Deep state trying to kill Biden

7,660 Views | 161 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by bear2034
Big C
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dajo9 said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

dajo9 said:

I just appreciate that the worst Democrats are outing themselves. Good opportunity to clean house, which is unlikely.

AOC really shining in this moment. Would be good if Dems figured out corporate news is pro Republican but. . .

It's hard to manage a political party for the people in the era of Citizens United. You have the pro rich Republican party and the Democratic Party which has pro rich insiders.

Also, the worst Dems are still better than Republicans

Who are the worst Dems that are outing themselves, and why?

I'm not sure AOC is shining. I see some "progressives" who actually turn out to be quite conservative, what with their unwillingness to make a necessary change. They seem like mostly younger figures who might be afraid of getting in trouble and damaging their careers and so are being very cautious. (Not saying I wouldn't do the same, were I in their shoes.)

AOC on Instagram to her 8 million followers
https://www.threads.net/@david.heath.writer/post/C9qZWToRGpM/?xmt=AQGzsbz3UlWW3yJDQkLZika3h4fwCZGt2KHz__tXysoI3Q

1. Amazing how Representative Ocasio-Cortez, whom I admire in general, has gone from idealistic to pragmatic before she's even old enough to be President. At this rate, she's going to be Nancy Pelosi before her 40th birthday.

2. The only reason any Dems seem like they've given up is because they see so many people in their own party who seem almost desperate to not find out who their best candidate is and nominate that person to lead the party to victory in November.

Trump is beatable. (Nice speech, the other night, you clown!)

Biden looks worse by the week.

Vice President Harris might be the best replacement, but I am not at all sure about that.

Going in another direction carries its own risks, for sure, but let me ask you this: Why do you suppose Republicans, including X, Y and Z on this very forum, seem to really, really want us to run Biden... and, if not, Biden, then Harris. It's because they know that Newsom or Buttigieg, or maybe even Whitmer or Booker or, as Bill Maher says, anybody new, would eviscerate Donald Trump in a debate and in the election.

I'm just a useful idiot on a message board... and a sports message board, at that. I have no influence whatsoever. But I will say this to whomever does have influence: It's on you to find a way to get the best possible candidate at the top of the Dem ticket. Whoever that is, you have my vote and my support. But don't screw it up. Get the right person and we will win.

Have any of the people you mentioned expressed any desire to replace Biden? No. They know the process would chew them up. They wouldn't even get on all the ballots and they have a future. Now Dean Phillips, on the other hand.

You're playing the game of whatever fantasy you come up with would work. It wouldn't. It's a fantasy.

I agree about the challenge that considering other candidates would pose. What I am asking is for the Dem powers-that-be to think it through and come up with whoever is the best candidate. That's why they are the powers-that-be. Get it right. If it's dajo's candidate, fine, but get it right and win. We will know you got it right when we win. Trump is beatable.
dajo9
sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

dajo9 said:

I just appreciate that the worst Democrats are outing themselves. Good opportunity to clean house, which is unlikely.

AOC really shining in this moment. Would be good if Dems figured out corporate news is pro Republican but. . .

It's hard to manage a political party for the people in the era of Citizens United. You have the pro rich Republican party and the Democratic Party which has pro rich insiders.

I'm not sure AOC is shining. I see some "progressives" who actually turn out to be quite conservative, what with their unwillingness to make a necessary change. They seem like mostly younger figures who might be afraid of getting in trouble and damaging their careers and so are being very cautious. (Not saying I wouldn't do the same, were I in their shoes.)

https://www.threads.net/@david.heath.writer/post/C9qZWToRGpM/?xmt=AQGzsbz3UlWW3yJDQkLZika3h4fwCZGt2KHz__tXysoI3Q

1. Amazing how Representative Ocasio-Cortez, whom I admire in general, has gone from idealistic to pragmatic before she's even old enough to be President. At this rate, she's going to be Nancy Pelosi before her 40th birthday.
IMO she was always a pragmatist, if you read between the lines of her soaring rhetoric. Definitely the most pragmatic of "The Squad" House members that came in with her.

