White House has settled in

678,115 Views | 4703 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by cbbass1
blungld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearister said:

"A study published on Monday in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences [suggests that w]hite, Christian and male voters ... turned to Mr. Trump because they felt their status was at risk" and they felt "a growing sense of racial or global threat."
"The study is not the first to cast doubt on the prevailing economic anxiety theory." Axios

While purely anecdotal, when I speak to my friends who are Trump supporters the "successful white guy with a chip on his shoulder" comes through loud and clear. Rather than gratitude for their blessings or having humility or empathy or aspirations for others too, their attitude can pretty much be summed as "if someone else gets something, I lose" (they are taking it from me). In other words, they are not looking for greatness or fairness or voting FOR economic policy, they are voting AGAINST others having what they see as their entitled position economically and in society. I see nothing noble, ethical, or generous in their world view, and certainly nothing that affirms their talking points for why they allegedly support Trump.
Unit2Sucks
blungld said:

bearister said:

"A study published on Monday in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences [suggests that w]hite, Christian and male voters ... turned to Mr. Trump because they felt their status was at risk" and they felt "a growing sense of racial or global threat."
"The study is not the first to cast doubt on the prevailing economic anxiety theory." Axios

While purely anecdotal, when I speak to my friends who are Trump supporters the "successful white guy with a chip on his shoulder" comes through loud and clear.
This is probably because you don't know enough white losers living in your upper middle class bubble. There are plenty of "unsuccessful white guys with a chip on their shoulder" who are all in on Trump as well.
BearChemist
blungld said:

bearister said:

While purely anecdotal, when I speak to my friends who are Trump supporters the "successful white guy with a chip on his shoulder" comes through loud and clear. Rather than gratitude for their blessings or having humility or empathy or aspirations for others too, their attitude can pretty much be summed as "if someone else gets something, I lose" (they are taking it from me). In other words, they are not looking for greatness or fairness or voting FOR economic policy, they are voting AGAINST others having what they see as their entitled position economically and in society. I see nothing noble, ethical, or generous in their world view, and certainly nothing that affirms their talking points for why they allegedly support Trump.
You mean the "I want to be the winners always" mentality?
Another Bear

"That's a man baby!"

https://instagr.am/p/BhyrkVJhPRe
Peanut Gallery Consultant
Another Bear
Another Bear
mikecohen
bearister said:

As if status was unrelated to economic anxiety
bearister
blungld said:

....Rather than gratitude for their blessings or having humility or empathy or aspirations for others too, their attitude can pretty much be summed as "if someone else gets something, I lose" (they are taking it from me). ..

How did that philosophy work out for the Romanovs in that basement?
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
B.A. Bearacus
Watch this clip for five minutes starting from this point (9m40s). Listen to how shrill and unhinged our president sounds. This man is a fuucking disgrace.

Another Bear
The 53 most stunning lines from Donald Trump's 'Fox & Friends' interview

Quote:

1. "I better not get into that because I may get in trouble. Maybe I didn't get her so much."
Trump starts the interview noting that today is a special day because it is his wife's birthday. Annnnnnd, he didn't get her anything. Off to a great start!

2. You know, I'm very busy -- to be running out looking for presents, OK? But I got her a beautiful card and some beautiful flowers."
Yes, I often tell my wife I didn't get her a present for her birthday because I am "very busy." It goes over great!

3. "I'll tell you what, the people of France are just -- were spellbound by what happened with their great president who just left"
The entire nation of France was spellbound. Believe me. Many people are saying it.

4. "We really accomplished a lot. More than anybody knows. You'll be seeing what we accomplished."
Trump is talking about his meeting with French President Emmanuel Macron here. Also, he's using his tried and true TV/salesman pitch. "Just wait until you see what we've got planned in the next episode! You'll never guess what happens next!"

5. "All they do is scream 'Death to America, death to America.' And by the way, they're not screaming it so much anymore. They were screaming it with him."
So. Iran used to scream "Death to America." But they don't it anymore because Trump is president now. So, he's got that going for him. Which is nice.

6. "The Democrats are obstructionists. It's horrible what they're doing. They're not approving people."
Trump here is blaming Senate Democrats for Ronny Jackson's withdrawal. Of course, the reason Jackson was forced to withdraw was that Trump shouldn't have nominated him in the first place -- and certainly not without vetting him in any meaningful way.

7. "Jim Jordan, and Mark Meadows, and Matt Gaetz, and DeSantis, and so many -- Corey Lewandowski."
Four of these people are members of Congress. One is Corey Lewandowski.

8. "Diamond and Silk are warriors, by the way. How about Diamond and Silk?"
My file of "things I never thought I would hear a president say ever" is already WAY overstuffed.

