Trump has been shot

57,457 Views | 1096 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by tequila4kapp
bear2034
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dajo9 said:

Political violence is always unacceptable.

This is a good time to compare Democratic politician responses to an assassin going after Trump vs. Republican politician responses to an assassin going after the Pelosi household / family.

Democratic politicians were expressing their condolences and wishing Hitler a speedy recovery?
concordtom
SBGold said:

Losing an election is one thing, getting yourself killed is another. It's probably how Trumpnwants to go out anyway

Nah. He wants to go out underneath a hooker.

But fancy this - today's event will wake trump up and suddenly he's a kinder gentler version of himself in his second presidency.

NAAAHHHH!
He's going to create his vengeance list and a reign of terror is likely.
concordtom
Shooter is a 20 year old from a local PA town. Nothing more released.
tequila4kapp
BearGoggles said:

concordtom said:

dajo9 said:

bear2034 said:

No way Trump wrote that

That's notable because I predict he will totally flip and blame the Secret Service in 3…2…1…

Wait for it.
Are you watching CNN? They are spending much of their time wondering how in the world the Secret Service allowed a shooter on that rooftop. And CNN is not alone - many people are already saying it is gross incompetence to not have the rooftop locked down.

There are multiple reports (from the right) that the Biden admin has denied Trump additional security. Not sure if its true, but Bongino is a former secret service officer so I suspect he would have real sources. If this proves to be true (and we know they are denying protection to RFK Jr.), there will be hell to pay.

a 150 yard shot with elevation change and likely windage is not an easy shot. I predict this was either a very very skilled rifleman (hunter, military sniper, etc) or someone who was entirely clueless about the difficulty involved and got insanely lucky to hit his target at all.
concordtom
The latter. 20 year old local guy.

What's horrible is that he hit two innocent people, killing one instantly and the other in critical condition.
bear2034
concordtom said:

What's horrible is that he hit two innocent people, killing one instantly and the other in critical condition.

He shot 3 innocent people.
GoOskie
bear2034 said:

concordtom said:

Two
bear2034
GoOskie said:

bear2034 said:

concordtom said:

Two
dimitrig
okaydo said:

82gradDLSdad said:

okaydo said:

Even if you want Donald Trump to die, him getting even grazed by a bullet is horrible. I mean, it's horrible in general. But it's horrible in every other way imaginable.

Even if you want him to die????? What is wrong with some of you?

A lot of people (including my mom) want Trump to die. That's just a fact. But those people thinking Trump dying would be a good thing are absolutely wrong. It would be horrible, horrible, horrible. Nothing good would come out of it.

Disagree. Some good might come of it.

That said, we choose our leaders at the ballot box in this country. We don't assassinate political opponents.

SBGold
bear2034 said:

concordtom said:

Dos, deuce
bearister
Kinky Friedman picked a very inopportune time to die because he would have found a ballad in this unfortunate affair somewhere.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
SBGold
bear2034 said:

Are we all waiting for Joe Biden to call this an assassination attempt before we call it an assassination attempt?
I'm waiting for Trump to show up at the UFC fight.
SBGold
BearGoggles said:

This is an apt question, both for democrat politicians and the posters on this board claiming to decry the attempted assassination.

It just reminds me that there are stupid people on X, and thankfully I have never had an X or Twitter account
SBGold
okaydo said:

SBGold said:

Wait, the ultimate Proud Boy hate politician got a graze shot with some hate given back to him and I'm the bad guy? His hate has made you respond uncivilly with more hate

There are about 5.5 billion other people in the world I fee more sorry for.

Lol

The chaos candidate got some chaos, who's surprised. More chaos to come before November
bearister
Gunman identified as Thomas Matthew Crooks, according to reports
The gunman who tried to assassinate Donald Trump has been identified as Thomas Matthew Crooks, according to reports.

The 20-year-old from Bethel Park, Pennsylvania, fired at least eight shots at the former president from a roof 130 yards away from the rally stage.

Crooks killed a member of the rally crowd, shot Trump through the ear and was then gunned down by Secret Service agents.

The New York Post was the first to identify Crooks. The FBI have not yet formally released his name.
-Daily Mail

NY Post ID's Thomas Matthew Crooks as Gunman Who Shot Trump - VINnews

https://vinnews.com/2024/07/14/ny-post-ids-thomas-matthew-crooks-as-gunman-who-shot-trump/

bearister
How a Failed Assassination Attempt Pushed George Wallace to Reconsider His Segregationist Views | Smithsonian

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/how-a-failed-assassination-attempt-pushed-george-wallace-to-reconsider-his-segregationist-views-180980063/
"Instead of ascending to the United States' highest office, Wallace continued his career in state politics and in an unexpected turn of events, spent his remaining years seeking forgiveness from the Black community for the hatred and division he'd sown at the height of the civil rights movement."

