Off Topic
Sponsored by

High School football

12,580 Views | 198 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Cal88
wifeisafurd
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DiabloWags said:

wifeisafurd said:

TomBear said:


Ironic: Cal plays a college game at home on a Friday night.
DLS plays a high school game at Cal on Saturday afternoon.

What's wrong with this picture?

Well it is a smart play to get to top high school teams, with plenty of prospects, to play in Cla's stadium. Timing is admittedly weird.


ESPN dictates the scheduling.


Sure, on college TV does, and they pay for that right.

Cal reached out to DLS to get two high ranked high school teams that just so happen to have highly rated recruits, to play at Memorial on an open date for the reasons I suggested. It is just unusual to see a college game on Friday and a high school game on Saturday played at the same venue.
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wifeisafurd said:

DiabloWags said:

wifeisafurd said:

TomBear said:


Ironic: Cal plays a college game at home on a Friday night.
DLS plays a high school game at Cal on Saturday afternoon.

What's wrong with this picture?

Well it is a smart play to get to top high school teams, with plenty of prospects, to play in Cla's stadium. Timing is admittedly weird.


ESPN dictates the scheduling.


Sure, on college TV does, and they pay for that right.

Cal reached out to DLS to get two high ranked high school teams that just so happen to have highly rated recruits, to play at Memorial on an open date for the reasons I suggested. It is just unusual to see a college game on Friday and a high school game on Saturday played at the same venue.


I would suggest that Saturday was never really "open" to hold a Cal game in the first place given that ESPN would not have covered it given all of the other ranked teams out there playing on Saturdays.

Hence, a Friday Cal Game at Memorial . . . broadcast nationally on ESPN.

Money talks.

It's a CULT.

wifeisafurd
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DiabloWags said:

wifeisafurd said:

DiabloWags said:

wifeisafurd said:

TomBear said:


Ironic: Cal plays a college game at home on a Friday night.
DLS plays a high school game at Cal on Saturday afternoon.

What's wrong with this picture?

Well it is a smart play to get to top high school teams, with plenty of prospects, to play in Cla's stadium. Timing is admittedly weird.


ESPN dictates the scheduling.


Sure, on college TV does, and they pay for that right.

Cal reached out to DLS to get two high ranked high school teams that just so happen to have highly rated recruits, to play at Memorial on an open date for the reasons I suggested. It is just unusual to see a college game on Friday and a high school game on Saturday played at the same venue.


I would suggest that Saturday was never really "open" to hold a Cal game in the first place given that ESPN would not have covered it given all of the other ranked teams out there playing on Saturdays.

Hence, a Friday Cal Game at Memorial . . . broadcast nationally on ESPN.

Money talks.



right TV dictated the timing of Cal's game, Call reached out to get the DLS game on Saturday.
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wifeisafurd said:

DiabloWags said:

wifeisafurd said:

DiabloWags said:

wifeisafurd said:

TomBear said:


Ironic: Cal plays a college game at home on a Friday night.
DLS plays a high school game at Cal on Saturday afternoon.

What's wrong with this picture?

Well it is a smart play to get to top high school teams, with plenty of prospects, to play in Cla's stadium. Timing is admittedly weird.


ESPN dictates the scheduling.


Sure, on college TV does, and they pay for that right.

Cal reached out to DLS to get two high ranked high school teams that just so happen to have highly rated recruits, to play at Memorial on an open date for the reasons I suggested. It is just unusual to see a college game on Friday and a high school game on Saturday played at the same venue.


I would suggest that Saturday was never really "open" to hold a Cal game in the first place given that ESPN would not have covered it given all of the other ranked teams out there playing on Saturdays.

Hence, a Friday Cal Game at Memorial . . . broadcast nationally on ESPN.

Money talks.



right TV dictated the timing of Cal's game, Call reached out to get the DLS game on Saturday.


It's also why 'Furd had so many 7:30 pm start times a few years back.
It's the only way they could receive national TV coverage.
It's a CULT.

