Deep state trying to kill Biden

7,670 Views | 161 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by bear2034
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dimitrig said:

bear2034 said:

concordtom said:

dimitrig said:

Big C said:

sycasey said:

I'm in the middle here: Biden DID have a very successful presidency for a one-termer.

He was also clearly on the decline and would not have lasted much longer, and I don't buy the argument that he was doing great on the campaign trail.

Yeah, Biden has been a good President, but his recent decline has been quite evident. As people look to the next four years, he is a no go.

Trump is a buffoon and a self-serving menace. Hopefully he will be stopped.

I'm not a big Kamala Harris fan, but she would do fine, if she can win. Right now, it's going to be damn hard for another Dem to enter the race and say, "Nominate me instead of the Black/Asian woman!". So it's likely VP Harris. Fingers crossed.
Gavin Newsom for President
He has thrown his support to Harris.

Will any other Dems declare to run??

According to Jen Psaki, the Democrats are going to rig the DNC to make it look like there's a process for other candidates to run but in reality, they are going to install Kamala no matter what. Sometimes, they just say things out in the open like this. Look at Rachel Maddow's confused face.

Did they happen to see how she did in the primary last time?

Did they notice her approval rating and her polling numbers are almost exactly as bad as Biden's?

I thought the idea was to select a more popular candidate.

It would be great to have an actual primary process where Mayor Pete, Governor Breshear, Newsom, Whitmer, and others could face off.

What is happening is a traveshamockery and I swear I would vote Republican if it was anyone other than Trump running.

I am not registered Democrat and I likely never will be. What a messed up political party.

I don't favor this "process" either but come on, man, the GOP is 10x worse. They've got a quarter of their leaders retiring because they can't stomach trump, letting in room for all others to flip 180 degrees and kiss Hitler's ass.

concordtom
sycasey said:

dimitrig said:

bear2034 said:

concordtom said:

dimitrig said:

Big C said:

sycasey said:

I'm in the middle here: Biden DID have a very successful presidency for a one-termer.

He was also clearly on the decline and would not have lasted much longer, and I don't buy the argument that he was doing great on the campaign trail.

Yeah, Biden has been a good President, but his recent decline has been quite evident. As people look to the next four years, he is a no go.

I'm not a big Kamala Harris fan, but she would do fine, if she can win. Right now, it's going to be damn hard for another Dem to enter the race and say, "Nominate me instead of the Black/Asian woman!". So it's likely VP Harris. Fingers crossed.

According to Jen Psaki, the Democrats are going to rig the DNC to make it look like there's a process for other candidates to run but in reality, they are going to install Kamala no matter what. Sometimes, they just say things out in the open like this. Look at Rachel Maddow's confused face.

Did they notice her approval rating and her polling numbers are almost exactly as bad as Biden's?

It would be great to have an actual primary process where Mayor Pete, Governor Breshear, Newsom, Whitmer, and others could face off.

What is happening is a traveshamockery and I swear I would vote Republican if it was anyone other than Trump running.

I am not registered Democrat and I likely never will be. What a messed up political party.
Yes, there should have been a real primary, but that only could have happened if Joe Biden had dropped out a lot earlier, and he didn't. Given where they are now, Kamala is by far the most viable. You were one of the people arguing that Joe shouldn't drop out, by the way.

You know, we'd be in a similar state if Joe had fallen down stairs and broke his leg. I suppose if he had a stroke and was temporarily incapacitated it could be enough to transfer Presidency to Harris - or not, but it could definitely be enough to drop out.

The criticism is valid but overstated. This type of thing is capable of happening at any time to any president if you think about it.
concordtom
dimitrig said:

dajo9 said:

dimitrig said:

bear2034 said:

concordtom said:

dimitrig said:

Big C said:

sycasey said:

Is your idea to force people to run for President who have chosen not to run?

The Democrat Party has shown time and again that it will decide who its candidate will be.

And... hey... it's their right.

Just do away with the primaries entirely then. Oh, wait. They did.

There was no primary for Bush or Trump in 2020. Did Reagan have legitimate opposition?

Let's get real - this is the problem with our 2 party SYSTEM!!
concordtom
dimitrig said:

sycasey said:

dimitrig said:

bear2034 said:

concordtom said:

dimitrig said:

Big C said:

sycasey said:

Yes, there should have been a real primary, but that only could have happened if Joe Biden had dropped out a lot earlier, and he didn't. Given where they are now, Kamala is by far the most viable. You were one of the people arguing that Joe shouldn't drop out, by the way.

