White House has settled in

678,146 Views | 4703 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by cbbass1
BearNIt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tilerson is out and Pompeo is in with Gina Haspel as the new CIA Chief. The list of people that have left grows longer.
BearChemist
BearNIt said:

Tilerson is out and Pompeo is in with Gina Haspel as the new CIA Chief. The list of people that have left grows longer.
The list of Cleveland Browns' QBs
bearister
Even the Little Dutch Boy couldn't plug all the holes springing in this dike. I hope Tillerson goes to the military and the FBI and convinces them to seize the Mad King now. It is like we are watching a reality TV show in real time about the destruction of the Republic.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
BearDevil
BearChemist said:

BearNIt said:

The list of Cleveland Browns' QBs

Spinal Tap drummers. Pretty sure Ben Carson will spontaneously combust eventually.
Unit2Sucks
dajo9 said:

Tillerson, who got the Russian Order of Friendship medal from Putin, was too hard on Russia for Trump's liking

Pompeo is fairly anti-Putin isn't he? I guess we will see how long that lasts.

Rex was more or less an unmitigated disaster. He caused serious long-term damage to our state department and or international diplomacy efforts. Of course Trump was a huge part of that but Rex went along like a puppy which given his name isn't so surprising I guess.

Trump won't be done firing until everyone in his cabinet is an opinion-less yes man.

Also love that Trump didn't even have the decency to tell Rex he was fired. Entirely consistent with what his biographers have said of him talking tough but being afraid of actual conflict and never having the guts to fire someone in person.
Anarchistbear
Exxon out, neocon and torture trending up
Another Bear
The one good thing I heard about Tillerson (and Kelly) is Dotard had to yield to their military knowledge and stern bearing. I heard from a friend in DC, they actually help keep Trump from touching the third rail...or did.

Seriously, what a cluster f v c k...complete and utter incompetence, plus chaos.

B.A. Bearacus
dajo9
B.A. Bearacus said:

These reporters who have to maintain access to do their jobs are nearly useless. For every interesting bit they give you they also have to provide some sycophancy
American Vermin
B.A. Bearacus
I hear what you're saying, dajo. I just feel Haberman may have at least gotten a little of her street cred back when Trump called her a "Hillary Flunkie" and who "knows nothing about me and is not given access." But yes, I realize that the very few outside of Fox who have access to Trump play the hand that allows them to continue to get access.
Unit2Sucks
Just chatting with my wife briefly about Rex being fired. She said he seemed kinda reasonable and that she didn't hate him that much, so she wasn't surprised he was fired. I responded that he was arguably the worst Secretary of State in history and may have done significant irreparable damage to the State Department and our international standing, but that he still might be above average for Trump's cabinet.

So, yeah, that's where we are in year two of the Trump regime. Slightly disappointed that the worst official in the history of his position is fired because his replacement might actually be worse.
B.A. Bearacus
Trump thinks he's this guy:

But he's really this guy:
okaydo
dajo9 said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

These reporters who have to maintain access to do their jobs are nearly useless. For every interesting bit they give you they also have to provide some sycophancy

A few weeks ago, Haberman said on Twitter Hope Hicks' exit had been planned for months, and she was ticked off at anybody who said otherwise.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2017/04/how_the_new_york_times_maggie_haberman_woos_donald_trump.html

okaydo

B.A. Bearacus
Trying to keep the ex-wives straight. Marla is the one who didn't accuse Trump of raping her -- that's Ivana.
BearChemist
Trump is reportedly considering replace VA secretary with Rick Perry. Though isn't it a demotion from Energy to VA? The new round of music chair begins.
bearister
B.A. Bearacus said:

Trying to keep the ex-wives straight. Marla is the one who didn't accuse Trump of raping her -- that's Ivana.

He pulled a big ole clump of her hair out too so she could feel his post scalp surgery pain.
bearister
Before he is impeached and then arrested on a treason charge the Mad King will clean up the Don, Jr. problem himself from tRump Tower:

bearister

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Trump_administration_controversies
B.A. Bearacus
Our Liar in Chief:
bearister
Medical science is getting closer to understanding tRump's behavior:

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2018/mar/15/doctors-stunned-to-find-huge-air-pocket-where-part-of-mans-brain-should-be?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
Another Bear
Donald Trump Jr.'s wife once called the president the r-word after he introduced them twice in one night

Then I think she realized she was married to the son...and it gets passed along.
okaydo
B.A. Bearacus
bearister
Barron is very lucky that he is the only tRump offspring whose mother's DNA totally b*tched slapped the DNA of his father. He probably also has a chance not to be a moron.
Another Bear
Jesus Christ...talk about slack jaw yokels and dimwits.

The usual signs of good genes and parenting include the kids turn out BETTER and brighter than the parents. Didn't happen in this case.
bearister

How much do you want to wager that the Munchkin Man begged his wife on one of those expensive flights if he could join her as a fellow member of The Mile High Club.
iwantwinners
okaydo said:

Dibs on Vanessa
bearister
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/mar/16/trump-cabinet-rich-men-carson-mnuchin?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
Anarchistbear
McMaster next. Maybe Kelly too. Good riddance. Season 1 ends with cliffhanger.
sycasey
Anarchistbear said:

It's like Game of Thrones. Gotta kill off a bunch of characters every once in a while.
BearChemist
James Mattis is linked to a massive corporate fraud and nobody wants to talk about it

He is one of the most prominent advocates for Theranos, but also the last person who can stop a nuclear war?
dajo9
BearChemist said:

James Mattis is linked to a massive corporate fraud and nobody wants to talk about it

He is one of the most prominent advocates for Theranos, but also the last person who can stop a nuclear war?
So, you are saying a Trump cabinet member has prior experience working for a con man?
American Vermin
BearChemist
dajo9 said:

BearChemist said:

So, you are saying a Trump cabinet member has prior experience working for a con man?
A Furdie con woman, to be exact.
blungld
Anarchistbear said:

I think Kelly was the babysitter. If he's gone the mad king might do something really scary. I'm not so sure this is good riddance.
First Page Last Page
Page 18 of 135

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.