The Non-Yogi Israel-Palestine war thread

189,337 Views | 2533 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by tequila4kapp
MinotStateBeav
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I love the post of the protestors asking for tourniquets and medical supplies for the protestors instead of to send those supplies to ya know ...the war you're protesting lol. Matt Orf is great also.
Unit2Sucks
MinotStateBeav said:

I love the post of the protestors asking for tourniquets and medical supplies for the protestors instead of to send those supplies to ya know ...the war you're protesting lol. Matt Orf is great also.
Just like Trump's "vietnam" (exposing himself to STDs banging everything that moves in the 80's), the Tentifada is risking their health and welfare protesting for a cause they deeply believe in but can't really explain.

At Columbia they are demanding HIV tests, dental dams, plan B and other "humanitarian aid" that shows that they really are there for the party. They are also demanding their finals be cancelled and at least one professor just decided to give everyone A's (which I guess is what the end result would be given the level of grade inflation in these Ivies).

If they want to participate in a terrorist organized siege, let Hamas provide them with sex toys and gluten-free pastries or just suffer through a 12 hour hunger strike like the selfless Harvard martyrs.

So many of these protesters are a complete joke.

movielover
MinotStateBeav said:

Big C said:

MinotStateBeav said:

It's the fault of the universities, they could have nipped these in the bud day 1, no tents, no building supplies. They allowed these protests to grow out of control because of weak administrations who were scared to act like adults and say "no". They knew people coming onto their campus leading many of them weren't even students. I am fine with the protests btw, but these stupid "building villages" kinds of protests need to stop.

The time-honored dilemma: Do you "nip it in the bud" right away, or do you humor them -- listen to them even -- and let them blow off a little steam, hoping that things peter out before they get bad. I would tend to vote for the latter, especially at our institutions of higher learning, but I am concerned that "Antifa" (AKA thugs looking for a little action) is going to step in.
What is a university "listening to them" for? What is Cal, UCLA, UT-Austin and Columbia going to do? This is what I mean...every protest thinks their cause is the most srs cause of all causes. Universities can allow protest while still having rules. Lots of florida universities have allowed protesting without allowing camps to be set up and chaos didn't ensue. If its about allowing them to have a platform and be heard, then rules are ok. If its about narcissism, then people are gonna have to be arrested most likely. Lets be honest, a lot of these lil trust fund babies love the attention.

Freedom of Speech - not Freedom of Construction and Violence?
Unit2Sucks
More and more coming to light about the incredibly misguided position of a large and vocal segment of the pro-Palestine movement in this country.

Lots of info about the fact that it's being funded by Hamas and its allies (which has been posted here and elsewhere). And also that these students are the epitome of white privilege.

They focus on the oppression by Israel of Palestinians, but continue to completely ignore misconduct against Israelis or misconduct by arabs against Palestinians and others.

This in an example of some of the intra-Arab hate that exists but that no one in America would ever lift a finger to address (because there are no Jewish people to blame).

Here's a long thread about steps the IDF has taken to prevent even more harm to Palestinian civilians as a result of Hamas' intentional strategy of putting them in harm's way. The Pro-Putin crowd will likely respond with lies and point out that Putin says he's great even though Putin continues to send missiles to civilian population centers and only pretends there are relevant military targets. But you shouldn't believe me, you should believe Russian astro-turf social media accounts like Bebo or TotallyNotPutin or whatever.

And lest we forget, these extremist anti-semitic leftists will continue to support Trump who literally greenlights genocide.

Cal88
Unit2Sucks said:

More and more coming to light about the incredibly misguided position of a large and vocal segment of the pro-Palestine movement in this country.

Lots of info about the fact that it's being funded by Hamas and its allies (which has been posted here and elsewhere). And also that these students are the epitome of white privilege.

Here's a long thread about steps the IDF has taken to prevent even more harm to Palestinian civilians as a result of Hamas' intentional strategy of putting them in harm's way. The Pro-Putin crowd will likely respond with lies and point out that Putin says he's great even though Putin continues to send missiles to civilian population centers and only pretends there are relevant military targets. But you shouldn't believe me, you should believe Russian astro-turf social media accounts like Bebo or TotallyNotPutin or whatever.