HearstMining
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anarchistbear said:

HearstMining said:

Anarchistbear said:

I think the parents are elitist, highly educated and fearful

Public schools here are also segregated by affluence. If you live in Palo Alto or like suburbs the schools are excellent and there is nothing to worry about but you pay for that . If you live in Oakland , San Francisco or San Jose they are more problematic with poorer kids and "that kind"

I had two kids-one went the catholic route, the second, public- both to Cal. The catholic one was super competitive and enjoyed the academics and athletics. The second enjoyed the peer group and diversity of the public. This one also showed me that being among the highest performers in a public school is worth as much or more than being among the top 10% in private, even though she was no smarter than her brother.

So, how many of you Cal grads (or parents of Cal grads) look down your noses at CSU grads, or even UC Riverside or UC Merced grads? Sounds pretty elitist to me. Did you pay for SAT prep classes, after school tutors, or traveling sports teams that helped get your kids into the college they wanted? Or maybe you foot the bill for out-of-state tuition at ASU or Oregon? Again, lots of folks would call that elitist.

Sure, there are plenty of parents for whom private HS is a status thing, but a lot of them just want to improve the odds of their kids' success and that's not a bad thing.


You seem to be assuming a lot of things that nobody in this thread has said.

True, they weren't things said on this thread, but they were things that have been said on other BI threads over the years.
cal83dls79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HearstMining said:

Anarchistbear said:

HearstMining said:

Anarchistbear said:

I think the parents are elitist, highly educated and fearful

Public schools here are also segregated by affluence. If you live in Palo Alto or like suburbs the schools are excellent and there is nothing to worry about but you pay for that . If you live in Oakland , San Francisco or San Jose they are more problematic with poorer kids and "that kind"

I had two kids-one went the catholic route, the second, public- both to Cal. The catholic one was super competitive and enjoyed the academics and athletics. The second enjoyed the peer group and diversity of the public. This one also showed me that being among the highest performers in a public school is worth as much or more than being among the top 10% in private, even though she was no smarter than her brother.

So, how many of you Cal grads (or parents of Cal grads) look down your noses at CSU grads, or even UC Riverside or UC Merced grads? Sounds pretty elitist to me. Did you pay for SAT prep classes, after school tutors, or traveling sports teams that helped get your kids into the college they wanted? Or maybe you foot the bill for out-of-state tuition at ASU or Oregon? Again, lots of folks would call that elitist.

Sure, there are plenty of parents for whom private HS is a status thing, but a lot of them just want to improve the odds of their kids' success and that's not a bad thing.


You seem to be assuming a lot of things that nobody in this thread has said.

True, they weren't things said on this thread, but they were things that have been said on other BI threads over the years.
I thought it took a turn there too. Trying to explain the evolution of private education in the Bay Area is tough to accomplish in a BI thread. I view things differently having been in it or watching it over the years since 1970. For example when I went to DLS we had the Catholic Athletic League…..the history of that league alone could have a few chapters…along with that the various reasons why parents choose private over public which has changed over time….that and the explosive growth in the east bay happening as well.
Priest of the Patty Hearst Shrine
wifeisafurd
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DiabloWags said:

wifeisafurd said:

DiabloWags said:

wifeisafurd said:

DiabloWags said:

wifeisafurd said:

TomBear said:


Ironic: Cal plays a college game at home on a Friday night.
DLS plays a high school game at Cal on Saturday afternoon.

What's wrong with this picture?

Well it is a smart play to get to top high school teams, with plenty of prospects, to play in Cla's stadium. Timing is admittedly weird.


ESPN dictates the scheduling.


Sure, on college TV does, and they pay for that right.

Cal reached out to DLS to get two high ranked high school teams that just so happen to have highly rated recruits, to play at Memorial on an open date for the reasons I suggested. It is just unusual to see a college game on Friday and a high school game on Saturday played at the same venue.


I would suggest that Saturday was never really "open" to hold a Cal game in the first place given that ESPN would not have covered it given all of the other ranked teams out there playing on Saturdays.

Hence, a Friday Cal Game at Memorial . . . broadcast nationally on ESPN.

Money talks.



right TV dictated the timing of Cal's game, Call reached out to get the DLS game on Saturday.


It's also why 'Furd had so many 7:30 pm start times a few years back.
It's the only way they could receive national TV coverage.


The newly wed (with young kids) and nearly dead better get sued to it. Having late night games means your west coast team is good and getting national coverage.
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wifeisafurd said:

DiabloWags said:

wifeisafurd said:

DiabloWags said:

wifeisafurd said:

DiabloWags said:

wifeisafurd said:

TomBear said:


Ironic: Cal plays a college game at home on a Friday night.
DLS plays a high school game at Cal on Saturday afternoon.

