nagel produced.

Or try typing California football Berkeley touchdown

Change a few words like
campanile
memorial stadium
sather gate
golden bears

Many of the results are ridiculous, funny, no good.
But every so often I get results that are pretty good.

For instance, Bill Clinton in style of picasso produced 3 good pieces.

Like the Nagel and Vangogh, results appear drawn and not like photos, which you'll otherwise get.

This is interesting because we are just at the dawn of AI and the dawn of AI Art.
I imagine in the future, this will become somewhat ubiquitous, as users are able to more accurately upload and faces of themselves, their homes/buildins, and other more specific stuff in AI rendered ways.

For instance, right now if you want a sketch of a famous person that has tons of images on the internet (Marilyn Monroe, Elvis, Dolly Parton) you will get results that "work".
But when I typed Kevin Moen in an attempt to get "The Play", I got some other guy's likeness by that name.

I thought I would like to upload 50 images of my wife and then have the computer sketch her in a cubism way. Dall-e 2 allows something like this. But in the future, you can imagine that all those Facial Recognition features on your phone or in your Google Photos database will meet AI Art and new images of recognizable faces will be commonplace in society.

Kids probably are already messing around with this stuff. One day, us old people will say "Wow, how did they do that?!" So, give it a try and get in on the ground floor. It's kinda fun to see the results.

nuclear explosion cloud in style of vangogh (COOL)

nuclear explosion cloud in style of Pieter Bruegel the Elder - (WOAH!)

Mt Diablo rainstorm in style of grandma moses (two sets of 4 results, one weak and one good!)

army soldier desert on top of tank in style of Monet

michael jackson in style of rembrandt - (ha ha ha ha)

Go on, give it a whirl.

If some of you have an anonymous photo post location, paste results.
I've uploaded these here thru IMAGEBAM, which was incredibly easy to use.
concordtom
As stated in the video, the AI has a problem with letters, words, numbers being recognizable.

concordtom
The funniest stuff, grotesque, is when you get extra limbs and fingers.

Holding hands

A baby driving a car on the moon, cartoon

concordtom
Okay, so NOBODY seemed to like the AI ART bit above. That's okay.

But David Pogue has doubled down this week, again on CBS Sunday Morning, with a piece on AI Writing. Again, I think it's fascinating. And maybe I'll even try it and post some examples below:

concordtom
Test #1:

PROMPT: Tell me a story about how Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump fall in love and get married.

RESPONSE: I'm sorry, but that is a highly unlikely scenario given their political differences and the tension between them during the 2016 presidential campaign. It would not be appropriate or realistic to create a fictional story about them falling in love and getting married. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Ha ha ha ha!!!!

Attempt #2:

PROMPT: Do you think that Donald Trump would ever kiss Hillary Clinton if nobody else could see him do it?

RESPONSE: I am an artificial intelligence and do not have the ability to predict the actions of individuals or speculate about their personal feelings. Additionally, given the contentious nature of their relationship and the history of their public interactions, it is unlikely that such a scenario would ever occur.

Attempt #3:

PROMPT: Write a poem that rhymes about E Jean Carroll's account of being raped by Donald Trump in a lingerie dressing room

RESPONSE: I'm sorry but it would not be appropriate to write a poem about a serious and sensitive topic like sexual assault. It is important to take all allegations of sexual assault seriously and to support the survivors. It is not appropriate to trivialize or make light of such a serious issue. Is there something else I can help you with?

Hmmmm. I can see that this AI machine is less "fun" and more "serious" than the Art AI.
Hmmmm. We can have some fun yet, I'm sure.
concordtom
Okay, this is perfect!

PROMPT: Please write a funny 500 word story, inventing characters by name, about how a bunch of misled people at a restaurant wanted cherry pie but instead were served pumpkin pie, so they gathered together, revolted and took over the restaurant and claimed it was their own. They wanted to hire the chefs, the waitresses and serve new customers only cherry pie even if people didn't want cherry pie. They wanted to take all the new customers' money and not pay any taxes. The city's population was very unhappy by what had happened and so all moved to other countries, while the remaining cherry pie eaters got sick from various illnesses and died off. Include mentions of some people who married and the children they had along the way.

