Deep state trying to kill Biden

7,261 Views | 160 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by bear2034
dimitrig
How long do you want to ignore this user?

After attempting to kill Trump, the deep state has now attempted to kill Biden.

President Joe Biden tests positive for COVID-19 while campaigning in Las Vegas
oski003
dimitrig said:

He caught a virus while "campaigning" in Vegas? Is that what the old folks call it now days?
Big C

The Deep State is trying to pave the way for RFK, Jr. It's been so frustrating for them, not having had the chance to kill a President Kennedy for over sixty years...
bear2034

Within hours of Biden interview revealing he would step down if some sort of "medical condition emerged", he has tested positive for Covid! Amazing!
bear2034
dimitrig said:

No mask?...hmmm....
bear2034
oski003 said:

He caught a virus while "campaigning" in Vegas? Is that what the old folks call it now days?

Biden caught the virus and gave it to the kid.
Anarchistbear
According to today's NYT , Trump's assassin also had info on the Democratic convention and Biden on his phone and zero ideological info.

This sounds like the attempted Fidel assassinations. Lone shooter, Covid, exploding cigars, banana pudding laced with arsenic.

The Deep State has decided on a clean slate but are incompetent misfits. Next one will pretend to be God and call Biden and tell him to resign. Someone else will convince Trump there is more money to be had by selling pieces of his ear.

GoOskie
oski003 said:

dimitrig said:

LOL. That was a good one
Eastern Oregon Bear
Anarchistbear said:

According to today's NYT , Trump's assassin also had info on the Democratic convention and Biden on his phone and zero ideological info.

This sounds like the attempted Fidel assassinations. Lone shooter, Covid, exploding cigars, banana pudding laced with arsenic.

The Deep State has decided on a clean slate but are incompetent misfits. Next one will pretend to be God and call Biden and tell him to resign. Someone else will convince Trump there is more money to be had by selling pieces of his ear.

Bonus points if they make Howard Stern fanboy comments.
Big C
bear2034 said:

Within hours of Biden interview revealing he would step down if some sort of "medical condition emerged", he has tested positive for Covid! Amazing!

This semi-brilliant idea has Nancy Pelosi's fingerprints all over it.

While she's calling the shots, somebody remind me (seriously, I forget): Is she significantly closer to Kamala, Gavin or about the same?
bear2034
Big C said:

This semi-brilliant idea has Nancy Pelosi's fingerprints all over it.

While she's calling the shots, somebody remind me (seriously, I forget): Is she significantly closer to Kamala, Gavin or about the same?

Nancy needs to keep the party together so I'm sure the plan is to go with Kamala. In the meantime, Joe Biden will be fed banana pudding laced with arsenic at his Delaware home.
sycasey
Victoria Nuland at it again!
bear2034
The Deep State is a middle-aged, liberal, white, female with an ivy league degree.
bear2034

BREAKING: Per Mark Halperin:

* Biden plans to announce withdrawal from nomination as early as this weekend, with Sunday most likely

* Jon Meacham polishing up remarks

* Biden with NOT resign the presidency

* Biden will NOT endorse Harris

* open convention with Harris and about 3 others

* super delegates will not be allowed to vote on 1st ballot

* Harris is vetting at least four possible running mates, including Andy Beshear and possibly Shapiro
bear2034

bear2034
dimitrig said:

Do you work for the Babylon Bee?

Big C
112 Days Til No Joe said:

For four years, Democrats and Never Trump Republicans have been trying to convince you that the January 6 riot was an attempted coup. Now in 2024, moderate Democrat politicians and rich donors are executing a bloodless coup on the sitting President of the United States.

Poetic justice.

Imagine this bathtub as Democratic electoral prospects in November 2024.

I can't see how this can be termed a "bloodless coup"... at least with any shred of legitimacy. The people that voted for Biden in the primaries had information (apparently) concealed from them about his condition and stronger candidates were discouraged from running against the sitting President. So voters' choice was a supposedly okay Biden against two nobodies.

