White House has settled in

678,307 Views | 4703 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by cbbass1
smh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
^ dude is matthew cooke..
https://www.instagram.com/matthewcookeofficial/?hl=en
https://instagr.am/p/CHTBO7pn_rP
< plink >
sycasey
I'm so tired of all the winning.

NYCGOBEARS
sycasey said:

I'm so tired of all the winning.

Turns out that snowflakes are pretty incredible.
bearister
Hey, if you are going to suck, be the best at sucking. He'll always have that.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
NYCGOBEARS
bearister
What is even going to be better is if the lunatic fringe that he conned someday figures it out and gets pi$$ed off at him and his entire Crime Family. I'm kinda thinking they won't draw the line at civil lawsuits like the tRump University victims did.
OneKeg
Not sure if posted yet - it's about 10 days old. Australia sends their regards to Trump as he departs. I chuckled.

bearister
"In the end, Trump was everything his haters feareda chaos candidate, in the prescient words of one of his 2016 rivals, who became a chaos President. An American demagogue, he embraced division and racial discord, railed against a "deep state" within his own government, praised autocrats and attacked allies, politicized the administration of justice, monetized the Presidency for himself and his children, and presided over a tumultuous, turnover-ridden Administration via impulsive tweets."

Obituary for a Failed Presidency | The New Yorker

https://www.newyorker.com/news/letter-from-trumps-washington/obituary-for-a-failed-presidency
prospeCt
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/media/2020/nov/03/robert-fisk-obituary

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/obituaries/jan-morris-dead-obituary-writer-trans-pioneer-b1759362.html%3famp

https://www.vulture.com/article/led-zeppelin-songs-ranked-worst-best.html

smh
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolores_O%27Riordan
> Died 15 January 2018 (aged 46)
> Mayfair, London, England
> Cause of death Drowning due to alcohol intoxication
B.A. Bearacus
dajo9
#resist
American Vermin
BearForce2

art
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
GoOskie
smh said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolores_O%27Riordan
> Died 15 January 2018 (aged 46)
> Mayfair, London, England
> Cause of death Drowning due to alcohol intoxication

Damn. I didn't know this was her cause of death. Such a beautiful, talented singer.
This just in: Republicans find another whistleblower who claims Hillary's emails were proven to be on Hunter's laptop while Obama spied on tRump as he sat (shat?) upon his golden toilet. Gym Jordan afraid whistle blower may be in danger of abduction by aliens in cahoots with Democrats.
B.A. Bearacus
bearister
I saw the late Dolores' home in the Dingle Peninsula in July, 2017 (my Mother was a Dolores too).

smh
> I saw the late Dolores' home in the Dingle Peninsula in July, 2017 (my Mother was a Dolores too).

huh, as was mine. recently heard from a spanish lady that Lolita is another word for Dolores, or vice versa?
# who knew
prospeCt

BearForce2
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
prospeCt
https://theintercept.com/2021/01/14/capitol-riot-mercers-election-unrest/

B.A. Bearacus
Old administration ain't done settling in.

GoOskie
This just in: Republicans find another whistleblower who claims Hillary's emails were proven to be on Hunter's laptop while Obama spied on tRump as he sat (shat?) upon his golden toilet. Gym Jordan afraid whistle blower may be in danger of abduction by aliens in cahoots with Democrats.
Unit2Sucks
For Bearister:

"Trump staffers sought refuge on second floor of White House as former president never climbed stairs"

Quote:

Trump administration staffers sought refuge on the second floor of White House as the former president never climbed stairs, a new book claims.

The former president's aides, such as Kellyanne Conway and Stephen Miller, chose to work out of a second-floor office to ensure separation from their boss, according to Michael Wolff.

Wolff writes in the forthcoming Landslide: The Final Days of the Trump Presidency that it "meant a degree of exclusion but also protection" as "Trump would never climb the stairs (and, by the end of his term, he never had)".

An excerpt of Wolff's book was published in New York Magazine on Monday.

It is not the first time that the White House stairs have been discussed as an issue for the one-term president.

In January 2017 The Washington Post predicted that it was unlikely Mr Trump would ever go to that area of the executive mansion.

"Though Conway took over the workspace previously occupied by Valerie Jarrett, who had been Obama's closest adviser, the confidant dismissively predicted that Trump would rarely climb a flight of stairs," wrote the newspaper.

