Deep state trying to kill Biden

7,653 Views | 161 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by bear2034
bear2034
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dajo9 said:

If you believe that you should be calling for Traitor Trump to resign daily. On any given day Biden showed more cognitive ability than Trump.

If you don't think Biden's cognitive ability is impaired, why do you think the Democrats forced him to drop out of the race?
BearGoggles
dajo9 said:

BearGoggles said:

dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

dajo9 said:

I just appreciate that the worst Democrats are outing themselves. Good opportunity to clean house, which is unlikely.

AOC really shining in this moment. Would be good if Dems figured out corporate news is pro Republican but. . .

It's hard to manage a political party for the people in the era of Citizens United. You have the pro rich Republican party and the Democratic Party which has pro rich insiders.

Also, the worst Dems are still better than Republicans

Who are the worst Dems that are outing themselves, and why?

I'm not sure AOC is shining. I see some "progressives" who actually turn out to be quite conservative, what with their unwillingness to make a necessary change. They seem like mostly younger figures who might be afraid of getting in trouble and damaging their careers and so are being very cautious. (Not saying I wouldn't do the same, were I in their shoes.)

AOC on Instagram to her 8 million followers
https://www.threads.net/@david.heath.writer/post/C9qZWToRGpM/?xmt=AQGzsbz3UlWW3yJDQkLZika3h4fwCZGt2KHz__tXysoI3Q

1. Amazing how Representative Ocasio-Cortez, whom I admire in general, has gone from idealistic to pragmatic before she's even old enough to be President. At this rate, she's going to be Nancy Pelosi before her 40th birthday.
IMO she was always a pragmatist, if you read between the lines of her soaring rhetoric. Definitely the most pragmatic of "The Squad" House members that came in with her.

Though in this case I don't agree with her conclusions. I think the risk of keeping Biden in is greater than the risk of him bowing out.

Only because of the turncoats talking every day. You all are killing this election.
The "turncoats" are also people who want the Democrats to win (or at least for Trump to lose). We make these arguments because we don't think Biden can win. I know you disagree, but don't accuse me of bad faith.

What I will say is that the polling has been saying this for a while: that Trump is still unpopular, but people think Biden is too old to serve another term. Not "the media" or "the elites" or whatever you might want to claim; people in general. I was willing to give the benefit of the doubt until the actual campaign started in earnest to see if Biden could start winning people back. Instead, he crashed and burned during the debate. That was it for me: he needs to step aside.

He had 1 bad night. The best President in our lifetime. He has been all over the place since the debate doing great (media ignores that). On any given night he displays far more competence than Trump and the media attacks Biden anyway and you fall for it.
The fact that you could type these words shows that you have no connection to reality or are utterly dishonest.

Both before and after the debate, Biden has been a constant stream of significant gaffes and the repeated inability to complete sentences/thoughts. And even his better moments (Holt softball interview) have not shown him a great light.

If you believe that you should be calling for Traitor Trump to resign daily. On any given day Biden showed more cognitive ability than Trump.
So which is it: (i) Biden is doing great; or (ii) your backup up argument, Biden is better than Trump.

You don't even believe or defend what you wrote. Because you know Biden did not do great - that was pure propaganda on your part. Rather than trying to defend the indefensible, you switch to "but Trump."

bear2034

As of 9:30 pm EST, no sign of Joe Biden.
BearGoggles
bear2034 said:

As of 9:30 pm EST, no sign of Joe Biden.

dajo9
BearGoggles said:

dajo9 said:

BearGoggles said:

dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

dajo9 said:

I just appreciate that the worst Democrats are outing themselves. Good opportunity to clean house, which is unlikely.

AOC really shining in this moment. Would be good if Dems figured out corporate news is pro Republican but. . .

It's hard to manage a political party for the people in the era of Citizens United. You have the pro rich Republican party and the Democratic Party which has pro rich insiders.