Bottom line, most everybody who voted for Biden in the primaries (including me) wishes they could have a redo, with Biden (as we know him to be now) versus a few other strong candidates (including Harris).

It's not a "coup" to use available, legal political power to try and get the best possible candidate in there. It's called politics. January 6th was an illegal, violent attempt to disrupt the election process. The two are not even remotely the same.
sycasey
Big C said:

For four years, Democrats and Never Trump Republicans have been trying to convince you that the January 6 riot was an attempted coup. Now in 2024, moderate Democrat politicians and rich donors are executing a bloodless coup on the sitting President of the United States.

Poetic justice.

I can't see how this can be termed a "bloodless coup"... at least with any shred of legitimacy. The people that voted for Biden in the primaries had information (apparently) concealed from them about his condition and stronger candidates were discouraged to run against the sitting President. So their choice was a supposedly strong Biden against two nobodies.

Bottom line, most everybody who voted for Biden in the primaries (including me) wishes they could have a redo.

It's not a "coup" to use available, legal political power to try and get the best possible candidate in there. It's called politics. January 6th was an illegal, violent attempt to disrupt the election process. The two are not even remotely the same.

The US is one of the few places where there is even any kind of quasi-democratic process in selecting party nominees. In most places it's still the parties that choose nominees and then the public votes on them. Changing a party nominee is not a "coup" (especially since in this case it's an attempt to convince Biden to step out of the campaign voluntarily, not literally remove him from office).
sycasey
107 Days Til No Joe said:

sycasey said:

Big C said:

Poetic justice.

I can't see how this can be termed a "bloodless coup"... at least with any shred of legitimacy. The people that voted for Biden in the primaries had information (apparently) concealed from them about his condition and stronger candidates were discouraged to run against the sitting President. So their choice was a supposedly strong Biden against two nobodies.

Bottom line, most everybody who voted for Biden in the primaries (including me) wishes they could have a redo.

The US is one of the few places where there is even any kind of quasi-democratic process in selecting party nominees. In most places it's still the parties that choose nominees and then the public votes on them. Changing a party nominee is not a "coup" (especially since in this case it's an attempt to convince Biden to step out of the campaign voluntarily, not literally remove him from office).

I thought the argument was that the party unfairly kept other candidates out of the process so that no one could really have the chance to vote against him? Pick a lane!
BearGoggles
sycasey said:

Big C said:

Poetic justice.

It is not a coup. But it is confirmation that dems don't really care about election rules and counting every vote. All they care about is power and "winning". That is the only principle.

And that explains everything the have done, including the lawfare against trump, lying about Russia gate (Schiff), calling Trump Hitler/a fascist, and the first impeachment which was absurd. All was raw politics to get the win, regardless of whether its good faith.

And you know what? I thinks wanting to win is fine. It seems you do too. That is hard core politics. That is to some extent why Trump has appeal to some - he will try to "win" at all costs.

However, what is not fine is the Dems: (i) denying they have attempted to change/influence the general election rules (not for fairness, but for advantage) when they in fact have; and (ii) pretending that there is some higher principle at work ("fair and free elections" "count every vote"). Most everything the establishment dems (and republicans) have done is in pursuit of political power/wins. That is why they lied about Biden's condition for 4 years, didn't allow anyone to challenge him in the primary, and now are panicking when their plan fell apart.
sycasey
BearGoggles said:

sycasey said:

Big C said:

Poetic justice.

It is not a coup. But it is confirmation that dems don't really care about election rules and counting every vote. All they care about is power and "winning". That is the only principle.

And that explains everything the have done, including the lawfare against trump, lying about Russia gate (Schiff), calling Trump Hitler/a fascist, and the first impeachment which was absurd. All was raw politics to get the win, regardless of whether its good faith.