What's wrong with this picture?

Well it is a smart play to get to top high school teams, with plenty of prospects, to play in Cla's stadium. Timing is admittedly weird.


ESPN dictates the scheduling.


Sure, on college TV does, and they pay for that right.

Cal reached out to DLS to get two high ranked high school teams that just so happen to have highly rated recruits, to play at Memorial on an open date for the reasons I suggested. It is just unusual to see a college game on Friday and a high school game on Saturday played at the same venue.


I would suggest that Saturday was never really "open" to hold a Cal game in the first place given that ESPN would not have covered it given all of the other ranked teams out there playing on Saturdays.

Hence, a Friday Cal Game at Memorial . . . broadcast nationally on ESPN.

Money talks.



right TV dictated the timing of Cal's game, Call reached out to get the DLS game on Saturday.


It's also why 'Furd had so many 7:30 pm start times a few years back.
It's the only way they could receive national TV coverage.


The newly wed (with young kids) and nearly dead better get sued to it. Having late night games means your west coast team is good and getting national coverage.


I disagree.

It means that all of those college sports writers on the East Coast are already in bed.
Surely it didn't help Stanford's Christian McCaffrey who was runner-up for the Heisman in 2015.
It's a CULT.

01Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anarchistbear said:

I don't think private school in California has the same blue blood/legacy that those in the East have. We don't have the Choates and Exeters here. Many Asians send their kids to Northern CA catholic schools; funnily, these school set up to serve the diocese and promote religious training have now become educational magnets for other reasons .

( I don't know the SoCal situation but why wouldn't there be Catholic high schools?)

There are quite a number of Catholic schools in SoCal, including some better known ones in prep football circles, like Santa Margarita, Mater Dei, and JSerra in the OC or St. Jon Bosco or Lotola High in LA county. Locally (near me in the San Gabriel Valley), there's also Bishop Amat.

Aside from football schools, there are plenty of other Catholic schools, private protestant high schools, and non-sectarian high schools.

That said, I rarely heard of kids going to private school in SoCal when I was younger or even now, for that matter. Mostly, when I hear about private school students, it's from a friend who is a teacher at one of the local Catholic schools. By and large, it seems that most people in my area (the San Gabriel Valley) send their kids to the local high school. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure if that's just a SGV (and not necessarily a SoCal thing) or if it's just the result of the circles in which I happen(ed) to run.

I admit I'm a little fascinated by the idea of parents spending tens of thousands of dollars every year on sending their kids to high school, when those same kids are guaranteed a free education at their local high school. I'm really intrigued by why they would do so (I mean, I'm assuming they believe it what will help their kids the most, but what's underlying that assumption?). Again, it's not something I saw much of until I arrived at Cal.

For those who went to private school, do you think you were better for it or do you think your life likely would not have been much different had you gone to public school?
BearlySane88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
01Bear said:

Anarchistbear said:

I don't think private school in California has the same blue blood/legacy that those in the East have. We don't have the Choates and Exeters here. Many Asians send their kids to Northern CA catholic schools; funnily, these school set up to serve the diocese and promote religious training have now become educational magnets for other reasons .

( I don't know the SoCal situation but why wouldn't there be Catholic high schools?)

There are quite a number of Catholic schools in SoCal, including some better known ones in prep football circles, like Santa Margarita, Mater Dei, and JSerra in the OC or St. Jon Bosco or Lotola High in LA county. Locally (near me in the San Gabriel Valley), there's also Bishop Amat.

Aside from football schools, there are plenty of other Catholic schools, private protestant high schools, and non-sectarian high schools.

That said, I rarely heard of kids going to private school in SoCal when I was younger or even now, for that matter. Mostly, when I hear about private school students, it's from a friend who is a teacher at one of the local Catholic schools. By and large, it seems that most people in my area (the San Gabriel Valley) send their kids to the local high school. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure if that's just a SGV (and not necessarily a SoCal thing) or if it's just the result of the circles in which I happen(ed) to run.