*Will tRump have a similar epiphany?
concordtom
dimitrig said:

okaydo said:

82gradDLSdad said:

okaydo said:

Even if you want Donald Trump to die, him getting even grazed by a bullet is horrible. I mean, it's horrible in general. But it's horrible in every other way imaginable.

A lot of people (including my mom) want Trump to die. That's just a fact. But those people thinking Trump dying would be a good thing are absolutely wrong. It would be horrible, horrible, horrible. Nothing good would come out of it.

That said, we choose our leaders at the ballot box in this country. We don't assassinate political opponents.

What good can come of this?
You think trump (or MAGA) is going to take some kind of high toad??
sonofabear51
That would be nice, but I sincerely doubt that ever happening. It will get spun in another direction that benefits him.
Start Slowly and taper off
concordtom
bearister said:

How a Failed Assassination Attempt Pushed George Wallace to Reconsider His Segregationist Views | Smithsonian

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/how-a-failed-assassination-attempt-pushed-george-wallace-to-reconsider-his-segregationist-views-180980063/
"Instead of ascending to the United States' highest office, Wallace continued his career in state politics and in an unexpected turn of events, spent his remaining years seeking forgiveness from the Black community for the hatred and division he'd sown at the height of the civil rights movement."

*Will tRump have a similar epiphany?

In a word, NO.

dimitrig
Cal88 said:

I think guarding bags of Cheetos is a great experience for guarding a bag of Cheetos.
dimitrig
concordtom said:

dimitrig said:

okaydo said:

82gradDLSdad said:

okaydo said:

What good can come of this?
You think trump (or MAGA) is going to take some kind of high toad??

Trump is a cult of personality. If he happens to die the country can go back to normal again.

Big C

As I just wrote on another thread, today we had a political leader shot, an innocent bystander killed and 1-2 others seriously injured. Screw everybody here (and elsewhere) who couldn't just show remorse for the event and instead went political*... without even waiting until tomorrow. You are part of the problem.

* Dark humor excepted. I love dark humor.
okaydo
Did the republicans try to bump off Trump?
Golden One
Big C said:

As I just wrote on another thread, today we had a political leader shot, an innocent bystander killed and 1-2 others seriously injured. Screw everybody here (and elsewhere) who couldn't just show remorse for the event and instead went political*... without even waiting until tomorrow. You are part of the problem.

I completely agree. There are some very sick and pathetic people posting on Bear Insider. I'm ashamed to see this type of behavior on a site associated with Cal.
Big C
Golden One said:

Big C said:

I completely agree. There are some very sick and pathetic people posting on Bear Insider. I'm ashamed to see this type of behavior on a site associated with Cal.

Two individuals, likely from opposite ends of the political spectrum, united as one by their alma mater and the character-building exercise of rooting for its football and basketball teams.

Go Bears, Golden One!
okaydo

GoOskie
A crook shooting at a crook. We ARE living in a simulation.
okaydo
JimSox
BearGoggles said:

This is an apt question, both for democrat politicians and the posters on this board claiming to decry the attempted assassination.

Perhaps, like all reasonable human beings, they decry political violence. For those who celebrate the January 6 "patriots," that may be hard to understand.
bear2034
okaydo said:

BearGoggles said:

When a political party says that a person is an existential threat to democracy, a threat to the country, worse than Hitler/nazis, etc. you are giving the green light for people to do "anything" to stop them. This is not at all surprising.

I get your sentiment, but this isn't the time to criticize Trump and fellow Republicans for their past comments about Obama.

This isn't the time to play snowflake. Obama has never been spied on, impeached over a hoax, had his home searched, indicted, arrested, thrown off the ballot, and shot at.
dimitrig
bear2034 said:

okaydo said:

BearGoggles said:

When a political party says that a person is an existential threat to democracy, a threat to the country, worse than Hitler/nazis, etc. you are giving the green light for people to do "anything" to stop them. This is not at all surprising.

I get your sentiment, but this isn't the time to criticize Trump and fellow Republicans for their past comments about Obama.

This isn't the time to play snowflake. Obama has never been spied on, impeached over a hoax, had his home searched, indicted, arrested, thrown off the ballot, and shot at.

That's because Obama is a decent human being unlike Trump.

bear2034
okaydo said:

Paul Pelosi isn't a political leader and if he was, hammers aren't usually the weapon of choice for assassins unless you're playing the Clue boardgame?
bear2034
dimitrig said:

bear2034 said:

okaydo said:

BearGoggles said:

That's because Obama is a decent human being unlike Trump.

Decent people don't abuse their powers to spy on political opposition.
bear2034
dimitrig said:

Trump is a cult of personality. If he happens to die the country can go back to normal again.
Everyone dies at a day and hour unknown to them. But if Trump was assassinated, things would become far from normal.
bear2034
GoOskie said:

We ARE living in a simulation.
Mods, does this qualify as Off-Topic material?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.