White House has settled in

678,119 Views | 4703 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by cbbass1
B.A. Bearacus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Happy Easter from the last first family that we were all proud of and that didn't hate dogs.

bearister
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
B.A. Bearacus
bearister said:

Looks like the sign language interpreter is interpreting very low just in case the current president goes in for an unsolicited vaginal grab of someone's daughter.
concordtom

Trump made a slight boo boo in his tweet, which stood uncorrected for about 25 minutes.
concordtom
B.A. Bearacus said:

bearister said:

Looks like the sign language interpreter is interpreting very low just in case the current president goes in for an unsolicited vaginal grab of someone's daughter.
The girls have all been taught how to be cock-blockers.
Too bad they all married pr!cks.
concordtom
Yogi Bear said:

oski003 said:

Yogi Bear said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

Yeah, let's just not tax any individuals because we can't close the loop holes that corporations use and haven't been able to do so no matter who is president!

Better yet, let's not fix anything that costs money!

WooHoo! Free money! We're going to Sizzler! We're going to Sizzler!

Who are you talking to?
Stop computer competency signalling
Just because you are being tribal, you don't have to mock my computer competency. The post I was responding to was two posts above mine. If you cared, you would have realized that.
I do have to mock your competency because it's one of a great many things that your tribe stinks at. If you cared, you'd learn how to use the quote function.
Hey, to be fair, we all make mistakes.
But it takes a special kind of person to type out that 138 million Sri Lankans had died. Like, he actually typed "millions" and died in the same sentence. And didn't notice that? Didn't freak out at that? How does that happen?

It's so wonderful we have a president who also serves as a breaking news agency all by himself.
B.A. Bearacus
concordtom said:

Trump made a slight boo boo in his tweet, which stood uncorrected for about 25 minutes.
DT got excited that Christians were killed (great tweet content for his base and Mueller deflection) and just couldn't contain his overzealous little fingers.
blungld
"DT got excited that Christians were killed..."

That is the sad truth. He sees everything through the lens of self-interest. I think he lacks all empathy and may be a sociopath.
Unit2Sucks
He probably heard 138 on Fox News in passing during his golf round and let's be honest - he's not smart enough to know that 138 million is obviously off by many orders of magnitude. Spelling million "millin" is a typo. Failing to realize that there were not 138 million killed is to lack all common sense.
B.A. Bearacus
Things a child king says:

blungld
Thought experiment. Let's say you moved to America today. You knew nothing about Trump or the investigation and you had no political party (were not a tribe member). So in a total objective vacuum, what would you think of Trump? What would you think of him just on the basis of today forward?

I think that any member of this board who was being honest would say they would be mystified almost immediately, disgusted in a day or two, and thinking this person should not be in charge of the country within a week.

So why in the world do so many keep defending his past, and worse, are wanting to find out what he is capable of doing in his angry, vengeful state the next 2-6 years? You really think things are going to get better? He is going to become MORE lawful? More of a unifier? And suddenly want to put an end to any nepotism, lying, profiteering, misinformation campaigns, attacking fellow Americans, and put an abrupt end to foreign interference by Russians/Saudis...?

Is the obsession with pushback all about vindicating the past, or are you really thinking that the future is best served with more of what we've seen?

If you took not wanting Democrats to "win" out of the equation, I believe that less than 10% of Americans would think that Trump is the best man to lead our country from this day forward (and that most of those people in their heart know he is guilty and doesn't deserve the chance to prove that sentiment right or wrong). So what are we all doing letting this go on any longer?

In Cal terms, we are way way past the it's time to fire Holmoe stage.
GBear4Life
You keep trying to validate your own personal and political disgust with another human being in light of the reality that millions don't share your feelings and trauma.
chazzed
I would like to give such people the benefit of the doubt with regard to your less-than-10% estimate, but I just can't do that in the current landscape. To me, the M.O. of current Republicans is simple: put on your blinders and follow the lead (including intelligent educated ones, as displayed in this forum)... even when the person setting the pace of the party is a disgrace to our species. Such people are so weak-willed, evidently, that I would have little faith in them even in the context that you have imagined.

So very fortunately, however, the writing is on the wall. If the party does not change its ways (and if patriots are able to check the Republicans' vote-suppressing ways), it will be the Democrats in charge for a looong time. I've never been more on the side of the Democratic party as I am right now. It's gloves-off, no-compromise time as far as I'm concerned, and should remain that way until Republican leaders start coming up with ideas to move the country forward.

Edit (third time is a charm):
May more people like this step up and prove me wrong: https://www.yahoo.com/news/republican-lawmaker-in-iowa-bolts-party-over-disapproval-with-trump-181958913.html
blungld
GBear4Life said:

You keep trying to validate your own personal and political disgust with another human being in light of the reality that millions don't share your feelings and trauma.
How about I do me and you do you?

You use "validate" as though that were a negative term and as though every person on these boards is not positing an opinion to hear agreement (I don't think this means validation they way you used it) and illuminating dissent (rather than insults or canned opposition).

