THE OFFICIAL BEARINSIDER MOVIE/TV SHOW RECOMMENDATION THREAD

5,617 Views | 95 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Palestinian Chicken
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That movie: Grade A
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bear2034

Maybe this was already mentioned in this thread. Leave the World Behind is a Netflix movie produced by Barrack and Michelle Obama:
bearister
Saw Episode 1. Wow.

tequila4kapp
My quest is to watch all the Best Movie nominees. We weren't in the mood for sub-titles and couldn't find a way to watch some others from home so it was ... Barbie.

It wasn't as great as the hype would have you believe.
It wasn't as terrible as many people have told me it is.
I kind of liked it.

Definitely ludicrous that anything associated with the movie has been nominated, IMO.
bearister
The 100 greatest classic films ever and where you can watch them

https://mol.im/a/13051571
tequila4kapp
I'm sorry to report that "Bob Marley: One Love" was only okay. It was great to hear a lot of his music and get some flavor for how the songs came about but the overall story and production wasn't all that IMO.
bearister
tequila4kapp said:

I'm sorry to report that "Bob Marley: One Love" was only okay. It was great to hear a lot of his music and get some flavor for how the songs came about but the overall story and production wasn't all that IMO.

Thanks, you saved me time watching it. First time I heard a Bob Marley song was Clapton's hit cover of I Shot the Sheriff in 1974 (released by Marley in 1973).

I had a buddy who was always ahead of the curve on everything that was in to Marley in 1975. Marley took off in America in 1976.
tequila4kapp
A TV recommendation: "How The Universe Works"

I am going to characterize this as interplanetary physics for dummies. It is really really good. This morning's episode addressed the question: where is the end of the universe? We explore interesting things like Galaxy GN-Z11 is 32 billion light years away, but the age of the universe is 13.8 billion years. How this can be explained? (partial answer: some things do travel faster than the speed of light, which is supposed to be a fundamental law of physics).

It is on the Smithsonian or Science channel, I believe.
bearister
Season 2

Also about the Yakuza, but better:

Chapman_is_Gone

I normally abhor sequels, but The Bear Necessities 3, which is now playing at Cyberbears.com, is STELLAR. It has all the action of the first two films, but with superior character development. Squirt Reynolds is terrific reprising his role as Dr. Pound, and it's great to see more diversity in the cast with Hung Lo in the role of the inquisitive patient. I hate to sound like a walking advertisement, but I can't recommend this film enough.
Eastern Oregon Bear
Chapman_is_Gone said:

I normally abhor sequels, but The Bear Necessities 3, which is now playing at Cyberbears.com, is STELLAR. It has all the action of the first two films, but with superior character development. Squirt Reynolds is terrific reprising his role as Dr. Pound, and it's great to see more diversity in the cast with Hung Lo in the role of the inquisitive patient. I hate to sound like a walking advertisement, but I can't recommend this film enough.
Interesting that you're a fan of this film genre. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
bearister

This is a deeply personal story about Joan Baez. There is sadness in her story.
She was my first music concert my parents didn't drive me to. October, 1971, Greek Theater. Her hit record at the time was her cover of The Band's, The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
prospeCt
~ b'ster did you ever catch the early Sun student-led rock mass at SMC chapel bitd, mama cass lookalike star good times

bearister
I did not.
prospeCt
~ one of the spiritual folk-rock standards, always near the front

bearister
Joan did Kris proper with this cover:

It is from this album. She had the backing of the best session players Nashville had to offer. I bought it as soon as it hit the record store.

Blessed Are... - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blessed_Are...
bearister
bearister
Josh Brolin is The Man!

bearister
If you liked Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Snatch, and Rock n Rolla, this Guy Ritchie series is for you (much better than the movie of the same name):

The Gentlemen (TV Series 2024) - IMDb

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13210838/

*A guy that was in White Lotus, Season 2 is the lead.
okaydo
prospeCt
~ nor cal's greatest rock song? archetypal - no bad versions

https://www.uniondemocrat.com/lifestyle/article_a6c76a94-e869-11ee-bfc4-434f7da852e3.html
movielover
Follow.
Palestinian Chicken
Fallout (Amazon)
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/fallout

Apparently people that have played the video games and are super precious about the lore have some issues with the series. I've never played any of the games.

Coming in fresh not knowing what to expect, it starts a bit slow and a couple of the main characters take a while before their personality develops enough to where you are interested in their storylines. Walton Goggins, as always, steals the show as he does in practically everything he's ever in and he was the bait that kept me going long enough to realize by about episode 3 that the show was worth sticking with.

If you are one of the few independent thinking people in this forum (which I propose should be renamed Vault 33 going forward), I think you'll find that it has a pretty darn good social commentary on our current world. If, however, you are a vault dweller/Biden voter, it might demand more from you than you are capable of giving. But you never know. Maybe this show will be the thing that finally puts you on the path where you stop being so easily propagandized and you start to value individuality and freedom more than you value being happy in your cult.
Eastern Oregon Bear
Palestinian Chicken said:

Fallout (Amazon)

Apparently people that have played the video games and are super precious about the lore have some issues with the series. I've never played any of the games.

Coming in fresh not knowing what to expect, it starts a bit slow and a couple of the main characters take a while before their personality develops enough to where you are interested in their storylines. Walton Goggins, as always, steals the show as he does in practically everything he's ever in and he was the bait that kept me going long enough to realize by about episode 3 that the show was worth sticking with.

If you are one of the few independent thinking people in this forum (which I propose should be renamed Vault 33 going forward), I think you'll find that it has a pretty darn good social commentary on our current world. If, however, you are a vault dweller/Biden voter, it might demand more from you than you are capable of giving. But you never know. Maybe this show will be the thing that finally puts you on the path where you stop being so easily propagandized and you start to value individuality and freedom more than you value being happy in your cult.

It's a shame you don't have a reason to be this condescending towards others.
okaydo

Fallout (Amazon)

You mean to tell me the guy in the poster steals the show? Wow, it's this kind of insight that makes Bear Insider so valuable.

Palestinian Chicken
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

Fallout (Amazon)

It's a shame you don't have a reason to be this condescending towards others.
Every place on the Internet has Biden voters except maybe Truth Social.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.