White House has settled in

678,305 Views | 4703 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by cbbass1
Unit2Sucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does anyone really doubt in their heart of hearts what this guy is saying? He's a republican who Trump appointed, and remember - Trump's got the best people.

bearister
Retrograde White men afraid of losing power*do not care what tRump does as long as he pushes their agenda. The ones that lack the courage to own that (99.9% of them) simply deny the truth of all accusations.

*With all due props to Maureen Dowd
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Unit2Sucks
Can't wait to see Trump's response to this. Is Melania part of the deep state or just another RINO?

Let's hear the tape.
AunBear89
Unit2Sucks said:

Can't wait to see Trump's response to this. Is Melania part of the deep state or just another RINO?

Let's hear the tape.

"She's just a disgruntled employee. I don't think I've even met her. Maybe she brought me coffee once."
bearister
The Trump economic record vs. his campaign promises - Axios

https://www.axios.com/trump-economic-promises-e414863a-dddd-4bd9-837a-08f95a5876f3.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter_axiosam&stream=top
bearister
Unit2Sucks
With feckless, craven senators who endorse corruption, why would we expect anything differently from the ruling party?

AunBear89
Unit2Sucks said:

With feckless, craven senators who endorse corruption, why would we expect anything differently from the ruling party?

But GoldenOnenote told me that Mango Mussolini had drained the swamp...
bearister
Non-Americans On Reddit Are Sharing Their Reactions To Everything Going On In America Right Now, And It's Eye-Opening

https://apple.news/AAzL_ht9QQVW3rrKRGeubkw
chazzed
Another month, another void in terms of a Trump healthcare reform plan:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-healthcare-reform-plan-is-coming-last-month-153720546.html
Eastern Oregon Bear
Unit2Sucks said:

That wouldn't surprise me if it's a violation of the Hatch Act but I'd be surprised if any charges were filed.

Federal Employee Prohibited Political Activities
Unit2Sucks
In his last minute desperation to capitalize on the schaudemfreude of his deplorable base, Trump is leaning hard into the tyranny of the minority.

He's got an executive order to withhold funding from "anarchist" cities, whatever that means.

He's cutting short census efforts because it's expected to hurt blue states.

His campaign is fighting voting laws all over the country where his team thinks it will help suppress democrat votes.

He's weaponized the DOJ with Barr and planning to send federal law enforcement to the polls in blue districts to intimidate voters.

At least we can count on Biden to act responsibly for the whole country but some of these wrongs will be difficult to right. I don't know what can be done to fix a faulty census for example. It's a shame that so many people support these sorts of anti-democratic measures that they believe help them in the short term.
Unit2Sucks
Sounds about right.

Unit2Sucks
OMG Trump is so dumb. If he's volunteering this information to Woodward, what sort of intel is Putin getting out of him?

BancroftBear93
It's good to see that Unit2 still sucks. I never doubted it, but it's still good to see. Some permanence is necessary.
Unit2Sucks
This is definitely something a stable genius would say.

bearister
tRump's own Treasury Dept. digs up a little Rudy/Russkie taint.

US accuses Giuliani ally of being a Russian spy and sanctions him for involvement in election meddling - CNNPolitics

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/10/politics/treasury-sanctions-derkach-ukraine-election-interference/index.html
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/09/10/politics/treasury-sanctions-derkach-ukraine-election-interference/index.html
chazzed
More misleading information from Trump and co., this time compliments of those (only the best!) in charge of his re-election campaign:
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-ad-touting-great-american-comeback-features-foreign/story?id=72902748
B.A. Bearacus

Unit2Sucks
bearister said:

tRump's own Treasury Dept. digs up a little Rudy/Russkie taint.

US accuses Giuliani ally of being a Russian spy and sanctions him for involvement in election meddling - CNNPolitics

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/10/politics/treasury-sanctions-derkach-ukraine-election-interference/index.html
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/09/10/politics/treasury-sanctions-derkach-ukraine-election-interference/index.html

It's no surprise that this dropped in the middle of two other scandals. Not only was this guy a main proponent of the make believe Biden/Ukraine scandal but he was coordinating with Rudy (45's personal lawyer) as well as OANN. On the one hand you have Trump and his cronies continuing to assert that Obama spied on his campaign (before the election) and tried to orchestrate a coup (after the election when he had no power whatsoever) and on the other hand you have this. I look forward to all of those principled conservatives coming forward and acknowledging this story.

And by the way, don't take our word for it, read Mnuchin's press release.

Quote:

Washington Today, the Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) designated four Russia-linked individuals for attempting to influence the U.S. electoral process. Russia uses a variety of proxies to attempt to sow discord between political parties and drive internal divisions to influence voters as part of Moscow's broader efforts to undermine democratic countries and institutions. In the United States, Russia has used a wide range of influence methods and actors to target our electoral process, including targeting U.S. presidential candidates.

Treasury designated Andrii Derkach (Derkach) pursuant to Executive Order (E.O.) 13848 for his efforts to influence the 2020 U.S. presidential election. Derkach, a Member of the Ukrainian Parliament, has been an active Russian agent for over a decade, maintaining close connections with the Russian Intelligence Services. Derkach has directly or indirectly engaged in, sponsored, concealed, or otherwise been complicit in foreign interference in an attempt to undermine the upcoming 2020 U.S. presidential election.