Which Republicans would you have voted for over Kamala?

Joe shouldn't have dropped out, but if he did what's the point of replacing him with the unpopular woman who was already on his ticket?

At this point I'd vote for any Republican not named Donald Trump just to stick it to the Dems.

Lol!
Deep policy thoughts, by dimitrig
concordtom
sycasey said:

dimitrig said:

sycasey said:

dimitrig said:

bear2034 said:

concordtom said:

dimitrig said:

Big C said:

sycasey said:

Joe shouldn't have dropped out, but if he did what's the point of replacing him with the unpopular woman who was already on his ticket?

At this point I'd vote for any Republican not named Donald Trump just to stick it to the Dems.
This is a very emotional and silly way to vote.

I agree!
concordtom
dajo9 said:

dimitrig said:

dajo9 said:

dimitrig said:

bear2034 said:

concordtom said:

dimitrig said:

Big C said:

sycasey said:

The Democrat Party has shown time and again that it will decide who its candidate will be.

Democrats voted for President Biden and Vice President Harris as his backup. Then grassroots Democratic donors gave approaching $100 million in 24 hours to Vice President Harris. The people chose Vice President Harris and you have sour grapes because a cabal did not choose your fantasy draft choice (who didnt even run). Enjoy the grapes.

Come now, "the people" have NOT chosen Harris. Your $100M is not "the people".
concordtom
dimitrig said:

dajo9 said:

dimitrig said:

dajo9 said:

dimitrig said:

bear2034 said:

concordtom said:

dimitrig said:

Big C said:

sycasey said:

Democrats voted for President Biden and Vice President Harris as his backup. Then grassroots Democratic donors gave approaching $100 million in 24 hours to Vice President Harris. The people chose Vice President Harris and you have sour grapes because a cabal did not choose your fantasy draft choice (who didnt even run). Enjoy the grapes.

I see. We vote with our dollars instead of at the polls now.

Agreed.
Unfortunately, that's how the SCOTUS wanted it.
See: Citizens v United
See: lack of enforcement by FEC
See: lack of campaign finance reform legislation.
See: stupid voters who are swayed by marketing campaigns and not intelligent rational choices rooted in education of issues and facts. Buy Frosted Flakes - they're GREATTTT!!!!
See: our lame SYSTEM
concordtom
calbear93 said:

dimitrig said:

sycasey said:

dimitrig said:

bear2034 said:

concordtom said:

dimitrig said:

Big C said:

sycasey said:

There are logistics issues with going with someone other than Harris. And the reality is that, maybe other than Whitmer, there isn't anyone well known enough with enough appeal in the battle ground states and with the donors this close to the election.

I will say one thing about the Democrats. They have balls that the Republicans lack.

I questioned their ability to do the right thing by pushing against the head of their party. They did. And Biden eventually capitulated. The day I see the Republicans show some backbone and the voters choose country over a man will be the first. The few brave Republicans who did so were pushed out of the party despite their strong conservative history and policies.

Dude, AMEN to THAT post!!!
Rock solid!!!

And I'm glad to hear your analysis of "if not Harris, then who?" That's where I bogged down, too.
concordtom
BearGoggles said:

calbear93 said:

dimitrig said:

sycasey said:

dimitrig said:

bear2034 said:

concordtom said:

dimitrig said:

Big C said:

sycasey said:

There are logistics issues with going with someone other than Harris. And the reality is that, maybe other than Whitmer, there isn't anyone well known enough with enough appeal in the battle ground states and with the donors this close to the election.

I will say one thing about the Democrats. They have balls that the Republicans lack.

I questioned their ability to do the right thing by pushing against the head of their party. They did. And Biden eventually capitulated. The day I see the Republicans show some backbone and the voters choose country over a man will be the first. The few brave Republicans who did so were pushed out of the party despite their strong conservative history and policies.
The elephant in the room is that the dems replaced Biden with a candidate whose polling negatives with the overall electorate are worse than Bidens. There is a weird dichotomy that a majority of dems wanted Biden to withdraw, but there are no clearly better candidates for a general election.