I'm not sure AOC is shining. I see some "progressives" who actually turn out to be quite conservative, what with their unwillingness to make a necessary change. They seem like mostly younger figures who might be afraid of getting in trouble and damaging their careers and so are being very cautious. (Not saying I wouldn't do the same, were I in their shoes.)

https://www.threads.net/@david.heath.writer/post/C9qZWToRGpM/?xmt=AQGzsbz3UlWW3yJDQkLZika3h4fwCZGt2KHz__tXysoI3Q

1. Amazing how Representative Ocasio-Cortez, whom I admire in general, has gone from idealistic to pragmatic before she's even old enough to be President. At this rate, she's going to be Nancy Pelosi before her 40th birthday.
IMO she was always a pragmatist, if you read between the lines of her soaring rhetoric. Definitely the most pragmatic of "The Squad" House members that came in with her.

Though in this case I don't agree with her conclusions. I think the risk of keeping Biden in is greater than the risk of him bowing out.

Only because of the turncoats talking every day. You all are killing this election.
The "turncoats" are also people who want the Democrats to win (or at least for Trump to lose). We make these arguments because we don't think Biden can win. I know you disagree, but don't accuse me of bad faith.

What I will say is that the polling has been saying this for a while: that Trump is still unpopular, but people think Biden is too old to serve another term. Not "the media" or "the elites" or whatever you might want to claim; people in general. I was willing to give the benefit of the doubt until the actual campaign started in earnest to see if Biden could start winning people back. Instead, he crashed and burned during the debate. That was it for me: he needs to step aside.

He had 1 bad night. The best President in our lifetime. He has been all over the place since the debate doing great (media ignores that). On any given night he displays far more competence than Trump and the media attacks Biden anyway and you fall for it.
The fact that you could type these words shows that you have no connection to reality or are utterly dishonest.

Both before and after the debate, Biden has been a constant stream of significant gaffes and the repeated inability to complete sentences/thoughts. And even his better moments (Holt softball interview) have not shown him a great light.

So which is it: (i) Biden is doing great; or (ii) your backup up argument, Biden is better than Trump.

You don't even believe or defend what you wrote. Because you know Biden did not do great - that was pure propaganda on your part. Rather than trying to defend the indefensible, you switch to "but Trump."

Let me be clear for you. Other than the debate Biden has been great. The media shows only his gaffes so I know you believe otherwise but the media wants Trump to win.

Biden was born with a stutter and has ALWAYS had gaffes. Even in his prime. Biden is the best President of my lifetime.

I've answered your question. On any given night, Biden has been more competent than Trump and his VP who Trump calls JD Wentworth. You refuse to speak about Trump because he is an obvious buffoon and you can't defend his gaffes, stupidity, and lies. Try to defend Trump's competence. I dare you.
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
BearGoggles
dajo9 said:

BearGoggles said:

dajo9 said:

BearGoggles said:

dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

dajo9 said:

Let me be clear for you. Other than the debate Biden has been great. The media shows only his gaffes so I know you believe otherwise but the media wants Trump to win.

Biden was born with a stutter and has ALWAYS had gaffes. Even in his prime. Biden is the best President of my lifetime.

I've answered your question. On any given night, Biden has been more competent than Trump and his VP who Trump calls JD Wentworth. You refuse to speak about Trump because he is an obvious buffoon and you can't defend his gaffes, stupidity, and lies. Try to defend Trump's competence. I dare you.
I decline your invitation to defend Trump's competence. I'm not here defending Trump and not claiming he's "great" or the "best president of my lifetime."

We're discussing Biden and your delusional belief that his "gaffes" are limited to stuttering. This is not stuttering and this is not "great". It is dementia.

Your "but Trump" obsession is TDS. You are broken and it must be tough living with Trump in your head 24/7.

bear2034

Where's the official letterhead and Seal of the President of the United States?
dajo9
BearGoggles said:

dajo9 said:

BearGoggles said:

dajo9 said:

BearGoggles said:

dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

dajo9 said:

I decline your invitation to defend Trump's competence.