I admit I'm a little fascinated by the idea of parents spending tens of thousands of dollars every year on sending their kids to high school, when those same kids are guaranteed a free education at their local high school. I'm really intrigued by why they would do so (I mean, I'm assuming they believe it what will help their kids the most, but what's underlying that assumption?). Again, it's not something I saw much of until I arrived at Cal.

For those who went to private school, do you think you were better for it or do you think your life likely would not have been much different had you gone to public school?


Growing up in Oakland, going to private school was definitely a net positive for me. Culturally, I was isolated from reality (to an extent) which I don't love. It got less isolated in high school but there was always a missing piece to me. Educationally, I think I would have fared the same either way but private school had a lot less distractions than my friends in public school had. Hard to say what would have happened, positively or negatively.

I learned the importance of community through private schools. However I didn't learn how to handle all of the social situations I'd come across outside of private school. Thankfully my public school friends taught me the ways of the streets.

I think connections made in private school can be super beneficial later in life but I'm sure those same type of connections can be made in public schools too.

Hard question to answer having only lived one side of it.
01Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearlySane88 said:

01Bear said:

Anarchistbear said:

I don't think private school in California has the same blue blood/legacy that those in the East have. We don't have the Choates and Exeters here. Many Asians send their kids to Northern CA catholic schools; funnily, these school set up to serve the diocese and promote religious training have now become educational magnets for other reasons .

( I don't know the SoCal situation but why wouldn't there be Catholic high schools?)

There are quite a number of Catholic schools in SoCal, including some better known ones in prep football circles, like Santa Margarita, Mater Dei, and JSerra in the OC or St. Jon Bosco or Lotola High in LA county. Locally (near me in the San Gabriel Valley), there's also Bishop Amat.

Aside from football schools, there are plenty of other Catholic schools, private protestant high schools, and non-sectarian high schools.

That said, I rarely heard of kids going to private school in SoCal when I was younger or even now, for that matter. Mostly, when I hear about private school students, it's from a friend who is a teacher at one of the local Catholic schools. By and large, it seems that most people in my area (the San Gabriel Valley) send their kids to the local high school. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure if that's just a SGV (and not necessarily a SoCal thing) or if it's just the result of the circles in which I happen(ed) to run.

I admit I'm a little fascinated by the idea of parents spending tens of thousands of dollars every year on sending their kids to high school, when those same kids are guaranteed a free education at their local high school. I'm really intrigued by why they would do so (I mean, I'm assuming they believe it what will help their kids the most, but what's underlying that assumption?). Again, it's not something I saw much of until I arrived at Cal.

For those who went to private school, do you think you were better for it or do you think your life likely would not have been much different had you gone to public school?


Growing up in Oakland, going to private school was definitely a net positive for me. Culturally, I was isolated from reality (to an extent) which I don't love. It got less isolated in high school but there was always a missing piece to me. Educationally, I think I would have fared the same either way but private school had a lot less distractions than my friends in public school had. Hard to say what would have happened, positively or negatively.

I learned the importance of community through private schools. However I didn't learn how to handle all of the social situations I'd come across outside of private school. Thankfully my public school friends taught me the ways of the streets.

I think connections made in private school can be super beneficial later in life but I'm sure those same type of connections can be made in public schools too.

Hard question to answer having only lived one side of it.

Thanks for the reply! I totally agree it's hard to say for sure what would've gone differently as it's impossible to know for sure.

I'm really curious about the Oakland educational experience. I know Oakland has one of the best public schools in Oakland Tech* and it also has some low performing public schools. I know Oakland has got to have its share of some really bright kids (see, Lynch, Marshawn aka Beast Mode), but many of them may be distracted by things outside of the classroom. But at the same time, there have got to be plenty who excel academically (with our without the distractions) (id.).

*Alma mater of Cal great Marshawn Lynch!
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
01Bear said:



I admit I'm a little fascinated by the idea of parents spending tens of thousands of dollars every year on sending their kids to high school, when those same kids are guaranteed a free education at their local high school. I'm really intrigued by why they would do so (I mean, I'm assuming they believe it what will help their kids the most, but what's underlying that assumption?). Again, it's not something I saw much of until I arrived at Cal.



In parallel thought, I remember sitting at the bar of a local sports bar/restaurant roughly 20 years ago around graduation time for De LaSalle when it was "only" $7700 a year and couldn't help notice that 95% of the kids listed in the baccalaureate program were not going to major 4 year Universities like Cal, UCLA, Stanford, Oregon, Washington, Arizona, Michigan, Penn, Cornell, Columbia, NYU, etc.