My post was a new and unique question. If you didn't want to answer it, you had the option to ignore it. But making a cheap and unknowledgeable assessment of who I am or my motives as a way to dismiss the content of the post is kinda low.
Yogi58
blungld said:

So why in the world do so many keep defending his past, and worse, are wanting to find out what he is capable of doing in his angry, vengeful state the next 2-6 years?
Because in the United States, it IS tribal. Trump is only liked outside of the U.S. by our enemies.
Anarchistbear
Yogi Bear said:

blungld said:

So why in the world do so many keep defending his past, and worse, are wanting to find out what he is capable of doing in his angry, vengeful state the next 2-6 years?
Because in the United States, it IS tribal. Trump is only liked outside of the U.S. by our enemies.

Israel and Saudi Arabia
NYCGOBEARS
Anarchistbear said:

Yogi Bear said:

blungld said:

Israel and Saudi Arabia

Their politicians maybe but the average Israeli and Saudi know he's a clown.
NYCGOBEARS
Yogi Bear said:

blungld said:

We are way past policy debates. Most of Trump's supporters are voting purely on their perception of where they stand on the culture wars. That was the genius and ultimately will be the downfall of the GOP.
The question is, how much will they burn to the ground before they lose power?
bearister
GBear4Life said:

If history has shown us anything it is that something isn't acceptable just because millions of ignorant or evil people support it. Sometimes there is only one sane man pure of spirit.

Anarchistbear
NYCGOBEARS said:

Anarchistbear said:

Yogi Bear said:

blungld said:

Israel and Saudi Arabia

No, his popularity in Israel is over 65%. He even colluded in the recent election

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.haaretz.com/amp/israel-news/.premium-two-years-later-israelis-love-trump-more-than-almost-any-other-nation-poll-shows-1.6515377

GBear4Life
Oh, references to evil and Nazis. It's been a few days since that's been thrown about.
bearister
GBear4Life said:

Oh, references to evil and Nazis. It's been a few days since that's been thrown about.

He has done nothing approaching Hitler's wrong's but he admirers totalitarian rulers and he is checking some of the boxes of an authoritarian:

https://foreignpolicy.com/2017/07/27/top-10-signs-of-creeping-authoritarianism-revisited/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/harvard-political-science-professor-donald-trump-authoritarian-how-democracy-778425%3famp=1
bearister
There's a Bigger Prize Than Impeachment

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/22/opinion/theres-a-bigger-prize-than-impeachment.html

B.A. Bearacus
King Joffrey says bend thy knee!

GBear4Life
LOL. Imagine someone you like politically and personally ripping media like this. You'd love it lmao.

bearister
Anarchistbear said:

...No, his popularity in Israel is over 65%. He even colluded in the recent election...

"Let us conclude. The Israeli people are America's friends and have a right to peace and secure borders. We should help them secure these rights. As a nation, we have made a moral commitment, endorsed by half a dozen presidents, which Americans wish to honor, not to permit these people who have suffered much to see their country overrun and destroyed. And we must honor this commitment.

But U.S. and Israeli interests are not identical. They often collide, and when they do, U.S. interests must prevail."
Patrick J. Buchanan, 2003
bearister
Anarchistbear said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

Anarchistbear said:

Yogi Bear said:

blungld said:

Israel and Saudi Arabia

No, his popularity in Israel is over 65%. He even colluded in the recent election

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.haaretz.com/amp/israel-news/.premium-two-years-later-israelis-love-trump-more-than-almost-any-other-nation-poll-shows-1.6515377

Where Trump's and Bibi's Interests Clash

https://buchanan.org/blog/where-trumps-and-bibis-interests-clash-136842#more-136842
Yogi58
bearister said:

There's a Bigger Prize Than Impeachment

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/22/opinion/theres-a-bigger-prize-than-impeachment.html
If that article had been written in 1974, people probably would have bought it then too. Six years later, we had twelve consecutive years of a Republican presidency.

In 2000, we elected a Republican president again. Maybe it hurt the Republicans in the midterm elections in 1998, but it sure didn't end the Republican Party.

Once Trump is gone, those imbecilic white trash racists will still have the choice between voting Democrat and voting Republican and as always they will vote against their own interests and vote for the party that demonizes minorities for political gain to support the votes of the wealthy who are the only ones whose interests actually get served by the Republicans.
dajo9
Anarchistbear said:

Yogi Bear said:

blungld said:

Israel and Saudi Arabia

YogiBear would have been correct if she had said Trump was only liked outside by countries that don't support democracy
American Vermin
concordtom
bearister said:

GBear4Life said:

He has done nothing approaching Hitler's wrong's but he admirers totalitarian rulers and he is checking some of the boxes of an authoritarian:

https://foreignpolicy.com/2017/07/27/top-10-signs-of-creeping-authoritarianism-revisited/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/harvard-political-science-professor-donald-trump-authoritarian-how-democracy-778425%3famp=1

Trump portion halfway thru. He likes the violence to shut people up. There shall be no dissent. "Put 'em up against the wall."
concordtom
GBear4Life said:

LOL. Imagine someone you like politically and personally ripping media like this. You'd love it lmao.

If you're not terrified, you're not paying attention.