Lol, I bet you do. His incompetence and stupidity is indefensible. Good luck with JD Wentworth.
dajo9
https://www.threads.net/@meidastouch/post/C9tEFRVMlYV/?xmt=AQGzTo-CVTZMB0mUmXcQDHJ_N2hwezKvBaKwi3RDn0WyxQ
BearGoggles
dajo9 said:

BearGoggles said:

dajo9 said:

BearGoggles said:

dajo9 said:

BearGoggles said:

dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

dajo9 said:

Lol, I bet you do. His incompetence and stupidity is indefensible. Good luck with JD Wentworth.
Yes - unlike you I don't gaslight ("Biden is mentally sound and great") and defend the indefensible.
dajo9
BearGoggles said:

dajo9 said:

BearGoggles said:

dajo9 said:

BearGoggles said:

dajo9 said:

BearGoggles said:

dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

dajo9 said:

Yes - unlike you I don't gaslight ("Biden is mentally sound and great") and defend the indefensible.

Biden has been the best President of our lifetime. You support Trump and won't even speak up for him. Fraud. You know he is a buffoon.
sycasey
I'm in the middle here: Biden DID have a very successful presidency for a one-termer.

He was also clearly on the decline and would not have lasted much longer, and I don't buy the argument that he was doing great on the campaign trail.
Big C
sycasey said:

I'm in the middle here: Biden DID have a very successful presidency for a one-termer.

He was also clearly on the decline and would not have lasted much longer, and I don't buy the argument that he was doing great on the campaign trail.

Yeah, Biden has been a good President, but his recent decline has been quite evident. As people look to the next four years, he is a no go.

Trump is a buffoon and a self-serving menace. Hopefully he will be stopped.

I'm not a big Kamala Harris fan, but she would do fine, if she can win. Right now, it's going to be damn hard for another Dem to enter the race and say, "Nominate me instead of the Black/Asian woman!". So it's likely VP Harris. Fingers crossed.
BearGoggles
dajo9 said:

BearGoggles said:

dajo9 said:

BearGoggles said:

dajo9 said:

BearGoggles said:

dajo9 said:

BearGoggles said:

dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

dajo9 said:

Biden has been the best President of our lifetime. You support Trump and won't even speak up for him. Fraud. You know he is a buffoon.
I agree Trump is a buffoon. I declined to defend him, Yet you - in your twisted world detached from reality - still think I should speak up for him because . . . you want to deflect from Biden's deficiencies. Trump owns you, but only because you let him.

And Biden has "not been doing great" and he is not mentally competent (certainly not to the level required to perform the duties of president). Even your fellow liberals acknowledge that. You are blinded by partisanship and TDS.
dimitrig
Big C said:

sycasey said:

Yeah, Biden has been a good President, but his recent decline has been quite evident. As people look to the next four years, he is a no go.

I'm not a big Kamala Harris fan, but she would do fine, if she can win. Right now, it's going to be damn hard for another Dem to enter the race and say, "Nominate me instead of the Black/Asian woman!". So it's likely VP Harris. Fingers crossed.

Gavin Newsom for President

Big C
dimitrig said:

Big C said:

sycasey said:

Newsom would be great now, or in 2028, or even 2032. Hell, 2036. Until the time is right for him, he will be in the back of Republicans' heads, making them nervous (and that counts for something!).
bear2034
bear2034
dajo9 said:

BearGoggles said:

Biden has been the best President of our lifetime.
dimitrig
Big C said:

dimitrig said:

Big C said:

sycasey said:

Newsom would be great now, or in 2028, or even 2032. Hell, 2036. Until the time is right for him, he will be in the back of Republicans' heads, making them nervous (and that counts for something!).

concordtom
dimitrig said:

Big C said:

sycasey said:

He has thrown his support to Harris.

Will any other Dems declare to run??
bear2034
concordtom said:

dimitrig said:

Big C said:

sycasey said:

According to Jen Psaki, the Democrats are going to rig the DNC to make it look like there's a process for other candidates to run but in reality, they are going to install Kamala no matter what. Sometimes, they just say things out in the open like this. Look at Rachel Maddow's confused face.
dimitrig
bear2034 said:

concordtom said:

dimitrig said:

Big C said:

sycasey said:

According to Jen Psaki, the Democrats are going to rig the DNC to make it look like there's a process for other candidates to run but in reality, they are going to install Kamala no matter what. Sometimes, they just say things out in the open like this. Look at Rachel Maddow's confused face.