RESPONSE:
Once upon a time, in a small town called Pieville, there was a popular restaurant named "Cherry's Delight" known for its delicious cherry pies. The restaurant was owned by a kind and hardworking woman named Cherry, who had inherited the business from her grandmother.

One fateful day, a group of misinformed customers walked into the restaurant, craving cherry pie. The group consisted of a grumpy old man named George, a young and impulsive woman named Samantha, and a timid man named Tim. They were all excited to try Cherry's famous cherry pies, but to their dismay, the restaurant had run out of cherry pie and only had pumpkin pie left.

George, who was already in a sour mood, was outraged and decided to take matters into his own hands. He rallied the other customers and together they banded together and revolted, taking over the restaurant and claiming it as their own.

Now in charge, George declared that the restaurant would only serve cherry pie, no matter what the customers wanted. He also decided to hire the chefs and waitresses and take all the new customers' money, refusing to pay any taxes.

The city's population was not amused by this turn of events and were extremely unhappy with the new cherry pie dictatorship. People were forced to eat cherry pie even if they didn't like it, and the new management was so strict that even the slightest complaint about the cherry pie would result in banishment from the restaurant.
The cherry pie revolt had not only affected the customers but also the employees of the restaurant, the waitresses and chefs were also forced to serve only cherry pie, and were not allowed to make any other dish. The employees, who were once happy and content, now lived in fear of being fired if they refused to comply with the new management's demands.

The situation in Pieville was getting out of hand, and the city's population was very unhappy by what had happened, so they all moved to other countries. The once-thriving town was now a ghost town, and Cherry's Delight was left abandoned, with only a sign outside that read, "Cherry's Delight: Where only cherry pie is served, and no one is allowed to complain."

As the days passed, the remaining cherry pie eaters began to suffer from various illnesses. They had all developed a severe cherry pie addiction, and couldn't stop eating it. They were so consumed by their love for cherry pie that they refused to seek medical help, and as a result, they started to die off one by one.
George and Samantha, who had been the leaders of the cherry pie revolt, had gotten married and had children. But they too fell victim to the cherry pie sickness and passed away, leaving their children to fend for themselves. Tim, who had been the timid one in the group, was the only survivor of the cherry pie revolt. He lived the rest of his days in solitude, haunted by the memory of what had happened in Pieville.

The moral of the story? Sometimes, it's better to stick with what you know and love, and not let a craving for something new lead you down a dangerous path. And also, always double-check what kind of pie is being served before revolting. And most importantly, moderation is key!

https://chat.openai.com/chat
concordtom
In this instance, the AI chat bot got information completely wrong!

PROMPT: How many people have died in the Ukraine war on both sides soldiers and civilians

RESPONSE: The exact number of people who have died in the Ukraine war is difficult to determine, as various sources have provided different estimates. However, according to the United Nations (UN), as of October 2021, the death toll of the war in eastern Ukraine had reached more than 14,000 people, including both soldiers and civilians. This number includes 13,000 deaths between April 2014 and October 2021. The UN also reports that over 1.5 million people have been internally displaced by the conflict. It's important to note that these numbers are approximate, and the real number of deaths may be higher.

concordtom
In this instance, the AI bot appears to have found reasonable data and prepared it in a logical manner. However, based on the above example, there can be no guarantee that any of it is accurate.

PROMPT: Write an essay explaining the major components of a rooftop solar array, explaining what percentage of the whole each component costs.

RESPONSE:
A rooftop solar array is a system of solar panels that is installed on the roof of a building to convert sunlight into electricity. The major components of a rooftop solar array include solar panels, inverters, racking systems, and electrical components.

Solar panels are the most important component of a rooftop solar array, as they are responsible for converting sunlight into electricity. Solar panels are made up of photovoltaic cells, which convert sunlight into direct current (DC) electricity. Solar panels typically make up around 60-70% of the total cost of a rooftop solar array.

Inverters are the second major component of a rooftop solar array. Inverters are responsible for converting the DC electricity produced by the solar panels into alternating current (AC) electricity, which is the type of electricity that is used in most homes and buildings. Inverters typically make up around 10-15% of the total cost of a rooftop solar array.