You can laugh all you like, but were they laughing in Germany in 1945 when they woke up to the reality of what they created? Okay, Krugman is way smarter than me - he gives a different example. Germany is so overplayed....
dajo9
This article by Krugman is a great article and something I completely agree with. It discusses the threat to our Republic that is Trumpism. It doesn't even get into the fact that the right wing Supreme Court (a 5-4 conservative majority established with 2 conservative justices appointed by a President who lost the popular vote and does not have the support of the people, and in particular 1 seat that was denied to a President who won the popular vote by a Senate majority that is inherently not based on popular support) is likely to solidify Republican gerrymandering, Republican executive disregard for a Democratic Congress, and shaping the Census in such a way that establishes more funding and representation for Republican communities. I've discussed in other threads how the FBI has already been purged of leadership that will challenge Trump and how the Attorney General is currently a lawyer for the President and not the country.

The Constitution builds in enormous protections for the minority. This only works when parties support the Constitution over partisanship. The Republican Party stopped doing that and now is working on entrenching permanent minority rule.

Our Republic is on the brink.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/22/opinion/trump-republican-party.html

American Vermin
blungld
dajo9 said:

This article by Krugman is a great article and something I completely agree with. It discusses the threat to our Republic that is Trumpism. It doesn't even get into the fact that the right wing Supreme Court (a 5-4 conservative majority established with 2 conservative justices appointed by a President who lost the popular vote and does not have the support of the people, and in particular 1 seat that was denied to a President who won the popular vote by a Senate majority that is inherently not based on popular support) is likely to solidify Republican gerrymandering, Republican executive disregard for a Democratic Congress, and shaping the Census in such a way that establishes more funding and representation for Republican communities. I've discussed in other threads how the FBI has already been purged of leadership that will challenge Trump and how the Attorney General is currently a lawyer for the President and not the country.

The Constitution builds in enormous protections for the minority. This only works when parties support the Constitution over partisanship. The Republican Party stopped doing that and now is working on entrenching permanent minority rule.

Our Republic is on the brink.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/22/opinion/trump-republican-party.html

Yep, the GOP win at all cost as opposed to govern by the will of the people is antithetical to the Constitution and the principles of this country.

It's sad to see intelligent conservatives on this board be okay with this and think that Liberals being dismayed by this corruption is simply being a sore loser or whining rather than wanting to protect America. They are so blinded by getting the policy they want that how it is achieved means nothing. Don't make a winning argument, just win even if that is by fear, lies, and political tricks.

They are unwilling to accept that living in a Democracy (Republic) means you don't always get what you want, but they think that abortion, homosexuals, getting rich, etc is so darn important that who cares about what is right even as they hold up righteousness as their justification for their win at all cost mentality.

And this right wing culture has gone so far that they laugh and take pleasure in ill gotten gains. They don't listen to the opposition or try and compromise or as I said make the winning argument, just actually laugh at the "losers" when they cheat and get away with it. It is sick.

It's exactly the mentality of USC/SEC that would gladly cheat to win the national championship. Who cares if it is later relinquished, they can't take away that we won the game. WooHoo! If you ain't cheating you ain't trying. I think these same people would be okay with Cal cheating to get to a Rose Bowl. It makes me so disgusted because that is exactly why I am a Cal fan, to try and win by doing it the right way.

blungld
GBear4Life said:

Imagine someone you like politically and personally ripping media like this. You'd love it...
You are not listening.

No, I/we would NOT like it. You seem to be unable to to get your mind around the fact that other people have a different value system. It's not made up. Or pretend. Or signaling. It's a totally different set of ethics than yours. Maybe it's neurological? Maybe it's upbringing? Maybe is cultural? Maybe it's arrived at by analysis or life experience? And/or maybe it is just a fundamental different set of core values and way of seeing the world.

We can talk about why we have different values or what is right, but you can't tell "us" what we believe or what we would do. We can tell YOU what we believe and what we would do. You can listen. And then we can talk about or differences. But you seem to often have an argument between your own opinion and the opinion you say others have.

So hear this: if a politician I liked behaved that way, they would no longer be a politician I liked.

That behavior is a display of character that is antithetical to my values. I chose my politicians by judging their policy and behavior and seeing if it aligns with my values (as I assume you do). Taken as a whole, my dislike of Trump is that he represents across the board in his actions and things he says the worst parts of humanity (through the lens of my values) and he is a direct threat to the parts of this country that I cherish the most.

My disdain has NOTHING to do with him simply being a Republican or being bitter about losing an election or a pre-decided antipathy. My opinion of him and this administration is COMPLETELY based on his actions as a leader which I see as corrupt, immoral, unAmerican, and dangerous to world security. He reenforces my conclusion almost every day and clearly has no intention of re-evaluating his behavior or changing. If anything he just going to go further.

You are entitled to disagree with my opinions. And entitled to discuss my opinions with me, and even present evidence to "inform" or dissuade me, but you have to take my opinion as real and valid or else there is nothing to talk about.
GBear4Life
Relax, guy. It was tongue-and-cheek.
First Page Last Page
Page 78 of 135

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.