Even by your own standards, this is pretty rich!!

-Students at colleges where the tuition is over $60,000/yr are funded by militias from a tiny impoverished prison ghetto halfway around the world.

-The Israelis are not engaged in a bloodlust, revanchist mass slaughter of a civilian population on an industrial scale, no sir, and if they weren't such remarkable humanitarian, they would have killed a whole lot more than 50,000+ civilians, who they love so much that they have put their whole population on a starvation diet through a medieval siege.

oski003
Cal88 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Even by your own standards, this is pretty rich!!

-Students at colleges where the tuition is over $60,000/yr are funded by militias from a tiny impoverished prison ghetto halfway around the world.

-The Israelis are not engaged in a bloodlust, revanchist mass slaughter of a civilian population on an industrial scale, no sir, and if they weren't such remarkable humanitarian, they would have killed a whole lot more than 50,000+ civilians, who they love so much that they have put their whole population on a starvation diet through a medieval siege.

2/3 of the folks protesting aren't students.
sycasey
I'm glad to see that some universities have been able to handle the protests peacefully via negotiation, but correct me if I'm wrong: at those other schools we didn't have instances like at UCLA or Columbia of protestors breaking into and occupying buildings or preventing some students (usually identified as "Zionists") from entering certain areas, right? The latter part is a bigger problem beyond the exercise of free speech.

That's not to say I like the cops or counter-protestors using violence either, but let's not act like the pro-Palestine folks are innocent when they start blocking school business from happening. And even if you think doing so is worth it for the cause, well . . . then getting arrested is kind of the point, isn't it? The 60s protestors knew this.
movielover
Royce Hall / UCLA left in shambles. Short clip, the comments below are worth reading.

Unit2Sucks
sycasey said:

I'm glad to see that some universities have been able to handle the protests peacefully via negotiation, but correct me if I'm wrong: at those other schools we didn't have instances like at UCLA or Columbia of protestors breaking into and occupying buildings or preventing some students (usually identified as "Zionists") from entering certain areas, right? The latter part is a bigger problem beyond the exercise of free speech.

That's not to say I like the cops or counter-protestors using violence either, but let's not act like the pro-Palestine folks are innocent when they start blocking school business from happening. And even if you think doing so is worth it for the cause, well . . . then getting arrested is kind of the point, isn't it? The 60s protestors knew this.

The point for most of these college kid protesters is to be a part of a cause, whether they understand it or not. It's a noble cause in the abstract, but the campus protest movement is largely driven by awful people. They are having the time of their life partying and frolicking and pretending to be doing something for the cause they support but really they are just useful idiots.

Most kids aren't really involved in the movement and don't realize that the organizers are working hand in hand with awful agitators. The vast majority of kids have their hearts in the right place but they are just going along with the crowd. If schools prevented outside agitators from escalating the protests, there wouldn't really be any issues.

dajo9
Unit2Sucks said:

sycasey said:

The point for most of these college kid protesters is to be a part of a cause, whether they understand it or not. It's a noble cause in the abstract, but the campus protest movement is largely driven by awful people. They are having the time of their life partying and frolicking and pretending to be doing something for the cause they support but really they are just useful idiots.

Most kids aren't really involved in the movement and don't realize that the organizers are working hand in hand with awful agitators. The vast majority of kids have their hearts in the right place but they are just going along with the crowd. If schools prevented outside agitators from escalating the protests, there wouldn't really be any issues.

Now do the well funded UCLA counter-protesters who attacked the protesters while the police stood down.
"The rules were that you were not going to fact check"
MAGA
Unit2Sucks
dajo9 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

sycasey said:

Now do the well funded UCLA counter-protesters who attacked the protesters while the police stood down.

Protesters and counter protesters are often two sides to the same coin. Some of the counter-protesters were reportedly responding to the violent attack by the pro Hamas protesters of a Jewish student, among other things.