I would not be at all surprised if they find a way to nominate some one other than Kamala. The DNC convention is not for a few more weeks. I think the upcoming polling will show that other candidates - Whitmer, Gavin, and others - have better polling than Kamala. And we now know that the dem power brokers have no hesitation to flex and install their preferred candidate.

I think pretty much everyone would like to see a series of quick debates AND THEN get polling results.

But, there's politics involved for everyone. I'm sure there are candidates who would run against Harris in we were starting from scratch. But we're not. And they want to preserve their future options. That's politics and I suppose they've always existed.
concordtom
BearGoggles said:

sycasey said:

calbear93 said:

dimitrig said:

sycasey said:

dimitrig said:

bear2034 said:

concordtom said:

dimitrig said:

Big C said:

sycasey said:

The issue for Republicans is that Trump is and has always been very popular with their voter base. Biden had lost enough support with the Democratic base to make the move feasible.
In 2020 he benefitted from a divided field. He had plurality support which was enough to win the primary. Today he has majority support - but I don't think he's "very popular" with the traditional republican base. It is part the the reason his overall approval numbers are stuck at 45%.

The dems have also empowered him by engaging in lawfare that has caused people who otherwise don't like Trump to support him. And that is by design. The dems wanted Trump to be the candidate in 2016 and 2024 (be careful what you wish for).

If the dems had a decent centrist candidate, they would defeat trump easily. That is not Kamala. She owns all of Biden's policies (many of which are deeply unpopular with republicans and independents) most notably border issues, is highly unlikable, unaccomplished, never won a national primary (or for that matter, even polled above 5%), and is pretty left wing. She could still win - because Trump is also widely unpopular. I think it will be close and lots could change (including Trump's healthY. But she is not a strong candidate.

It's too bad you can't see your way to the wisdom in holding criminals to account. Because otherwise you sometimes have reasonable things to say.
dajo9
dajo9 said:

dimitrig said:

dajo9 said:

dimitrig said:

bear2034 said:

concordtom said:

dimitrig said:

Big C said:

sycasey said:

Democrats voted for President Biden and Vice President Harris as his backup. The people chose Vice President Harris and you have sour grapes because a cabal did not choose your fantasy draft choice (who didnt even run). Enjoy the grapes.

I hope this helps some of you
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
dimitrig
dajo9 said:

dajo9 said:

dimitrig said:

dajo9 said:

dimitrig said:

bear2034 said:

concordtom said:

dimitrig said:

Big C said:

sycasey said:

Democrats voted for President Biden and Vice President Harris as his backup. The people chose Vice President Harris and you have sour grapes because a cabal did not choose your fantasy draft choice (who didnt even run). Enjoy the grapes.

I hope this helps some of you

If Biden steps down as POTUS then Kamala Harris takes over. No issues there. That's not the situation.

tequila4kapp
concordtom said:

dimitrig said:

bear2034 said:

concordtom said:

dimitrig said:

Big C said:

sycasey said:

I don't favor this "process" either but come on, man, the GOP is 10x worse. They've got a quarter of their leaders retiring because they can't stomach trump, letting in room for all others to flip 180 degrees and kiss Hitler's ass.

This statement reflects the left's ultimate truth - it's just pure politics. Claims about existential threats, threats to Democracy, 25th Amendment (for Trump), mandatory cognitive testing (for Trump), etc, etc, etc are ultimately crappola. Because when push comes to shove the only thing that matters is having their team win.
Zippergate

And then they'll put the same stunt in November. And there is nothing that can stop them.
tequila4kapp
calbear93 said:

dimitrig said:

sycasey said:

dimitrig said:

bear2034 said:

concordtom said:

dimitrig said:

Big C said:

sycasey said:

D's absolutely did NOT put country over man. That is 100% absurd. They made a calculation that they were going to lose and abandoned a sitting president who won the nomination. And they were pushed to do it by mega donors closing their check books. What they did is the height of cowardly hypocrisy and politics.
dajo9
tequila4kapp said:

concordtom said:

dimitrig said:

bear2034 said:

concordtom said:

dimitrig said:

Big C said:

sycasey said:

This statement reflects the left's ultimate truth - it's just pure politics. Claims about existential threats, threats to Democracy, 25th Amendment (for Trump), mandatory cognitive testing (for Trump), etc, etc, etc are ultimately crappola. Because when push comes to shove the only thing that matters is having their team win.