Unit2Sucks
Will the torrent of stories of unprecedented and unconstitutional actions from the Trump administration ever end?

ABC is reporting on internal DOJ discussions to request Georgia investigate and overturn Trump's loss in Georgia. They had no factual basis for doing so, nor any basis under law or in the constitution for their proposed attempt to interfere with Georgia's election, but apparently became closer than we realized to doing just that.

Quote:

Top members of the Department of Justice last year rebuffed another DOJ official who asked them to urge officials in Georgia to investigate and perhaps overturn President Joe Biden's victory in the state -- long a bitter point of contention for former President Donald Trump and his team -- before the results were certified by Congress, emails reviewed by ABC News show.

The emails, dated Dec. 28, 2020, show the former acting head of DOJ's civil division, Jeffrey Clark, circulating a draft letter - which he wanted then-acting attorney general Jeffrey Rosen and acting deputy attorney general Richard Donoghue to sign off on - urging Georgia's governor and other top officials to convene the state legislature into a special session so lawmakers could investigate claims of voter fraud.

"The Department of Justice is investigating various irregularities in the 2020 election for President of the United States," the draft letter said. "The Department will update you as we are able on investigatory progress, but at this time we have identified significant concerns that may have impacted the outcome of the election in multiple States, including the State of Georgia."

The draft letter states: "While the Department of Justice believes the Governor of Georgia should immediately call a special session to consider this important and urgent matter, if he declines to do so, we share with you our view that the Georgia General Assembly has implied authority under the Constitution of the United States to call itself into special session for the limited purpose of considering issues pertaining to the appointment of Presidential Electors."

And remember, Trump's extremely loyal personal attorney, I mean AG, Barr said there was no fraud and was fired for doing so.

Yet, here we are 8 months later and there still has not been one credible report of meaningful fraud on the part of democrats and yet there were Trump loyalists in the DOJ who were hoping to demand Georgia call a special session to overturn its election.

Quote:

Barr told the AP that U.S. attorneys and FBI agents have been working to follow up specific complaints and information they've received, but "to date, we have not seen fraud on a scale that could have effected a different outcome in the election."

The fact that none of this will elicit even an iota of concern or outrage from the conservatives in this country "tells you everything you need to know about the Republican party boys and girls" (credit to htp1).

Unit2Sucks

Some discussion at the Independent:
Quote:

The presentation bears the title "Election Fraud, Foreign Interference & Options for 6 Jan". The date on the title page is 5 January the day before the insurrection.

It was not immediately clear whether the PowerPoint that was reportedly leaked online in an email exchange with the ex-chief is the same one that Mr Meadows is said to have handed to the committee.

It echoes a series of false claims based on Donald Trump's so-called Big Lie that the 2020 election was stolen from him through fraud. The defeated president and his supporters had set out a series of allegations which were subsequently discredited.

By removing what they call "counterfeit" votes and counting the ballots again "by hand", they would "quickly and easily find out who the elected leaders REALLY ARE and restore confidence in the outcome!" the PowerPoint says.

So-called "foreign actors" had to "shift votes in traditionally Republican strongholds in order to deliver a Biden win because they could jam no more into the major cities (fraud votes)", the presentation says.

The PowerPoint then moves on to local examples of what the authors say is evidence of fraud and claim that if you count all paper ballots, then-President Donald Trump would "overwhelmingly" win.

The last page of the presentation from 5 January bears the headline "options for Jan 6" the day of the insurrection.

Then-Vice President Mike Pence "seats Republican electors over the objections of Democrats in states where fraud occurred," the presentation states. "VP Pence rejects the electors from states where fraud occurred causing the election to be decided by remaining electoral votes," and "VP Pence delays the decision in order to allow for a vetting and subsequent counting of the all the legal paper ballots".

Yeah, this is all totally normal stuff to get ready for the super bowl party on Jan 6. Every administration does this. etc.

dajo9
Unit2Sucks said:

Quote:

The presentation bears the title "Election Fraud, Foreign Interference & Options for 6 Jan". The date on the title page is 5 January the day before the insurrection.

It was not immediately clear whether the PowerPoint that was reportedly leaked online in an email exchange with the ex-chief is the same one that Mr Meadows is said to have handed to the committee.

It echoes a series of false claims based on Donald Trump's so-called Big Lie that the 2020 election was stolen from him through fraud. The defeated president and his supporters had set out a series of allegations which were subsequently discredited.