9. "You know, we call him Doc Ronny, we call him Admiral Ronny."
Also, "The Candy Man." BOOM. Too soon?

10. "I want to tell you that Jon Tester -- I think this is going to cause him a lot of problems in his state."
Color me skeptical. Tester does have a tough re-election race in a state that Trump won by 20 points, But, he's not going to lose because he aired concerns -- passed on to him by whistleblowers -- about Trump's nominee for the VA.

Frankly the prez might be off his meds...and yet, he still has the nuke codes.

bearister
Admiral Ronny aka Dr. Feelgood, Jr.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Jacobson

tRump phone call to Admiral Ronny prior to press conference regarding results of his physical:

tRump: "Hey Lil R, Big P here. Results of my physical must be awesome!"

Ronny: "Well Mr. President, you weigh 297, your BP is 190/125; cholesterol is 410; resting pulse is 93; and I am fairly certain you are in late stages of congestive heart failure and the early stages of dementia."

tRump: "I have been wanting to talk to you about that shipment of Myers Rum, the Candy Man nickname, and that car crash."

Ronny: "I think the American people will be impressed at the press conference tomorrow, Sir."
bearister
Another Bear said:

"That's a man baby!"

tRump has bigger cans but she is better looking.
Another Bear
bearister said:

Another Bear said:

"That's a man baby!"

tRump has bigger cans but she is better looking.
OMG, you are correct. ***, man we're in trouble.
blungld
B.A. Bearacus said:

Watch this clip for five minutes starting from this point (9m40s). Listen to how shrill and unhinged our president sounds. This man is a fuucking disgrace.

All he has is name-calling and anger...and it is starting to hit even his most ardent supporters that what he says doesn't make any sense. And that those who he accuses of lying are more honest than he is. And that all those cute terms like "fake" are sounding more and more hollow and pathetic.

When does Congress step forward and do their job? Ever? Mueller's probe is not even complete and all the evidence of obstruction of justice and collusion is right there in plain site. He's done both and it's public record and only complete partisan filters blind people to this fact.

He is a criminal and a traitor who is destructive to our country and not one American of any intelligence or integrity should still want a man like him in office.
bearister
https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/04/26/opinions/trump-fox-news-interview-dantonio-intl/index.html

It is lucky this emotional trainwreck of a 10 year old didn't get drafted. His hysteria would have gotten his brothers in arms killed. At least the only damage he can do now is jeopardize the security of our nation, if not the world. Hopefully Mattis and Kelly have told those holding the levers of military power not to obey any of the Mad King's orders unless they sign off on them.
bearister
blungld said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

All he has is name-calling and anger...and it is starting to hit even his most ardent supporters that what he says doesn't make any sense. And that those who he accuses of lying are more honest than he is. And that all those cute terms like "fake" are sounding more and more hollow and pathetic.

When does Congress step forward and do their job? Ever? Mueller's probe is not even complete and all the evidence of obstruction of justice and collusion is right there in plain site. He's done both and it's public record and only complete partisan filters blind people to this fact.

He is a criminal and a traitor who is destructive to our country and not one American of any intelligence or integrity should still want a man like him in office.

I think his only out at this point is for the White House to claim it wasn't tRump that made the phone call but rather an impersonator from the Howard Stern Show goofing on Fox & Friends.
Unit2Sucks
He should probably just go with the Alex Jones defense that he's just playing a character. Probably closer to the truth than anything else he has ever said.

As we law-talking people like to say, "there is no there there".
B.A. Bearacus
NYU journalism professor, Jay Rosen:
bearister
Michelle Wolf at White House Correspondents' Dinner. ROME F@CKING TOTAL WAR, BABY!

okaydo
bearister said:

Michelle Wolf at White House Correspondents' Dinner. ROME F@CKING TOTAL WAR, BABY!

There were so many people outraged, particularly journalists and conservatives, that somebody could be that x-rated and that profane. That somebody could defy all those norms at a White House Correspondents Dinner.

okaydo
Oh, and she hit Trump where it hurts. She said Trump isn't rich.IT was a big deal.

I bet Trump responds. My next post will be Trump responding!
NYCGOBEARS
bearister said:

That was pretty funny.
bearister
okaydo said:

bearister said:

There were so many people outraged, particularly journalists and conservatives, that somebody could be that x-rated and that profane. That somebody could defy all those norms at a White House Correspondents Dinner.

