White House has settled in

680,301 Views | 4703 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by cbbass1
oski003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Making a big deal out of a harmless painting does nothing to help your November cause (appealing to voters).
Another Bear

...AND the memes are in...

sycasey
Another Bear said:

...AND the memes are in...

Best one:

sycasey
oski003 said:

Making a big deal out of a harmless painting does nothing to help your November cause (appealing to voters).
Some things are just for fun.
bearister
Thomas Friedman on The Kingdom:

"The other was America's cynical bargain with the Saudis, which went like this: "Guys, just keep your oil pumps open, your prices low and don't bother the Israelis too much, and you can do whatever you want out back preach whatever hate you want in your mosques, print whatever conspiracy theories you want in your papers and treat your women however you want."

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/16/opinion/jamal-khashoggi-saudi-mohammed-bin-salman.html

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
B.A. Bearacus
Trump will, of course, fail America and humanity here. Wonder if Khashoggi was dismembered in any way while being tortured. Anyone think Trump cares?

Another Bear
For god sake, they have the tape.

Audio Offers Gruesome Details of Jamal Khashoggi Killing, Turkish Official Says
B.A. Bearacus
For those who don't read the NY Times and have to scroll too far down on FoxNews.com to read anything about this.

From the NYT:

ISTANBUL His killers were waiting when Jamal Khashoggi walked into the Saudi consulate in Istanbul two weeks ago. They severed his fingers and later beheaded and dismembered him, according to details from audio recordings described by a senior Turkish official on Wednesday...

A team of 15 Saudi agents, some with ties to Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, was waiting for Mr. Khashoggi inside the Saudi consulate the moment he arrived, at about 1:15 p.m. on Oct. 2.

After he was shown into the office of the Saudi consul, Mohammad al-Otaibi, the agents seized Mr. Khashoggi almost immediately and began to beat and torture him, eventually cutting off his fingers, the senior Turkish official said.

"Do this outside. You will put me in trouble," Mr. al-Otaibi told them, according to the Turkish official and a report in the Turkish newspaper Yeni Safak, both citing audio recordings said to have been obtained by Turkish intelligence.

"If you want to live when you come back to Arabia, shut up," one of the agents replied, according to both the official and the newspaper.

As they cut off Mr. Khashoggi's head and dismembered his body, a doctor of forensics who had been brought along for the dissection and disposal had some advice for the others, according to the senior Turkish official.

Listen to music, he told them, as he put on headphones himself. That was what he did to ease the tension when doing such work, the official said, describing the contents of the audio recording.

bearister
How do you know when a member of the Mushroom Dick Crime Family is lying? Their lips are moving:

https://apple.news/Ad1EQQBX8Qu6LcSwuJO70-w
B.A. Bearacus
Conservative news check. This is how far you would have to scroll down (well below a story about a photobombing ghost) on FoxNews.com to see any story involving Saudi Arabia:

oski003
That's how far you'd have to scroll on WaPo to see any story involving Saudi Arabia when Obama was president :/
B.A. Bearacus
oski003 said:

That's how far you'd have to scroll on WaPo to see any story involving Saudi Arabia when Obama was president :/
Anyways, glad FoxNews.com is helping keep you informed in a way that feels like being informed. A new story about a 500-mile pizza delivery just showed up in the top five stories appearing at the top of the site (joining ghost photobomber). Might I also suggest the National Enquirer?
Another Bear
B.A. Bearacus said:

Listening to THAT song while dismembering dead people would likely cause a mass murder rampage or a massive brain hemorrhage.
blungld
oski003 said:

For you (and the collective you of FOX news) to make any kind of glib whatabout comment when a man, a journalist who fought power for reasons of justice, is murdered in such a heinous way is for you to participate and exonerate. It shows how anesthetized to decency a whole group has become to defend their tribe and the Republican apparatus.

This isn't just another controversy or difference of opinion, this is straight organized crime and it is being covered up and blessed by the President and his administration. We must get out of the counterpunch mentality and just be appalled as we should be.

In just two years the damage done to the collective moral compass of Republicans is beyond shocking. Obama...Hillary...the Deep State...there is no straw man to excuse the abdication of morality and American values that excuses this. The responsibility for all of this is yours Republicans.
bearister
Maybe if we can get a Democrat in as POTUS we can get Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity to stop by the back room of Satriale's Pork Store.

oski003
At this moment, it is the second story on foxnews.com. Website news is constantly changing. The actual disappearance was first weeks ago. You can't expect it to be a front page story 100% of the time.