Something like 40 of Trump's former cabinet members don't endorse him, not to mention his own VP.
calbear93
tequila4kapp said:

calbear93 said:

dimitrig said:

sycasey said:

dimitrig said:

bear2034 said:

concordtom said:

dimitrig said:

Big C said:

sycasey said:

D's absolutely did NOT put country over man. That is 100% absurd. They made a calculation that they were going to lose and abandoned a sitting president who won the nomination. And they were pushed to do it by mega donors closing their check books. What they did is the height of cowardly hypocrisy and politics.
Who were the donors? Were they not Democrats? How about the base? Were the Dem voters not asking loudly whether Biden would be functional in 3 years?

When have the Republican donors and voters put country over a man to force someone like Trump to leave? No, the Republican donors and voters put Trump over the stability that a normal conservative Republican would have brought. Their allegiance is to Trump. You cannot say that the Democrats' allegiance is to Biden.
calbear93
One Term Genocide Joe said:

dajo9 said:

Something like 40 of Trump's former cabinet members don't endorse him, not to mention his own VP.
Guys like John Bolton, Mike Pompeo, Gary Cohn, and Rex Tillerson aren't guys whose opinions I care about on any topic. All they care about is using the U.S. military to protect the business interests of megacorporations. As for bearister's hero, James Mattis, he wanted regime change war in Syria. Trump told him to go **** himself.

There are all kinds of reasons to want someone better than Trump as President, but the opinions of a bunch of neocon Republicans are not the reason why. And the American people choosing a bad President is still better for democracy than the Democratic Party model of having elites rig the presidential primaries three primaries in a row.

Either Trump doesn't choose the right people to surround him or he generates no loyalty or followership (which would be minimum table stakes to be an effective leader).

calbear93
dimitrig said:

dajo9 said:

dimitrig said:

dajo9 said:

dimitrig said:

dajo9 said:

dimitrig said:

bear2034 said:

concordtom said:

dimitrig said:

Big C said:

sycasey said:

I see. We vote with our dollars instead of at the polls now.

If you want to ignore the whole part about the vote then sure, I could see making that argument

I don't recall anyone voting for Kamala Harris for POTUS in the primary.

She was on the ticket. And the vice president takes over when the president resigns or is unable to serve.

So, I would argue that they did for situations just like this. But at the end of the day, the primary and how a party chooses its candidates is a private (maybe state) matter. The Dems can do whatever they want subject to their own internal rules and state rules.
dajo9

dajo9 said:

Guys like John Bolton, Mike Pompeo, Gary Cohn, and Rex Tillerson aren't guys whose opinions I care about on any topic. All they care about is using the U.S. military to protect the business interests of megacorporations. As for bearister's hero, James Mattis, he wanted regime change war in Syria. Trump told him to go **** himself.

There are all kinds of reasons to want someone better than Trump as President, but the opinions of a bunch of neocon Republicans are not the reason why. And the American people choosing a bad President is still better for democracy than the Democratic Party model of having elites rig the presidential primaries three primaries in a row.

Well that's 5 of the 40. Keep going. Tell us why you don't like all 40 of the people Trump personally chose. We've got time.
BearGoggles
tequila4kapp said:

concordtom said:

dimitrig said:

bear2034 said:

concordtom said:

dimitrig said:

Big C said:

sycasey said:

I posted something like this yesterday but you say it better.

Already there are reports that: (i) Biden was set up to fail in the debate because dem operatives had seen him failing for 2 years; and (ii) Kamala will be dumped in favor of Mark Kelly or some other candidate,

https://nypost.com/2024/07/22/us-news/top-dems-threatened-to-remove-biden-unless-he-resigned/

Zippergate
Who were the donors? Were they not Democrats? How about the base? Were the Dem voters not asking loudly whether Biden would be functional in 3 years?

When have the Republican donors and voters put country over a man to force someone like Trump to leave? No, the Republican donors and voters put Trump over the stability that a normal conservative Republican would have brought. Their allegiance is to Trump. You cannot say that the Democrats' allegiance is to Biden.