Though in this case I don't agree with her conclusions. I think the risk of keeping Biden in is greater than the risk of him bowing out.

Only because of the turncoats talking every day. You all are killing this election.
The "turncoats" are also people who want the Democrats to win (or at least for Trump to lose). We make these arguments because we don't think Biden can win. I know you disagree, but don't accuse me of bad faith.

What I will say is that the polling has been saying this for a while: that Trump is still unpopular, but people think Biden is too old to serve another term. Not "the media" or "the elites" or whatever you might want to claim; people in general. I was willing to give the benefit of the doubt until the actual campaign started in earnest to see if Biden could start winning people back. Instead, he crashed and burned during the debate. That was it for me: he needs to step aside.

He had 1 bad night. The best President in our lifetime. He has been all over the place since the debate doing great (media ignores that). On any given night he displays far more competence than Trump and the media attacks Biden anyway and you fall for it.
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
bear2034
dajo9 said:

Only because of the turncoats talking every day. You all are killing this election.

Why did Biden agree to debate Trump early? That was the event that set this whole thing off.
dajo9
Big C said:

dajo9 said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

dajo9 said:

2. The only reason any Dems seem like they've given up is because they see so many people in their own party who seem almost desperate to not find out who their best candidate is and nominate that person to lead the party to victory in November.

Vice President Harris might be the best replacement, but I am not at all sure about that.

Going in another direction carries its own risks, for sure, but let me ask you this: Why do you suppose Republicans, including X, Y and Z on this very forum, seem to really, really want us to run Biden... and, if not, Biden, then Harris. It's because they know that Newsom or Buttigieg, or maybe even Whitmer or Booker or, as Bill Maher says, anybody new, would eviscerate Donald Trump in a debate and in the election.

I'm just a useful idiot on a message board... and a sports message board, at that. I have no influence whatsoever. But I will say this to whomever does have influence: It's on you to find a way to get the best possible candidate at the top of the Dem ticket. Whoever that is, you have my vote and my support. But don't screw it up. Get the right person and we will win.

Have any of the people you mentioned expressed any desire to replace Biden? No. They know the process would chew them up. They wouldn't even get on all the ballots and they have a future. Now Dean Phillips, on the other hand.

You're playing the game of whatever fantasy you come up with would work. It wouldn't. It's a fantasy.

I agree about the challenge that considering other candidates would pose. What I am asking is for the Dem powers-that-be to think it through and come up with whoever is the best candidate. That's why they are the powers-that-be. Get it right. If it's dajo's candidate, fine, but get it right and win. We will know you got it right when we win. Trump is beatable.

Trump is not beatable in July 2024 by throwing everything out and starting over.

WOULDN'T EVEN GET ON ALL THE BALLOTS
sycasey
dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

dajo9 said:

IMO she was always a pragmatist, if you read between the lines of her soaring rhetoric. Definitely the most pragmatic of "The Squad" House members that came in with her.

Though in this case I don't agree with her conclusions. I think the risk of keeping Biden in is greater than the risk of him bowing out.

The "turncoats" are also people who want the Democrats to win (or at least for Trump to lose). We make these arguments because we don't think Biden can win. I know you disagree, but don't accuse me of bad faith.

What I will say is that the polling has been saying this for a while: that Trump is still unpopular, but people think Biden is too old to serve another term. Not "the media" or "the elites" or whatever you might want to claim; people in general. I was willing to give the benefit of the doubt until the actual campaign started in earnest to see if Biden could start winning people back. Instead, he crashed and burned during the debate. That was it for me: he needs to step aside.

He had 1 bad night. The best President in our lifetime. He has been all over the place since the debate doing great (media ignores that).
No he hasn't. He's continued having gaffes and looking like he's too old to serve another four years.
sycasey
dajo9 said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

dajo9 said:

Trump is not beatable in July 2024 by throwing everything out and starting over.