Derkach's Election Influence Efforts
From at least late 2019 through mid-2020, Derkach waged a covert influence campaign centered on cultivating false and unsubstantiated narratives concerning U.S. officials in the upcoming 2020 Presidential Election, spurring corruption investigations in both Ukraine and the United States designed to culminate prior to election day. Derkach's unsubstantiated narratives were pushed in Western media through coverage of press conferences and other news events, including interviews and statements.

Between May and July 2020, Derkach released edited audio tapes and other unsupported information with the intent to discredit U.S. officials, and he levied unsubstantiated allegations against U.S. and international political figures. Derkach almost certainly targeted the U.S. voting populace, prominent U.S. persons, and members of the U.S. government, based on his reliance on U.S. platforms, English-language documents and videos, and pro-Russian lobbyists in the United States used to propagate his claims.

The usual suspects here won't click on the links, won't read the quotes, won't examine any evidence and will claim, as they always have, that Joe Biden is the real criminal. Meanwhile, despite Trump's attempts to the contrary, yet another of Putin's bad actors is caught doing Trump's dirty work. I'm just amazed that Mnuchin let this happen.
bearister
Nora Dannehy, Connecticut prosecutor who was top aide to John Durham's Trump-Russia investigation, resigns amid concern about pressure from Attorney General William Barr - Hartford Courant

https://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-news-john-durham-dannehy-resignation-20200911-20200911-xcsapnq7g5e63kvtw5aqi7cv34-story.html
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-news-john-durham-dannehy-resignation-20200911-20200911-xcsapnq7g5e63kvtw5aqi7cv34-story.html%3foutputType=amp

*I envision a day when Billy Barr Sinister gets disbarred
GoOskie
bearister said:

Nora Dannehy, Connecticut prosecutor who was top aide to John Durham's Trump-Russia investigation, resigns amid concern about pressure from Attorney General William Barr - Hartford Courant

https://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-news-john-durham-dannehy-resignation-20200911-20200911-xcsapnq7g5e63kvtw5aqi7cv34-story.html
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-news-john-durham-dannehy-resignation-20200911-20200911-xcsapnq7g5e63kvtw5aqi7cv34-story.html%3foutputType=amp

*I envision a day when Billy Barr Sinister gets disbarred
That fat f#ck needs to be waterboarded.
This just in: Republicans find another whistleblower who claims Hillary's emails were proven to be on Hunter's laptop while Obama spied on tRump as he sat (shat?) upon his golden toilet. Gym Jordan afraid whistle blower may be in danger of abduction by aliens in cahoots with Democrats.
bearister
2020:

2021:

sonofabear51
We can only hope.
Unit2Sucks
I've often talked about Trump's contempt for the evangelicals he pretends to love, but have never had reporting I could look to. Until today. It's not as well-sourced or detailed as I would prefer, but it's just the tip of the iceberg. In time I'm sure we will hear more and more about how he really feels about religious people and you have to be pretty naive to think they are the one group of people who he truly respects.

From the Atlantic:

Quote:

"They're all hustlers," Trump said.

The president's alliance with religious conservatives has long been premised on the contention that he takes them seriously, while Democrats hold them in disdain. In speeches and interviews, Trump routinely lavishes praise on conservative Christians, casting himself as their champion. "My administration will never stop fighting for Americans of faith," he declared at a rally for evangelicals earlier this year. It's a message his campaign will seek to amplify in the coming weeks as Republicans work to confirm Amy Coney Barretta devout, conservative Catholicto the Supreme Court.

But in private, many of Trump's comments about religion are marked by cynicism and contempt, according to people who have worked for him. Former aides told me they've heard Trump ridicule conservative religious leaders, dismiss various faith groups with cartoonish stereotypes, and deride certain rites and doctrines held sacred by many of the Americans who constitute his base.

Unit2Sucks
More bad faith governing from someone hell-bent on destroying our government.

Quote:

'Stunning' Executive Order Would Politicize Civil Service

President Trump signs directive that would potentially pull thousands of federal employees in "policy-making" positions out of the competitive service, making them at-will employees.

President Trump on Wednesday signed an executive order creating a new classification of "policy-making" federal employees that could strip swaths of the federal workforce of civil service protections just before the next president is sworn into office.

The order would create a new Schedule F within the excepted service of the federal government, to be composed of "employees in confidential, policy-determining, policy-making, or policy-advocating positions," and instructs agency heads to determine which current employees fit this definition and move themwhether they are members of the competitive service or other schedules within the excepted serviceinto this new classification. Federal regulations stating that employees hired into the competitive service retain that status even if their position is moved to the excepted service will not apply to Schedule F transfers.

Unit2Sucks
More Trump criminality.

Biden by comparison:

bearister
tRump has committed as many crimes as the Beatles wrote good songs. In both cases it is difficult to pick your favorite.
B.A. Bearacus
Concise recap of Off Topic during this presidency:

B.A. Bearacus
Medhi Hasan recaps this forum in two minutes.

BearForce2
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
AunBear89
BearForce2 said:

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
B.A. Bearacus
Good with.

chazzed
Official who once called Obama a 'terrorist leader' takes over Pentagon policy:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/10/pentagon-top-policy-official-resigns-435693
B.A. Bearacus
Saying goodbye to the most important BI threads of the Trump era. Here is the 9-minute nightmare that hanky1, BF2, BearlyAmazing, htp1, kelly09, Golden One, etc will have sometime this week, and which they will immediately forget upon waking up.

First Page Last Page
Page 133 of 135

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.