Most of the kids were listed as going to mostly CA State schools - - - and of course St. Mary's in Moraga.

The owner had a son on the DLS Baseball team.
He got a scholarship to Fresno State.
Wound up in the minors, but
didn't pan out.

If I had spent private school money (especially at today's prices), I would have wanted my son or daughter to go to a major 4 year University.
It's a CULT.

01Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DiabloWags said:

01Bear said:



I admit I'm a little fascinated by the idea of parents spending tens of thousands of dollars every year on sending their kids to high school, when those same kids are guaranteed a free education at their local high school. I'm really intrigued by why they would do so (I mean, I'm assuming they believe it what will help their kids the most, but what's underlying that assumption?). Again, it's not something I saw much of until I arrived at Cal.



In parallel thought, I remember sitting at the bar of a local sports bar/restaurant roughly 20 years ago around graduation time for De LaSalle when it was "only" $7700 a year and couldn't help notice that 95% of the kids listed in the baccalaureate program were not going to major 4 year Universities like Cal, UCLA, Stanford, Oregon, Washington, Arizona, Michigan, Penn, Cornell, Columbia, NYU, etc.

Most of the kids were listed as going to mostly CA State schools - - - and of course St. Mary's in Moraga.

The owner had a son on the DLS Baseball team.
He got a scholarship to Fresno State.
Wound up in the minors, but
didn't pan out.

If I had spent private school money (especially at today's prices), I would have wanted my son or daughter to go to a major 4 year University.


That is intriguing.

I'm not saying that private school kids aren't cut out for four year universities* but I wonder if the lack of obstacles in private schools made some of the private school kids a little "soft" and too reliant on their parents to bail them out or help them advance. Along those lines, I wonder if public school kids are a little more resilient because they've had to rely on themselves to advance. (On a personal level, my high school guidance counselor not only didn't provide me with any guidance on how to go to college--my friends and I relied on one another and the classes before ours for that information--but she actually recommended I drop out of high school and get my GED in my senior. I'm skeptical that private school kids have had to overcome their own guidance counselors as an obstacle on their path to higher education.)


*For that matter, I really don't believe everyone should go to a four-year university. Rather, I am of the belief that we need to put more of an emphasis (re status) on trade schools and technical certificate programs. There are plenty of well-paying jobs that don't require a four-year university education. For that matter, I don't believe that the point of college is to train kids for entry level jobs.
TomBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Count me among those who agree with your asterisked last paragraph, 01.

I'm in Ventura County, and from what I gather in talking with parents here, many of those who send their kids to private schools do so because of the left of center leanings that seem to be so prevalent in the public schools in some areas down here, especially in L.A. Unified.

My kid went to public school in our home town, and it was JUST beginning to show apparent indoctrination among some of the faculty in her junior year. In her freshman year, it was not noticeable at all, But by the time she graduated, it only took a few parents nights at the school to see that things had, and were changing.

I could never afford to send my kid to a private school. But if I had to do it nowadays, I'd do everything I could to try.

BTW our local (athletic) powerhouse schools are Oaks Christian, Sierra Canyon and Chaminade.

Personally, I really like Orange Lutheran over many of the better known privates down here. Seems to me their kids come out really well, and their athletic and arts programs are sensational.
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I agree 100%.

I learned very little at Cal outside of how much stress and anxiety I could absorb on the quarter system at Haas.
It's a CULT.

01Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TomBear said:


Count me among those who agree with your asterisked last paragraph, 01.

I'm in Ventura County, and from what I gather in talking with parents here, many of those who send their kids to private schools do so because of the left of center leanings that seem to be so prevalent in the public schools in some areas down here, especially in L.A. Unified.

My kid went to public school in our home town, and it was JUST beginning to show apparent indoctrination among some of the faculty in her junior year. In her freshman year, it was not noticeable at all, But by the time she graduated, it only took a few parents nights at the school to see that things had, and were changing.

I could never afford to send my kid to a private school. But if I had to do it nowadays, I'd do everything I could to try.

BTW our local (athletic) powerhouse schools are Oaks Christian, Sierra Canyon and Chaminade.