There's no way that's true. The Democratic National Convention hasn't even happened yet, so the party officially has no nominee. Any nominee named there would have plenty of time to get on the ballots.
dajo9
sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

dajo9 said:

There's no way that's true. The Democratic National Convention hasn't even happened yet, so the party officially has no nominee. Any nominee named there would have plenty of time to get on the ballots.

You act like you've never seen Republican Judges in action. There will be lawsuits (filed by Republicans) and the Republican Judges will control it from there. It's a fascist movement - they don't care what's right.
sycasey
dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

dajo9 said:

You act like you've never seen Republican Judges in action. There will be lawsuits (filed by Republicans) and the Republican Judges will control it from there. It's a fascist movement - they don't care what's right.
If that's actually what you believe, then the election itself doesn't matter anyway. Republicans will challenge that and in win in a rigged court, based on this logic. It's not an argument against changing the nominee.
dajo9
sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

dajo9 said:

If that's actually what you believe, then the election itself doesn't matter anyway. Republicans will challenge that and in win in a rigged court, based on this logic. It's not an argument against changing the nominee.

State of Ohio has already said Biden won't be on the ballot if they wait until the convention
bear2034
Let's keep in mind it's not just the candidate, it's the messaging. A new candidate can communicate the same values but in an entirely different way to the American people that can be refreshing. Obama's first term ran on hope that appealed to many but I don't think Joe Biden's "my political opponent is Hitler" mantra appears to be working.
sycasey
dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

dajo9 said:

State of Ohio has already said Biden won't be on the ballot if they wait until the convention
Ohio changed that law.

bear2034
One thing is clear, Biden is good at threatening and extorting Ukrainians and that's not something that's easily replaceable.
dimitrig

This narrative that Trump has the election sealed up is bull*****

There are a lot of stealth Biden voters out there just like there were a lot of stealth Trump voters in 2016. The Dems downballot are polling just fine.

When it comes down to it in November a lot of people who dislike Biden are going to vote for him just like they did for the much-reviled Hillary Clinton. It's going to be that close again.

I am not sure if Biden can pull it out or not, but it's not a foregone conclusion that Trump will win and Biden needs to be replaced. Biden's political enemies (mostly in the GOP and in the press) are sowing the seeds of chaos because it benefits Trump to do so.

Replacing Biden at this point is a show of weakness, not strength.

Voters are going to wonder:

1. Why didn't I get a chance to pick MY candidate in the primary?

2. Is the DNC really that messed up that they couldn't even figure out the best candidate to put forward until two months before the election? Why should I trust them now?

It's not going to bring a bunch of voters out of the woodwork to vote blue even if the candidate is a better candidate than Biden. The time to do that was a year ago. They need to dance with the partner they brought and stop undermining him. He did it before and he can do it again. Trump is still extremely vulnerable.

Swapping in Kamala Harris doesn't swing any votes away from Trump and an outsider like Gavin Newsom riding in on a white horse will leave a bad taste in people's mouths.

Republicans hated Donald Trump. Many still do. Even JD Vance did. He probably still does, but once Trump got the nomination he got in line with the rest of them. Dems need to learn to circle the wagons like that. AOC is 100% correct that most of the damage being done to Biden's chances isn't from Trump or from Biden's debate performance. It's caused by rumors planted by "insiders" who are supposedly worried about Biden and if these powerful insiders are worried then Ma and Pa Kettle should be, too.

If the Dems lose this election it won't be Joe Biden's fault.

bear2034
dimitrig said:

If the Dems lose this election, it will be Deep State's fault. I do agree that the election is far from over.

sycasey
dimitrig said:

I am not sure if Biden can pull it out or not, but it's not a foregone conclusion that Trump will win and Biden needs to be replaced. Biden's political enemies (mostly in the GOP and in the press) are sowing the seeds of chaos because it benefits Trump to do so.