Are we to believe that Biden's fitness is a new issue? Hardly. They happy to perpetuate the lie that Biden was fit until it became clear that he couldn't win the election and would likely drag the party down with it. Call it whatever you will, just don't call it democratic. If the Democrats truly cared about the country, at least the values that most Americans hold and not the radical agenda being pushed by progressives, they would have rallied around RFK Jr, and for the first time in my life I would have voted with them.

As for the Republicans, much of the party, especially the part that has money and power, can't stand Trump and would have been very happy if the bullets didn't miss. But their candidates lost in the primaries. Democracy in action.

dajo9
For some of you 880,000 grassroots donors in 24 hours - the majority of whom are first time donors - is less important than an anonymous source on repeat on cable news.

Grassroots donors are how campaigns should be funded. Overturn Citizens United.
bear2034
Did they untie the Biden family yet or are they still holding them against their will? It's been over 24 hours since they generously volunteered not to run?
bear2034
calbear93 said:

dimitrig said:

sycasey said:

dimitrig said:

bear2034 said:

concordtom said:

dimitrig said:

Big C said:

sycasey said:

As previously discussed with bearister, Democrats are the ballers because they play to win but that doesn't necessarily mean they have balls. They could be nuts. Two different things.

Who were these brave Republican souls you speak of?
dajo9
bear2034 said:

Did they untie the Biden family yet or are they still holding them against their will? It's been over 24 hours since they generously volunteered not to run?

It's all a game to you
bear2034
dajo9 said:

bear2034 said:

It's all a game to you

You would think after such a remarkable statement supposedly released by the President of the United States you would expect an appearance of some kind. Otherwise, you're left to consider if there are other options that may better represent reality.
bear2034
calbear93 said:

dajo9 said:

Either Trump doesn't choose the right people to surround him or he generates no loyalty or followership (which would be minimum table stakes to be an effective leader).

Trump didn't choose the right people to surround him partly because the people who were offering Trump recommendations were part of the problem. But that was four years ago. Since then, the Biden DOJ has imprisoned those who have remained loyal to Trump.
bear2034
dajo9 said:

bear2034 said:

It's all a game to you
These are the real questions right now:

NVBear78
tequila4kapp said:

concordtom said:

dimitrig said:

bear2034 said:

concordtom said:

dimitrig said:

Big C said:

sycasey said:

spot on, the key with the Dem's and Left is to always remember that whatever they accuse their opponents of is the thing they are actually doing.

This quote sums the left up perfectly:

"But what the country is seeing is an incumbent president, whom party members still voted for in the primary, being brought down by a palace coup. And this is happening in the party that says it is defending democracy".
TheFiatLux
I feel like we have gone fully through the looking glass.

The President of the United States of America decides, in a complete 180, to not run for reelection. He announces it on Twitter. Think about that? No public address. No photos. Just a letter posted on Twitter. This is how democracy works? Yes, this was a coup (in my humble opinion).

Literally days ago, surrogates were lying to us about how amazing he was in private. How dare us plebes believe our lying eyes. How dare we believe the cheap fakes... The debate made that a real tough sell, even for Morning Joe.

WHO IN THE HELL IS RUNNING THE COUNTRY? We're supposed to have faith in the people around Biden? Kamala (border czar), Mayorkas, Secretary of Defense Austin who just plain ole went AWOL for a week... Did anyone watch the debacle today with Secret Service Director Kimberly Cheatle? THESE are the people running our country. It's not good.

We were lied to about Covid. We've been lied to about Joe.

As long as people go along with the lies, they'll keep lying.

It's up to us.

bear2034
MiZery
He literally was in public meeting people a few days before in a Nevada cafe. He was sick with Covid hence could not be out in public when he announced.

Obviously he's been in making hundreds of speeches the last few years that you obviously missed.

Let's talk about trumps impediments now.

Sorry. This and Covid is not one big conspiracy and the fact that you're a cal grad is embarrassing. No amount of long and fancy words will cover up the fact that you're full of conspiracies and false information

You don't admit it but you're a MAGA type.
MiZery
Oh and no one claimed Kamala was the border czar. The media did.

She was tasked with leading the administration's diplomatic campaign to address the "root causes" of migration from Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador, including poverty, corruption and violence.

That has nothing to do with the border. But beleive everything the right winged media and social networks tell you. Don't you?
sycasey
So what is the conspiracy now? Democrats are hiding Joe Biden's death or something? Even though they've basically already nominated his VP who would take over in the event of his death anyway?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.