As for foxnews.com, nobody should use it as their only source of news. I personally use CNN, MSN (and its linked stories, which is a lot of WaPo and NYT), and Breitbart. I only use Breitbart for another perspective and do not agree with a lot of views on that site. The right-leaning Breitbart is balanced by the left-leaning Bear Insider!
bearister
B.A. Bearacus
https://www.leahy.senate.gov/press/101718khashoggistatement

Excerpt from above statement by Patrick Leahy:

"The case of Mr. Khashoggi illustrates once again not only the ruthlessness of the Saudi government. It highlights the threats posed to journalists around the world. Journalists are regularly targeted with harassment, threats, and assassination because they expose the corruption and other crimes of despotic governments. It also illustrates the corrosive threats to longstanding international norms and laws that are essential to diplomacy and global stability. Democracies cannot survive without a free press, which is why autocratic governments resort to arbitrary arrest, torture, and murder to silence the press. Yet President Trump has demonized the press, calling it "the enemy." He has belittled reporters who are guilty of nothing more than doing their jobs, calling any criticism of him "fake news." His attacks on the press are a threat to our democracy, and they have provided an excuse to the world's dictators like the Saudi royal family to crack down on the press.

Being a journalist is now one of the most dangerous jobs in the world, and it is the responsibility of all of us to defend freedom of the press.

I have long called for an end to U.S. support for Saudi Arabia's war in Yemen, and for an end to U.S. military assistance for Saudi Arabia. I opposed the recent decision by the Trump Administration to sell billions of dollars in U.S. military equipment to Saudi Arabia, for use in its war in Yemen. If Mr. Khashoggi was tortured and murdered by, or with the knowledge of, the Saudi government, it will be long past time to treat the Saudi royal family as the criminal enterprise that it is."
B.A. Bearacus

bearister
Go Rod Rosenstein!

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/oct/18/rod-rosenstein-wall-street-journal-interview-republicans?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
blungld
It is really to the point where he just says whatever he wants. Just makes it up. Does one thing and then says no I didn't. and there is ZERO blowback. Republicans do not care about the lying and misinformation. This is amazing.

The man can not speak with out saying "honestly" "believe me" "trust me" 'the truth is...it's a tic and the most glaring proof of a habitual liar.

But go ahead Republicans, just keep hating Liberals and don't worry about this lying and crimes, it's for a greater good, right?...oh and, its really the Dems doing the lying and crimes, right? Believe me. It's true. Honestly. Lots of other people say it. You can ask anyone. I have lots of friends who say it.
bearister
Michael Moore on crushing tRump:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/oct/18/michael-moore-we-have-the-power-to-crush-trump-fahrenheit-11-9?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
Another Bear
It sure is quiet on the Mueller front but that's by design, respecting the protocol not to throw out something potentially disruptive during an election (Labor Day until Voting Day).

Trump is still going to get it. The Hill is reporting Mueller isn't going after obstruction charges like many thought. Nope Mueller is following the money and it appears there was plenty of foreign campaign donations (illegal), including from Saudi Arabia and Russia. Just like how Trump gave Putin a public BJ in Helsinki, the denial that the Saudis did anything like execute a journalist seems from the same page.

It appears the big target is Roger Stone, the man with a Nixon tramp stamp on his back. (9 individuals have been subpoenaed related to Stone.)

So, it looks like a nothingburger now but after the midterm, there's talk that Mueller is ready to drop the hammer.

p.s. Report: Pompeo Heard Tape of Khashoggi's Murder.

bearister
Go Captain Mueller! Semper Fi! Oorah! Captain Mueller will be wearing his Bronze Star (with valor), Purple Heart Medal,
Navy Commendation Medal (2) (with valor), Combat Action Ribbon and South Vietnam Gallantry Cross when he slaps the cuffs on The Bone Spur Kid and perp walks him through the Rose Garden as tRump wails like a banshee and soils himself.

B.A. Bearacus
Satan's right-hand man.

B.A. Bearacus
Another Bear
sycasey
B.A. Bearacus said:

Trump is more a narcissist than a nihilist.
bearister
B.A. Bearacus said:

B.A. Bearacus
sycasey said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

Trump is more a narcissist than a nihilist.
Let's agree to meet in the middle and just call him a supreme assshole.
bearister
"Your mission Abdul, should you choose/decide to accept it, ... As always, should you or any of your Force be caught or killed, the Crown Prince will disavow any knowledge of your actions. This tape/disc will self-destruct in five/ten seconds."

Bobodeluxe
Never start a fist fight without your fingers, or your head.
bearister
Another Bear
Trump is paying back the bribe the Saudis sent to Trump for his inauguration, just like how he repaid Putin during the Helsinki Humiliation.
Anarchistbear
Everybody likes a good murder. This has it all- gruesome, mysterious, a bone saw, an Evil Prince, a coverup and a crew of villains- the Saudis, Trump, Kushner, the Israelis- that makes Game of Thrones look like Sesame Street. Which is why it remains on the front page, long after most Trump outrages disappear.
First Page Last Page
Page 57 of 135

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.