I would buy this, but it seems pretty clear from their public arguments that Trump world would like Biden to stay in. Maybe they're wrong about that, but I don't see any evidence that the GOP is worried about beating Biden at all.
oski003
bear2034 said:

Do you guys feel Democrat leadership are kicking themselves in the butt for not pushing Robert Hurr to prosecute Joe Biden for stealing classified documents instead of having him declare Biden legally incompetent to stand trial? It was only about five months ago and it would have been much easier to take care of business then.

They couldn't do that because it would minimize the document prosecution of Trump.
dajo9
dimitrig said:

This narrative that Trump has the election sealed up is bull*****

There are a lot of stealth Biden voters out there just like there were a lot of stealth Trump voters in 2016. The Dems downballot are polling just fine.

When it comes down to it in November a lot of people who dislike Biden are going to vote for him just like they did for the much-reviled Hillary Clinton. It's going to be that close again.

Replacing Biden at this point is a show of weakness, not strength.

Voters are going to wonder:

1. Why didn't I get a chance to pick MY candidate in the primary?

2. Is the DNC really that messed up that they couldn't even figure out the best candidate to put forward until two months before the election? Why should I trust them now?

It's not going to bring a bunch of voters out of the woodwork to vote blue even if the candidate is a better candidate than Biden. The time to do that was a year ago. They need to dance with the partner they brought and stop undermining him. He did it before and he can do it again. Trump is still extremely vulnerable.

Swapping in Kamala Harris doesn't swing any votes away from Trump and an outsider like Gavin Newsom riding in on a white horse will leave a bad taste in people's mouths.

Republicans hated Donald Trump. Many still do. Even JD Vance did. He probably still does, but once Trump got the nomination he got in line with the rest of them. Dems need to learn to circle the wagons like that. AOC is 100% correct that most of the damage being done to Biden's chances isn't from Trump or from Biden's debate performance. It's caused by rumors planted by "insiders" who are supposedly worried about Biden and if these powerful insiders are worried then Ma and Pa Kettle should be, too.

Great post
dimitrig
sycasey said:

dimitrig said:

I would buy this, but it seems pretty clear from their public arguments that Trump world would like Biden to stay in. Maybe they're wrong about that, but I don't see any evidence that the GOP is worried about beating Biden at all.

He's their best chance to win for sure and as long as even the Dems are telling people he's unfit why would you want anyone else running?

There are a lot of candidates that would stand a better chance of beating Trump than Joe Biden, but that train left the station.

Biden trounced Trump last election. Other than being a little older he's still the same Biden with the same administration. Events have transpired in the interim that may have turned people off of Biden such as horrible inflation and situations in Ukraine and Israel, but there was also that January 6th thing on the Trump side as well as a conviction in court.

However, that's not what most voters are supposedly concerned about. They are worried about his age.The fact that he's a bit older and may not serve out his term... so? Trump may not serve out his term either. Ronald Reagan was re-elected despite suffering from dementia. This is a mountain being made out of a mole hill. If Dr. Jill Biden is the one running the country right now... GOOD. As long as it's not The Donald.

sycasey
dimitrig said:

sycasey said:

dimitrig said:

He's their best chance to win for sure and as long as even the Dems are telling people he's unfit why would you want anyone else running?

There are a lot of candidates that would stand a better chance of beating Trump than Joe Biden, but that train left the station.

Biden trounced Trump last election. Other than being a little older he's still the same Biden with the same administration. Events have transpired in the interim that may have turned people off of Biden such as horrible inflation and situations in Ukraine and Israel, but there was also that January 6th thing on the Trump side as well as a conviction in court.

However, that's not what most voters are supposedly concerned about. They are worried about his age.The fact that he's a bit older and may not serve out his term... so? Trump may not serve out his term either. Ronald Reagan was re-elected despite suffering from dementia. This is a mountain being made out of a mole hill. If Dr. Jill Biden is the one running the country right now... GOOD. As long as it's not The Donald.

Biden barely beat Trump in the last election. This one is looking to be pretty close too.