By removing what they call "counterfeit" votes and counting the ballots again "by hand", they would "quickly and easily find out who the elected leaders REALLY ARE and restore confidence in the outcome!" the PowerPoint says.

So-called "foreign actors" had to "shift votes in traditionally Republican strongholds in order to deliver a Biden win because they could jam no more into the major cities (fraud votes)", the presentation says.

The PowerPoint then moves on to local examples of what the authors say is evidence of fraud and claim that if you count all paper ballots, then-President Donald Trump would "overwhelmingly" win.

The last page of the presentation from 5 January bears the headline "options for Jan 6" the day of the insurrection.

Then-Vice President Mike Pence "seats Republican electors over the objections of Democrats in states where fraud occurred," the presentation states. "VP Pence rejects the electors from states where fraud occurred causing the election to be decided by remaining electoral votes," and "VP Pence delays the decision in order to allow for a vetting and subsequent counting of the all the legal paper ballots".

Yeah, this is all totally normal stuff to get ready for the super bowl party on Jan 6. Every administration does this. etc.

Compare how little news this gets to the months of news on Her Emails.

I don't think our country is going to survive this era as a democracy (even given the current failings of our democracy).

I was hoping Biden would be more like Lincoln but he is looking more like Buchanan.
dajo9
Fake News said:

dajo9 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Quote:

Compare how little news this gets to the months of news on Her Emails.

I don't think our country is going to survive this era as a democracy (even given the current failings of our democracy).

I was hoping Biden would be more like Lincoln but he is looking more like Buchanan.
Told you so, long before the election. Now go drink your free trade coffee and feel superior.

Also LOL at hoping he'd be like Lincoln. Were you hoping he'd declare war on the South?

Your plan of Trump getting reelected would mean the battle is already lost
concordtom
The mom who played opposite Dick Van Dike in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, aged 91, has died.
concordtom
Robbie Roper, a 6'4" hs senior QB from Georgia has died following shoulder surgery due to anesthesia complications which landed him on life support - has died age 18.
Was being recruited by middling programs.
concordtom
And I see I clicked on the wrong thread title for these entries. Ooops.
Unit2Sucks
This is all fine. Totally normal stuff not at all fascist.

smh
> Totally normal stuff not at all fascist.

some of us would benefit from and appreciate gifting a '/s' sarcasm tell
# nokidding / simple simon seniors R us
muting ~250 handles, turnaround is fair play
SFCityBear
Unit2Sucks said:

For Bearister:

"Trump staffers sought refuge on second floor of White House as former president never climbed stairs"

Quote:

Trump administration staffers sought refuge on the second floor of White House as the former president never climbed stairs, a new book claims.

The former president's aides, such as Kellyanne Conway and Stephen Miller, chose to work out of a second-floor office to ensure separation from their boss, according to Michael Wolff.

Wolff writes in the forthcoming Landslide: The Final Days of the Trump Presidency that it "meant a degree of exclusion but also protection" as "Trump would never climb the stairs (and, by the end of his term, he never had)".

It is not the first time that the White House stairs have been discussed as an issue for the one-term president.

In January 2017 The Washington Post predicted that it was unlikely Mr Trump would ever go to that area of the executive mansion.

"Though Conway took over the workspace previously occupied by Valerie Jarrett, who had been Obama's closest adviser, the confidant dismissively predicted that Trump would rarely climb a flight of stairs," wrote the newspaper.

Probably very wise for any President or Presidential candidate, who is also a senior citizen, to avoid climbing stairs, especially in public. Stairs can be useful, but they are also fraught with peril. Joe Biden and Hillary Clinton, at least, could tell you that. It is just not a good look.
SFCityBear
Unit2Sucks
SFCityBear said:

Unit2Sucks said:

For Bearister:

Quote:

Probably very wise for any President or Presidential candidate, who is also a senior citizen, to avoid climbing stairs, especially in public. Stairs can be useful, but they are also fraught with peril. Joe Biden and Hillary Clinton, at least, could tell you that. It is just not a good look.

Probably also wise for staffers to stay away from a toxic President hated by everyone who knows him. Being one flight of stairs away is as good as being in Timbuktu.
Unit2Sucks
He really drained the swamp. Where are all the Republicans who clutching pearls over Hunter Biden's foreign entanglements?

First Page
Page 134 of 135

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.