And you know what? I thinks wanting to win is fine. It seems you do too. That is hard core politics. That is to some extent why Trump has appeal to some - he will try to "win" at all costs.

However, what is not fine is the Dems: (i) denying they have attempted to change/influence the general election rules (not for fairness, but for advantage) when they in fact have; and (ii) pretending that there is some higher principle at work ("fair and free elections" "count every vote"). Most everything the establishment dems (and republicans) have done is in pursuit of political power/wins. That is why they lied about Biden's condition for 4 years, didn't allow anyone to challenge him in the primary, and now are panicking when their plan fell apart.
I think you overestimate how much the party "planned" any of this, but yes, most political parties are trying to win above anything else. I personally believe in general principles of free-and-fair elections, though I also recognize that our systems around primary elections have never really been that so if they are bent it's not a big deal. If the general election is unfairly contested, that's another matter. Nuance!
dajo9
I just appreciate that the worst Democrats are outing themselves. Good opportunity to clean house, which is unlikely.

AOC really shining in this moment. Would be good if Dems figured out corporate news is pro Republican but. . .

It's hard to manage a political party for the people in the era of Citizens United. You have the pro rich Republican party and the Democratic Party which has pro rich insiders.
He / Him
dajo9
dajo9 said:

I just appreciate that the worst Democrats are outing themselves. Good opportunity to clean house, which is unlikely.

AOC really shining in this moment. Would be good if Dems figured out corporate news is pro Republican but. . .

It's hard to manage a political party for the people in the era of Citizens United. You have the pro rich Republican party and the Democratic Party which has pro rich insiders.

Also, the worst Dems are still better than Republicans
He / Him
bear2034

Per Halperin, Nancy and Chuck are pressuring Joe and Jill hard to the point of humiliation.
Big C
dajo9 said:

dajo9 said:

Who are the worst Dems that are outing themselves, and why?

I'm not sure AOC is shining. I see some "progressives" who actually turn out to be quite conservative, what with their unwillingness to make a necessary change. They seem like mostly younger figures who might be afraid of getting in trouble and damaging their careers and so are being very cautious. (Not saying I wouldn't do the same, were I in their shoes.)

bear2034
sycasey said:

My dream scenario is for the Democrats to remove Biden from office not for made up crimes but for crimes that he and his family have already committed but have covered up with the help of the media.
dajo9
Big C said:

dajo9 said:

dajo9 said:

I'm not sure AOC is shining. I see some "progressives" who actually turn out to be quite conservative, what with their unwillingness to make a necessary change. They seem like mostly younger figures who might be afraid of getting in trouble and damaging their careers and so are being very cautious. (Not saying I wouldn't do the same, were I in their shoes.)

AOC on Instagram to her 8 million followers
https://www.threads.net/@david.heath.writer/post/C9qZWToRGpM/?xmt=AQGzsbz3UlWW3yJDQkLZika3h4fwCZGt2KHz__tXysoI3Q

He / Him
sycasey
dajo9 said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

dajo9 said:

https://www.threads.net/@david.heath.writer/post/C9qZWToRGpM/?xmt=AQGzsbz3UlWW3yJDQkLZika3h4fwCZGt2KHz__tXysoI3Q

I don't agree with her about Biden staying in, but I do agree about this.
bear2034
Do you guys feel Democrat leadership are kicking themselves in the butt for not pushing Robert Hurr to prosecute Joe Biden for stealing classified documents instead of having him declare Biden legally incompetent to stand trial? It was only about five months ago and it would have been much easier to take care of business then.
Big C
dajo9 said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

dajo9 said:

1. Amazing how Representative Ocasio-Cortez, whom I admire in general, has gone from idealistic to pragmatic before she's even old enough to be President. At this rate, she's going to be Nancy Pelosi before her 40th birthday.

2. The only reason any Dems seem like they've given up is because they see so many people in their own party who seem almost desperate to not find out who their best candidate is and nominate that person to lead the party to victory in November. These people aren't progressive, they are calcified conservatives.