This whole movement has strong occupy Wall Street vibes and doesn't feel organic or authentic.
sycasey
dajo9 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

sycasey said:

It does seem like there's astroturfing on all sides here. But also I suspect most of the people are there for legitimate personal reasons, even if they can't easily articulate them.
Cal88
sycasey said:

It does seem like there's astroturfing on all sides here. But also I suspect most of the people are there for legitimate personal reasons, even if they can't easily articulate them.

Seriously? How hard is it to articulate that you are against your government funding and arming a genocidal mass slaughter of civilians?

Quote:

2/3 of the folks protesting aren't students.

And almost all the violence is from the zionist side, who are portrayed in the MSM as the victims of violence, with some rare exceptions like this article:

sycasey
Cal88 said:

sycasey said:

Seriously? How hard is it to articulate that you are against your government funding and arming a genocidal mass slaughter of civilians?

Given some of the weird demands coming out of these protests, apparently very hard!
dajo9
Unit2Sucks said:

dajo9 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

sycasey said:

Protesters and counter protesters are often two sides to the same coin. Some of the counter-protesters were reportedly responding to the violent attack by the pro Hamas protesters of a Jewish student, among other things.

This whole movement has strong occupy Wall Street vibes and doesn't feel organic or authentic.

There is no excuse for the police standing down while repeated attacks are going on. The police should face repercussions.
"The rules were that you were not going to fact check"
MAGA
Unit2Sucks
Hamas continues to be the biggest threat Palestinians face. They attacked a crossing used by aid vehicles which is now closed.

The actual history.

Cal88
Unit2Sucks said:

Hamas continues to be the biggest threat Palestinians face. They attacked a crossing used by aid vehicles which is now closed.
From the article quoted above:

Quote:

CAIRO, May 5 (Reuters) - The armed wing of Palestinian Islamist group Hamas claimed responsibility on Sunday for an attack on the Kerem Shalom crossing into Gaza that Israel said killed three of its soldiers... Hamas' armed wing said it fired rockets at an Israeli army base by the crossing.

Somehow, despite having already killed or injured over 100,000 Gazans in the last 6 months, Israel is still at #2 as the "biggest threat Palestinians face" according to U2S. Perhaps they should kill, main or starve another 100,000 Palestinians to rise to #1 on U2s' chart?

Quote:

The actual history.

"The Jews who don't want to die" have been massacring Palestinians and stealing their land since the 1940s.

bear2034
Unit2Sucks said:

The Hamasholes are funded by big money aiseholes.
Cal88
Do you think these protestors on college campus are motivated by money, and are being paid by Soros et al for protesting? If anything, they are risking their careers by protesting against Israel.
bear2034
Cal88 said:

Do you think these protestors on college campus are motivated by money, and are being paid by Soros et al for protesting? If anything, they are risking their careers by protesting against Israel.

It's always a mixed bag of protestors with different motivations. The professional agitators aren't students and don't seem to have careers to risk but I could be wrong since they all seem to hide behind masks.
Unit2Sucks
These are great questions, with obvious answers.

Getting harder and harder for the disingenuous shills to pretend like this isn't still about genocidal anti-semitism but given who they are, they will continue to dissemble.

And yet they continue to claim genocide (based entirely on Terrorist Hamas made up numbers) while they support or ignore actual genocide in many other parts of the world, notably in Ukraine and throughout the rest of the middle east.

Same bigots are pretending they are outraged by the banning of Al-Jazeera, without mentioning that it's banned throughout much of the middle east. It's state media masquerading as independent journalism. If it were unfavorable to Putin, everyone here would be told about it every day.

Big C
Cal88 said:

Points for a gratuitous George Soros reference!

(unless referring to his sister, Hillary Soros, or his nephew, Hunter Soros)
Cal88
Unit2Sucks said:

All these sources and info relayed by U2S have been confirmed as false, he is once again relaying plain Israeli propaganda. Hamas bombed a military base (circled in red), resulting in 3 Israeli military casualties. Israel used this as an excuse to maintain the closure of the nearby crossing into Gaza.

bearister
U.S. put a hold on an ammunition shipment to Israel

https://www.axios.com/2024/05/05/israel-us-ammunition-shipment-hold
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bearister
Hamas says it accepts ceasefire proposal of Egypt, Qatar | Reuters