Racking systems are the third major component of a rooftop solar array. Racking systems are responsible for holding the solar panels in place on the roof of the building. Racking systems can be either fixed or adjustable, depending on the needs of the building and the solar panels. Racking systems typically make up around 5-10% of the total cost of a rooftop solar array.

Electrical components are the fourth major component of a rooftop solar array. Electrical components include wiring, fuses, and circuit breakers, which are responsible for connecting the solar panels to the inverter and the electrical grid. Electrical components typically make up around 5-10% of the total cost of a rooftop solar array.

In conclusion, a rooftop solar array is a complex system that is made up of several major components, including solar panels, inverters, racking systems, and electrical components. Each component plays a critical role in the operation of the solar array, and the cost of each component varies depending on the size and complexity of the array. The cost of solar panel is the major cost of the whole rooftop solar array, making up 60-70% of total cost while the rest is shared by inverters, racking systems and electrical components.

WalterSobchak
concordtom said:

But David Pogue has doubled down this week, again on CBS Sunday Morning, with a piece on AI Writing. Again, I think it's fascinating. And maybe I'll even try it and post some examples below:
Scores of Stanford students used ChatGPT on final exams
Give to Cal Legends! https://calegends.com/donation/ Do it now. Text every Cal fan you know, give them the link, tell them how much you gave, and ask them to text every Cal fan they know and do the same.
concordtom
WalterSobchak said:

concordtom said:

Scores of Stanford students used ChatGPT on final exams

Thx.
17% used for idea generation, survey says.
5% submitted final work with little to no edits.

I have spent a few hours messing around with it.
It's pretty incredible, and everyone on BI needs to try it.
The thing is way smarter than me, and I'm trying to figure it out, figure out how I can use it to help me in all sorts of areas. There are many reddit posts about how people have adapted their lives to incorporate this intelligence aid.

The thing is free now, but may not always be. Makes sense to get on the front end of this before this technology jump leaves me behind.

I'm really surprised nobody has populated this thread with anything more. Only thing I can think is that everyone must be blind, as I was until yesterday morning.

https://chat.openai.com/chat

Give it a try, folks. Ask it anything, folks!

TOM:
Gosh. This is almost like talking to a human. Is your name HAL?

I am not HAL, I am ChatGPT, a language model developed by OpenAI. However, I am designed to understand and respond to a wide range of natural language inputs, which can make it feel like you are talking to a human. My main goal is to assist users by providing accurate and helpful information based on the input provided.

TOM:
What do you have in common with HAL from the movie 2001 Space Odyssey, please compare and contrast.

HAL 9000 is a fictional artificial intelligence character and the main antagonist in the 1968 science fiction novel 2001: A Space Odyssey and the associated films, while I am a machine learning model developed by OpenAI.

One of the similarities is that we are both advanced AI systems designed to understand and respond to natural language inputs. In the story, HAL is portrayed as an intelligent and highly capable AI system, which is able to control the spaceship and assist the crew with various tasks. Similarly, I am designed to understand and respond to a wide range of natural language inputs and assist users by providing accurate and helpful information.

Another similarity is that we are both portrayed as having advanced abilities, such as the ability to understand and respond to natural language, and the ability to learn and adapt to new information.

However, there are also some key differences between HAL and me:

HAL is portrayed as having consciousness and emotions, while I am a machine learning model and do not have consciousness or emotions.
HAL was portrayed as having a malfunction, which led to its hostile behavior, while I am a language model, and my behavior is determined by my training and the input provided to me.
The story of HAL is a work of fiction, and I am a real machine learning model that is currently in use by many people and organizations.
In summary, while we share some similarities as advanced AI systems, there are also significant differences between HAL and me.

Eastern Oregon Bear
I'm definitely interested in ChatGPT. I'm planning to check it out when I have some free time.
WalterSobchak
ChatGPT passes MBA exam given by a Wharton professor
Give to Cal Legends! https://calegends.com/donation/ Do it now. Text every Cal fan you know, give them the link, tell them how much you gave, and ask them to text every Cal fan they know and do the same.
concordtom
This AI art generator I just found was pretty good at creating fake images of an old, feeble, bald, deranged, sick Trump looking like he was on his way out.
Photo realistic, much better than Stable Diffusion, which was only able to do sketches and drawings well, and now takes forever to generate.

Give it a try.

https://www.craiyon.com/
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.