Did they happen to see how she did in the primary last time?

Did they notice her approval rating and her polling numbers are almost exactly as bad as Biden's?

I thought the idea was to select a more popular candidate.

It would be great to have an actual primary process where Mayor Pete, Governor Breshear, Newsom, Whitmer, and others could face off.

What is happening is a traveshamockery and I swear I would vote Republican if it was anyone other than Trump running.

I am not registered Democrat and I likely never will be. What a messed up political party.

dajo9
dimitrig said:

bear2034 said:

concordtom said:

dimitrig said:

Big C said:

sycasey said:

Did they notice her approval rating and her polling numbers are almost exactly as bad as Biden's?

It would be great to have an actual primary process where Mayor Pete, Governor Breshear, Newsom, Whitmer, and others could face off.

What is happening is a traveshamockery and I swear I would vote Republican if it was anyone other than Trump running.

I am not registered Democrat and I likely never will be. What a messed up political party.

Is your idea to force people to run for President who have chosen not to run?
sycasey
dimitrig said:

bear2034 said:

concordtom said:

dimitrig said:

Big C said:

sycasey said:

Yes, there should have been a real primary, but that only could have happened if Joe Biden had dropped out a lot earlier, and he didn't. Given where they are now, Kamala is by far the most viable. You were one of the people arguing that Joe shouldn't drop out, by the way.

Which Republicans would you have voted for over Kamala?
dimitrig
dajo9 said:

dimitrig said:

bear2034 said:

concordtom said:

dimitrig said:

Big C said:

sycasey said:

The Democrat Party has shown time and again that it will decide who its candidate will be.

And... hey... it's their right.

Just do away with the primaries entirely then. Oh, wait. They did.
dimitrig
sycasey said:

dimitrig said:

bear2034 said:

concordtom said:

dimitrig said:

Big C said:

sycasey said:

Yes, there should have been a real primary, but that only could have happened if Joe Biden had dropped out a lot earlier, and he didn't. Given where they are now, Kamala is by far the most viable. You were one of the people arguing that Joe shouldn't drop out, by the way.

Joe shouldn't have dropped out, but if he did what's the point of replacing him with the unpopular woman who was already on his ticket?

At this point I'd vote for any Republican not named Donald Trump just to stick it to the Dems.

sycasey
dimitrig said:

sycasey said:

dimitrig said:

bear2034 said:

concordtom said:

dimitrig said:

Big C said:

sycasey said:

Joe shouldn't have dropped out, but if he did what's the point of replacing him with the unpopular woman who was already on his ticket?

At this point I'd vote for any Republican not named Donald Trump just to stick it to the Dems.
This is a very emotional and silly way to vote.
dajo9
dimitrig said:

dajo9 said:

dimitrig said:

bear2034 said:

concordtom said:

dimitrig said:

Big C said:

sycasey said:

The Democrat Party has shown time and again that it will decide who its candidate will be.

Democrats voted for President Biden and Vice President Harris as his backup. Then grassroots Democratic donors gave approaching $100 million in 24 hours to Vice President Harris. The people chose Vice President Harris and you have sour grapes because a cabal did not choose your fantasy draft choice (who didnt even run). Enjoy the grapes.
dimitrig
dajo9 said:

dimitrig said:

dajo9 said:

dimitrig said:

bear2034 said:

concordtom said:

dimitrig said:

Big C said:

sycasey said:

Democrats voted for President Biden and Vice President Harris as his backup. Then grassroots Democratic donors gave approaching $100 million in 24 hours to Vice President Harris. The people chose Vice President Harris and you have sour grapes because a cabal did not choose your fantasy draft choice (who didnt even run). Enjoy the grapes.

