White House has settled in

678,105 Views | 4703 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by cbbass1
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NYCGOBEARS said:

Everyone in Trump's universe gets burned sooner or later. Turns out bad karma has an orange combover.

If you lay down with a dog you get up with fleas.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Another Bear
Ex-doctor says Trump dictated letter claiming he would be 'healthiest' president ever

Quote:

"His physical strength and stamina are extraordinary," read the letter, which Bornstein had initially said he wrote himself. "If elected, Mr. Trump, I can state unequivocally, will be the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency."

Bornstein now says that Trump had dictated the language as the doctor and his wife drove across Central Park.

Peanut Gallery Consultant
NYCGOBEARS
You can't deny that it sounds just like him.
Another Bear
Seriously, no one talks that way in a reference or verification letter or real life...except a malignant narcissist full of ****.
Unit2Sucks
Another Bear said:

Seriously, no one talks that way in a reference or verification letter or real life...except a malignant narcissist full of ****.

The sad thing is that it was a 100% accurate representation of what the Dotard actually thinks. His poor judgment and lack of self-awareness would be funny if he were just a crappy real estate developer but it's scary from a POTUS.
NYCGOBEARS
We have a malicious, greedy, narcissistic, compulsive lying, megalomaniacal Chauncey Gardiner as POTUS.
mikecohen
bearister said:

mikecohen said:

....but I've seen too many comedians play the audience like fiddles..

I don't know what's more terrifying, this or Travis Bickle
mikecohen
Another Bear said:

mikecohen said:

Another Bear said:

That's good stuff from NPR and Chappelle. I didn't know who she was before but she pulled it off. She made the best of the opportunity. She made a name for herself in a no-win situation. That eye-liner line was well crafted and clever.

There is a difference in how the audience works in music, comedy and other live performance. That seems a fair take on comedy. You play through no matter what. And I think they train for it. They have, don't have a choice.

In music, you know if and when you have the audience. The audience can be a big part of the whole experience, changes everything. There seems to be an energy exchange, if not equal or measurable than still perceivable. There's a buzz and a vibe. In some genres that's the whole point, the audience. In stand-up comedy it's more, "okay entertain me, make me laugh funny person". Also you're up there alone.

Your distinction is tempting; but I've seen too many comedians play the audience like fiddles; and, to the degree that the audience is totally hostile to the truth you are saying, I think that the honorable play is get them really riled up to the point of riot. Maybe she just didn't have enough time to do that.

The guys who slay an audience, play them like a fiddle, like Dave Chappelle are the exception, or the pinnacle. Much like how the best musicians make it look super easy. If you want to see the flip side of that, see an open mic night. Seems to me it's like public speaking but on steroids. For music, even a decent garage band can hit a groove and pull people in. Music has the ability to get past reservations or bias. Words in oratory have a more difficult time if the audience isn't into it.

I think the description of the audience and the room says the most. One of the comics (Kimmel?) says WHCD is a no-win situation given the format, room and audience. It's not an ideal location as noted by MW. It's a large open event room with round tables, people are eating dinner and there are cameras for reaction shots, so people chill. not ideal for stand-up.

Just because the discussion is interesting: IMHO: President Obama killed it there.
BearDevil
Dem base is chomping at the bit to impeach Trump, but they won't have enough GOP votes in the Senate to convict. Crappy for the country to have Trump in office, but better for Dems to let him twist in the wind.

Doubt he runs again and Pence is general election roadkill. Hyper ambitious, but a spineless weasel. Makes Ryan and McConnell look principled. Pence praised Joe Arpaio yesterday in AZ. Trump's party doesn't get that the only way the GOP loses in AL, AZ, and WV is by nominating Moore, Arpaio, and Don Blankenship.

Pence is all in for 2020, but he's too closely aligned with Trump for a general election victory. Haley's smarter and more shrewd, but can't win the nomination.
Another Bear
Michelle Wolf tagged Pence and I think it's going to stick: "Mike Pence is what happens when Anderson Cooper isn't gay". That has to peeve his base and makes the rest of the GOP cringe.
B.A. Bearacus
Fox News' Neil Cavuto:

How does Cavuto rank in the hierarchy of Fox voices with Hannity on top and Shep on the bottom?
bearister
B.A. Bearacus said:

...How does Cavuto rank in the hierarchy of Fox voices with Hannity on top and Shep on the bottom?

He taint.
B.A. Bearacus
bearister said:

He taint.
BearDevil
Sean Spicer was the recent MC for the unveiling of wax figures of Trump and Melania at Madam Trussard's in Time Square. Has beens like Rudy and Newt have no other options or future, so they're all in on Trump.