Trump is beatable. (Nice speech, the other night, you clown!)

Biden looks worse by the week.

Vice President Harris might be the best replacement, but I am not at all sure about that.

Going in another direction carries its own risks, for sure, but let me ask you this: Why do you suppose Republicans, including X, Y and Z on this very forum, seem to really, really want us to run Biden... and, if not, Biden, then Harris. It's because they know that Newsom or Buttigieg, or maybe even Whitmer or Booker or, as Bill Maher says, anybody new, would eviscerate Donald Trump in a debate and in the election.

I'm just a useful idiot on a message board... and a sports message board, at that. I have no influence whatsoever. But I will say this to whomever does have influence: It's on you to find a way to get the best possible candidate at the top of the Dem ticket. Whoever that is, they will have my vote and my support. But don't screw it up. Get the right person and we will win.
bear2034
There are 18 days left to the DNC and based on how things are going, it might draw better ratings than the RNC.
dajo9
Big C said:

dajo9 said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

dajo9 said:

1. Amazing how Representative Ocasio-Cortez, whom I admire in general, has gone from idealistic to pragmatic before she's even old enough to be President. At this rate, she's going to be Nancy Pelosi before her 40th birthday.

2. The only reason any Dems seem like they've given up is because they see so many people in their own party who seem almost desperate to not find out who their best candidate is and nominate that person to lead the party to victory in November.

Trump is beatable. (Nice speech, the other night, you clown!)

Biden looks worse by the week.

Vice President Harris might be the best replacement, but I am not at all sure about that.

Going in another direction carries its own risks, for sure, but let me ask you this: Why do you suppose Republicans, including X, Y and Z on this very forum, seem to really, really want us to run Biden... and, if not, Biden, then Harris. It's because they know that Newsom or Buttigieg, or maybe even Whitmer or Booker or, as Bill Maher says, anybody new, would eviscerate Donald Trump in a debate and in the election.

I'm just a useful idiot on a message board... and a sports message board, at that. I have no influence whatsoever. But I will say this to whomever does have influence: It's on you to find a way to get the best possible candidate at the top of the Dem ticket. Whoever that is, you have my vote and my support. But don't screw it up. Get the right person and we will win.

Have any of the people you mentioned expressed any desire to replace Biden? No. They know the process would chew them up. They wouldn't even get on all the ballots and they have a future. Now Dean Phillips, on the other hand.

You're playing the game of whatever fantasy you come up with would work. It wouldn't. It's a fantasy.
He / Him
sycasey
Big C said:

dajo9 said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

dajo9 said:

IMO she was always a pragmatist, if you read between the lines of her soaring rhetoric. Definitely the most pragmatic of "The Squad" House members that came in with her.

Though in this case I don't agree with her conclusions. I think the risk of keeping Biden in is greater than the risk of him bowing out.
dajo9
sycasey said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

dajo9 said:

IMO she was always a pragmatist, if you read between the lines of her soaring rhetoric. Definitely the most pragmatic of "The Squad" House members that came in with her.

Though in this case I don't agree with her conclusions. I think the risk of keeping Biden in is greater than the risk of him bowing out.

Only because of the turncoats talking every day. You all are killing this election.
He / Him
sycasey
dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

dajo9 said:

Only because of the turncoats talking every day. You all are killing this election.
The "turncoats" are also people who want the Democrats to win (or at least for Trump to lose). We make these arguments because we don't think Biden can win. I know you disagree, but don't accuse me of bad faith.

What I will say is that the polling has been saying this for a while: that Trump is still unpopular, but people think Biden is too old to serve another term. Not "the media" or "the elites" or whatever you might want to claim; people in general. I was willing to give the benefit of the doubt until the actual campaign started in earnest to see if Biden could start winning people back. Instead, he crashed and burned during the debate. That was it for me: he needs to step aside.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.