Personally, I really like Orange Lutheran over many of the better known privates down here. Seems to me their kids come out really well, and their athletic and arts programs are sensational.


Thanks for the feedback! I do appreciate learning different perspectives. I never considered the indoctrination aspect. On that note, would you mind clarifying what you mean? (I'm not saying this as a means to judge or to criticize anyone's politics. I'm really curious what kind of political indoctrination can take place in high school.)
01Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DiabloWags said:

I agree 100%.

I learned very little at Cal outside of how much stress and anxiety I could absorb on the quarter system at Haas.

As a history major, I had a great time at Cal. I also got to take a bunch of interesting classes outside my major. I know that's not the case for many Cal students/alumni, who are/were essentially stuck in regimented coursework with tons of labwork. One of my roommates, for instance, was an architecture major at Cal and he barely got to come home to sleep. I'm fairly certain I had a more enjoyable undergrad experience than he.
TomBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?

'01, if you're asking about what it was I heard in my kid's school during parent's night, I have to apologize. It was over 10 years ago, and there are days I can't even remember what I had for dinner the night before!

I don't recall ever asking specifics to the parents I've talked with, other than I recall a couple of people concerned about history classes.

What I do recall about my daughter's situation was that I seem to recall it was some sort of literature class she was taking where the teacher made a few remarks that raised a flag to me. I can recall the moments, I just can't recall the words
cal83dls79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TomBear said:


'01, if you're asking about what it was I heard in my kid's school during parent's night, I have to apologize. It was over 10 years ago, and there are days I can't even remember what I had for dinner the night before!

I don't recall ever asking specifics to the parents I've talked with, other than I recall a couple of people concerned about history classes.

What I do recall about my daughter's situation was that I seem to recall it was some sort of literature class she was taking where the teacher made a few remarks that raised a flag to me. I can recall the moments, I just can't recall the words
my history teacher at DLS was African American, the AD and head men's Basketball coach and wore a dashiki to class. Awesome teacher, brought a lot of coaching stuff into the classroom combined with his takes on slavery and colonialism. It was theatre and engaging. Made us look at history thru a different lense. English teacher was a Cal guy who dropped lots of F bombs and let me play George Carlin's Class Clown in class on free afternoon fridays…..while the nerds played stratomatic baseball and others listed to Earth Wind and Fire. I was in the "Humanities" tranche where we had the cool professors, all lay professors. I avoided most brothers. It was like a smaller pod of kids that took all of our classes together with some crossover which what seemed to be all kids from Alamo or Danville or Pittsburgh. Being in sports I met and became close with guys in all of the different cliques. I'm sure there are plenty of cliques there still ….but the lines are probably drawn differently I'd be curious to know.
Priest of the Patty Hearst Shrine
TomBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?

That history teacher sounds awesome. I have always thought a good teacher, who was a sports fan, should be able to bring athletic principles to many class settings, even in (and maybe especially in) music. By the same token, I think a lot of music principles could be used in the same way in many class settings. Teamwork, responsibility, knowing your assignment, cohesion in performance etc.

The fact that he brought in some "theatrics" probably made his class even more memorable.

There are so many good teachers out there. But, sadly, there is a great number of not so great ones too.
cal83dls79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Right. Yeah the English teacher was also a huge Raiders fan. Probably old Bearister level….every now and then he'd reenact his agony and ecstasy of witnessing Clarence Davis and the Sea of Hands catch all the while dropping f bombs …had us in stitches.
Priest of the Patty Hearst Shrine
dajo9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Most of the complaints I hear from friends about CA public schools revolve around quality of education and safety.
Censorship has always been a tool of the fascist
01Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TomBear said:


'01, if you're asking about what it was I heard in my kid's school during parent's night, I have to apologize. It was over 10 years ago, and there are days I can't even remember what I had for dinner the night before!

I don't recall ever asking specifics to the parents I've talked with, other than I recall a couple of people concerned about history classes.

What I do recall about my daughter's situation was that I seem to recall it was some sort of literature class she was taking where the teacher made a few remarks that raised a flag to me. I can recall the moments, I just can't recall the words

No worries! I was just curious. Thanks for replying!
Cal88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dajo9 said:

Most of the complaints I hear from friends about CA public schools revolve around quality of education and safety.


Other than that, they are great?
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.