I see. We vote with our dollars instead of at the polls now.

calbear93
dimitrig said:

sycasey said:

dimitrig said:

bear2034 said:

concordtom said:

dimitrig said:

Big C said:

sycasey said:

There are logistics issues with going with someone other than Harris. And the reality is that, maybe other than Whitmer, there isn't anyone well known enough with enough appeal in the battle ground states and with the donors this close to the election.

I will say one thing about the Democrats. They have balls that the Republicans lack.

I questioned their ability to do the right thing by pushing against the head of their party. They did. And Biden eventually capitulated. The day I see the Republicans show some backbone and the voters choose country over a man will be the first. The few brave Republicans who did so were pushed out of the party despite their strong conservative history and policies.
sycasey
calbear93 said:

dimitrig said:

sycasey said:

dimitrig said:

bear2034 said:

concordtom said:

dimitrig said:

Big C said:

sycasey said:

There are logistics issues with going with someone other than Harris. And the reality is that, maybe other than Whitmer, there isn't anyone well known enough with enough appeal in the battle ground states and with the donors this close to the election.

I will say one thing about the Democrats. They have balls that the Republicans lack.

I questioned their ability to do the right thing by pushing against the head of their party. They did. And Biden eventually capitulated. The day I see the Republicans show some backbone and the voters choose country over a man will be the first. The few brave Republicans who did so were pushed out of the party despite their strong conservative history and policies.
The issue for Republicans is that Trump is and has always been very popular with their voter base. Biden had lost enough support with the Democratic base to make the move feasible.
dajo9
dimitrig said:

dajo9 said:

dimitrig said:

dajo9 said:

dimitrig said:

bear2034 said:

concordtom said:

dimitrig said:

Big C said:

sycasey said:

If you want to ignore the whole part about the vote then sure, I could see making that argument
BearGoggles
calbear93 said:

dimitrig said:

sycasey said:

dimitrig said:

bear2034 said:

concordtom said:

dimitrig said:

Big C said:

sycasey said:

The elephant in the room is that the dems replaced Biden with a candidate whose polling negatives with the overall electorate are worse than Bidens. There is a weird dichotomy that a majority of dems wanted Biden to withdraw, but there are no clearly better candidates for a general election.

I would not be at all surprised if they find a way to nominate some one other than Kamala. The DNC convention is not for a few more weeks. I think the upcoming polling will show that other candidates - Whitmer, Gavin, and others - have better polling than Kamala. And we now know that the dem power brokers have no hesitation to flex and install their preferred candidate.
BearGoggles
sycasey said:

calbear93 said:

dimitrig said:

sycasey said:

dimitrig said:

bear2034 said:

concordtom said:

dimitrig said:

Big C said:

sycasey said:

The issue for Republicans is that Trump is and has always been very popular with their voter base. Biden had lost enough support with the Democratic base to make the move feasible.
In 2020 he benefitted from a divided field. He had plurality support which was enough to win the primary. Today he has majority support - but I don't think he's "very popular" with the traditional republican base. It is part the the reason his overall approval numbers are stuck at 45%.

The dems have also empowered him by engaging in lawfare that has caused people who otherwise don't like Trump to support him. And that is by design. The dems wanted Trump to be the candidate in 2016 and 2024 (be careful what you wish for).

If the dems had a decent centrist candidate, they would defeat trump easily. That is not Kamala. She owns all of Biden's policies (many of which are deeply unpopular with republicans and independents) most notably border issues, is highly unlikable, unaccomplished, never won a national primary (or for that matter, even polled above 5%), and is pretty left wing. She could still win - because Trump is also widely unpopular. I think it will be close and lots could change (including Trump's healthY. But she is not a strong candidate.
dimitrig
dajo9 said:

dimitrig said:

dajo9 said:

dimitrig said:

dajo9 said:

dimitrig said:

bear2034 said:

concordtom said:

dimitrig said:

Big C said:

sycasey said:

If you want to ignore the whole part about the vote then sure, I could see making that argument

I don't recall anyone voting for Kamala Harris for POTUS in the primary.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.