Not one of these jokes were about Huckabee's looks other than her eyeliner. The Lock Her Up! Brigade is sure sensitive. Don't be a purveyor of lies and hate if you don't want to be called out on it:

"Every time Sarah steps up to the podium, I get excited," the comedian said. "I'm not really sure what we're going to get, you know? A press briefing, a bunch of lies or divided into softball teams. 'It's shirts and skins, and this time don't be such a little *****, Jim Acosta" a reference to a CNN correspondent who has clashed with Sanders.
Wolf continued: "I actually really like Sarah. I think she's very resourceful. But she burns facts and then she uses that ash to create a perfect smokey eye. Like maybe she's born with it, maybe it's lies. It's probably lies."
Sanders looked stony faced and there were both laughs and groans. But Wolf was not done: "I'm never really sure what to call Sarah Huckabee Sanders. Is it Sarah Sanders, is it Sarah Huckabee Sanders, is it Cousin Huckabee, is it Aunt Huckabee Sanders? What's Uncle Tom but for white women who disappoint other white women? Ah I Know, Aunt Coulter" referring to the rightwing pundit Ann Coulter.
Another Bear
The outrage over Michelle Wolf's set is weak sauce and a general GOP pity party. So she cursed a bit, it's not like the POTUS uses better language but I regress. What a bunch of losers. And let us not forget how a WHCD set should go, like this. MIchelle Wolf did fine and hit all the obvious targets...but this...this is how it's done.

Another Bear
Tree planted at White House by Trump and Macron appears to have vanished
Quote:

The tree was a gift presented by the French president as part of his state visit to Washington

The tree, an oak sapling from the site of a pivotal first world war battle involving the US marines, was a gift presented by the French president as part of his state visit to Washington.

More weird sh*Te going on at the WH. Dotard would have sent back the statue of liberty.
BearNIt
NYCGOBEARS said:

bearister said:

That was pretty funny.
What the hell are people complaining about? That was funny sh*t. If that was the worse that she said then Fox news and the journalist that complained need to get out more, maybe go to a comedy show once in a while or talk to some normal people.
Unit2Sucks
What sort of reaction did everyone expect from the right wing PC police? There are probably think tanks being paid right now to find a way to justify stripping away free speech rights from curly haired people.

I remember a time not so long ago when conservatives protected free speech and told liberals they needed to toughen up.
okaydo

sycasey
Unit2Sucks said:

I remember a time not so long ago when conservatives protected free speech and told liberals they needed to toughen up.

Yes, but that was only when conservatives wanted to troll Berkeley liberals, totally different free-speech rights there.
Anarchistbear
Actually the biggest snowflakes are in the White House corporate press. "A wife and mother being humiliated" LMAO, I hope so. Falling back on motherhood now! Mika is a ******.

"Andrea Mitchell, the NBC News correspondent, tweeted that an "apology is owed" to the press secretary. Her network colleague Mika Brzezinski wrote that "watching a wife and mother be humiliated on national television for her looks is deplorable."

Several reporters who cover the White House approached Ms. Sanders in the Hilton ballroom to express sympathy in the immediate aftermath of Ms. Wolf's monologue. Later, at a windswept after party hosted by NBC News, Ms. Sanders appeared in good spirits as reporters swarmed her. (She even took time to chastise one journalist for asking a question at a news conference that she disliked.)"
bearister
Please list numerically all the jokes about Huckabee's appearance other than eyeliner and the reference to Handmaid's Tale which was a comment on her nasty demeanor not her looks.

Those hypocritical liberal female journalists demanding an apology to Huckabee are boot lickers and make me puke as bad as the 60 who signed a petition in support of Brokaw when his own email makes admissions that put him in multiple situations with his accuser that a married man should not have been in.
dajo9
bearister said:

Please list numerically all the jokes about Huckabee's appearance other than eyeliner and the reference to Handmaid's Tale which was a comment on her nasty demeanor not her looks.

Those hypocritical liberal female journalists demanding an apology to Huckabee are boot lickers and make me puke as bad as the 60 who signed a petition in support of Brokaw when his own email makes admissions that put him in multiple situations with his accuser that a married man should not have been in.

The eyeliner was called perfect. The joke was about the lies. And they call this a liberal media. Lol.
American Vermin
Unit2Sucks
It's just a matter of time before Huckabee gets on the wrong side of Trump and gets the Rosie O'Donnell treatment. Apparently she has no problem working for a person who talks about women that way.

By the way I don't think Wolf crossed the line on appearance but Huckabee is the victim of a lot of comments about her appearance which I think are categorically unfair. They are unfair when Trump makes the comments about professionals he takes issue with and they are unfair when democrats (who aren't that progressive if they are appearance shaming) or conservatives (who apparently take no issue with it because well Trump and the anti-PC brigade).
okaydo

Another Bear
I wouldn't be surprised if the show provided the writer or material. It looks like text book roast stuff, parsing words to seem much meaner than stated. The HandMaid's Wife line is aimed at her being anti-woman in an anti-woman administration, not her looks. Same with the eye shadow, aimed at lying not looks.

It's interesting the conservatives and GOP take such umbrage.
First Page Last Page
Page 27 of 135

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.