The Huckabees are hillbilly con artists posing as pious Christians. They will crash and burn hard just like Palin, Bachmann, Duck Dynasty, and the Duggars.

Nikki Haley is the only Trump associate who still has a future in public life.
bearister
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/may/04/trump-unqualified-men-rudy-giuliani?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
Another Bear
bearister said:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/may/04/trump-unqualified-men-rudy-giuliani?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
Leave it to the land of Billy Shakes to think this stuff up, CUK: combines cum and fv ck, to get CUK.

Quote:

In the case of Donald Trump, the company he keeps is surprisingly consistent: a singular type with a shared set of character traits. They are, to a man, cocky, unqualified and kooky. You might call this the CUK theory of the Trump presidency, in honor of one of their archetypes: Steve Bannon.

All the president's men at least, the CUKs are a constant presence, in spite of the huge turnover among them. There was Bannon, now there's Bolton. There was Scaramucci, now there's Giuliani. It matters not. Trump cycles through his CUKs happily and frequently because he needs to keep one or more close through all his volatility.

Unit2Sucks
Another Bear said:

bearister said:

Leave it to the land of Billy Shakes to think this stuff up, CUK: combines cum and fv ck, to get CUK.

I am fairly certain he is making reference to the "cuckservative" term (frequently abbreviated "cuck") that has been all the rage in the alt-white community the last few years.
bearister
Another Bear said:

Ex-doctor says Trump dictated letter claiming he would be 'healthiest' president ever

Quote:

"His physical strength and stamina are extraordinary," read the letter, which Bornstein had initially said he wrote himself. "If elected, Mr. Trump, I can state unequivocally, will be the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency."

Bornstein now says that Trump had dictated the language as the doctor and his wife drove across Central Park.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2018/05/trump-doctor-harold-bornstein-interview-baldness-propecia-kimmel
B.A. Bearacus
B.A. Bearacus
Sounds like NY's AG is toast. Let's all read this article written by a previous Off Topic "Most Interesting Person of the Day":

bearister
Ronan Farrow, Dragon Slayer.

B.A. Bearacus
Bearister, yours was the 1000th post in this thread. Nice one.
bearister
1002:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/may/07/melania-trump-plagiarism-row-be-best-campaign?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
B.A. Bearacus
Schneiderman has resigned (Guardian)

These two are breaking out the champagne on Twitter:

Trump Jr:

- "Self awareness level: 0. Or substantially less than that."

- "That was fast. I figured he would hold out for a solid 6 or 7 hours."

Kellyanne Conway:

- "Allegations are harrowing. Violence against women. Drunk with power. It's so tough to read you must."

- "Gotcha."

BearNIt
Trump aids hired an Israeli firm to dig up dirt on former Obama officials involved with Iranian Nuclear deal. This is sounding very Nixonian. I wonder if Mueller can investigate these allegations. *** is going on in the WH?

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/05/israeli-spy-firm-targeted-journalists-iran-weapons-deal
Anarchistbear
Considering our foreign policy originates in Jerusalem it's perfectly logical.
Another Bear
O'Reilly says he offered to stand by Sarah Huckabee-Sanders during White House press briefings

Jesus Christ...you can't make this **** up.
sonofabear51
No, you can't. Disgusting.
bearister
Another Bear said:

O'Reilly says he offered to stand by Sarah Huckabee-Sanders during White House press briefings

Jesus Christ...you can't make this **** up.

My guess is Bill O is quite formidable slapping and choking a woman but against an able bodied man, not so much.
If I was with the WH press corps I would pose the troll question of the year to SHS and when Bill O went into his move I would ground'em and windmill pound'em.
B.A. Bearacus
bearister said:

Ronan Farrow, Dragon Slayer.
Now we just need Farrow to pen a brilliant expose of Trump that causes him to resign. Of the possible names of this future New Yorker article, "The Manchurian Candidate" is not one of them. Long story.
B.A. Bearacus
Anarchistbear
They got some kinky politicians in the Empire State- Trump, Schneiderman, Weiner, Spitzer. I blame the wives.
bearister
Lads, I think we are under attack by a Russian troll farm because of our anti tRumpian comments. Between the bogus thread titles and the site timing out and reloading while you are in the middle of penning a Resistance comment, I think we are getting a dose of the ole Russkie two step!
okaydo

Another Bear
Something must be in the NY water because that's more than a coincidence or there's a secret part of NY Bar about kink and perversion.
First Page Last Page
Page 29 of 135

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.