I will certainly vote for anyone besides Trump, but the indicators are showing not enough people agree with me. Trump is also too old, but he doesn't show it in the same way Biden does. Neither did Reagan. It's not fair, but IMO it's the way it is and the Dems need a younger nominee. Yes, even with the risks involved.

I don't control it, so if they go with Biden anyway then so be it. I simply don't think it's the best course of action at this time.
bear2034
dimitrig said:

If Dr. Jill Biden is the one running the country right now... GOOD. As long as it's not The Donald.

I can appreciate your honesty and being transparent about your disdain towards a constitutional republic.
bear2034
sycasey said:

Biden barely beat Trump in the last election. This one is looking to be pretty close too.

Biden is out of the race. Trump just defeated a sitting U.S. president.
bear2034

The endorsement came from a combined Bill and Hillary X account. It would have been too painful for Hillary to endorse Kamala herself.
bear2034

Speaker Johnson is calling for Biden to step down now.
bear2034

Pelosi turned up the heat and threatened to leak info on the Biden crime family if he didn't step down? Biden was always the perfect puppet for the Deep State.
bear2034
dimitrig said:

After attempting to kill Trump, the deep state has now attempted to kill Biden.

dimitrig, are you some sort of prophet?

BearGoggles
dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

dajo9 said:

He had 1 bad night. The best President in our lifetime. He has been all over the place since the debate doing great (media ignores that). On any given night he displays far more competence than Trump and the media attacks Biden anyway and you fall for it.
The fact that you could type these words shows that you have no connection to reality or are utterly dishonest.

Both before and after the debate, Biden has been a constant stream of significant gaffes and the repeated inability to complete sentences/thoughts. And even his better moments (Holt softball interview) have not shown him a great light.

BearGoggles
sycasey said:

dimitrig said:

I agree.

Taking a view from another angle. Who were the dem political advisors who thought it was a good idea for Biden to debate Trump early? I hope we find out because it will reveal a lot of what happened here. Whoever that was either (i) didn't know how bad Biden was cognitively; or (ii) knew how bad Biden was and viewed an early debate/meltdown as the only way to replace Biden. Biden could have dodged the debates entirely by simply saying he won't debate a felon. The press would have covered for him.

bear2034
AOC said all the same people pushing for Biden to drop out also don't want Kamala at the head of the ticket. This story is just developing, we don't know if the Democrats are unified behind Kamala.
BearGoggles
bear2034 said:

AOC said all the same people pushing for Biden to drop out also don't want Kamala at the head of the ticket. This story is just developing, we don't know if the Democrats are unified behind Kamala.
Clintons and others are coming out in support of Kamala. They are doing that now for cover. Behind the scenes they, Pelosi and others will pick a different candidate. But they will be able to say "we supported Kamala. Sadly, she didn't win so we'll now support XXXX "
bear2034
BearGoggles said:

bear2034 said:

Clintons and others are coming out in support of Kamala. They are doing that now for cover. Behind the scenes they, Pelosi and others will pick a different candidate. But they will be able to say "we supported Kamala. Sadly, she didn't win so we'll now support XXXX "

Barack Obama has not endorsed Kamala....yet.
bear2034
In addition to the Clintons, Alex Soros has endorsed Kamala.
NVBear78
So Democratic leadership gets to select their candidate again, just like with Biden over Sanders in 2020 circumventing democratic voters. When do democratic voters get tired of getting played by their leadership?
bear2034
To be fair to Joe Biden, Kamla Harris wasn't his first choice as VP due to Jill's hatred towards her. There were other black women that Biden was considering.
dimitrig

About the only contender worse than Biden is Kamala Harris.

dajo9
BearGoggles said:

dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

dajo9 said:

The fact that you could type these words shows that you have no connection to reality or are utterly dishonest.

Both before and after the debate, Biden has been a constant stream of significant gaffes and the repeated inability to complete sentences/thoughts. And even his better moments (Holt softball interview) have not shown him a great light.

If you believe that you should be calling for Traitor Trump to resign daily. On any given day Biden showed more cognitive ability than Trump.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.