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/hamas-says-it-accepts-ceasefire-proposal-egypt-qatar-2024-05-06/
oski003
We have reached the point where the terrorist kidnappers are willing to release the Israeli hostages as long as they can keep their Palestinian hostages (the People of Gaza). Unfortunately, Israel doesn't want to stop until Hamas is out of Gaza and the Palestinians are freed.
sycasey
I am very skeptical that "Hamas out of Gaza" is an achievable goal via military action.
Cal88
oski003 said:

We have reached the point where the terrorist kidnappers are willing to release the Israeli hostages as long as they can keep their Palestinian hostages (the People of Gaza). Unfortunately, Israel doesn't want to stop until Hamas is out of Gaza and the Palestinians are freed.

The Israeli army has already killed more Israeli civilians than Hamas has captured hostages, applying their Hannibal Directive on October 7, and by bombing most of Gaza to smithereens. This is not about the hostages, it's about revenge and ethnic cleansing (see Jared's Gaza beachfront condo talks).

bearister
Hannibal Directive - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hannibal_Directive

"The directive has been changed several times, until it was officially revoked in 2016 by IDF chief of staff Gadi Eizenkot. The Directive's replacement has not been published.

… Israeli newspapers have reported that the IDF was issued orders echoing the wording of the Hannibal Directive during the 2023 Hamas-led attack on Israel. The IDF was ordered to prevent "at all costs" the abduction of Israeli civilians or soldiers, possibly leading to the death of a large number of Israeli hostages."
Lets Go Brandon 24
Unit2Sucks said:

These are the people U2Sucks sounds like.

Meanwhile, the weak justification by UCLA on why they sent the police in is exposed for the usual hypocrisy.

Lets Go Brandon 24
Lots of updates for the "not supporting the killing of innocent civilians" folks on BI.

Netanyahu asked Qatar to fund Hamas in 2018 from former favorite of the defending democracy crowd Mehdi Hasan.

Biden still thinks he can pretend oppose Israel's genocide while supporting it with money and arms

If you're gonna do Israeli propaganda, at least make it make sense

Right-wing attempts at Politico to frame Biden as a protest supporter when he's literally supporting the genocide as much as Republicans fail in spectacular fashion

Israeli mass graves, just like the ones the Nazis had

Biden Twitter simp account has to delete post about Biden securing ceasefire when Israel rejects the ceasefire

Romney and Blinken admit the TikTok ban is all about stopping anti-Israel social media posts

Sheryl Sandberg's so-called documentary (establishment's second attempt at trying to make the fake mass-rape story a thing) has been exposed for lack of evidence

Pelosi says support of Israel is top priority of federal government

Remember when pro-Israel people were complaining about posters about hostages being taken down? Pepperidge Farms remembers.
Cal88
CaliforniaEternal
Am Israel Chai! I know my grandparents and great-grandparents and all their relatives wish there had been a state of Israel when their own neighbors and the world turned against them. Thankfully, we will never be that helpless again.

Unit2Sucks
sycasey said:

I am very skeptical that "Hamas out of Gaza" is an achievable goal via military action.
I agree. There also isn't really a clean split between Hamas and civilians. The guy in the video below is a civilian, but he'd rather his kids die than evacuate.

It doesn't help the discourse in the US that a significant percentage of the people pretending to care about the people in Gaza are either unhinged leftists who are just hoping this can be the thing that gets them ... success or the various useful idiots for authoritarian regimes. The pro-Putin crowd thinks that if they pretend enough, this will distract the world from what is happening in Ukraine (with their cheerleading).

Not sure anyone reported on the fake ceasefire that Hamas "agreed" to and which was parroted by credulous US news sources.

This is a pretty good guess at what the reaction will be to the Rafah IDF operation.

Unit2Sucks
After the transparent ceasefire hoax yesterday, Hamas is back to attacking the aid crossing at Kerem Shalom.

NYT carrying Hamas' water again.

Here's an authentic take that reflects what I've heard from numerous Jewish acquaintances.

This is a Gazan who recognizes that Hamas is the biggest problem facing the Palestinian people right now.

Meanwhile the cosplaying "students" continue with their cringe-fest.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.